Pieces of Memory

SHE IS ONLY MINE!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: This chapter will entwine the present and the lost memories (italic words) so you may get confused while reading because of my bad writing skill and lack of vocabulary. Sorry for that inconvience T.T Now happy reading, you!!!

G.O couldn't take any rest after he came back home even thought he was extremely exhausted. The talk with Victoria couldn’t get out of his mind. When they started dating, he asked her to trust him but all he did was only hurting her. He couldn’t protect her as he promised. He felt guilty, he felt helpless and he knew that he didn't deserve her love. Things became complicated, a part of him want to set her free for she needn't to suffer anymore but another part of him didn’t want to let her go. Heaving a loud sigh, he buried his face in the pillow then quickly drifted into sleep with a messy mind.

Meanwhile, Victoria sat only in her bedroom. She was absentminded hugging the teddy bear. She didn’t know why but she felt so empty especially when G.O left.  "Is he an important person to me?" questioned Victoria as she patted the teddy head. "I don’t know. I need to take a bath now" she suddenly exclaimed, getting off the bed and finding some comfy clothes before walking toward the bathroom.

In the evening, after waking up, she walked downstairs to find something to eat but the fridge was just as empty as her stomach. "Right, I just moved in yesterday" commented Victoria closing the refrigerator. Walking back to her room, she got changed for going out to have dinner. "When did I have a car?" she mumbled when she passed by the garage but then she ignored it since she thought it's something from the memory loss.

The cell phone rang waking G.O up from his deep slumber. He abruptly sat up and grabbed his phone to see who was calling him. "Hello?" he picked up almost immediately when Victoria's name displayed on his phone sceen.

"Umm, G.O ssi?" she asked politely thru the phone.

"Yes, is there anything you need?" he questioned in worry.

"Umm, can you do me a favor? I was going out to have dinner but unfortunately, I don't remember my house's address and I don't know the way to go back. So, can you find me and take me back home?" she explained nervously.

"It's alright. Tell me where you are" he replied, quickly grabbing his jacket and the car key then rushing to his car.

"Umm, I don’t know" she said weakly.

"How can you get there? You drive?" he continued.

"I walk" she answered shortly.

"Okay, can you give your phone to someone nearby? So that I can ask about your location" he explained as he the engine.

"Alright" she agreed and quickly gave her mobile to the owner of the food stand nearby. After telling G.O the location, the old ahjuma gave the phone back to Victoria.

"I'll be there in 20 minutes. Don't go anywhere" he informed while speeding up.

"Alright" she replied.

"So, hang up now?" he asked softly.

"Okay" then she hung up first and stood still waiting for him.

As promise, 20 minutes later, G.O parked his car on the opposite side of the street when he found her. He sat inside the car and studied her for a while. She looked so lost in the midst of the crowd. She must feel scared for getting lost like this. He quickly got off the car and ran toward her direction while Victoria still looked around. She didn’t notice until he stood in front of her with a warm smile.

"Are you waiting for long?" asked G.O caringly.

"Aniyo" she replied softly "Sorry for causing you trouble"

"I don’t ever think that you cause trouble to me" he said warmly which made Victoria feel touched at his gentleness.

“I’m  sorry for causing you trouble but I…I really…” a shaking voice suddenly cried inside her head then a blur scene quickly flashed on her mind.

“Don’t say like that and don’t cry. I don’t ever think that you cause trouble to me” convinced the man gripping a small hand in his while caressing her cheek as her head rested on his shoulders. She couldn't recognize where it is but the scene is somehow so familiar to her. Victoria frowned while hugging her head hard. It ached so terribly when she tried to remember but she failed.

"Victoria, are you alright?" asked G.O worryingly as he noticed her painful expression.

"My head hurts. It hurts, it hurts" she said with her shaking voice.

"What's wrong?" he questioned in panic.

"I don't know, I don't know" replied Victoria still holding her head "Someone talked inside my head"

"Take a rest, dear" he comforted pulling her into his embrace. He doubted that some memory was recalled but he didn’t want to pressure her.

"It hurts" she murmured weakly in his arms.

"Relax, you'll be fine" he told her softly while patting her back rhythmically.

"I feel better now. Thank you" said Victoria in grateful as she departed from his hug after a while calming down.

"You're welcome" he said pitifully as he still wanted to embrace her a little more.

"Have you had dinner yet?" asked Victoria.

"No, I haven't"

"Did I ruin your dinner? Sorry" she apologize, feeling guilty because of asking him out in a wrong time.

"Aniya, don't misunderstand, I just woke up. That's why" he quickly explained, easing her guilt.

"Ah, I see. Then, would you like to have dinner with me?" asked Victoria shyly.

"I would love to, but didn’t you have dinner already?" he replied in surprise.

"Umm, I haven't really had one. I planned to but when I reached here, I suddenly found out that I don't know the way to go back so I called you because I don't know anyone else. There are many strange names in my phone but I didn’t dare to call as I don’t remember any of them" she told him carefully.

"Gwenchana. You can call me anytime" chuckled G.O as he led her to his head. He felt happy because Victoria asked for his help even though she didn’t remember him.

"G.O ssi?" she called him after a long silence since they got in his car.

"Yes?"

"The teddy bear. It's not mine, isn't it?" she asked curiously.

"It's yours" he claimed certainly as he recalled the time when he won it for her.

"How come?" she mumbled herself but then she reminded that she lost memory at the moment so it's okay "I like it, it's huge"

"You were working hard to win it that day" he suddenly spilled out with a bright smile which caused her eyes widened in surprise.

"Really?" she doubted, raising one of her eyebrows.

"Umm, you're adorable when you told that you wanted that teddy so badly. I didn’t think that an over-twenty-year-old girl could like that childish thing but you did like it" he said with a smile still on his lips.

"Did I win it on my own?" she added.

"Aniyo. You at shooting" he stated coolly.

"Oh, so it's the prize for a shooting game?" she continued asking him in interested and received a confirm nod from him. "I didn’t remember anything like that" she claimed, turning her gaze to the outside causing his heart to tighten all of sudden. "Can you take me there once when you have free time?" asked Victoria turning to him.

"Anytime you want" he agreed giving her a soft smile.

"Promise?" Victoria childishly extended her pinky finger as she wanted to make sure that he would keep his word.

"Promise" claimed G.O entwined their little fingers which made Victoria smile brightly.

^______________________________^

Next morning, when G.O came to Victoria's house early, she hadn’t waken up yet. Not seeing her downstairs, he walked to the bedroom to find her sleeping soundly on the bed. He silently sat down next to her figure then tidied the blanket covering her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter