JUST BREATHE

It just felt like fate

~~~M~~~

I went straight inside once I got home, simply shaking my head when Dad when to grab my arm. I just couldn’t think, didn’t want to think, didn’t want to see their hurt and betrayed expressions in my mind. Pretending I didn’t hear my parent’s worried calls of “Mark? Little ?” as I closed my bedroom door behind me.

My eyes slid closed as I flopped onto my bed. It was still early but I was so tired already, on the verge of sleep. I lay there in silence, mind floating to the memories of Korea, of him, of our dances, our music. Sleep came quickly, even though it was early.

 

Jackson and I had been practicing tricking for the upcoming concert when I’d stumbled and fallen to the ground with a THUD. Jackson was kneeling beside me before I could even say ‘ouch!’

“Mark! Are you okay?” I nodded and struggled to my feet before flinching a little. “You obviously aren’t.” I whispered, supporting me slightly as I limped to the chair in our practice room. He elevated my leg and pressed his fingers tenderly to my ankle, applying slight pressure until I flinched. “A sprain?” He questioned.

“I’m alright,” I sighed slightly and moved my ankle experimentally. “Just twisted I think. I’ll be fine.” He frowned slightly and I giggle as his fingers prod and poke at my foot. “Tickles…” I murmur and he laughs.

“Mark, can I ask you something weird?” He slid onto the couch beside me and rested his head on my chest. I nodded and hummed, threading my fingers through his hair. This wasn’t all that unusual for us to cuddle up like this. “Do you believe in fate?”

“What?” A weird question indeed.

 

“MARK!” I was roused from the dream by my father’s loud knock and yell. “Mark, you awake?” I groaned and he laughed. “Good. Now, Jackson’s here. Do you want me to send him in?” I groaned again and started to consider the pros and cons of seeing him when the door slammed open. “Sorry Mark… He ducked around me.” I looked up from my pillow and met Jackson’s eyes. “I’ll leave you boys alone then.” Dad left the room and closed the door over, leaving me alone with Jackson.

“Jacks…” I murmured, rubbing my eyes to get rid of the sleepiness.

~~~J~~~

I had been patient as Mark’s dad woke him up, but asking if he wanted to see me caught me off guard. Was he that upset? I slipped in and ignored Mr Tuan’s hasty apology and focused on Mark. He looked like he hadn’t slept in weeks, rubbing his eyes adorably as he mumbled my name.

“Dimsum…” I started but stopped. Now was definitely not the time for pet names. “Mark…”

“Hey Jacks… remember our conversation about fate?” When he spoke, his voice was thick with sleep and emotion I couldn’t place. Guilt maybe? “About belonging, and destiny and knowing when its right?”

“Yeah,” I murmured, sitting on his bed, and cuddling up like we did during that conversation. “I remember.” I always loved cuddling with him so much more than the others. “I asked if you believed in fate, when you know you belong there, even if you don’t know why.”

“I never felt I belonged there completely…” He whispered against my ear and I shivered, both from the seriousness in his voice and from the way his breath brushed my ear. “GOT7 was where I wanted to be, but something was holding me back.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? Right then, because I could have helped!” I pushed away from him and he grabbed for me again, pulling me back to him. “We could have figured it out, found what was missing.” I turned my face so that I could look at him from his chest. His eyes were far off and his hand that was threaded into my hair rubbed soothing circles into my scalp.

~~~M~~~

“I always knew that fencing wasn’t what I wanted to do.” Jackson’s eyes were glinting as he spoke, a smile hidden in my chest as he spoke. “But when I met you guys…” his voice faded and he smiled.

“I’ve never experienced that feeling so I don’t know.”

 

“What did you want me to say?” I murmured, and Jackson froze. I kept rubbing circles in his hair and he sighed. “There was nothing I could say. Jacks…” I sighed and the boy looked up and we entirely too close to be normal. “Jacks…” our lips were so close, and the short shaky breath he let out emptied my mind. I inched forwards until we were basically touching. “Maybe this is what I was missing…” I murmured and our lips touched.

The electricity that surged through me as we touched terrified me. I pushed him away and the two of us couldn’t look at each other as I cleared by throat.

“Let’s just… forget that ever happened.” Jackson murmured and I agreed almost silently. “But… please come home?” I pushed him fully off of me, sending Jackson crashing from my bed to the ground.

“No.” I struggled breathe. “I can’t.” I was on the verge of hyperventilating now, and it took almost all my energy to keep myself awake. “Nonononononono…”

“Mark… breathe.” Jackson’s voice sounded distressed, and I tried to calm down. “Mark, Mark, please breathe. In and out.” His voice rose in panic and my vision blurred. “Mr Tuan!” He called out, and I heard the door slam open. “He’s panicking, I can’t… I don’t know what to do!”

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Author-nim, Authoress (any of those kinds of titles) here.

 

This story was designed for a friend who ships Markson so hard. I do take requests, so if you like a pairing in most male kpop bands, I'll give it my best shot...

I take criticism well, so tell me if I do something wrong, or badly, and I'll do my best to correct it. 

Also, if you have any questions for me, ask away. I'll answer whatever I can, even if its a bit embarrassing. ^.^ my friends have conditioned me to handle weird questions. <3

Anyway I hope you enjoy!!! I'll bring some more... Markson-ness into the next few chapters!!!