Cons of Being An Idol (YeolJong)

Infinite Short Drabbles/ One-shots

I CAN'T BELIEVE I KEEP GETTING NOTIFICATIONS ABOUT NEW SUBSCRIBERS EVEN IF I DON'T UPDATE.

GUYS WHY ARE YOU SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE I MEAN I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT ALL OF YOU READING MY STORIES because I'm not the best at making stories and yet all of you are reading this and I feel like I'm disappointing everyone >___<
Thank you though for keeping up with my incompetence. Erm... I'm too embarrassed to reply to the comments everyone sent me because it's somehow been months since the comments have been there and I haven't replied to them. BUT WORRY NOT because I have read every single one of your comments and no, this hasn't ended yet; I'm just experiencing writer's block and I lack time for myself.
Here is a new update because I'm experiencing such bliss at the announcement of no classes tomorrow \((^____^))/

I dedicate this new chapter to Kironstree who requested for a YeolJong story~


Pop idol Lee Sungjong is part of an idol band called Infinite. They have just recently debuted, but everyone had taken major interest in the band's maknae, Sungjong, because of his looks that easily rivals the beauty of a woman yet still has the edge of a man. When Infinite's photos had went viral all around the internet, all curious netizens could not help but give their comments over how intriguing this new band was, and how much of a beauty the maknae was.

Now, some time has passed since Infinite's debut, and they have been given wonderful and positive feedbacks both from the media and the mass audience. Everyone seemed to have become immediate fans of Infinite for their voices had such great quality in comparison to the recent debuting artists, and they definitely haven't lost in visuals either. All members were equally gorgeous and had great stage presence. No one could stop talking about this new band. It was a hot topic discussed by many.

Everyone was stunned by how beautiful Sungjong was when he first stepped onto the stage. When someone would see the band, their eyes would concentrate on Sungjong initially before becoming infatuated by the other members. Sungjong was someone who stood out the most at first glance, but later on eyes would linger on the other members. This, however, did not stop Sungjong from receiving many different ad and acting proposals. Many wanted Sungjong to star in their videos because apparently information had leaked about Sungjong—that he had, at first, been trained to become an actor.

Schedules and work piled up immediately for all the members of Infinite, and slowly the free time that they have allotted for themselves have started to diminish alongside the more new projects they were signed up for.

Everyone was glad, of course, that they are being loved by many, but Sungjong was not happy. No, he was pissed. Definitely pissed.

Why? Because he was spending less time with his beloved.

With more and more schedules he was being forced to do (for better work partners, his boss would say), he saw his boyfriend less and less.

Yes, his boyfriend Lee Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol, the gardener who runs a small, petite flower shop down the corner right beside Sungjong's favorite cafe. Lee Sungyeol, the bright shining sun in Sungjong's life, the one who is always cheery and supportive no matter what Sungjong experiences and wants. Lee Sungyeol, his first and definitely his lasting lover.

Sungjong ruffles his hair, annoyed, at the thought of skipping out on another date with Sungyeol because of a sudden filming schedule abruptly being scheduled on his free day. It ruined his pleasant mood, but what could he do?

With a sigh, Sungjong sends a text message to his lover and waits for a reply. Not a few minutes later his phone rings signaling an incoming call, and he immediately clicks the 'answer' button when he sees Sungyeol's name flash on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Ah! Sungjong-ah! Good afternoon."

Sungjong wants to squeal in delight because the happy, calming and sometimes squeakily high voice of Sungyeol never fails to uplift his mood. He holds in the urge though, and just replies with a "Good afternoon to you too, Yeol. You got my text message?" Sungjong wants to punch himself because there he is, acting like someone cool and reserved again when all he wants to do is say loving words over the phone.

"Yeah, I read the message. You really can't make time to meet me? Not even for a short while so that I can see how your complexion is? I'm worried you're overworking yourself, and I really don't want to see you falling sick anytime soon. Please?"

Sungjong bites his thumb finger because he feels really guilty hearing his boyfriend speak those words, and he can definitely visualize the pouting face the other has on. He doesn't like making him worry, but he can't do anything about his schedules; it's the work of his manager, right? "Sorry, really. I'll make it up to you, somehow. I'll find time, and then we can have some time all to ourselves."

"But that's what you said last time."

"I mean it all the more this time. Please, just... please, I'm fine, definitely healthy and I'm eating well. Everyone says I'm too slim that's why there's no reason for me to diet. I'm eating all the right things and I'm trying to catch as much sleep as I can."

There's a pause, but Sungjong can tell Sungyeol doesn't believe him. "Oh alright, just tell me when we can meet up soon..." The other hangs up, and Sungjong flops onto his bed.

'Disappointed, he's so, so, so disappointed.' Sungjong mulls over this for a while, and it bothers him so much. He hates it when he displeases his boyfriend, just because his boyfriend has been nothing but considerate of his busy schedule and training. 'Should I ask him if he wants to break up? Maybe he's just forcing himself to date me...' A part of Sungjong breaks at this thought, but 'No, I can't lose him or I'll lose myself' is what counters the other thought. He contemplates a little more, but weariness takes over him and he falls into deep slumber before he has to get up the next day and continue his daily activities of being an idol.

---

"OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE LESS THAN AN HOUR BEFORE I NEED TO BE AT SUNGYEOL'S AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR OH GOSH OH GOSH HELP ME MYUNGSOO!!!"

Sungjong scrambles around the room, flinging random clothing all around the place just looking for something decent and presentable.

"WHY IS EVERYTHING SO FOUL-SMELLING AND HEY IS THIS YOUR SHIRT OR MY SHIRT BECAUSE IT LOOKS PRETTY FLATTERING?"

"My shirt."

"OK THANKS CAN I BORROW IT AND OH LOOK CAN I BORROW YOUR PANTS TOO I PROMISE IT WON'T SMELL LIKE BY THE TIME I COME BACK."

"Sure."

"THANK YOU MYUNG-MYUNG SUCH A GREAT FRIEND YOU ARE!"

Sungjong stumbles out of the room and rushes immediately to the door.

"Where are you going?" Infinite's leader asks before Sungjong can zoom past the entrance door.

"Sungyeol's!" Sungjong then speeds out, not even bothering to close the door because he knows Sunggyu would do it himself.

It usually takes 40 minutes to walk to Sungyeol's place, but since Sungjong was rushing really badly he makes it over in around 25 minutes. Huffing and breathing really hard, he rings the doorbell and hears footsteps behind the door. The door is opened abruptly, nearly hitting Sungjong in his face.

"I," pant, "...barely made it..." Sungjong grabs onto Sungyeol's sweater (So cute, he thinks because that oversized sweater never fails to look adorable on his lover), and lets his whole body fall towards Sungyeol, and the latter just pats Sungjong's hair before dragging the other inside his home.

With some difficulty, Sungyeol manages to bring the nearly faint Sungjong to the living room. He lets Sungjong flop on the sofa, and then he goes to the kitchen to get his guest something to drink. "Water", he hears Sungjong mumble. Sungyeol just lets out a smile and prepares a glass of cool water for the other.

"Here you go, drink up."

"Thanks." Sungjong downs the water in one go, and he lets out a breath of satisfaction.

Sungyeol watches Sungjong, and he can't help but reach out to the pretty man to play with the locks of his hair. "Your hair is pretty stiff, left-over hairspray?"

"Yeah, didn't have time to wash my hair earlier after a performance."

"Is that so?" Sungyeol seems to have a worried look painted on his face, so Sungjong says: "It's fine, just one performance that went perfectly well." Sungjong pulls Sungyeol to sit beside him, and he leans towards the other to cuddle. So relaxing, Sungjong thinks, and it's true. Being beside Sungyeol always calms him, as if his aura had some unnatural calming sensation that oozes from his mere presence.

They spend a few minutes just beside each other, enjoying the silence, but Sungjong's rumbling stomach cut through the peace.

"Hungry, I assume?" Sungyeol stands up and pulls on the other to also stand.

"Yeaaaah... Guess the ramen didn't make me as full as I thought." Sungjong lets himself be pulled upwards, and they walk to the dining area holding hands.

Holding hands... Sungjong then notices that ever since he's debuted he hasn't held Sungyeol hands out in public. No, wait, it's more like he hasn't had time to go on a proper date along with Sungyeol, excluding the times when he has the chance to surprise Sungyeol with a visit to the flower shop and they end up taking a break at the nearby cafe. The schedules keep pushing back their planned dates to the point that none of them have pushed through.

He doesn't notice he has walked into a standstill until Sungyeol is tugging at his still held hand. "Why'd you stop? C'mon, a few more steps to the dining room."

This shatters Sungjong's line of thoughts, and he shakes his head a few times before giving Sungyeol a big smile. "Yeah, sure, just too hungry to walk..." He fakes a tired face.

"Stop being a lazy and let's go!"

On the dining table there is food already set out, just covered in plastic wraps. Sungjong's stomach grumbles once again, and he flushes slightly pink because Sungyeol chuckles a bit too long for his liking.

"Stop it!" Sungjong says, and he sits down on his place all the while still glaring at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol also takes his seat, but his eyes are still glued to Sungjong who is already wolfing down his dinner.

"Why aren't you eating?" Sungjong says with his mouth half-full. He drinks water to swallow everything. "Nothing, just that watching you eat is more interesting." Sungyeol then begins to also eat, but with a hint of a smile.

"You know," Sungyeol starts, "I really miss going out to the movies with you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I miss going on movie dates, walking hands with you in public, spending most of my time either by your side or talking on the phone— I really want to do all the normal things people who are dating does."

Sungjong chokes on his food at the mention of those things. He's thought the same things recently, but hearing it from his lover directly was like a blow to his heart. He doesn't want to have Sungyeol experience these things, he doesn't like how Sungyeol has this nostalgic look on his face, he doesn't want Sungyeol to be lonely.

"...I'm sorry." Sungjong mutters with a dejected sigh. He's sad, terribly sad. He also wants to do everything Sungyeol just mentioned; he's been longing for the day when he won't be swarmed with fans at the malls or streets.

The tension from the conversation later on disappears, both of them just spending some quality time with each other, longing touches now felt and cuddling made possible, but Sungjong couldn't help his displeasure from the earlier conversation.

The lines Sungyeol uttered during dinner, they haunted Sungjong for days. Even during dance practice he could hear and see Sungyeol's sad face and words, even during interviews, during performances, and also during show filmings.

They bothered Sungjong so much that he had to write it down on a random piece of paper and stuff it into his wallet.

He was going to make what Sungyeol wanted into reality. He was definitely going to do something about it. He swore that Sungyeol wouldn't feel lonely anymore

He felt like he needed to convey his emotions that would show his sincerity, so Sungjong did it in a way that would show the true him: through music.

Days, nights, months; these passed while Sungjong tried to compose his own music in secret. Whatever free time he had he spent in trying to finish what he started.

When finished, he firstly revealed the piece to s, all who praised the newly-made song saying it was wonderful.

Then, he presented it to his manager, who said it was worth a shot.

After, he also presented it to his boss, who said it was lacking in some aspects, but changes could be made to make it a whole lot better. The song, he said, had a unique setting, since most would not sing about not wanting the idol life.

This pleased Sungjong mainly because it revealed his true feelings through the lyrics. He wrote all about his longing for his lover,

He wrote all about the hardships of being an idol when it comes to love, about how he wants to quit but he loves music too much to even walk away from his dream, about how dating in public isn't possible.

But, he wrote about succeeding. He wrote about how he would make his beloved one proud, how he would give all the love to said person when he gains enough confidence, how he would make up the time spent currently lost. He even wrote about how he dedicates this song to his loved one.

Sungjong is confident, very confident, that once this song is released, Sungyeol would definitely know he is the one whom Sungjong dedicates the song to.


Whew! That was long @_@ Didn't expected it to go all the way down... Anyways, congratulations if you managed to finish reading it all!

I'm pretty sure there could be some disappoinment in the anti-climatic ending, but I still hope ferverently that you enjoyed it D:

I'm still shocked though that I have so many subscribers ;A; Amazing guys ILY.
This isn't proof-read, again.

Inspired by: I Don't Want To Be An Idol by VIXX