Chapter 8

Sweet Mistake

Joohyun ran frantically in hospital corridor. She dashed straightaway from office after she received that phone call. She even didn’t remember to grab umbrella. She let the rain soaked her body. She even didn’t care. All she cared about in that moment was Yonghwa.

People looked at her wet body from head to toe weirdly, but she didn’t care. She walked to the receptionist to ask where Yonghwa was.

“Excuse me, where’s the room of Mr. Jung Yonghwa? I received the call just now that he got a car accident.” Said Joohyun.

“Wait for a minute, Miss.” Said the receptionist.

Joohyun tapped her feet impatiently while waiting the receptionist search the data in the computer.

“Mr. Jung Yonghwa is in ER department Room A28. Just take the straight way from the corridor and then turn to the left.”

“Thank you!” Joohyun said.

She dashed from her spot and literally ran to the room that the receptionist said. She prayed and prayed that Yonghwa would be alright. She couldn’t put away the thought that his accident was her fault. She saw him so furious when he went away from the office. Maybe he was mad and became emotional then he couldn’t control himself when he drive and this horrible thing happen.

Tears didn’t stop streaming from her eyes. If something worst happen to Yonghwa, she was sure that she would condemn herself for the rest of her life. She wouldn’t forgive herself and would life in regret for making Yonghwa like this.

Finally, Joohyun reached the room A28. The room was closed. The neon light above the room indicating that the operation was on process. There was a police in front of the room as Joohyun walked closer to the door.

“Sir… what happen?” Joohyun whispered.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Who are you, Miss?” Asked the police.

“I’m Mr. Jung’s secretary. I was the one who pick up the phone.” Her voice was trembling, “Wha-what happen to him?”

“Ah, right.” The police nodded, “We find Mr. Jung Yonghwa’s car hit the electricity pole. We suspect the accident because of the hard rain and the slippery road. Seems that Mr. Jung drive the car in a high speed, so he lost control of his car. We rush him to the ER. We check on his identity and find his business card. Glad that you are still in office and pick up our phone.”

Joohyun nodded. She was still trembling and tears still dropped on her cheek. “Will he.. will he be okay? Is he still alive?”

The police sighed, “We find him in a terrible condition. The car crashed so bad, he lost a lot of blood and unconscious. For further information you can ask the doctor.”

“Oh my God.” Joohyun gasped.

“I know this is a huge grief for you and the company. We send our condolence for Mr. Jung.”

“Yes. Thank you. Thank you very much for the help. Glad that you find him and immediately send him to the hospital.”

“That’s our responsibility to help the citizen, Miss.” Said the police. “So, I leave this to you from now on.”

“Yes.” Joohyun bowed, “Thank you very much.”

The police bowed then left Joohyun. She turned again to the closed door in front of her. Inside, Yonghwa was struggling for his life. She could only pray that he would survive and stay alive.

The clock seems ticked slower than usual. Joohyun felt that the operation took a really long time. She started to feel anxious. What happen inside? This feeling was really killing her. She was so helpless. She couldn’t do anything beside waiting.

After a long time which was like eternity, finally the door was opened. One of the doctor assistant rushed out and looked around. Joohyun immediately ran to him.

“How is it? Does Mr. Jung alright?” Asked Joohyun in panic.

“Are you Mr. Jung Yonghwa’s family?” Asked the doctor.

Joohyun shook her head, “No. I’m his secretary.” Joohyun finally realized that she hadn’t contact Yonghwa’s family. She was too panic to remember that.

“Oh my God.” The doctor gasped.

“Wha-what happen? I can contact his family now.” Said Joohyun. Somehow she felt something bad was happening right now.

“Mr. Jung Yonghwa lost a lot of blood. He need to be transfused. We need it quick, our blood bank didn’t suffice his condition.”

“I- I can transfuse my blood for him.” Said Joohyun. She remember that they ever talk about their blood type. They both have A blood type.

“You have the same blood type with him?” Asked the doctor.

“Yes. We both have A blood type.”

“Good. Now follow me.”

Joohyun followed the doctor in fast pace. The doctor guide her to one of the room and asked her to laid in the bed. The doctor checked on her blood pressure and her heart beat rate. Then he took the device to take her blood.

“It will take a while.” Said the doctor while he pricked the needle on Joohyun’s arm. “Clench your fist.” He ordered.

Joohyun do what the doctor said. Slowly her blood was pumped into the blood flask.

She looked at her blood. She thought if her blood could safe Yonghwa’s life, she would be happy. This was the least she could do for him. This was the little thing that she could do to keep him alive.

The doctor pulled the needle and stuck the band aid on her arm, then he retrieved the flask.

“Just stay here for a while. You might be dizzy in a minute.” Said the doctor.

“Yes, thanks. And please, safe him.” Joohyun said.

“We’ll try our best. I ask you one more favor, please help us to contact his family.”

“Yes, I will.”

The doctor nodded and left her alone.

Joohyun laid for a while. She looked blankly at the ceiling and started to cry. At first it just a drop after drop of her tears, but she began to sob hard.

“Oppa.. Oppa… please forgive me.” She whispered. She covered her face with his palm and sob harder, “I do the biggest sin to you. I almost kill you, Oh God… please don’t take him away from me. No. please….”

She didn’t know how long she curled on the bed and cried her heart out. She finally could control herself and could stop her cry. She got up and took a very deep breath. She had one thing to do, contact Yonghwa’s mother and also… Bora. Thinking of that woman made her hurt even more. But what could she do? Bora had the full right to know her husband’s condition.

Joohyun took her phone and dialed Yonghwa’s mother number. She waited for a while before the call was answered.

“Yeoboseyo, Samonim. This is Seo Joohyun, Mr. Jung Yonghwa’s secretary.”

“Yes, Joohyun ssi? What happen? Why you call me this late night?” Asked Yonghwa’s mother, Kim Pil ok.

“Samonim, Mr. Jung….” She couldn’t control her tears. Finally she sobbed, “Mr. Jung had a car accident.”

“What?! Yonghwa have a- a car accident? No… It couldn’t be…” Mrs. Kim gasped.

“Ne… Please come to Seoul National Hospital. ER Department room A28.”

“Ye-yes… I’ll be quick.”

“Be careful on your way, Samonim.”

 

***

 

Joohyun bent her head low on her seat. She kept praying that doctor could safe Yonghwa. In the stillness of hospital corridor, she heard foot steps sound running towards her direction. She looked up and found Yonghwa’s mother and the older man who was Joohyun knew was Yonghwa’s grandfather.

Joohyun stood up to greet them, “Samonim, Hwejangnim.” She bowed.

“Oh, Joohyun ssi, right?” Asked Mrs. Kim.

“Ne, Samonim. Mr. Jung now still in operation room. Please sit over here.” Joohyun pointed to the bench on the side of the corridor.

“How’s his condition?” Asked Yonghwa’s grandfather, Jung Yongjoon.

Joohyun sighed. It was hard for her to recall his bad condition again, but she finally told Jung Hwejangnim. “The police found him in a terrible condition. The car crashed so bad. Mr. Jung lost a lot of blood. But for now, I don’t know how his condition, since the operation still on process.”

“Oh my God.” Jung Hwejangnim gasped.

Joohyun just bit her lips. She couldn’t talk anymore. If she did, maybe she would brake into tears. It would be weird if she cried in front of Yonghwa’s family. Why an ordinary secretary cried so hard over her boss? That would be a big question.

“Where’s Bora?” Asked Jung Hwejangnim.

Joohyun gasped. She forgot to contact Bora. “I’m sorry, Hwejangnim. I haven’t called her. I’ll call her right now.”

“No need.” Said Mrs. Kim. “I’ve already called her but she didn’t answer.” Her expression turned sour.

“Oh…” Joohyun simply answered.

“Why she didn’t answer? This is her husband who get car accident! She must be here!” Said Jung Hwejangnim.

“I’ll call her now, Hwejangnim.” Said Joohyun.

She bowed and went further from them and called Bora. She waited and waited but no one answered. Maybe that spoiled princess didn’t want her beauty sleep got disturbed. Joohyun called her again and again but the result was still the same. No answer.

“That !” She muttered.

Joohyun back again to Mrs. Kim and Jung Hwejangnim.

“Bora ssi doesn’t answer the call.” She said.

Mrs. Kim sighed, “That woman. I really don’t understand her.”

Suddenly the operation door opened. They instantly turned their head towards the door. The doctor went out and opened his face mask. He was Doctor Kang Minhyuk, Yonghwa’s personal doctor.

“Doctor Kang! How is him? How’s my son??” Mrs. Kim asked him frantically.

“Gladly the operation is success, but Yonghwa ssi still in unstable condition. He need a full one month bed rest or even more. We will keep monitoring his development. He broke his left leg and a lot of glass pieces wound his face and his chest. So it need a lot of time for him to recover.” Minhyuk explained.

“Oh no, Yonghwa-yah…” Mrs. Kim went weak. Joohyun swiftly caught her so she didn’t fall to the floor.

“Can we visit him?” Asked Jung Hwejangnim.

“You can visit him after we move Yonghwa ssi to his room.” Minhyuk answered.

“Okay. Thank you so much, Doctor Kang.” Said Jung Hwejangnim.

Minhyuk smiled then left them.

“Joohyun ssi, you can go home now. It’s dawn already. You must be tired.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“Aniyo, Samonim. I want to see Mr. Jung first.” Said Joohyun.

“Oh, what a kind of you.” Said Mrs. Kim.

Oh, if she only knew what happen between Joohyun and his son. If she only knew what special yet forbidden relationship that they had. Of course Joohyun wouldn’t go home. She would stay by his side all day and night long if she could.

The operation room opened once again. Nurses pushed the rolling bed. Joohyun’s heart tore apart when she saw Yonghwa lying there. He was unconscious. His half of face and his chest was covered by bandage. His left leg also covered with plaster cast.

Mrs. Kim and Jung Hwejangnim followed the nurse to the Yonghwa’s room, while Joohyun just stayed on her spot. She leaned on the wall and she let her tears escaped her eyes. God, she felt so weak. Looking at Yonghwa like that really hurt her. She slumped on the floor and sobbed so hard. She cried until she felt she couldn’t breath anymore. She just sat there until her tears dried. She composed herself then caught up Mrs. Kim and Jung Hwejangnim to Yonghwa’s room.

Joohyun opened Yonghwa’s room door and watched Mrs. Kim cried beside Yonghwa. Jung Hwejangnim just stood there. Sadness was clearly seen in his tired eyes. She felt out of place. It was the right thing that Yonghwa was surrounded by his family. What she was doing there? She felt that she didn’t deserve being there. Moreover, she felt she was the cause of Yonghwa’s car accident.

Mrs. Kim Looked at Joohyun’s direction. She smiled and motioned her to come closer, “Come here. You said that you want to see Yonghwa.”

Joohyun nodded and walked towards them. As she looked at Yonghwa closer, she though she could cry again. She covered to muffle her sob.

Mrs. Kim patted Joohyun’s hands. Even though she felt hurt seeing her son being like this, she tried to calm Joohyun too. She really appreciate how loyal Yonghwa’s secretary was. She still didn’t aware the longing and the loving gaze that Joohyun gave to Yonghwa.

“Oh my God.” Joohyun whispered. She really want to touch him. She really wanted to hold his hand, she really wanted to kiss his face, but she couldn’t. Not now. Not in front of Yonghwa’s family.

“Yonghwa… uri Yonghwa…” Mrs. Kim whispered.

“I’m sure that he will get well soon. I know him. He is a strong willed person. He will survive.” Said Joohyun.

“Ne.” Mrs. Kim dried her tears. “Thank you, Joohyun ssi.” She said. “By the way, Joohyun ssi, you can go home now.”

Joohyun fidgeting on her spot, “Uhm, can I stay longer, Samonim?”

Mrs. Kim tilted her head but she only smiled, “Yes, of course.”

“Pil ok-ah, I think I want to go home first. My old body seems need rest.” Said Jung Hwejangnim.

“Ah, ne, Abeonim. I’ll walk you to the lobby then. I’ll call our driver to drive the car to the front gate.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“Okay.” Answered Jung Hwejangnim.

“Ah, Joohyun ssi. Can you stay here while I accompany Abeonim?” Asked Mrs. Kim.

“Ne, of course I can.” Joohyun bowed.

“Thanks.” Said Mrs. Kim.

Joohyun was left alone in the room. She scooted closer to Yonghwa and finally she touched his hand. She brought her hand to his cheek and it lovingly. She leaned on him to kiss him as gentle as she could so that she didn’t hurt him.

“Yonghwa oppa…” She whispered. “I’m sorry, I really am. I promise I’ll never leave you. If this the price that I have to pay, I can’t stand it. I can’t stand see you like this. I won’t leave you oppa. I take my statement that we’re broke up. I’ll be with you, no matter what happen. I’m willing to be your mistress. I’m willing to only have you incompletely. I’m willing to face the fear of getting caught up. As long as you are alive healthily. As long as we are happy. I’m fine with it. So please… please wake up. Wake up and get well soon. I can’t live without you, Oppa. Please….”

She knew that Yonghwa couldn’t hear her. He was still unconscious and would wake up only God knew when. But that was her promise, she wouldn’t leave him. Because the fear of losing him was bigger than the fear of being caught.

Finally, Mrs. Kim came back. Joohyun looked up and smiled at her.

“Samonim, I’ll go home now. I must prepare for work.” Joohyun said.

“Oh, ne. Thank you for everything, Joohyun ssi.”

“It’s nothing, Samonim.” Said Joohyun, “Uhm… Samonim, can I visit Mr. Jung again after office hour?”

“Of course you can, Joohyun ssi! Just come here anytime.”

“Thank you very much, Samonim.” Joohyun bowed so low to Mrs. Kim. She was really grateful that Mrs. Kim allowed her to visit Yonghwa as often as she wanted. “I’ll go now, Samonim.”

 

***

 

Joohyun’s planned really turned 180 degree. At first, after she broke up with Yonghwa, she would send her resignation letter. She would find a knew job and would live away from Yonghwa. But now, she couldn’t do that. She didn’t want to leave Yonghwa anymore. She wouldn’t resign from Jung Corp.

She sat on her desk and looked at Yonghwa’s office door. At this hour, they usually have a breakfast together. They would eat and chat happily about random things. They flirted with each other and ended up making out on the sofa. They would spend thirty minutes having their passionate encounter until Joohyun remind him that was the time for them to work.

Joohyun walked to Yonghwa’s office and opened the door. All she could found was an empty room without its owner. She sighed and she was nearly crying again.

“Joohyun ssi.”

Someone called her and made her startled. She turned around and found Jung Hwejangnim stood in front of her.

“Oh, anyeong haseyo, Hwejangnim.” Joohyun bowed.

“There’s something I want to talk to you.” He said.

“Oh, alright.” Joohyun nodded.

Jung Hwejangnim entered Yonghwa’s office. Joohyun followed him behind.

“Close the door, please.” Said Jung Hwejangnim.

Joohyun closed the door then stood in front of Yonghwa’s desk where Jung Hwejangnim already sat on the seat. Joohyun just stood there, waiting for Jung Hwejangnim to begin.

“You clearly know how Yonghwa’s condition is.” He begin.

“Yes.” Joohyun nodded.

“I want his condition be confidential. Don’t let other employees and media know this. I trust you that you won’t tell this to anyone, but some things could happen.”

“I promise I won’t tell this to anyone and I’ll try to inform the police and the hospital so that they don’t give any information regarding Mr. Jung’s condition”

“Good.” Jung Hwejangnim nodded, “But I know, sooner or later media will know. That scary people, I don’t know how they can snoop on other’s business. But for now, I want keep this silent. I’m afraid that this issue will make an unstable condition in Jung Corp and also affect our shares stock value.”

“I understand.”

“I heard that Yonghwa is handling factory project in Busan.”

“Yes, Hwejangnim.”

“I’ll take over that project and I’ll take the CEO responsibility while he was being hospitalized, and you must assist me.”

“Yes, Hwejangnim.” Joohyun nodded, “I’ll compile all the Busan project report for you.”

“Ok. Do it now.” Said Jung hwejangnim.

Joohyun bowed before she left the room and began to work.

 

***

 

Finally the day ended. All day long she assisted Jung Hwejangnim about Busan Project. Including introduced him to Lawyer Lee Jungshin, because Jungshin was the one who manage the legal matter regarding the Busan Project.

Jungshin confused at first when he met Jung Hwejangnim instead of Yonghwa. Jung Hwejangnim just said that Yonghwa had to do something so he was the one who would take over the project. Jungshin just shrugged it off and just continued his work.

After Joohyun packed her things, she straightaway went to hospital. She really wanted to see Yonghwa again. She hope that Yonghwa gave a good development. When she reached Yonghwa’s room, she found Mrs. Kim and Jung Hwejangnim was there.

“Anyeong haseyo, Samonim, Hwejangnim.” Joohyun bowed.

“Oh, you’ve come.” Mrs. Kim smiled warmly at Joohyun.

“Oh, I don’t know you will come here too. If I know, we can go together from the office.” Said Jung Hwejangnim.

“Ah, thank you, Hwejangnim.” Joohyun smiled. “Anyway, how’s Mr. Jung?”

Mrs. Kim just smiled faintly then she Yonghwa’s hair, “He is still the same. Still like this.”

Joohyun sighed. She felt sad too. She really wanted to see Yonghwa’s beautiful eyes again. She wanted to see him healthy again.

“I hope he will conscious soon.” Joohyun said.

“Me too, Joohyun ssi.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“This kid, I never imagine that he will be like this. He always full of spirit.” Said Jung Hwejangnim sadly.

Mrs. Kim held Jung Hwejangnim’s hand, tried to calm him. “Yonghwa is always be your favorite grandson, ne?”

“He is my only grandson. How can I not love him so much?” He chuckled.

“Anyway Abeonim, you must be tired. You work all day long.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“Well, age is not lying I think. I’m not as strong as when I’m still in twenties. But glad that there’s Joohyun ssi who help me.” Jung Hwejangnim tapped Joohyun’s shoulder.

“Ah, ne. Thank you. It’s my duty anyway.” Joohyun smiled.

Mrs. Kim smiled, “So just go home, Abeonim and get rest.”

“You too seems so tired, Pil ok-ah… You already stay here since yesterday.” Said Jung Hwejangnim.

“Uhm… I can stay here, so Samonim and Hwejangnim can go home and rest.” Said Joohyun.

“Ne? You don’t have too, Joohyun ssi.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“It’s okay.” Joohyun simply answered. She couldn’t tell them what was the reason behind her action. They didn’t have to know that Joohyun do this because she loved Yonghwa.

Mrs. Kim sighed, “Well, okay then.”

“Or maybe we can make this arrangement. While Samonim accompany Mr. Jung at day, I will accompany Mr. Jung at night after I go home from office. How is it?” Joohyun suggested. She knew that her propose might be impudent, but she tried her luck. She wanted to be with him. She needed to be with him.

“But it will be a burden for you.” Said Mrs. Kim.

Joohyun shook her head, “Not at all, Samonim. Mr. Jung is my boss anyway.” Her boss and also her lover. She could only said that in her mind.

“It must be Bora who do that. Where is she?” Asked Jung Hwejangnim.

“I don’t know, Abeonim. I still can’t contact her.” Answered Mrs. Kim.

“Aigoo.” Jung Hwejangnim sighed.

“Well…” Mrs. Kim faced Joohyun, “If it’s okay for you, I’ll be grateful to accept your help.”

Joohyun smiled, “Arraseoyo, Samonim.”

“Well, we’re going home now?” Asked Mrs. Kim to Jung Hwejangnim.

“Yes.” Answered Jung Hwejangnim.

“We leave this to you, then. Contact me if there’s something happen.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“Yes, Samonim.” Said Joohyun.

“Okay. We’ll go home.”

“Be careful on your way, Samonim, Hwejangnim.” Joohyun bowed.

After Mrs. Kim and Jung Hwejangnim left she turned to Yonghwa. She walked closer and sat on the chair beside the bed. She held his hand and it gently.

“Oppa, it’s me Joohyun. Can you hear me?” Said Joohyun. She didn’t know whether he could listen to her or not, all she wanted to do was talking to him. She was damn miss him so bad. “I’m sorry.” She whispered.

Joohyun couldn’t hold her tears. She sobbed hard in instance and cried her heart out. Seems that all she did these past days when she saw Yonghwa was only crying. She really felt the guilt. She was willing to switch place with him. She thought that it was better if she was the one who laid helplessly on the hospital bed, not him.

“Oppa, will you forgive me? I’m so sorry.” Joohyun leaned on Yonghwa and carefully kissed his forehead. “And I love you so, so much.” 

 

***

 

The next day, Joohyun came to hospital again. She brought all of her necessity so that she could go to office straightaway from the hospital in the morning.

When she reached Yonghwa’s room, she heard a sounds of people talking. The door was a little bit opened so she could saw who was inside the room. That was Mrs. Kim and Bora. Joohyun bit her lips, felt the pang on her heart.

Joohyun decide to not enter the room yet. She leaned on the wall beside the door and listen their conversation.

“Where are you after all this time?” Joohyun heard Mrs. Kim asked Bora.

“I’m quite busy.” Answered Bora.

“What? What’s the thing that you do that make your ill husband become less important?” Mrs. Kim angrily.

“It’s something really important, Eomonim.”

Mrs. Kim sighed, “Whatever. Now that you are here, so you must take care of your husband. You know what? Yesterday Yonghwa’s secretary that stayed here all night!”

“Oh, so just let her stay again tonight. I really can’t stay here all night long, Eomonim!”

“Bora!” Mrs. Kim hissed. She was beyond angry but she held her voice.

Joohyun who listened the conversation became angry too. How could she? How could Bora acted so careless like that? Seems that she really don’t care whether Yonghwa was alive or not. For God sake, she was Yonghwa’s legal wife!

Joohyun decided to enter the room. She knocked the door, pretending that she had just arrived.

“Anyeong haseyo.” Joohyun greeted.

“Oh, you’ve come.” Mrs. Kim smiled at her.

“Oh, anyeong haseyo, Mrs. Jung.” Joohyun greeted Bora too, even though deep down her heart she really wanted to pull Bora’s hair out.

“Now, that she come. I can go home now right?” Asked Bora to Mrs. Kim.

“Bora, how could you?” Mrs. Kim looked so furious. She was almost crying.

Joohyun just stayed silent. No matter how mad she was, she still didn’t have the right to interfere this family business.

“I’ll go home.” Bora gave a simple nod to Mrs. Kim, then she left.

As Bora left the room, Mrs. Kim broke into tears. Joohyun frantically walked closer to Mrs. Kim and held her hands. She didn’t think that was might be inappropriate. She just wanted to calm Mrs. Kim.

“Samonim.” Joohyun whispered.

Unexpectedly, Mrs. Kim  reached Joohyun and hugged her tight. Mrs. Kim sobbed on Joohyun’s shoulder. Joohyun just let her and just rubbed her back gently.

After some times, Mrs. Kim’s sob died down. She released her hugged on Joohyun and wiped her tears.

“I’m sorry.” Mrs. Kim said.

“It’s okay, Samonim.” Joohyun said.

“My husband who decide Bora to become Yonghwa’s wife.” Mrs. Kim spoke out of the blue, “I really want to angry at him but how? He already passed away.” She Yonghwa’s hair gently. “Yonghwa is a good boy. He is so obedient to what his father said. He is a good boy, how come this bad thing happen to him? Oh my poor son.”

Joohyun bit her lips and prevent to cry. She didn’t know what to say to console Mrs. Kim, so she just said, “Yes, he is a good man.”

Mrs. Kim sighed and turned to Joohyun, “Thanks for your help after all this time, Joohyun ssi.”

“It’s nothing, Samonim.” Joohyun smiled. “By the way, how’s Mr. Jung condition?”

“It’s still the same. He is still unconscious.” Said Mrs. Kim sadly.

“Oh…” Joohyun felt so sad. There was no any good development until this day.

“We will keep trying and praying, right?” Said Mrs. Kim.

Joohyun nodded, “Ne. Of course.”

“Okay then, now I’ll leave it to you. Just call me if there’s anything.”

“Yes. Rest well, Samonim.” Joohyun bowed as Mrs. Kim left the room.

Joohyun sat on the chair beside Yonghwa’s bed. She held his hand and kissed it gently.

“Anyeong, Oppa. I come again.” Joohyun said, “How are you? I hope you are getting better. I will be here always. Don’t worry, okay?” She smiled at Yonghwa even though she knew he couldn’t see her. “By the way, Hwejangnim is working hard for Busan project. I’ll help him too. The legal matter is almost done and things will settle soon. He will go to Busan for another deal the day after tomorrow. He let me stay here to take care of you. It make me confuse you know? I want to be with you but I don’t want to let Hwejangnim go alone. Eottohkke?”

Joohyun was blabbering as if Yonghwa could listen to her.

“Your family members are all nice. No wonder you become a great person, Oppa.” Joohyun said, “It makes me guilty too at the same time. I really don’t want to hurt Hwejangnim and Samonim with our relationship. But I already make up my mind. I’ll be with you forever and keep our sweet secret until I die.”

Joohyun leaned on the bed and looked at Yonghwa’s face. She smiled, “Not fair! How could you still look handsome at the time like this?” Joohyun chuckled, “Aish, Jung Yonghwa… really, I love you so much.”

Suddenly, Joohyun felt a faint movement. She blinked and looked at Yonghwa intently.

“Oppa?” She called.

His hand that she held was moving. Joohyun just gaped in awe. His hand grasped the bed sheet weakly. His eyes slowly fluttered opened.

“Oh my God, Yonghwa oppa!” Joohyun gasped.

She immediately pushed the call button. In less than one minute, the nurse come to Yonghwa’s room.

“Can I help you, Miss?” Asked the nurse.

“Mr. Jung is awake!” Said Joohyun.

“Oh, okay. I’ll call Doctor Kang immediately.” Then the nurse left the room.

Doctor Kang Minhyuk came right after with the nurse followed him. Joohyun stood aside to let Minhyuk checked on Yonghwa’s condition. Meanwhile, she contacted Mrs. Kim about Yonghwa’s current condition. Joohyun was contemplating whether she must called Bora. Deep down inside her heart she didn’t want to. But well, Bora had the full right to know about Yonghwa, whether she cared or not. Joohyun called Bora, but as usual no answer.

“How’s his condition, Doctor?” Asked Joohyun after she had done made the phone call.

“Gladly, he make a really good development. After he conscious, his recovery program can be started.” Minhyuk explained to Joohyun. Then he turned to Yonghwa, “Get well soon, Yonghwa ssi. I’ll check on you again in the morning. For now just rest.”

Yonghwa looked at Minhyuk and gave him a faint nod.

“Well, I’ll leave. Just call me if there’s anything.” Said Minhyuk.

“Yes, thank you.” Joohyun bowed.

After Minhyuk and the nurse left the room, Joohyun walked closer to Yonghwa.

“Oppa…” She called.

Yonghwa just looked blankly at Joohyun. He didn’t or maybe couldn’t say anything. Joohyun thought so, but there was something in his eyes. His eyes was rather…..cold.

“Yonghwa-yah!” Mrs. Kim stormed in and immediately approached Yonghwa. Jung Hwejangnim also came. “Son, you’ve awake! Thank God!”

Jung Hwejangnim stood on the other side of the bed and patted Yonghwa’s hand gently.

Joohyun watched the scene and decided to left the room. That was the Jung family time, she felt that she wasn’t supposed to be there. Silently she went out and closed the door behind her.

 

***

 

Last night, Mrs. Kim stayed the night while Jung Hwejangnim went home first. Mrs. Kim always in Yonghwa’s side and Yonghwa mostly just sleep and rest. Joohyun didn’t get a chance to get closer to Yonghwa. Today, Joohyun felt very happy because she would be with Yonghwa alone. There were so many things that Joohyun wanted to tell to Yonghwa.

Joohyun opened the door and found Yonghwa was alone. Mrs. Kim was nowhere to be found. Maybe she already went home. Yonghwa was awake and just stared at the window.

“Anyeong, Oppa…” Joohyun greeted cheerfully.

Yonghwa looked at her flatly and didn’t say anything. That gaze again. The gaze that Yonghwa gave to Joohyun when he woke up for the first time. It sent shivers to her spine. Somehow that gaze felt unpleasant. There was no loving gaze that Yonghwa usually showered her.

“Oppa? Are you okay?”

“Why are you here?” Asked Yonghwa coldly.

It really struck Joohyun so hard, “Pardon me?”

“The last thing I remember, you want to brake up with me and leave me. Why are you still here?”

“Oppa… I’m sorry. Let me explain…”

“Just go home…”

“What?”

“I don’t want to see you again. Go.”

Joohyun froze. Why Yonghwa acted this way? Was it a punishment for her? It hurt. Really hurt. Joohyun remember how furious Yonghwa at that night. Maybe his anger still there. Joohyun bit her lips and held her tears. She must be strong. Her will were already settle. She wanted to be with him. So if he wanted to push her away, she would stuck on him even more.

“No. I don’t want to go anywhere. I want to be here. I want to be with you.” Said Joohyun full of determination.

“You said that you are afraid that we’ll get caught. So what are you waiting for? Just go and everything will go normal again.” Said Yonghwa, still in that icy tone.

“No. I’m not afraid anymore. I’ll keep this secret for the rest of my life. I won’t leave you, no matter how the conditions are.”

“Now that I’m like this. Look, half of my face is wounded. I can’t walk. I can’t work properly. I’m not your usual Mr. Jung anymore.”

“I don’t care! You are still my Mr. Jung, my Yonghwa oppa!” Now Joohyun cried for real. Tears was falling on and on.

“Don’t you think that your tears can make me forgive you that easily, Joohyun-ah…” Said Yonghwa.

Yes, Joohyun knew it. She already hurt him so bad both physically and mentally. She would do anything… anything to make Yonghwa forgave her. “It’s up to you, Oppa. I just leave it all to you. But the most important thing is, I won’t leave you. Remember that.”

A knock cut their intense conversation. That was a hospital staff who sent the dinner for Yonghwa. Joohyun let the ajjuma in and put Yonghwa’s dinner neatly on the bed table in front of Yonghwa.

Joohyun automatically took the spoon and started to feed Yonghwa.

Yonghwa looked coldly at the spoon, then Joohyun, “What are you doing?”

“Feed you the dinner.” Joohyun answered.

“I don’t want to.” Yonghwa looked away.

“You must.” Joohyun insisted.

“I said I don’t want! Don’t you get that?” Yonghwa slapped the spoon from Joohyun’s hand, made it thrown and dirtied the bed and the floor.

Joohyun sighed. She really, really held her emotion. She wasn’t used to get this kind of treatment from Yonghwa. Yonghwa always full of love when it came to her. But now? It was different 180 degree.

Joohyun took tissue on the bedside table and wiped the food from the bed. Then she bent down to the floor and took the spoon and cleaned the floor. Drop by drop of tears escaped her eyes once again. She cleaned the floor while crying so hard. She didn’t care of what Yonghwa would think of her. She couldn’t bottle her feeling anymore. So she cried and cried so hard.

She didn’t know how long she squatted down there while crying. After she calmed herself, she wiped her tears and stood up.

“I’ll go to get a clean spoon.” She said without looking at Yonghwa, then she left.

 

***

 

Day after day was still the same. Yonghwa still gave her a cold treatment. Joohyun kept patient to face Yonghwa. She came everyday no matter how cold Yonghwa treated her. She always accompany him even though they didn’t talk to each other at all. She did all the things not because he was Jung Yonghwa the CEO, it simply because he was Jung Yonghwa the man she loved the most.

Her workload and Yonghwa matter really stressed her out. She lost weight in these past days, but fortunately she wasn’t get sick. Moreover the Busan Project that Jung Hwejangnim took over would be settled soon. So she had to help him more.

That day, Joohyun tried to work in full concentration. Her eyes were fixed on her computer screen. Suddenly the office door opened. Jung Hwejangnim rushed to her desk.

“Joohyun ssi! Bad news!” Said Jung Hwejangnim.

“What is it, Hwejangnim?”

“The news about Yonghwa’s illness is out.” He said.

“What?! But how?” Joohyun started to get panic.

“I don’t even know!” Said Jung Hwejangnim frustratingly. “Now the commissioners call me to discuss and confirm this issue. Sooner or later our business partner will know it too. Maybe they will call here to confirm it.”

“So what should I say, Hwejangnim?”

Jung Hwejangnim thought for a while, “Just said that Yonghwa doesn’t have a serious health issue and will get well soon.”

“Arraseoyo, Hwejangnim.”

“Ne. I’ll go first. You stay here and handle all the phone call.”

“Ne.” Joohyun answered obediently, “Uhm, hwejangnim can I ask something?”

Jung Hwejangnim nodded, “Yes. What is it?”

“What’s the worst possibility for the company regarding this issue?”

Jung Hwejangnim sighed, “Company without its leader won’t be nothing. It give an insecurity for the company itself and also the business partner.”

“But there’s you, Hwejangnim.”

“I’m too old for this and Yonghwa is the current CEO after all.” He said, “This issue can affect the relationship between Jung Corp and its business partner. It can affect Jung Corp share value in stock exchange too.”

Joohyun gasped when she heard that. It was really bad. A flash of thinking crossed in her mind. Was her presence in Yonghwa’s life only make a bad things? She thought of just to go away from here. But no, she was a coward if she ran away. She would here and help Yonghwa and Jung Corp as hard as she could. At least it could redeem her guilt.

Jung Hwejangnim smiled encouragingly and patted Joohyun’s shoulder, “Just let’s fight for this till our last blood drop. I’ll go now.”

Joohyun nodded, “Ne. Be careful on your way, Hwejangnim.”

As Jung Hwejangnim left, the phone began to ring. Joohyun sighed and ready to face whatever it was.

 

***

 

Joohyun arrived in the hospital after a long tired day. She even didn’t want to recall how many call she handled. All of them was questioning about Yonghwa’s condition. She also check on Jung Corp share value. For her horror, it was slowly decreasing.

Jung Hwejangnim already told her to not telling the company condition to Yonghwa. Well, how could she? Even if she wanted to, Yonghwa didn’t want to talk to her.

Mrs. Kim was still there, she was talking with Yonghwa. Joohyun could see Yonghwa smiled faintly at his mother. Oh God! Joohyun really missed that smile. If only Yonghwa could smile like that at Joohyun right now.

“Anyeong haseyo.” Joohyun greeted.

Yonghwa looked up and his smile faded. Mrs. Kim turned to her and welcomed her warmly.

“You’ve come, Joohyun ssi.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“Ne.” Joohyun bowed.

“Well, I go home now.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“Anyway Samonim, tomorrow is Saturday. It’s my day off so you don’t have to come early in the morning. Maybe you want more rest.” Said Joohyun.

“Ah, ne. Thank you, Joohyun ssi.” Said Mrs. Kim then she turned to Yonghwa, “Yonghwa-yah, get well soon, okay?”

“Ne, Eomma. Thanks.” Said Yonghwa.

Mrs. Kim bid her good bye and left. Now, there was just a suffocating silent between Yonghwa and Joohyun. Joohyun looked at Yonghwa and Yonghwa avoided her gaze.

“Yah, Jung Yonghwa!” The silence broke with a voice of a man. Lee Jonghyun stormed in to the room. Jonghyun looked at Joohyun and bowed to her, then he turned his attention to Yonghwa again, “Hey how can I just now about this? What happen to you?”

“Calm down, Lee Jonghyun. Your loud voice just give me a headache.” Said Yonghwa weakly.

“I’m sorry.” Said Jonghyun. “So tell me! I read the news you know! It say that you are hospitalized for some unknown reason.”

“It already spread through the news?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Yes.”

“Oh, I think it’s a bad sign.” Yonghwa already knew the consequence about his news.

“It is, but don’t think about that first. Look at you! You are so terrible! Better you’ll get well soon, so you can handle your company soon.”

“That’s my intention. I don’t want to stay here longer though.”

“That’s my friend!” Said Jonghyun, “If you need help, you know I will.”

“I know it. Thanks.” Yonghwa smiled.

“Well, maybe I can’t be long. I have another appointment.” Said Jonghyun, “Get well soon, Bro!”

“Thanks.” Said Yonghwa.

Jonghyun patted Yonghwa’s hand lightly, bowed to Joohyun then left.

That uncomfortable silent was there again. They still didn’t talk to each other after the hospital staff delivered the dinner.

“Uh, do you want to eat now?” Asked Joohyun nervously.

“Yes.” Yonghwa simply answered.

Joohyun took the spoon but Yonghwa stopped her. She looked at Yonghwa and bit her lips nervously.

“I can do it by myself.” He said.

“Oh, sorry.” Said Joohyun faintly.

“Just go and find yourself dinner.”

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa sadly. Maybe he didn’t want her here, so wordlessly Joohyun left the room.

 

***

 

When Joohyun back to Yonghwa’s room, Yonghwa had already slept. She walked closer and fixed her blanket. She sat on the chair beside his bed. She grabbed his hand and leaned on the bed.

“Oppa, are you angry to me that much?” She whispered, “I know I deserve your punishment, but is it need to be this hard?” Finally Joohyun cried again. She didn’t know since when she became this weak. “But you know what? Even it’s hurt, it’s okay. Because I love you…”

Joohyun closed her eyes tiredly. Today was a long day. She need to rest her mind for a while. As fast as she closed her eyes, she immediately drown to her dreamland.

Meanwhile, Yonghwa opened his eyes. Actually he wasn’t sleeping. He heard all the things that Joohyun said. He heard her cry. He looked at the sleeping Joohyun beside him. Slowly, he lifted his free hand and Joohyun’s hair gently.

“Yes, I’m so angry at you. I’m beyond mad at you because you ask for break up. Am I too childish? But you really make me angry.” Yonghwa kept Joohyun’s hair and his gaze at Joohyun became softer, “But still, it doesn’t change the fact that you are the only woman that can makes me happy. I’m this helpless yet you still here.” Yonghwa finally smiled, “Yes, you. I still love you, Seo Joohyun… and I always will.”

 

***

 

Joohyun woke up in the morning. She could felt her muscle stiff because of her sleeping position. She sat up and stretched her body. She looked at Yonghwa and found him still sleeping soundly.

“Good morning, Oppa.” She said.

Joohyun heard the door was being opened. She thought that was Mrs. Kim. She turned around, but instead of Mrs. Kim she found Bora. When she looked at Bora, anger boiled inside her heart. Where was Bora after all this time?

Even though Joohyun was mad, she kept maintain her politeness. She stood up and bowed to Bora.

“Anyeong haseyo, Mrs. Jung.” She greeted.

“Oh hi.” Said Bora flatly.

“Mr. Jung is still sleeping.”

Bora nodded.

“Seems that you are busy.” Said Joohyun sarcastically.

“Well, yes.” She answered indifferently.

“But Mr. Jung is sick like this! How come your business is more important than your husband?” Joohyun couldn’t hold it anymore. She didn’t care the one that she spat was Yoon Bora.

“What? How rude! Don’t you know with who you are talking to?” Asked Bora arrogantly.

“Yes I know! You are Yoon Bora, Mr. Jung’s wife. How could you be so mean to him? Look at him! She need us to support him and take care of him!”

“So what do you want? Me, slaving around by taking care of him?”

“What?!” Joohyun gasped. Bora said that taking care of Yonghwa was slaving herself?

“Just so you know! I’m marrying him not for become a servant!” Bora spat.

“Mrs. Jung! How could you? He is your husband!” Joohyun was beyond angry. This , really! Joohyun really wanted to slap Bora and pull her hair off of her scalp!

“You naïve little girl. So what do you think? Our marriage is based of love? You are totally wrong. Our marriage is only business deal which make profit for both Jung and Yoon Corp and for me to brag to the society that I have a CEO as a husband. But now this unnecessary things happen and leak to the media. Don’t you know the effect?”

Joohyun just silent. She was too angry to respond Bora’s surprising speech.

“You don’t know?” Asked Bora, “Let me tell you! This means a company instability, share value and profit decrease. Means, Yoon Corp is at stake too!”

“Mrs. Jung… how could you?” Joohyun went speechless.

“And now Yonghwa oppa severe this bad. Who knows that he would recover fully? If not, I’m having disable man as my husband? What people will think of me? I’m Yoon Bora!”

Joohyun snorted. Yoon Bora my ! How could she talk this cruel things? Right in front of Joohyun and even in front of Yonghwa though he was still sleeping.

“You are so mean.” Said Joohyun.

“I’m not mean. I’m realistic.” Said Bora arrogantly.

Joohyun took a deep breath. She tried to calm her nerve.

“Oh, just cut the crap. Just hand this to Yonghwa oppa once she wake up. Make sure he sign it.” Bora handed Joohyun a file-folder.

Joohyun just accepted it wordlessly.

“Okay, then. I just can’t stay here any longer. My worker will take that file again for me. Good bye.” Said Bora.

Joohyun didn’t say anything. She didn’t bow to Bora. For what? All the respect that Joohyun kept for Bora only because Bora was Yonghwa’s wife was all vanished. She felt disgusted to that mean, bratty, useless woman!

Her tears broke. She cried and cried because of anger to Bora and her sadness towards Yonghwa. How could she? Bora threw away Yonghwa like a trash while Joohyun loved Yonghwa with all of her heart.

“That ! Evil !” Joohyun spat.

Joohyun calmed herself and dried her tears. It made her really, really tired. She threw the file-folder to the bedside table then she slumped on the chair beside Yonghwa’s bed then held Yonghwa’s hand.

“You know what, Oppa? This makes me want to stay with you forever. I’ll make you happy. If you refuse me, I’ll come back to you again and again.”

Yonghwa still sleeping. She didn’t heard Joohyun and also he still clueless about Joohyun’s and Bora encounter.

“Just rest well, okay? Get well soon. I’ll through this with you.” Joohyun kissed Yonghwa’s hand and put it on the bed again.

Joohyun took a glance at the file-folder on the table. She took it and observed that thin grey file-folder. She was curious and also mad at the same time.

“In this kind of situation, that still manage a business deal with Yonghwa oppa.” Joohyun muttered. “What the heck is it anyway?”

Joohyun flipped the file-folder opened. She was shocked once she opened it. Her eyes widen. gaped. She never expected this.

“Divorce letter?”

 

To be continued~

 


 

Hi! finally i can write and post this chap.

i don't really understand about business and company matter. i only use my imagination. too lazy to make a research about this. what a bad author. 

maybe next chap is the last chap.

okay, then. see you around.