America

It just felt like fate

As usual, the streets are filled with people shouting and milling about. I struggled my way through a mob of people to find this group playing some cool songs, with a few people messing around with dance in front. Bored and looking for a distraction, I burst in and started B-boying and flipping to the music. The crowd grew in size, and the group that I had joined were clapping and watching me. I grabbed one and got him to copy my movements, doing a hybrid dance of the songs GOT7 had released.

The song ended and I clapped for the band and the other dancers before starting to leave. One of the dancers caught my arm and started to ask where I had learnt to dance like that. As I started to shrug and say Korea, a girl in the crowd yelled out my name.

“You’re Mark Tuan of GOT7 right?” She yelled and I tried to laugh it off as a joke. “He’s from a band in Korea! He can dance, sing and rap!” As she spoke, a small group of girls towards the back slinked off towards a lone figure on the swings. I didn’t think too much of it. The band and dancers tried to encourage me to sing, until those girls came back. With BamBam.

“HYUNG!” He yelled and threw himself through the crowd to wrestle me into a hug. “Wae?” He clung to me like a child as I excused myself from the group and led him away. “Why Mark?” he was questioning me in English now, repeating his question in Japanese, Mandarin and Thai when I didn’t immediately answer. He let go of me once I’d led him back to the swings and turned to face me with betrayal in his eyes. “Don’t you love us anymore?” He sniffled and looked at me again, but this time I could see the tears he’d been holding back. “What did we do something wrong?”

“Why are you here alone BamBam?” I knew avoiding the question would just annoy him, but I didn’t know how to answer. It wasn’t something they did, but at the same time, I didn’t know how to explain why I left. “Where’s the others?”

“Behind you.” JB’s voice was cold, pissed. “Firstly, BamBam, I told you to stay with Jr, you shouldn’t have run off. Now go back to him. He’s by the toilet blocks. I’ll deal with you later.” BamBam pouted and grabbed onto me again. “Just go. I won’t get angry. Please.” He grabbed me closer and whimpered a little, puppy eyes in full throttle. He only did this when he really wanted something.

“Go.” I tried to sound cold, distant. “It doesn’t matter what he says.” I shrug and both JB and BamBam look at me with horror. “I’m not going to come back.” BamBam let me go and stormed off, and JB just sat on the swing aggressively. “JB, I…”

“No.” JB’s voice was harsh, and I flinched away from him. “Hyung, Yugyeom and I were in the crowd, we saw you showing them our songs. We saw how happy you looked. So why the hell did you leave?” His voice had gone from harsh to straight out furious. I shrank away and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me forward again.

“I just… we…” My voice cracked and I stumbled backwards, trying to avoid JB’s anger as I fumbled for words. “I…” My phone rang and I gratefully picked it up. “Ah, Mum. Sorry. I’ll come home now,” I murmured, backing further away from JB and setting off a fast as I could.

“Oi, Mark-hyung?” He yelled, but I didn’t turn back around.

~~~J~~~

When JB, Jr, and BamBam trudged through the door of the hotel, I knew something had happened. BamBam’s eyes said it all, and JB seemed to radiate anger. What the hell happened? The question hung in the air but no one was willing to voice it. Yugyeom seemed to be distracted as he stood at the window. He’d returned a bit earlier, only whispering that Mark had been found.

“He’s not coming back, is he hyung?” Youngjae was staring blankly at the TV screen as he asked.

“This is why I didn’t want to come!” Jr finally bursts, and I freeze. “He won’t even say why he left. We’ve lost him. This is torture for us, and for him…”

“I think I should go.” I spoke quietly, thoughtfully. I think I figured out what it happened. Why he left Korea. Or at least part of it. “They know me. I can talk to them easier. Mark and I are really close. And I think I figured it out.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

I apologise for the shortness... I figured adding more would spoil the suspense...

Enjoy and comment on what you think will happen next!!!