Chapter 19

Missing Pieces
Please log in to read the full chapter

A resonant smacking sound sounded through Sehun’s dorm. Joonmyeon stood over his son as he held his cheek while Joonmyeon huffed, his face showing nothing but anger at him. “How could you be so stupid!” His voice boomed, making the others in the room jump. Kai, Kyungsoo and Tao stood behind Sehun, silently watching.

“Father, I can explain…”Sehun started.

“You will explain nothing to me! You cost our people their safety by exposing the Park boy. All for nothing! I don’t even know what you were thinking!” Joonmyeon lectured, smacking his cheek once more. “You are to keep away from Taehyung Park from now on. I don’t want to keep cleaning up after you.”

With that, the Exotyte Captain left the room. Tao looked at Sehun’s cheek and felt empathetic for him. He had seen his father hit him more times than he could remember and it was always for never doing what his father expected of him. Kai and Kyungsoo moved to sit down with the Captain gone and waited for Sehun.

“I’m gonna kill him.” His voice was taut. He stood up and reached for the lamp on his desk. “A mutt like him should have never existed anyway.”

“But you heard the captain--” Tao started but was immediately silenced with a glare.

“I don’t give a damn what my father says! Taehyung Park will die by my hands.” Sehun declared, his eyes wild. He threw the lamp at the wall, causing everyone in the room to cover their heads.

 

Taehyung was pacing as his parents and Jimin sat on the beds. He was rambling on and they listened carefully. Baekhyun wanted to sink into himself but he could understand how his child felt.

“This isn’t what I wanted to happen! I just wanted to know who he was! I wanted to understand and learn about my Mato half!” He shouted. Jimin stood and placed his hand on his friend’s shoulder. “I didn’t want any of this.”

“I understand, Tae. It was a big shock for his family, too.” Jimin tried to console him but his anxiety was already above the galaxy.

“That doesn’t make me feel any better!” Taehyung shouted. 

As he paced, Chanyeol watched him from his place on the bed. Worry was filling him like a void he couldn’t escape. He could understand his son’s anger and didn’t like seeing him like this.

“Son…” he started softly.

“This just isn’t how any of this should’ve gone.” Taehyung continued to pace, holding his head in his hands.

“Son…” Chanyeol continued to try and get his attention. “Son, please…”

Taehyung finally heard him and stopped moving. “How can you still call me your son? How can you say that while knowing I’m not...I’m not...”

Chanyeol stood up and hugged the boy. “You’re not what? My son by blood? That doesn’t matter to me. I raised you. I will always call you my son because that is who you are to me. That will never change.” Taehyung begins sobbing loudly hearing these words. “No matter what, you are still my son.”

As he held his son, he looked over at Baekhyun and shared a silent agreement. Now wasn’t the time to tel

Please log in to read the full chapter