Chapter 7

Peanut Butter and Jelly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi was bored. She was in bed and had nothing to do all day. Her mother had called the doctor to come and visit her instead of having to move. She decided to keep her from work and watch after her for the day. She was scrolling through her phone, social media was boring and her materials were all at the studio in her locker.

“Mom!” Hayi yelled through the house, she didn’t want to call because it was likely her mother did not have her phone near her. “MOM!” She whined and looked down at her wrapped up wrist and ankle. She didn’t want to get up but assumed she would need to if she wanted breakfast. Her room was empty; her family had left late last night.

“Why are you so loud?” Hanbin opened the door and rubbed his eyes, having just woken up recently apparently. Hayi, on the other hand, was hiding under the covers immediately.

“What the…! Get out!” She had to stop herself from cursing and decided to just throw her emoji pillow. Hanbin looked on and smacked the pillow away angrily.

“You woke me up! What do you want from your mom?” He decided to calm himself. He hated being taken from his valuable sleep, especially these days where he was busy and had to plan for events, or listen to possible songs for any upcoming albums.

“Nothing, get out! I’ll get her myself.” She took the covers and covered her body. She was wearing her pajamas but they consisted of a tank top and shorts with cute cats on them. She received them as a gift and well they were adorable. They were too adorable for a girl her age.

Moving slowly she pushed herself up carefully.

“No, stay.” He went over and pushed her back on the bed, wanting for her to stay in her place where she couldn’t fall down the steps or hurt herself more than she already had. He quickly ran downstairs and got her mother who was cooking breakfast for them all.

“Everything okay Hanbin?” Her mother sweetly asked him while chopping up some fruit.

“Um…Hayi was calling you.” He smiled at her upon speaking.

“Okay, can you finish chopping and I will go to her, thank you.” She pat his back gently and went upstairs to her daughter.

Hanbin washed his hands and picked up the knife, taking his time to nicely cut the fruit. He looked around curiously before carefully continuing to cut the fruit how her mom had been doing, cute little cubes. Was she making a kebab for fruit? He shrugged and continued cutting.

“Why is he still here?” Hayi had sat up fully on her bed after changing into something less cute and more casual, sweats and a t-shirt.

“His home seemed too far away and it was late out.” She smiled, showing off a nonchalant way of responding. Not really finding it too much of an issue when there was a free room.

“His manager could have gotten him.” She went to cross her arms but stopped, her wrist already becoming an issue.

“But then you would have woken him up from a nice rest. It must be hard for one man to take care of six boys.”

“Seven mom…” Her mom nodded and snapped at the correction.

“Oh yeah sorry. Too many for me to keep track of.”

“You know all of Super Junior!” Hayi was confused and laughed at her mom’s knowledge of super junior.

“That is a different case.”

“No, it's not, how would it even remotely be different?” She laughed and with the help of her mother, stood up to make her way down the stairs. “I got it ma.”

“If you had it would you have fallen last night?” Her mom grinned, patting her daughter’s cheek lovingly while helping her down the steps. Hayi glared and lowered her eyes, keeping them on the steps; she was crazy flustered last night for her to fall down her own steps. She had been in this house since she was a baby, now she can’t do anything right in it.

Hanbin looked towards the living room, slightly being able to see their legs coming down the steps. He had placed all the fruit in the fridge and hoped nothing went bad or anything along those lines. He bowed his head once he made eye contact with Mrs. Lee.

“Finished all the fruit?” She was shocked but amazed, usually when the boys came over; they would never finish the tasks on time. They always go so lazy when working. “Thank you Hanbin.” She sent a thankful smile his way while making sure Hayi was fine after placing her leg up on a pillow, the other one lazily placed upon the couch.

He walked over and took a seat on the other couch, slowly finding his way into a comfortable zone. Her phone had once again made its way out, checking social media and wondering if anything new was happening.

“When are you leaving?” Her eyes never left the phone upon asking him her question. She really felt bothered by him being there.

“When my manager gets here.” He crossed his arms and brought his legs onto the couch.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter