Chapter 1

Sweet Mistake

Joohyun walked to her newly office early in the morning. There was barely people at that hour. What could you expect at seven in the morning? But Joohyun already sat on her desk because this was her first day at work. She had to make a good impression, especially to her boss. She already learn her boss portfolio, schedule and everything about him. She must learn all of that because her boss, that she knew named Jung Yonghwa, was a strict person. She would be his secretary, better she mastered all her job desc beforehand.

First, Jung Yonghwa always came to office 8 am straight. He liked to drink black coffee in the morning with less sugar. In addition, he liked tuna sandwich from the café which was located on the first floor of this office building. Joohyun already had the sandwich, so she went to pantry to make the coffee.

Coffee, check! Sandwich, check! Placed neatly on his desk, check! Joohyun looked at her wrist watch, it said 7.55. Five minutes before eight. She smoothen her white shirt and her black mid-thigh length pencil skirt. Since she was a nice figure, she looked gorgeous and y without her even trying. She brushed her wavy brown hair and applied pink lipgloss on her luscious lips. Done! Now all she had to do was waiting for her boss.

She already read about him. Jung Yonghwa in the age that considered young, 30 years old, had already managed this huge multi business company as a CEO. His father already passed away due to plane accident and his grandfather chose to retire. He was the only son, so he took his responsibility as CEO faster than it planned before.

Joohyun was only two years younger than him. She reflect to herself. In this age of her, she still being an ordinary employee. Her life was never flipped in any extreme way. But it didn’t mean that she didn’t make any effort in every stage of life. She graduated with laude predicate and managed to accepted in Jung Corp was a great achievement.  

The elevator on the end of the room dinged. Joohyun felt so tense. It must be her boss. As the elevator opened, it revealed her boss, Jung Yonghwa. For a second, she dazed at him. Darn! He was drop dead handsome! She already saw his picture before, but those picture was gave him no justice. Jung Yonghwa looked extremely handsome in person.

He walked calmly and smiled when his worker greeted him. His smile somehow looked so y. His jet black hair was combed neatly with bangs slightly covered his eyes. His navy blue suit wrapped his body perfectly. Darn! How Joohyun could work properly when the first thing she did was fangirling over her boss?

Joohyun shook her head. She tried to focus and being professional. Man! He was her boss for the God sake! And she shouldn’t like him more than a boss because he was already married. No! You wouldn’t make a mess with a married man.

“Good morning, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun stood from her seat and bowed to Yonghwa.

“Oh, Joohyun ssi, right? I’m sorry I can’t meet you before.” He said.

“Yes, Seo Joohyun imnida. It’s alright, Mr. Jung.” She answered.

“Well, welcome to Jung Corporation, then.”

“Thank you. I’ll do my best.”

“You must.” Yonghwa nodded. “Start to work now.”

Joohyun nodded. She walked to her desk and brought her agenda. Based on HR department’s information, Yonghwa liked to be reminded about all of his schedule for the whole day. He never liked being asked too much. It required Joohyun to work precisely.

As she grabbed her agenda, Joohyun followed Yonghwa to his office. She waited him until he sat on his desk and took a sip of his coffee.

“Oh! This is delicious. You make it yourself?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Yes, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun answered.

“Wow, excellent. My previous secretary can’t make a delicious coffee, so she always buy me starbuck.”

“Thank you, Mr. Jung.”

“I like you already.” He sipped his coffee again, “So what’s my schedule for today?”

“There’s some proposal that you have to check and sign. I already put the proposal there.” Joohyun pointed at the neat stack of file folder on his desk. “You have appointment at 9 am with Samsung Corp representative then at noon you have lunch appointment with Mr. Lee Jonghyun. Today is the last day for you to confirm the cooperation with SM Corp and you must call Mr. Lee Sooman before 3 pm. And at 5 pm, you have a party to attend with Mrs. Jung.”

Yonghwa nodded in appreciation. His new secretary was so good and he satisfied with her first impression.

“Thank you. You may go now.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun bowed before she left his office.

 

***

 

Joohyun slumped herself on her chair. Being Jung Yonghwa’s secretary was really busy. There were so much appointment that had to be managed, dozen proposals to check and distribute, accompanied him on several appointment when he asked to and so on and so forth.

She accompanied him when he met the representative of Samsung Corp. It took place in Hyatt Regency Hotel Restaurant. She only had to accompany him as his secretary but there was a problem before. All company’s drive were out for their duty and she couldn’t let her boss drive alone himself. Glad that she could drive so the problem was settled. Geez, really! Being his secretary mean multi skill capability.

It was already 5 pm. She remember that her boss had a party to attend with her wife. This was her last job for today. So she got up and knocked on Yonghwa’s office door.

“Come in.” He said.

Joohyun entered the office and found his boss with oh-so-damn-y-after-office-hour looks. His hair a little bit messy, he already took of his suit, loosened his tie with two upper button’s shirt ed. He rolled up his sleeves till his elbow.

Joohyun cleared her dry throat and got back her sense back, “I just want to remind you that you still have party to attend tonight with Mrs. Jung.” She said, tried to be as calm as possible.

“Yes. Thanks for reminding me.” He said. “She said that she will come here, so when she come just let her come in to my office.”

Joohyun nodded.

“You know my wife, right?” He asked.

“Of course, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun smiled.

How could she didn’t know? The famous socialite Yoon Bora, the daughter of the biggest cosmetics business. She was the maknae in her family. The one who took care of the company was his father and the one who would be the upcoming CEO was her oldest brother. She had no obligation to take care of the company. The only thing she did was being herself as the rich beautiful brat and get married with a handsome CEO. It made Joohyun thought that life was never fair. She worked her off to sustain her own life. Life was hard.

“Can you prepare my new suit?” Yonghwa asked Joohyun.

“Ah, ne.” Joohyun nodded.

She walked to the closet behind Yonghwa’s desk. She already knew that Yonghwa always stock his suit just in case. Now it also her duty to send it to laundry or change the suit collection. Joohyun hung the new suit and shirt on the hanger beside the closet. 

“Thanks.” Said Yonghwa as he flashed a smile to her.

“No problem, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bent her head then excuse herself.

As she closed his office door, she stormed to the toilet. Damn! She felt hot just because her boss smiled at her. Plus, his y looks made her stomach tingling.

Joohyun opened the faucet and took a handful cold water and washed her face. She washed her face over and over again. She prefer a cold shower but that was impossible.

“Seo Joohyun, are you crazy?” She mumbled to herself. “He is your boss and he is married.”

She grabbed tissue furiously and dabbed her face dry. She looked at her reflection in the mirror.

“Well, everyone must be admiring him, right?” She said. “He is young and success. He is good looking and rich. Plus, he had a very beautiful wife.” She nodded to herself. “I just admire him. That’s all. What’s so wrong, right?” She shrugged.

Joohyun decided to back to her desk. She was afraid that Yonghwa’s wife already arrived. When he got back, there was no sign of Yoon Bora’s presence. She sighed and sat on her chair. She couldn’t go home until his boss went home too.

The phone rang and that was from his boss personal line. She immediately picked it up.

“Yes, Mr. Jung?”

“Does my wife already arrived?” He asked.

“No. Not yet.”

“Ah, okay. Thanks.”

“No problem, Mr. Jung.”

Seems like his wife had a opposite traits with him. Yonghwa was a strict and punctual person, his wife wasn’t. Yonghwa was a hard worker, his wife was only partying around. The only similarity between them was they both rich and gorgeous.

Joohyun almost fell asleep on her desk till a click sounds on the floor woke her up. There, the devil, walked on her branded attire from head to toe. Yoon Bora was a very stunning lady. She had a y vibe screamed all around her body. Her curly black hair framed her beautiful face, her hips swayed in a y yet graceful manner.

Joohyun looked at her wrist watch. It was 8 pm. What the hell?? What kind of wife who let her husband waited for her for three hours??

“Good night, Mrs. Jung. Mr. Jung already wait for you. Please come in.” Joohyun lead her to Yonghwa’s office and opened the door for her.

“Thank you.” Bora said with a little smile.

Even though she was smiling, it didn’t feel warm at all. She was arrogant and, according to the deepest Joohyun’s heart, y. Maybe Joohyun just jealous. Yoon Bora had everything that all women in the world wanted.

“Hello, Honey~ I’m sorry, I’m late.” Joohyun could hear Bora’s voice before she closed the door.

Joohyun just rolled her eyes as she muttered, “.”

 

***

 

Same as yesterday, Joohyun already stood by before 8 am. Coffee and tuna sandwich already served. She reread her agenda and checked all Yonghwa’s schedule for today.

The elevator dinged. Joohyun looked up automatically. There her boss, looked dashing as usual but his face a little bit pale and his eyes looked sleepy.

“Good morning, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bowed.

“Good morning.” Yonghwa replied weakly.

Joohyun a little bit worried. His boss obviously not in his best condition. Moreover, Yonghwa would attend the seminar as the speakers. He need to recover soon.

She followed Yonghwa and she waited for him to sit and sipped his coffee. She could see Yonghwa frowned and groaned as he massaged his temple.

“Are you okay, Mr. Jung?” Joohyun asked carefully. She afraid that if she asked this, Yonghwa would mad at her. But she couldn’t help to feel worry.

“Just a little bit hang over. I drank too much last night.” He answered.

Oh, that damn party with that damn wife of his.

“I’ll buy you medicine. Wait for a minutes, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bowed and excuse herself.

“Thanks.” He said faintly.

 

Joohyun literally running to the nearest pharmacy. Her heels was killing her but she need to be hurry. She couldn’t let Yonghwa wait too long. She bought medicine and herbal tea. It just needed ten minutes for her to get back to the office again. She calmed her breath and fixed her hair before knocked on Yonghwa’s office door.

“Come in.” She heard Yonghwa answered.

“This is you medicine, Mr. Jung.” She handed the pill. She also brought him a glass of water.

“Thanks.” Yonghwa drank the pill and closed his eyes.

“Want me to change your coffee with herbal tea? Maybe it can help.” Joohyun suggested.

Yonghwa nodded, “Yes.”

In less than five minutes, Joohyun already put a cup of warm herbal tea on his desk.

“It’s warm and you can drink it now.” Said Joohyun.

Yonghwa sipped the tea. He closed his eyes and leaned on his chair tiredly.

Joohyun was a little bit hesitated to remind his schedule with his bad condition. But it was her responsibility to keep his schedule on track. The hell if Yonghwa mad at her, she didn’t care.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Jung, but I have to remind you about the seminar today.”

“Yes, I know. Have you prepared the course and the slide show?”

“Yes, I have. It’s on the flashdisk on your table.” She pointed the tiny flashdisk laid on the table. “I’ve also printed out the course.”

“Good.” Yonghwa nodded in approval, “Now I want to rest for a bit. If there’s a call or someone who want to meet me, tell them that I can’t be disturbed right now.”

“I understand.”

“Joohyun, you come with me to the seminar.”

“Yes, Mr. Jung.” She said. “Do you need anything else?”

“I want chocolate toast from the café on the first floor. I need something sweet.”

“Okay. Wait for a minutes, Mr. Jung.”

 

***

 

Joohyun took a glance so often to her boss who was now giving presentation in front of so many people. Academician, business and industry agent and general society, you name it. All of people from different background gathered here. It burdened Joohyun so much. So many thought that running in her head. What if Yonghwa fainted. What if Yonghwa loss his concentration.. what if.. what if…

Joohyun shook her head. Geez.. her worry getting more abnormal. Yonghwa was only his boss but why she acted as if she was his wife. Wife… Joohyun snorted. His y wife. What kind of wife that let his husband ill like this? Joohyun really didn’t get that.

Yonghwa could finish his presentation successfully. Joohyun heaved a relief sigh as Yonghwa went down from the podium. She immediately approached him.

“Are you okay, Mr. Jung?” That was the first question that she asked. She didn’t care if that was inappropriate. Hell, she was seriously worry.

“I’m fine. Thanks.” Yonghwa smiled.

“The E.O. already prepare private room for you. You can have lunch there, Mr. Jung.” Said Joohyun.

“That’s great.”

“Please follow me.” Said Joohyun.

Joohyun was already informed by the Event Organizer the location of Yonghwa’s private room. They went there straightaway. The room was located not far from the convention hall, so it didn’t take a long time for them to reach it.

As they arrived in front of the elegant oak door, Joohyun opened the door and let Yonghwa entered the room first. She got inside as well then closed the door.

Yonghwa already sat on the sofa tiredly. He took off his suit, leaned to couch and closed his eyes.

“I’ll prepare your lunch.” Said Joohyun.

“Hm.” Yonghwa simply responded. He was too tired.

“Here, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun put a plate full of food on the table.

Yonghwa opened his eyes, “Oh, thanks.”

Joohyun bowed then stood beside him.

Yonghwa took the plate and started to eat. He looked at Joohyun who was still stood beside him, “Won’t you eat too?” He asked.

“Later, Mr. Jung.”

“Just eat now together with me.” Yonghwa said casually.

“Ah! Aniyo.” Joohyun shook her head. She couldn’t have lunch together with her boss. She felt that was inappropriate.

“And why you just stand like that. Sit here beside me.” Yonghwa patted the empty space beside him.

“Ne?? No thanks, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun shook her head shyly.

“Joohyun ssi, take the food and have lunch here together with me. That’s an order.”

“Ah.. A-arraseo.”

Joohyun finally obliged what Yonghwa asked. She took the food, lots of it, because darn! She was dead starving. Joohyun bowed before she sat beside Yonghwa.

As she sat on the same couch with her boss, she instantly felt hot. Like oh my God!! She sat so near with her boss whom she admired so much.

“Jalmeokgesseumnida.” Said Joohyun.

“Ne.” Yonghwa answered.

“Omo! This is delicious.” Joohyun blurted out unconsciously.

Yonghwa chuckled.

“Ah, I’m sorry, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun blushed.

“It’s okay. Why you have to be sorry? This food indeed very delicious.”

“Aniyo. I’m just scared that I’m being rude.”

“Nah! Just be comfortable around me. You are my secretary after all.”

“Thank you, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun looked at Yonghwa and bowed a little.

“That’s not a problem.” Yonghwa smiled.

Thump!!! Her heart beats so abnormally fast. Was admiration felt like this? Joohyun wasn’t sure. But hell! She couldn’t be in love with him! That was a no, no!

The lunch was on silent. That wasn’t Joohyun’s capacity having a chit chat with Yonghwa after all. The only interaction between them was always about work.

As they finished their lunch, Joohyun cleaned up the table. She put a glass of water and a some kind of tonic.

“What’s this?” Yonghwa asked.

“I asked the E.O. to provide tonic for you. I hope you feel better after drink that. We still have to attend the seminar until the end.”

“Oh, you are so kind, even my wife doesn’t do this kind of thing.” Said Yonghwa nonchalantly as he drink the tonic.

Joohyun froze when Yonghwa mentioned about his wife. She really wanted to let this topic go, but curiosity won over her.

“Excuse me, Mr. Jung?”

“Bora, she can’t be a good housewife. She never learn to be one.” Yonghwa said, “I’m married but I never feel like one. She never take care of me as her husband.”

Joohyun gasped at his words. Well, she often heard about arranged marriage without love between two rich family. Now, she stood in front of the living prove, her own boss.

“I’m sorry to hear that, Mr. Jung.” Said Joohyun sincerely. “Maybe Mrs. Jung will be a good housewife for you in the future.” There was a pain inside when Joohyun said that, but she brushed it off. She had no right to feel that pain.

“I don’t know.” Yonghwa shrugged, “She is maknae in the family. She is being spoiled rot by her parents and her brothers, even by me. But there’s the time I want her to take care of me.”

“Oh.. well. Just, just ask her to, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun suggested.

She was nervous. Yes, she was. This topic was very private and sensitive. She even didn’t know why they talked about this now.

“I have, but she doesn’t want. She prefer partying around with her friends.” Said Yonghwa.

Somehow, his eyes looked so sad. Joohyun thought that Yonghwa loved her wife. That was a huge blow for her and made her even sadder herself.

“You seems really love your wife, Mr. Jung.” Said Joohyun. It just went out from just like that. It was too late for her to take back her words.

Yonghwa looked at her. Joohyun expected that Yonghwa would be angry at her because of her rude comment. But, Yonghwa didn’t show any fury, even he smiled at Joohyun.

“Since you mention that, it makes me think.” He brushed his chin with his forefinger, “ Do I love her? I’m married with her because I have to, so I’m not quite sure there’s love between us.”

“Mr. Jung….” Joohyun was speechless. Like Oh my ing God! That was his deepest thought from his deepest mind. How could Joohyun can hear it with her own ears and from his own mouth?? That was totally absurd.

Joohyun felt like a . Really. Somehow she felt happy when Yonghwa said that he didn’t know whether he loved his wife or not. Her heart blooming with the reason she didn’t want to admit.

“Why I talk about this with you anyway?” Yonghwa shook his head.

“I-I’m sorry, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bent her head low.

“That’s alright. It kind of refreshing having someone to talk to.”

Joohyun tilted her head confusedly at Yonghwa. Why he talked like that? Did he doesn’t have any friends? Did his life is that lonely? Did he doesn’t feel happy?

“By the way, when the seminar start again?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Oh!” Joohyun gasped. She forgot her duty just now because of their weird talk. She tried to get her mind set on track again. “It’s 2 pm. We still have ten minutes more.”

“Well, let’s go then.”

“Yes, Mr. Jung.” Said Joohyun, “Ah, by the way, Mr. Jung.”

Yonghwa turned his body to her, “Yes?”

“Do you need to go to the doctor and have a general check up? If yes, I’ll make an appointment immediately with your private doctor.”

“Actually I just drink alcohol too much. I’m fine. I don’t think it’s necessary.”

Joohyun frowned in disagreement. If he just had a hang over, he must be recovered soon. But Yonghwa looked sick even until after noon. She was contemplating between became an obedient secretary or obnoxious nagger secretary. But hell! This was about his health!

“But, Mr. Jung. I’m afraid something bad happen to you. You have a packed schedule and it will become a trouble if your health condition isn’t good.” She finally said that.

Yonghwa chuckled. “Well, okay then. Make appointment, with Doctor Kang. I’ll do this for you.” He said that only to tease Joohyun.

“I-i… I’m sorry but I never intend to be rude. Please, forgive me.” Joohyun said frantically.

“Hey.. don’t be like that. I’m just teasing you. Moreover, I haven’t seen Doctor Kang for a long time.” Yonghwa smiled.

“Ye-yes… I’ll make appointment with Doctor Kang.”

“Thanks.”

 

***

 

“Oh, hello Yonghwa ssi. What a surprise.” A doctor with an eye smile, Kang Minhyuk,  looked at his visitor.

Yonghwa just chuckled, “You miss me that much?”

“Tch! You must meet me regularly at the first place, but you are so stubborn.” Said Minhyuk. “So what miracle that bring you here?”

“If you consider the one that make the appointment is the miracle.. so yeah…” Yonghwa shrugged.

“Omo! You come here because of your secretary?”

“Yes. She ask me whether I want to do medical check up or not.”

“And you said yes.”

“I wouldn’t be here, Kanggun ssi.” Said Yonghwa. He usually called Minhyuk, Kanggun or Kanggun ssi. He usually talked to Minhyuk comfortably like this.

“HAHA! Daebak!” Minhyuk laughed out loud, “You like her or what?”

Yonghwa didn’t answer and just shrugged his shoulder.

“Just be careful, Yonghwa ssi.” Minhyuk shook his head as he checked Yonghwa’s blood tension.

“What are you talking about?” Asked Yonghwa nonchalantly.

“This is not normal for you.”

“Eh? What? My physical condition?”

“Aish! No, I mean your mental and your heart.” Minhyuk chuckled, “You might fall in love with her.”

Yonghwa just chuckled, “Don’t talk nonsense Kanggun ssi. Why are you talk about this anyway? You are a doctor not a psychologist. ”

Minhyuk just smiled and shook his head. He released the belt on Yonghwa’s hand and wrote down the result. “Your blood pressure is normal. Do you feel anything in these past days?”

“Last night I drank alcohol too much and my body felt not really good this morning. Just that.” Yonghwa answered.

“Reduce your alcohol consumption, Yonghwa ssi. Why you drink alcohol anyway?”

“I attend some party.”

“With your wife?”

“Who else?”

“I never understand your wife.” Minhyuk chuckled.

Yonghwa laughed, “Me neither.”

“Weirdo!” Minhyuk snorted.

“Yah! If you are not my private doctor, I might straggle you!”

Minhyuk just laughed, “Just keep your health. You already have a lot of stress and high workload. At least feed yourself with nutritious food. If your wife can’t do it, ask your secretary to do it.”

“Well, I admit that she is good doing her work.”

“It’s good then.” Said Minhyuk, “I’ll ask her to force you to do medical check up regularly. Ah! Reduce your coffee and eat more fruits. I’ll prescribe some vitamin too for you.”

Yonghwa just smiled and bowed to Minhyuk then he left.

 

As Yonghwa walked to the corridor, Joohyun stood up and approached him.

“There’s nothing serious, Mr. Jung?” She asked.

Yonghwa shook his head, “Nope. Kanggun, erm I mean Doctor Kang just said that I have to reduce alcohol and coffee, eat more fruits and vitamin.”

“Oh, I’ll change your breakfast, then. I’ll make herbal tea and fruits. Hmm.. or wheat bread is good too.” Said Joohyun.

“Whatever that you think is good, Joohyun ssi. Thanks in advance.” Yonghwa patted her shoulder.

Joohyun stunned. It was the first time Yonghwa touched her, well not in intimate context, but her heart felt like exploding.

“No-no problem, Mr. Jung.” Said Joohyun.

“Well, go home shall we?” Ask Yonghwa.

“Ah, ne. Our driver already wait outside.”

“Okay.”

Yonghwa walked first with Joohyun followed behind. Joohyun looked at Yonghwa’s back. That strong back of the person she admire. But… really? Only admiring? But still, Joohyun wouldn’t admit. She tried so hard to close her heart. Because, what the use of loving someone that she couldn’t have?

 

To be continued~

 


 

Hi! This is meluvyuya

how are you? kkk.

actually i have an obsession of making yongseo affair fanfic. lol.

whatever wrong the situation is, yongseo always feels right. haha.

this will be a mini series.. it won't be long.

i hope you enjoy this... happy reading ^^