Chapter 1 - Daddy's Home

Kristmas Day

The snow was falling down in lazy patterns towards the ground throughout the whole of Seoul but in a tiny quiet street in a fairly modest estate, two eager faces were plastered against the fogged up windows with longing shining in their dark brown eyes. The two figures were twin brother and sister, almost identical in their features but with clearly distinguishing marks that didn’t just relate to them being opposite genders.

 

Taiyan was the elder of the twins and even at the age of five he was beginning to resemble his mother’s height and stature though he had his father’s softer facial features and slightly unruly curly hair that always seemed to want to do its own thing no matter how it was styled or how much stuff was put on it to try and make it keep a style. But at the moment it did not really matter because they had only really started school recently and they had to follow school rules in regards to dress and appearance.

 

Yuelian was the younger of the two, as well as the smaller and slightly frailer as well but she already had a sharp tongue on her and knew how to get around most problems with a simple smile. She reflected her father’s build and his somewhat spacey attitude at times but she was no push over and fairly frequently bossed her big brother about. Her hair was easier to maintain because it was long, straight and a nice natural glossy black that would be easily styled into plats, pig-tails or pony-tails without so much as a thought.

 

Right at that moment though, neither one of the twins were concerned with their appearance as they were eagerly waiting for their Daddy to come home for Christmas and they were both going to be the ones to spot him first.

 

Rounding the corner, Yifan smiled as he spotted his two children leaning on the back of the couch that had been put in front of the window and looking eagerly out in the snow but shook his head gently and clapped his hands, “Come away from the window you two, you look silly like that.”

 

“But I want to see when Daddy gets home,” Taiyan replied immediately, not taking his eyes off the world outside the window, “Then we can go and hug him.”

 

Yifan sighed, “He’s not going to be here until at least eight o’clock, honey and it’s only three thirty now.”

 

Yuelian pouted, “We can wait.”

 

“For five hours without any tea or drinks or your favourite television show?” Yifan responded back as he snuck up on the pair and caught them around the middle to haul both of them up with shrieks of laughter, “You two can’t even sit still for five minutes when we’re in the car going to Grandma’s so I highly doubt that you’ll manage that.”

 

“Mummy!” Taiyan half yelled, as he wriggled about, “Put me down!”

 

“Wah! Mummy’s going to drop us!” Yuelian said, “Then we’ll have bumps and bruises and wheee!”

 

Spinning the pair around in an ever familiar game, Yifan plonked his two children down onto the much larger sofa and stood above them with his hands on his hips, “Now come on you two. You know fine well that Daddy is not going to be back for a long while yet and you’ll get bored and crabby if you stare out of the window for hours upon end.”

 

Yuelian pouted, “But what are we supposed to do until then?”

“You can help your Mummy with finishing off the tidying up and putting the decorations up,” Yifan said with a soft grin, “Or tidy your rooms up like you were supposed to do this morning.”

 

“We did,” Taiyan said with just a bit too much quickness though he faltered, “Well I did and then we started to play Pirates and...”

 

Yuelian giggled because she knew that they were caught out in that game and looked up earnestly at her mother with her best puppy dog eyes, “Can we wait for Daddy if we tidy our rooms tomorrow?”

 

“No,” Yifan said immediately, having long ago become immune to all sorts of cute puppy dog looks thanks to Tao’s constant obsession with really expensive things, though it was a lot harder when it came to his own children naturally, “You can tidy your rooms up properly whilst your waiting for Daddy to come home and if you do a really good job I may just arrange a little trip to your favourite place in the whole wide world for tea tonight.”

 

That immediately got the pairs attention and they stared at him with wide and hopeful eyes, “Really?” they asked together in complete unison which made Yifan want to curl up into a happy ball because heaven knew they were so cute when they did that sort of thing.

 

“Really really,” Yifan said but added, “But I want both of those rooms completely spotless and not a thing out of place or hidden away where it shouldn’t be either.”

 

“We’ll get them perfect!” the twins replied in unison once again before tumbling over one another to go rushing upstairs to get their rooms completely and totally tidy and cleaned up.

 

A chuckle came from behind him and he turned with a grin to find his mother looking at him amusedly, “Bribery and corruption will get you everywhere in life Yifan,” she said brightly to him, pressing a kiss to his nose.

 

“Hey you used to use the same trick on me,” Yifan said with a giggle as he picked up a couple of spare bits from the floor, “Just you used to threaten me with Father Christmas not coming instead.”

 

“It worked,” Mrs. Wu said with a bright smile, “Your room was always so clean around Christmas time. Probably still is, knowing you.”

 

For a second Yifan thought about being cheeky with his reply but opted out of it, whilst he was a family man himself now there was still plenty of opportunity for his mother to tell him off and he still couldn’t really fight back against her too much, “Yeah...always got to be. EXO hated it when I used to do it in the dorms.”

 

“I can imagine,” Mrs. Wu said, “What time is Yixing turning up?”

 

“Around eight, or so he said,” Yifan said with a smile, “Depends on what time the recording gets finished with.”

 

Mrs. Wu nodded, “Okay. I’ll make sure to have the kettle on then. Are you going to put the tree up now?”

 

Yifan shook his head, “No, we’ll put it up tomorrow when we’re all together.”

 

“Okay,” Mrs. Wu said as she disappeared into the kitchen to get some light tea sorted for everyone to tide them over because hungry five year olds were worse than bored ones and Yifan merrily went about his own cleaning as he tried to not steal glances out of the window to see if Yixing had any chance of getting away from work early or not.

 

~*~

 

Trying desperately not to glare at the back of Suho’s head as he rambled on through another thank you speech, Yixing mentally scolded himself to not glance towards the clock at the back of the audience and to smile brightly because hello they had just won another award and it should be all happy smiley faces. It was just ever so slightly irritating that he knew that if he didn’t get off stage in the next five minutes then he would end up being over an hour or so late for getting home and seeing his family.

 

Thankfully a quite anxious Choi Siwon was lingering in the wings off the side of the stage and giving a very meaningful glare to the producers of the show to hurry things up because he understood the fact that there were those who wanted to take full advantage of the extended break. It had been amazing just how well Siwon had adapted to the position of being CEO ever since the sudden dramatic collapse of the old company three years ago and now things were literally back up and flourishing. Super Junior were still performing, with Siwon still in the line up, and somehow it all just seemed to flow so much better than it had done before.

 

What was even better was the fact that Siwon understood the importance of family and made sure that Yixing got plenty of time off to see his two children growing up. Though there again since he was a family man himself it made perfect sense. The producer nodded at someone and finally they were offstage and hurrying to get to the changing rooms.

 

“Are you sure you got everything?” Chanyeol asked for the hundredth time, “I mean if there’s anything...”

 

“Chanyeol, I’ve got everything I need I just need to get going else the twins are going to be so sleepy that it’s going to be unreal,” Yixing said, quickly pressing a kiss to the others cheek just to annoy Baekhyun and grabbing his coat, “Plus I’m seeing you again in like four days so if there is anything that I’ve left you can bring it then. I’m only going home, not to the other side of the country so it’s no big deal.”

 

“Move Chanyeol!” Kai sounded just as frantic as Yixing did as he shot past to grab his hat and scarf which had been thrown onto the dressing table before, “I’m not going to be late for Soo and Soye either. Come on Yixing, say your goodbyes later.”

 

Yixing needed not a second telling and the two fathers were virtually running out of the door with frantic cheers back towards the others to wish them a merry Christmas and to confirm that they would see them on the twenty seventh of December at Yixing’s house.

 

It had been no surprise in the slightest to anyone that Kyungsoo had gotten pregnant but thankfully he had found out and announced it just around the time that Siwon became CEO so there was no big fuss made and it just allowed to play out naturally. Soyeoung was turning three on Christmas Day and it was no surprise that her Father wanted to be there just as much as Yixing wanted to be with his own family. 

 

Yixing smiled as he came to a stop next to the car which he knew to be his and gave the other a brief hug, “You take care of yourself Kai and remember to bring both Soo and Soye with you else you’ll never hear the end of it from Yifan.”

 

“Don’t I know it hyung,” Kai said with a bright smile, “Give an extra big hug to the twins for me okay and tell Kris hyung that he’s to stop fussing and relax for a little while this Christmas.”

 

“Not going to happen,” Yixing said, ducking into the car with a final wave and a bright call of, “Merry Christmas,” towards the other before he closed the door and quickly dug out his phone. Six forty pm, he would make it home in perfect time for the twins to still be up and he could not wait to get in and see them all again.

 

The driver smiled and nodded, pulling out just after Kai’s car left and hitting the busy streets of downtown Seoul.

 

~*~

 

The key rattling in the lock immediately caught the twin’s attention and they abandoned the ice cream that they were eating to rush towards the front door with cries of, “Daddy!”

 

Yixing paused mid-way from calling, “I’m home,” to drop to his knees, letting his bags just land on the carpet with a happy yell as he caught the two five year olds in their mad running and pulled them both up into a very happy hug whilst they clung to his neck. “Oh look at the size of you two, you’ve grown so much,” he cooed happily at them, pressing multiple kisses to their foreheads and squeezing them tightly, “Soon you’re going to be so much bigger than me and it will be totally unfair!”

 

“I’m going to be bigger than Mummy one day!” Tai said immediately, sticking his tongue out at Yue, “Whilst Yue will be lucky if she gets bigger than she is now.”

 

“Tai!” Yifan scolded lightly, “Don’t be rude to your sister.”

 

“Ha, I may be small Tai but I’ll still be able to kick your ,” Yuelian replied completely unbothered and snuggled against her father happily, “Cause Daddy can kick Mummy’s without trying.”

 

“Whoa there, little missy,” Yifan said again, “Where on earth have you been learning such naughty language?”

 

Yixing chuckled, “Oh leave them be. Besides I can kick your without even trying Yifan.”

 

An eyebrow was raised in his direction but his partner shook his head and stepped closer, “Well it’s a good thing that I love you isn’t it? Now move aside you two, Mummy wants to say hello two.”

 

The twins were carefully dropped to the floor though they clung to Yixing’s legs whilst their mother and father wrapped arms around one another and kissed passionately. Even though they had only been separated for just over a week it still felt far too long in their opinion and they pulled back with heavy breaths, “Love you,” Yifan whispered gently.

 

“Love you too,” Yixing said with a smile before looking down at the two clinging monsters, “and I love you two little clingers as well. Now come on, help Daddy get his stuff in and then we can get settled down for bed and start really having a big family Christmas together yeah?”

 

“Yay!” Taiyan and Yuelian replied together, rushing to be the first to grab hold of something which gave their parents another quick chance to steal a few more needful kisses from one another before a pillow connected with their heads as Mrs. Wu reminded them playfully that she was still in the house and wanted to welcome her official son-in-law home as well.

 

Yixing smiled as he embraced the elder women, just catching a familiar gold glint off the band around his wedding finger on his left hand and felt that lovely warm feeling coursing through his heart as he recalled that whole day. Quickly though those thoughts were pushed aside as he turned back to help disentangle his husband and two kids from the mess of clothes, underwear and blankets that had been caused on the stairs when one of his bags had popped open when it was being carried up. Thankfully it was the clean stuff but it still took a few long minutes to sort everything and everyone out.

 

Though that was just the starts of the Kray family Kristmas traditions and all of them were really looking forward to seeing how it would play out again this year. 

Authors babbling

Phew, finally got the first chapter all up and done and I hope it lives up to expectations and is not overly mushy or silly. But it's the Kray family being cute at Chrismtas so there's really not a lot that can be done to stop that now is there. Also opted to make the twins older cause A) five year olds are so much more fun at christmas and B) more babies to play with ^^ 

Hope you enjoyed and catch you soon ne?