MinBumFood : Kibum First or Food First?

Mini Stories

“Do you ever consider me as your boyfriend, Shim Changmin?”

“What?”

“You choose your food over me every time. I think I had enough!”

“What do you mean? Are you breaking up with me?”

“Breaking up? Huh. There is nothing to break in the first place. As far as I know, I never heard the 3 words that expressing your feeling towards me. I am the only one who confesses and assume that your feeling is same as me because of your warm smile at my confession. Maybe I see things.”

Shim Changmin is a food lover and Kim Kibum knows it but still he try to not look at it as he loves the boy so much.. Did he is the only one that is in love in this relationship? He is not even sure if this can be call a relationship even when he is sick that man is care more about the food.

 

*Flash back*

He has slight fever today but Shim Changmin doesn’t care as when he comes home the first word coming out from his mouth is ‘Is dinner ready?’ It’s always like that.  And when he answer that he didn’t cook Changmin quickly ask why. He feels irritated and angry. Can he ever look at him and sense that there is something wrong? No. Shim Changmin always care about the food. Kim Kibum is at the bottom of his care list.

*End of flashback*

 

“I warned you before.”

“Yeah, that your first priority is food even when you have a boyfriend.”

“Then you should know-”

“Yeah, sorry for that. I think I can be an exception.” Kibum interrupt before Changmin can finish his sentence. “Have a good life then.” Kibum said before leaving the house.

Seeing Changmin doesn’t make a move to stop him, Kibum feels he make a right choice by leaving him before he fall in love deeper than what he feels right now.

Changmin is frozen at his spot; he still is processing the event that happened just now. Did Kibum just break up with him? But what did he do?

 

Next day at school’s cafe

 

“Minnie? You didn’t touch your food? Is there something wrong?” Jaejoong asked as that event never happened before since he knew him. Shim Changmin doesn’t touch his food? Who are you kidding with.  It’s like the end of the world.

“Yeah Min, they are your favorites. Even though I think all the food is your favorite.” add Yoochun.

The YunJae and YooSu couple is having their lunch together with him. Changmin is a year younger than them and they are like to spoil him especially Jaejoong even he is being mean to them most of the time.

“Did you have a fight with Kibum?” asked Yunho.

Hearing that name make Changmin stress more so he stand up and leave heading to the rooftop.

“They must have fight.” assured Junsu and all of them agreed.

“Yeah there is no one else can turn our Minnie upside down like that boy did. But I’m sure that boy didn’t aware about it.” said Yoochun.

“Kibum!” called Yunho when he sees the cute boy enter the café.

“Hyung.”

“Come sit with us. We have something to ask you.” said Yunho.

Kibum know what they gonna asked him but he also know he can’t escape from them. They will find him until they get the answer. Changmin is so lucky to have someone who cares for him.

“Did you have a fight with Changmin?” asked Jaejoong. He really eager to know what had happened between these two.

Kibum just nod his head.

“Is it bad?”

“We are not together anymore.”

“What?!” shouted all of them.

“Why? Did he cheat on you? But he is not someone who did that. ” all of them ask and answered by themselves.

 Seeing Kibum just keep silent, Jaejoong ask him a question. “Can you tell us what happen?”

“No. You guys will laugh.”

“No we won’t, right guys?” assured Jaejoong.

Kibum silent for a while before look at all his hyung curious’s eyes and he know he have to tell them. No escape. “I can’t handle being a second.”

“Second? Who’s the first?” asked Junsu.

“Its not who, its what…” Kibum feel embarrassed to continue when he knows they will laugh at the reason.

“Its what...you mean…food?”   asked Yunho.

“Kim Kibum, you really don’t know what power that you have on him don’t you?”

“What?”

“See those foods over there, it’s Changmins’ and he not even touches it.” said Junsu.

“You lied.” Kibum didn’t believe what Junsu’s said.

“Why would we lie?” asked Yoochun.

“That is how important you are to him.” add Jaejoong.

“But..”

“For Shim Changmin the food lover to not eat because of someone, that means that someone is really really important to him more than the food. Yes, food always be number one in his heart and its not easy to change it. But now you are the only one that can change it. This time you are the first in his heart. He can be stupid and try to act cool in front of you saying he needs food more than you, but please ignore it.” explained Jaejoong.

“But it still hurt…”

“If that happened, just beat him.” smirked Yoochun.

“Yoochun! Kibum please don’t hurt my baby. Maybe you can yelled at him but please don’t beat him.” pledge Jaejoong.

“Yeah, please don’t do that or else you will face his umma here.” said Yunho while pointing at his lover. “and it will affect me too as he will crying and I had to coo him and he will blabbered all day long about it until I will feel jealous.” smirked Yunho while hugging Jaejoong from behind.

“Yunnie!” Jaejoong playfully slap Yunho’s hand.

“So you guys saying that he does like me?”

“Love, Kibum not just ‘like’.” smiled Junsu.

“So…”

“Go talk to him. You know where he is right?” asked Yoochun.

“I think so.” replied Kibum and wrap the abandon lunch.

“What are you gonna do with that?” asked Yunho.

“I didn’t think we can talk really well with his empty stomach. I am afraid the talk would go worse.”

“You really care for him don’t you?” smiled Jaejoong as he also feel the warmth from Kibum kindness. Kibum nod at the questions.

 

At the rooftop.

 

 Shim Changmin having a debate with his inner self.

Am I that bad?

No you’re not.

I’m not right? Then why he breaks up with me? I didn’t cheat on him. I just love food.

Because you love food more than him. Did you ever love him at all?

Of course I love him. Why would I date someone I don’t love?

 Then why didn’t you say that words?

I thought he can feel it. Isn’t action speaks louder than word?

Really Changmin, really? What is the action that you did to make he feel your love?

I share my food. I did it every day.

That’s it?

Neh..

Anything else?

Isn’t that enough?

 

“It’s not enough.” said Kibum.

“What the-” cursed Changmin as he gather back his heart that jump out from its place.

“Why did you think it’s enough?”

“Because I share something that I love so much. You are the only one that I ever shared my food with. I never shared it with anyone before including them four.  You know how precious they (the food) are to me.”

“Fine. Now what?” asked Kibum as he stares at Changmin.

“I apologized for what I had done. I never meant any of it. I never thought that you would get hurt. But please… can you accept me back? Accept me together with my love for food.”

“I will forgive and accept you back if you put your attention to me more than them (the food) most of the time.”

“Can you yell or scold me if I didn’t do that?” pout Changmin as he knows how hard to get his attention away from the loved one (again, the food).

Kibum look deeply into Changmin’s eyes try to find the love that the other’s said.

“Did you ever fell in love with me Shim Changmin?”

“Of course I I did and I still do.”

“Then why you didn’t stop me from leaving yesterday?”

“I don’t understand what happened. What did I do to make you that mad? I didn’t cheat on you.  I don’t know what to say to stop you.“

“Sometimes you don’t need to say anything. You just need to stop me.”

“I’m a bad boyfriend am I?” asked Changmin sadly.  

“Did you eat anything today?” asked Kibum as he heard someone’s stomach growling.

“I’ve tried but I can’t. I keep thinking about you. Please forgive me.” begged Changmin.

“Fine, I forgive you.”

“So I’m your boyfriend again right? And you are mine?”

“Neh…” Kibum just shrugged at it but deep down, only God knows how happy he is.

“Yey!!!” shouted Changmin while he hug and spin Kibum. “Thank you so much.” said Changmin before lean in to capture Kibum’s lips. They kiss passionately until they part when they had to breath. “I love you Kim kibum.” Changmin whispered at Kibum’s ear and it makes Kibum’s legs go weak that Changmin had to hold him. “This is why I don’t say the word. You will melt.” smirked Changmin making Kibum blush hardly.

“Come on I bring you your food.  Aren’t you hungry?” Kibum try to change the topic as he thinks he can’t handle Changmin cheesiness.

“I am hungry but I don’t want to eat them.”

“Then what do you want to eat?” surprised by Changmin answered because as far as he know the man never say no to his love one (the food).

“I want to eat you.” said Changmin and run away before Kibum can smack his head.