The first encounter

My Invisible Guradian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-MIN's POV- (which is you)

 

The past 1 and a half years was definitely not to my favor, and definitely not the "fun" type of high school life I thought it would be. 

"Or is it just me?" you thought. Being socially awkward with people you're not close to, people probably thinks that you're unfriendly, and boring. Well, you just dislike being in the limelight, but yet you wished you could actually have a charming boyfriend, someone that will always be there for you. Yeap, there is no one that are like this, and seeing how everyone else seems to be so happy and there's you alone at the corner every single day.... well, two words, school .

But you just don't bother to change.

 

"First day of 2nd year today, Yes. Yoo Min!! Fighting!" you told yourself, giving yourself a small word of encouragement while walking into the classroom.

It's the first lesson of the day - Maths. Starting the day with maths is probably the worst thing ever. 

"Right... Who is that? Jin? Lin? Oh no, I mean MIN. HAHAHAH" Sooyoung remarked, together with her 2 friends while walking pass your seat at the corner of classroom. 

*don't they have anything better to do* you thought, gritting your teeth, ignoring their words.

"HELLO? MS OUTCAST? YOU MUTE?"

"Go get yourself a boyfriend man... but yeah you need one"

"not even friends though..." another corrected, and everyone in the class started laughing. 

You kept quiet, though your insides are already boiling up, it's definitely not worth starting a fight and getting unnecessary attention. 

"Don't you try to act like a shy and try to get our OPPAS." They said, staring at you amusedly, waiting for your reply. 

You felt so weak, yet, you just had to putup a i-don't-care image. There are probably lots of untrue rumors about you that actually made you so unpopular among people. You would rather be alone then be friends with any of these two-faced classmates. 

 

It's finally break and as usual you walked to the student cafeteria to get your food. Everything was normal, except whisperings and girl's spazzing seems to be out of the norm. 

"Did you hear? the 6 new transferees? they're hot."

"Oh my gosh. Especially Bobby, he's so cute i can't even"

"AND JUNHOE TOO ASDFGHJKL"

It'll be a lie if you said you're not interested. Who wouldn't? But the thought of no one being able and willing to share about this just made you down yet again.

At the same time, the 6 transferees came into the cafeteria, followed by the sound of fangirls screaming. You turned to look, and just as the descriptions in the gossips, they are really good-looking. Probably, the most good-looking boys you have ever seen... and if only....

"I heard Sooyoung and her friends are really close with them!!" you overheard the conversations of one of the fangirls, and at this very moment, you couldn't help but feel disgruntled.

*It's not that i have any chance in the first place....* you thought and sighed.

 

 

It was a pretty rough day with all the bad encounters with students in school, and the day just couldn't get any worst. Reaching home, only to see the house in a mess, and your mum sobbing at a corner.

Your drunk father came out of the room, only to see you, talking while slurring the words. "Daughter, I've I've borrowed some money from you."

your eyes widened. It is the money you have worked so hard for during the vacation. "NOO! IT'S SO MANY TIMES ALREADY. I NEED IT YOU CAN'T"

"A..ND WHY? STOP BEING...SO RU..DE IS THAT WHAT...I HAVE TAUGHT YOU? Don't be like your mmmother" your father replied, shouting so loudly. 

You look at how disappointed your mother is, and your uncontrollable father who could only bring problems to the family. He forced his way out of the house, making the house quiet again. Whileon the other hand, mum just stood up, walking into into the room restlessly, not a speaking a single word.

'This is not the first time..... and there can never be peace. it's enough...it's too much.' 

 

(2nd person POV)

Min cowered in the corner of the room, as the weight of stress and darkness of fear surrounded her body and feasted on her mind, sobbing uncontrollably.

Flashbacks of her drunk father earlier making nuisance in the family, supposedly friends turning their backs snickering. How everyone will never look or choose her. This is not the first time that she had broken down in the year, and every time she breaks down, the reason is the same. There is nothing she can do about it.

"This is not the life I want, SERIOUSLY. What have I done to deserve this?"

she wiped her tears, and continued. "If only I have something to show off too, something that can be envied by. Imperfections. wow. I just have to have the most flaws. How fair is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter