Chapter 2

Sweet Mistake

“Good morning, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun greeted Yonghwa as usual.

“Good morning, Joohyun ssi.” Yonghwa replied her with a smile.

As Yonghwa entered his office, he saw a cup of herbal tea and vegetable sandwich with wheat bread. He smiled then sipped his tea.

“It will be good if I have a wife like this.” He unconsciously blurted his mind out.

After he said that, Joohyun entered his office. She would remind him his schedule as usual. Yonghwa looked at Joohyun a little bit longer, it made Joohyun nervous. Joohyun cleared and mentioned all of his schedule for that day.

Yonghwa simply nodded after she finished reading all his schedule. “Thanks, Joohyun ssi. You may go.”

Joohyun bowed then walked to the door.

“Ah, by the way, Joohyun ssi.” Yonghwa called.

“Yes, Mr. Jung?”

“My wife want to hold a party, can you help her to prepare it?”

Joohyun sighed. She never wanted to interact with his wife, actually. But since it was his order, she couldn’t refuse.

“Arasseoyo, Mr. Jung.”

“Okay. I’ll ask her to come here and discuss it with you.”

“Yes, Mr. Jung.” Said Joohyun obediently.

 

***

 

Joohyun already expected this. The beautiful Mrs. Jung came so late from the actual appointment. Yonghwa said that Bora would come at 5 pm, but it was already 8 pm but Bora hadn’t come yet. Great! Just great! Didn’t she think that people need to go home and rest too? Geez! Her spoiled manner was too much for Joohyun.

Yonghwa still in his office, of course. This was his wife who would come, so he also waited for her. Joohyun cursed inside her heart. This Yoon Bora indeed beautiful and lady like, but she had no heart and brain. The more clock ticking, the more Joohyun cursed this Mrs. Jung in her head.

Joohyun was really tired and sleepy. She took a glance at her boss’ office, it still closed. Well, she could take a nap without her boss knowing. So she laid her head on her desk and closed her tired eyes. Ah, what a day!

“Joohyun ssi?”

“Ne!” Joohyun startled and got up so fast, made her head dizzy.

“Joohyun ssi, are you alright?” Asked Yonghwa.

She gasped! Damn! Her boss caught her sleeping, “I’m sorry Mr. Jung.”

“Better not sleeping while you’re working. You are being paid even though this already past office hour.” Said Yonghwa.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Jung. It won’t happen again.” Said Joohyun embarrassedly.

“But this is also my fault. If Bora come on time, maybe you can finish your work faster.” Said Yonghwa, “So it’s okay if you’re sleeping now, but not the other day. You get it?”

“Yes, Mr. Jung.”

Joohyun mocked Bora inside. See?? How lucky could she get? His husband really defend her so much and even taking blame on himself over her own fault. Lucky !!

“I’ll try to call her again.” Yongwa said.

Joohyun just nodded.

After an hour more of awaiting finally the queen came. She was all smiling as if she didn’t commit sin at all. Hell! She already wasted Joohyun’s time!

“Hi!” She greeted cheerfully.

“Bora, you are late. You know that!” Said Yonghwa.

“Is it?” She pouted cutely.

In the name of God! Joohyun really wanted to slap this woman so hard! She acted cute?? How could it pay the wasted four hours? Good Lord, please widen Joohyun’s patience.

“Yes.” Yonghwa said sternly.

“Oppa~” She whined.

Joohyun cringed inside.

“Just make it faster and discuss the party with Joohyun. I don’t want overworked my secretary and accused as the human exploiter.”

Bora snorted, “Why so rude, Oppa?”

“Palli, jigeum!” Yonghwa warned.

“Arraseo!” Bora pouted. Then she turned to Joohyun, “Ah.. you are Oppa’s secretary, right?”

“Yes, Mrs. Jung. Seo Joohyun imnida.” Joohyun bowed.

“Well, about the party… I want gorgeous and elegant party that people can’t forget.”

Joohyun took her agenda and wrote it down, “Any other specific detail?”

“No. Just that. I’ll count on you, so please arrange it well.” Bora smiled so widely as if she already solved the biggest problem in history.

God. Damn. . Holy . It. LIKE SERIOUSLY?? This made Joohyun and Yonghwa waited for damn four hours only to inform this useless information?? Joohyun really wanted to scream her lungs out!!

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Joohyun tried to calm the storm that raging in her heart.

“Ah, I’m sorry, Mrs. Jung, but can you give me specific concept?” Joohyun asked carefully. Nope. She acted careful not for Bora, but for herself. She was afraid her anger would erupt.

“Ah, my head hurts if I’m thinking too much. Oppa said that you are so good, so I’ll hand everything to you.” Bora answered.

Joohyun sighed. She really didn’t want to look at Bora or even Yonghwa.

On the other side, Yonghwa looked at Joohyun concernedly. He didn’t really join the discussion and just drank tea not far from Bora and Joohyun’s seat. But he heard all of it.

“Bora-yah, at least give Joohyun ssi the details! I’ve told you before to make the proposal.” Said Yonghwa.

“Proposal? Like making lots and lots of paper? Eeww! That’s not my thing!” Bora whined.

Yonghwa pinched his bridge of his nose, “You just trouble her if you’re like this!”

“But she is paid to work! She work for you so it means she work for me too!”

“But you can’t do it as you wish like that! She is my secretary, not your servant!”

“Why are you like this?” Bora almost screamed.

“And why are you like this? You never change!” Yonghwa snapped.

Joohyun was mad but now she was confused. She was in the middle of married couple quarrel. She just couldn’t bear it. She just want to make this end soon, go home and sleep.

“It’s okay!” Said Joohyun.

Both Bora and Yonghwa looked at Joohyun.

“I said it’s fine. I’ll arrange the party, everything is clear.” Joohyun muttered under her breath.

“Nice!” Bora clasped her hands. “See?” She looked at Yonghwa proudly.

“But Joohyun ssi, you…” Yonghwa tried to argue.

“It’s fine, Mr. Jung.”

Yonghwa looked at Joohyun longer then he sighed, “Fine.”

“Yeay! Let’s go home, Oppa! I have to prepare my trip to Milan.” Said Bora.

“Milan? What for?” Asked Yonghwa.

“There’s fashion show there! I must come and buy something.”

“Bora, please. Can’t you just low down?”

“What are you talking about? I am Yoon Bora! Socialite lady. I live for this.”

Joohyun just snorted bitterly inside. She lived for that she said. Bora only live for spending her parents money in ridiculous amount and for ridiculous purpose. Joohyun really couldn’t get that kind of lifestyle.

Yonghwa just rolled his eyes at his wife. He didn’t talk anymore and just said, “Let’s go home.”

Bora cheerfully followed Yonghwa behind him.

“Ah! Joohyun ssi, there’s driver who’s waiting for you in the basement. He will drive you home.” Said Yonghwa before he left.

“Thank you very much, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bowed.

“It’s nothing. Just be careful. Good night.” Yonghwa bid his farewell.

Joohyun just looked blankly at the back figure of Yonghwa and Bora. Geez, how was feels like when she became Bora? She might be happy having Yonghwa as her husband. She was sure that she would shopping a lot. But she didn’t think she would spend the money recklessly. And also, she would take care of Yonghwa well, not giving him a lot of headache.

Joohyun finally freed her imagination, then she spoke her mind out.

“I wish I can be his too. I wish I can be Jung Yonghwa’s wife.” She said.

 

***

 

Joohyun’s main job was arranged all of Yonghwa’s schedule on track and every little thing regarding administration matter and all. She already busy and exhausted but she still had to managed Yoon Bora’s party. Joohyun had no time for that until lunch time, so she used her break time to browse location for Bora’s party.

Yonghwa’s office door was opened. Joohyun stood straightaway and bowed at him.

“Mr. Jung, the driver already wait in front of the building to drive you to Crystal Jade Restaurant.” Joohyun said.

Yonghwa had an appointment with Lee Jonghyun, the owner of Lee Corp. Lee Jonghyun was his old friend and they were in the middle of new business project plan. So Yonghwa met Jonghyun very often in these past days. They usually discussed in lunch time since they both very busy person.

“Thanks.” Yonghwa smiled at her.

“Have a nice lunch, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun said.

“You too.” Yonghwa patted her shoulder.

Joohyun went stiff and her heart beats so fast. This was the second times Yonghwa patted her shoulder and the sensation even more thrilling. She loved that, of course. That was the only possible skinship that Yonghwa could give her.

“Thank you, Mr. Jung. Be careful on your way.”

Joohyun gulped a big amount of air. She fanned herself because suddenly she felt so hot!

“Oh my God, Joohyun! What are you thinking?” She shook her head.

Joohyun back to her computer and browsed all hotel and any possible place that suit for Bora’s taste. Well, not that she knew what taste that Bora like, she just used her imagination. For a socialite like Yoon Bora with a CEO as her husband, she must picked the most luxurious place in town. Money wouldn’t be a problem though.

She picked The Shilla Hotel as the venue. She was captivated with the decoration of the ball room. It was dominated in white and a Victorian style. There were a beautiful crystal chandelier on top and an elegant furniture. Well, it might be suitable.

She dialed The Shilla Hotel’s number to make a reservation. Bora wanted the party on this weekend. She must got the reservation at that date no matter what. Fortunately, she could book the ballroom and she made appointment tonight to see the actual venue.

Joohyun thought again what else that she need. She listed on her agenda what detail she wanted to ask to the hotel staff. Food, ballroom capacity, decoration. Hmm, she thought that added some flowers would be good and also classical live music! So everybody could dance on the dance floor. That was quite unique. These rich stiff people must loose their muscle too.

She browse again about kinds of flower that might be suitable for the event. White lilies and roses seems elegant. She could ask more to the florist latter. For the classic live music she would contact Philharmonic Orchestra.

Joohyun was too engrossed with her research that she didn’t realize that her break time was over. She whined. She hadn’t had her lunch. Maybe she could sneak out while Yonghwa away to grab some sandwich. But when she stood up, the elevator dinged and Yonghwa went out from the elevator. Andwae! She couldn’t leave if Yonghwa already came.

“Anyeong haseyo, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bowed at Yonghwa.

“Anyeong haseyo, Joohyun ssi.” Yonghwa answered her and entered his office.

Joohyun sighed. Well, she would have lunch and dinner later after her work done.

 

***

 

Joohyun finished her work at 6 pm. She tried to finish her job faster because she had to meet The Shilla Hotel manager. She was packing her things then Yonghwa went out from his office. His suitcase in his hand, ready to go home.

“Ah, sugohasyeosseumnida. Be careful on your way.” Joohyun bowed to Yonghwa.

“You won’t go home too? Let’s walk down stair together.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ne. But I have to go to The Shilla to check the venue for Bora ssi’s party.”

“Oh…” Yonghwa stared at her, “I’ll take you there, then.”

“Neee??” She gasped. “But you don’t have to.”

“It’s my responsibility too. It’s my fault for involving you in Bora’s party. I’m really sorry.”

“It’s okay, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun shook her head.

“I insist.” Said Yonghwa.

Her boss already told her so, she couldn’t refuse though. Moreover, it means that she could spend more time with Yonghwa. Even it only professional matter, but Joohyun admit she really like being around her boss.

 

It already surprising that Yonghwa said that he wanted to drive her to The Shilla. But there were more things that made her surprised, Yonghwa used his own car and Yonghwa drove it himself. Okay, that was awkward. Joohyun pleaded that Yonghwa let her to drive instead but he declined it.

“I never give my car to other person, I always drive it by myself.” Said Yonghwa.

“I’m sorry.” Joohyun said, “It’s not my intention to be rude, but it feels so wrong if I just seat in passenger seat.”

Yonghwa just chuckled, “Maybe I let you drive me back then, but I feel like less manly if woman drive me. And like I said before, I always drive my car by myself.”

“But…”

“No but, okay? Now get in.”

Joohyun got in into passenger seat obediently. She used her seatbelt and sat stiffly beside Yonghwa.

Being this close with Yonghwa inside the car, made her could smell his scent stronger. Not that she didn’t smell his scent when he passed or inside his office, but in his car? This was way more intense. It felt like him all over her. Oh darn it! Joohyun felt she was getting more and more obsessed with her boss. She shouldn’t do that.

“To The Shilla?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Ne.” Joohyun answered nervously.

Yonghwa started the engine and drove by. The trip was dominated by silence. Joohyun never dare to start the conversation. Yonghwa just concentrated on the road in front of him.

“What else you’ll do for the party?” Asked Yonghwa all of sudden.

“Tomorrow I’ll go to the florist and decorator, then Philharmonic Orchestra, and of course I’ll coordinate often with The Shilla, ah! I’ll have to make invitation too.”

“I’ll come with you.” Said Yonghwa casually.

“Ne??” Joohyun gasped, “You don’t have to. Drive me today is more than enough.”

“No. I make you to do all of this, at least let me accompany you to lessen my guilt.” Yonghwa took a glance at Joohyun and smiled at her.

“Mr. Jung…” Joohyun frowned.

“Okay?”

Joohyun sighed, “Okay, fine.” She never thought it would turn like this. This was really a twist, a wonderful twist. She felt excited yet afraid.

 

Yonghwa was stunned when she looked at the ballroom. That room without any decoration had already screamed a high class luxury. Indeed, his secretary always do everything right.

He was walking around the ballroom while Joohyun talked to the manager of the hotel. He leaned on the wall and watched Joohyun. She was all talking seriously with the manager. She nodded while listening the manager explanation. Joohyun smiled softly as she wrapped her arm in front of her chest. Yonghwa smiled unknowingly. He never really scrutinized his secretary like this and he thought that Joohyun was beautiful.

“Thank you, Bujangnim.” Joohyun bowed and shook hands with the manager.

Yonghwa walked towards them and nodded at the manager.

“Mr. Jung!” The manager shook Yonghwa’s hand. Well, who didn’t know the famous CEO Jung Yonghwa?

“I’ll expect the good work here.” Said Yonghwa.

“No problem.” Said the manager, “Joohyun ssi said it’s for Mrs. Jung’s party. How kind of you to prepare it by yourself.”

Yonghwa just smiled, “I just want to help.”

The manager nodded then turned to Joohyun, “You can come here tomorrow to taste and pick the food for buffet.”

“Ne, Bujangnim.” Said Joohyun.

They greeted each other and said good bye to the manager. Joohyun and Yonghwa walked to the basement. Yonghwa got in to the car but Joohyun just stood there.

Yonghwa opened the window, “Hey, why you just stand there?”

“I’ll wait you until you drive, Mr. Jung.”

“What do you mean? Get in. I’ll drive you home.”

Joohyun widen her eyes in shock. How many shock therapy that Yonghwa gave her tonight?? Her heart really couldn’t bear it.

“It’s okay, Mr. Jung. I can go home by myself.”

“It’s late, just get in.”

Joohyun bit her lips then finally opened the passenger’s door. She sat and looked at Yonghwa who busy buckled his seat belt.

“Mr. Jung, really thank you. You shouldn’t troubled yourself like this.”

“I’m not.” Yonghwa shrugged his shoulder.

Joohyun didn’t reply him. She was too tired. Even though she really wanted to thank him so much and showed him how she felt uncomfortable for dragging him in this party preparation, she had no energy left. Moreover, Joohyun hadn’t had her lunch and dinner.

In the silence, suddenly Joohyun’s stomach grumbled. Joohyun gasped and touched her stomach. Oh my God! If there were a hole in this car, she really wanted to get inside and hide for the rest of her life! For God sake! Her stomach grumbled in front of her own boss.

“I’m sorry.” Said Joohyun embarrassedly.

Yonghwa just chuckled, “Are you that hungry?”

“Actually, yes… I haven’t eaten since noon.”

“What? Yah.. why are you like this? You should eat even you are busy.”

“I’m sorry, Mr. Jung.”

“Hey, why you say sorry? I’m just worried.” Said Yonghwa, “Let’s have dinner before we go home.”

Joohyun gasped. If she had a heart disease, she might be dead by now! Hell! Jung Yonghwa was full of surprise tonight.

“I won’t take no as an answer, arraseo?” Said Yonghwa.

“A-arraseo.” Said Joohyun.

 

They ate at the fancy Italian restaurant. Joohyun just looked around in awe, she just imagined how she could pay the food? What would she eat there? Because from the appearance of the restaurant, she was sure that the food’s price was all expensive.

“Just order, I’ll pay.” Said Yonghwa.

“Mr. Jung…” She pouted. She looked so troubled at Yonghwa’s attics.

Yonghwa just smiled. He found that pouting Joohyun was really cute. Her lips was so pink and plump, he really wanted to run his finger on it. Was it soft as it looks? Yonghwa smirked and shook his head. His thought was so inappropriate, better she brushed it off.

“I’m serious.” Said Yonghwa again. “It’s normal for boss pay for his employee’s food. Moreover, you already help me a lot even in this short of time since you start working with me.”

Joohyun felt that she was too tired to argue. All she wanted to do was eating. So Joohyun nodded and said, “Thank you very much.”

They ate the special course that the restaurant had. Start from the appetizer, main course and sweet dessert. Joohyun was more than happy devouring all the food in front of her. Darn! She was dead starving!

Yonghwa just looked at Joohyun in amusement. He thought that she was really cute like this. He always saw the composed, calm and organized side of her. So looked at her like that was a new thing. She could be looked like a child too.

Joohyun could feel Yonghwa’s piercing gaze on her. She stopped eating and looked up to meet his mesmerizing eyes. “Mr. Jung?” She asked.

“You eat so good. Eat more.” He smiled.

Joohyun wiped with napkin shyly, “I’m sorry. If I eat I can be this messy.”

“It’s okay. That’s cute.”

Cute he said. Oh my Holy God! Yonghwa said that Joohyun cute!! Joohyun blushed so much and bent her head low. Her heart beats so fast and felt like exploding.

Yonghwa just looked at the shy Joohyun. All amused and smiling giddily.

Well, no… this was not normal. Boss and secretary shouldn’t be like this…

 

After they eat dinner together, Yonghwa insisted Joohyun to let him drive her home. Joohyun already felt uncomfortable that she troubled her boss this much, but Yonghwa kept insisting. Well, Joohyun always accepted him in the end.

“I’m so sorry. My neighborhood isn’t really nice. The road is too narrow for your car.” Said Joohyun.

“I drive well. I can manage in any kind of road.” Said Yonghwa casually.

Joohyun didn’t answer and just smiled awkwardly.

“Where’s your house?” Asked Yonghwa.

“That white house.” Said Joohyun.

Joohyun pointed at the two story white house. It had a beautiful garden in front of the house with beautiful bloomed flowers.

“Wow, your house is so beautiful.” Yonghwa commented.

“I live in the second floor. The first floor belong to my landlord.”

“Oh.. you rent it?”

“Yes.”

Yonghwa just nodded then he parked his car in front of the gate.

Joohyun unbuckled her seatbelt and turned to Yonghwa, “Mr. Jung, really thank you for today.”

“No problem. Now just get in and have a rest.

“Ne. See you tomorrow, Mr. Jung.”

“Yes.” Yonghwa nodded.

Joohyun got out from the car. Yonghwa opened the window and nodded at her.

“Joshimhaseyo, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bowed.

“Ne.”

His car went by and Joohyun still stood there, watching his car sped away. She sighed. Eottohkae? Would she let this just roll? Or should she back up and distance herself from him? 

 

To be continued~

 


 

haha so what will joohyun do?

anyway, this is chapter 2! hope you like it.

i never thought that this story will gain so much loves... 

there's a lot of you who drop comments and the view is quite a lot too...

thank you very much. ^^ i hope you can enjoy this story till the end.

once again... thank you *bow*