Chapter 5 - Kristmas Day Part 2

Kristmas Day

Xiumin was pacing back and forth in a mixture of fear, panic and frustration in the relative’s waiting room and it was clear that he was beyond worried sick at this point in time. Kyungsoo was the first one through the door, passing Sooyeong to her father in order to catch hold of the other and pull him into a hug, “Min, its okay. Everything’s going to be okay.”

 

The elder visibly jumped at the hug and took a few seconds to recognise the EXO group umma but when he did he immediately threw his arms around the smaller man and held onto him tightly. “Oh god, Kyungsoo! He was fine, perfectly fine for the first time in an age and then he just collapsed with pains and...”

 

“Hey, shush, it’s okay,” Suho was next to add to the hug, pressing his lips to the others head, “I’m sure that he’ll be fine.”

 

“But what if he’s not?” Xiumin virtually wailed, tears beginning to leak out of his eyes, “What if this is it? How could I have not seen the signs and done something about this...”

 

“Baozi!” Kris took the opportunity to step in and embrace the elder man, knowing that using that nickname would probably land him a punch in the gut but it was a way through to the distraught man, “Don’t think like that, you have done everything and more for your partner and I’m sure that he’s going to be fine. Now come here, stop jumping to conclusions and let us give you some comfort huh?”

 

Looking at the taller like he was insane, Xiuimin seemed to take a moment or two to think about the situation before flinging himself into Yifan’s arms and holding on tightly whilst he sobbed his heart out. It was highly unusual for the eldest member to break down so willingly and openly but in this situation it was more than understandable. For a long while the elder was content just to stay in the taller man’s arms and not be comforted by the others but no one really complained because as was jokingly said, Yifan was used to his shirts getting ruined by tears and snot.

 

Yixing glared at Tao who had made the comment before grinning broadly, “Oh I can’t wait to see how a certain panda deals with that very same situation.”

 

“What? Hey no fair!” Tao said, glaring at Yixing, “I wouldn’t let one of my best shirts get ruined like that.”

 

“When we’ve got a crying butterball to deal with yes you bloody well will,” Sehun said, his ice prince mask failing because it was clearly so happy with the notion of the fact for the next few months he could give Tao complete and total hell. Kai had already passed the comment that he was more than sure that Sehun was going to be the most b***** person when it came to his pregnancy because he was a little swine regardless and unlike Kyungsoo he wouldn’t stop to consider everything.

 

Chen chuckled, “So we’re going to hear lots of yelling then?”

 

“Just imagine it on a scale of their biggest fight tripled,” Chanyeol chuckled, snuggling against a still worried looking Baekhyun before pushing him towards Xiumin who had finally untangled himself from Yifan only to be swallowed up by Suho.

 

Blowing his nose on a paper hanky which had appeared from somewhere, Xiumin blinked as he looked towards the pair, “What are you two fighting over now?”

 

“Nothing,” Sehun replied, “I’m just thinking of all the ways that I can annoy Tao and completely get away with it for the next nine months or so.”

 

Xiumin blinked, “Oh...another plus to the Exo family huh?”

 

“Yup,” Sehun grinned, “And all his fault.”

 

“How is it my fault?” Tao said, before holding up a hand towards the rest without taking his eyes off his boyfriend, “And believe me I know why I’m just saying.”

 

Xiumin tilted his head ever so slightly, a smile crossing his features, “Never would have figured that.”

 

“What?” Yifan asked, taking a drink whilst discreetly taking a glance over to Kyungsoo and Kai who were entertaining the three kiddies with a story book after Yixing had been chased off because he was not as good as Uncle Kai apparently.

 

“Tao would top,” Xiumin said, grinning ever so slightly when Yifan choked on his drink.

 

Suho frowned at Xiumin even though he was still petting him but it was Baekhyun who got the comment in first, “Come on, even our dragon admitted that Tao topped him.”

 

“He did not,” Yifan replied, blushing beet red.

 

“I did, Gege!” Tao broke off his mock argument with Sehun to argue with Yifan.

 

“You did not,” Yifan said, blushing all the more and trying to curl around Yixing as a distraction, “We did stuff but you never topped.”

 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, “Yeah you said that before. What did you actually do with him anyway?”

 

“Appropriate conversation with children present?” Kyungsoo’s voice drifted across clearly which generally caused everyone to break out into laugher.

 

Yixing made a quick grab at the running Taiyang and hauled him into his lap, “And where do you think you’re going?”

 

“To find the treasure!” Taiyang said with conviction, as it was the most obvious thing in the world and the others figured that it had something to do with the book that was currently being read to them right now.

 

Chuckling a little as more tears began to roll down his cheeks, Xiumin exhaled happily, “You know you guys are really good for providing a distraction.”

 

Before anyone could even begin to turn around to continue on with mission ‘let’s cheer up Baozi’ there came a knock at the door and a nurse walked in. She blinked slightly in shock at seeing the place virtually full up with people but managed a polite smile, “Mr. Kim Minseok?”

 

Xiumin pulled himself upright, “That’s me. Is Luhan okay?”

 

The nurse nodded, “Yes, mother and child are doing fine if you would like to come and see them.”

 

Xiumin paled, “Child?”

 

Kyungsoo and Yifan shared a shocked look, “Mother?”

 

The nurse looked a little confused before leading the still stunned Xiumin away, saying that she would speak to the doctor about the rest of the group getting into the room to see if they could visit the new family member or not. Clearly she was a fan but she remained professional which was a lovely change.

 

Kyungsoo giggled, “Oh, Hannie is going to be so happy with the news. It’s going to make his year.”

 

“Yeah, when he wakes up,” Yifan grinned, hugging his daughter fondly.

 

“Wakes up?” Sehun asked, looking a little bit on the pale side.

 

“Yup, you have to go under anaesthetic to give birth by caesarean,” Yifan said with a soft smile, “It knocks you for six and takes an age to wake up from.”

 

“Then you feel absolutely groggy as hell afterwards,” Kyungsoo commented, bouncing Sooyeong on his knee, “You don’t know where you are, what time of day it is and it’s just utterly crazy.”

 

“Stop scaring him,” Tao said, protectively pulling a pale looking Sehun into his arms, “He’s already had enough today.”

 

“It’s the truth,” Kyungsoo said, looking mock hurt.

 

“Yeah, best he learns now from the two who have gone through it,” Yifan grinned wickedly, “Though maybe we should let him find some of the bits out for himself.”

 

“Go away Yifan, you only got the symptoms when you were eight months gone,” Kyungsoo said softly, “I had to put up with them all from the first week.”

 

Yifan chuckled, “At least you knew what was going on and had time to prepare.”

 

Yixing went to interrupt the ‘mother’s argument’ as it was playfully dubbed but the door reopened once again by the nurse saying that Xiumin had said that they could come and visit. Carefully the group of ten men and three kids made their way to a private room off the side of the ward because the doctors wanted to be able to monitor Luhan closely without causing too much of a scene.

 

Luhan was lying in a bed, hooked up to several different machines but a quick glance confirmed that he was doing good and seemed to be sleeping peacefully for the first time in a long while. He still looked a little on the pale side but there was a slight touch of colour forming back on his lips and he was breathing good and steady.

 

“Oh look at the little prince,” Chen said, somehow managed to get around everyone else to get to a very proud looking Xiumin who was sitting on a chair with a tiny baby in his arms wrapped in a blue blanket.

 

Immediately the others crowded around to coo gently at the baby who was still at that stage of coming into the world where he was just a little bundle of skin and bones that sought out warmth. “Congratulations Minseok,” Suho whispered, pressing a kiss to his forehead, “You and Luhan are such lucky people.”

 

“I’m a Daddy,” Xiumin grinned brightly, “I can’t believe it. All of the problems that we’ve gone through all for this little miracle.”

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Yeah, told you months ago that it would be something special didn’t I?”

 

Xiumin nodded again and then paled, “Oh no, we haven’t got anything in the slightest, how are we supposed...”

 

“Whoa,” Yifan said gently, “its okay. We’ve got a load of stuff left over from the twin’s and I’m sure that Kaisoo can give you some of Soo’s stuff.”

 

“Yah! Don’t use that shipping name!” Kyungsoo complained with a giggle before nodding, “Yeah, Sooyeong is getting to be a big girl now so we’ve got some spare stuff. You’ll have to paint it blue but that’s not too hard.”

 

Xiumin nodded and looked down towards his son who was being stared at by Taiyang and Yueliang with amazement on their faces. There couldn’t be anything more precious than getting a son for Christmas and he couldn’t wait for Luhan to wake up so that they could name him together. He felt so blessed right now, he had his large extended family all around him and his own little personal family starting after a year of worry, heartbreak and panic. He couldn’t feel any happier right now and that made it all the more perfect.  

Authors babbling:

There you go, see I can be nice to Lulu and Xuiy ^^ They get a bouncing baby boy who you just know is going to be a prince charming little brat don't you lol. Any suggestions for his name would be great as my brain is being totally unresponsive right now. 

And look at you lot getting two updates in one week, surprised even me with this lol but anyway there should be only one more chapter to go with this and then I'll be asking a bunch of stuff to see what you think ^^ Hope you all enjoy and I look forward to getting the baby names too. 

Though I couldn't resist the 'moms' complaining at one another, such a girly thing to do but hey *shrugs* oh and has anyone seen that KFC Advert? I nearly fell off my chair laughing at it and I want that notebook/diary you can get lol 

Anyways, enough of me being a waaay too old fangirl, hope you all enjoyed this and speak to you soon ne ^^