Chapter 3

Sweet Mistake

 

That was the most hectic week for Joohyun. The weekend  was just several days more. Joohyun prepared the invitation  in between her piling work. The funny thing was Bora didn’t give her the list of the guest, so she list it herself. She was Yonghwa’s secretary after all, she knew all of the Jung and the Yoon colleagues. She listed it carefully and made sure that all of the important person was invited. The invitation done, she just had to print it by the help of advertising company. Jung Corp had it, so she could negotiate to that advertising company to print it as soon as possible and also help her to distribute it. She did that just only by telephone call and e-mail. Invitation, done!

Joohyun should finished all the preparation quickly so she stole her lunch break to go the florist and Philharmonic Orchestra since she couldn’t go there at night. She looked at the closed door of Yonghwa’s office. Saw no sign that he would go out, she sneak from her desk and walked to the elevator.

“Joohyun ssi.” Suddenly her boss called her.

Joohyun stopped her step. Why oh why, Yonghwa should go out in the right time? Joohyun went quietly so Yonghwa didn’t tag along with her. She couldn’t make her boss work too. It was true that Yonghwa said that he would accompany her, but still… Joohyun felt uncomfortable about it.

Joohyun turned to him, “Yes, Mr. Jung.”

“Where are you going?”

“Erm…” Joohyun thought that she just could lie to her boss but she was too afraid to do so. She never seen Yonghwa mad and she didn’t want to. So she told him the truth, “I’ll go the florist and Philharmonic orchestra.”

“For Bora’s party?”

“Yes.”

“Why don’t you tell me?”

“I don’t want to disturb you. You’ve already have a lot of work.”

“I said I’ll accompany you. Why don’t you listen to me?” Yonghwa didn’t mad, but his voice was firm.

Oh great, now he almost mad at Joohyun. She cursed herself. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

“I’m sorry, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bent her head low.

Yonghwa sighed, “Fine. Just let’s go.”

Yonghwa walked to the elevator and pressed it open. They both went down the floor together. Joohyun just followed behind him and spoke no words. She thought that this time Yonghwa would use company car, but no… he used his own car again.

“Get in.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun did as what he said.

“To where?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Florist in Youido-dong and Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra in Jongno-gu.”

“Arraseo.”

The ride went so silent. Joohyun just didn’t know what to do.

“Do you want to listen to the music?” Yonghwa asked. He aware of the stillness atmosphere between them, so he tried to loosen it.

“Ah yes, please.”

Yonghwa the radio and the music started to play. It was “Only U” by a girl group called TaeTiSeo and it happened Joohyun’s favorite song. It made Joohyun sang the song unconsciously.

“Oh wow, you have a beautiful voice.” Yonghwa commented.

“Thanks.” Joohyun blushed. Shy was understatement. She just really didn’t know what to do to cover her embarrassment. Then she stopped singing.

Yonghwa took a glance at her, “Why you stop? I like your voice.”

Joohyun bit her lips shyly. Maybe Yonghwa just wanted to compliment her without any other intention, but still… her heart beats madly without her consent.

“Aniyo, Mr. Jung. I’m just embarrassed.” Said Joohyun.

“It’s okay.” Yonghwa took a glance at Joohyun. He saw that Joohyun blushed and her face was so red. Her rosy cheek made him wanted to touch it. Okay, stop. Yonghwa felt that his thought went overboard already.

“Anyway, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun asked and stop his thought.

“Yes?”

“You haven’t eaten lunch. You can’t skip your lunch.”

Yonghwa chuckled, “You even haven’t had your lunch too. Why you worry about me more than yourself?”

Joohyun bit her lips nervously, “I just want to take care of you well, Mr. Jung.”

That was inappropriate for Joohyun to say that kind of thing to married man. But she unconsciously blurted her mind out loud. She was just had pure intention to take care of Yonghwa well. Because, of course… she admired Yonghwa. No, she liked Yonghwa to be exact.

Yonghwa grinned. His heart tugged in a weird way. He liked the feeling. He couldn’t lie.

“So let’s have lunch after this.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ne.. You have to eat lunch after this.” Joohyun answered.

“Not just me, but also you. We’ll have lunch together.”

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa in surprise, “Ne??”

“You heard me.” Yonghwa smiled. There was a light feeling in his heart. He felt…. Happy. The pure happiness that he barely felt for a long time.

 

***

 

There was an advantage bringing Yonghwa all along. When They arrived in Philharmonic Orchestra, at first they refuse to play in Bora’s party because that was too sudden. Weekend just a few days more. Even though Joohyun pleaded and negotiate so hard, the conductor of the orchestra didn’t change his mind to let his team to play in the party.

Yonghwa who didn’t involve in the negotiation at first, approached them and said his words. He flashed his charming smile to the conductor and introduced himself as CEO Jung Yonghwa. He explain that this was his wife party and he needed their help so bad to lighten the party.

Who was that conductor to refuse the great Jung Yonghwa? The conductor agreed instantly. Wow, power and position was no joke. It could rule anything that you want to.

“Thank you so much, Mr. Jung. Without you, maybe the conductor won’t agree.” Said Joohyun when they were already in the car heading to the florist.

“I’m happy that I can help.” Said Yonghwa. “If you need me just ask.”

Joohyun gasped. She repeated his words in her head. ‘If you need me just ask…’. “So if I need you to be with me, can you help me with that?” Joohyun thought in her mind. She smiled bitterly and shook her head. Instead, she only said, “Thank you, Mr. Jung.”

 

Their second destination was florist. Joohyun picked several types of flowers and asked the florist to decorate it in the party venue. Fortunately, the florist could provide the flowers for the party. Joohyun felt so glad. So there was no problem anymore until the D-day.

“Miss. Joohyun, you might be do the payment now.” Said the florist.

“Oh, ne.” Joohyun handed her credit card. She would reimburse it after this party after all.

“Wait, use mine.” Said Yonghwa.

“It’s okay, Mr. Jung. There’ll be a calculation for this party expense.”

“That’s true. But there’s me right now, so just use mine.”

“Thanks. Mr. Jung.” Said Joohyun.

“I think I heard your ‘Thank you’ a lot for these past days. It’s nothing, Joohyun ssi. I’m the one who must thank you.”

Joohyun just smiled and nodded. Yonghwa looked at her so intently. It made her hot then she looked away. She walked away from Yonghwa and pretended to look at the flowers. She couldn’t be near Yonghwa at that time. It was way to suffocating. She could passed out anytime soon.

Yonghwa kept his eyes on Joohyun. He noticed how pink her cheeks were and how sweet and cute her smile was. He looked at Joohyun who picked white roses. Strange… Every little thing that Joohyun did, made Yonghwa drawn into her. It seemed that Yonghwa watched her in a slow motion.

He looked Joohyun’s fingers brushed the flower petals. She took the flowers with one hand and the other hand was still touching the petals. Yonghwa thought that motion was really graceful without her even trying. Then he saw Joohyun brought the flower near her nose to smell its scent. It seemed that Joohyun like the scent, because she smiled so sweetly after she smelled it.

THUMP!

Yonghwa touched his left chest where his heart beats faster. What was wrong with him? All along when he watched Joohyun, smile never left his lips. Now, his heart beats so hard and fast. He sighed and tried to calm himself. Then suddenly, Joohyun turned to him.

“Mr. Jung?” She asked. She tilted her head in confusion. Her big curious brown eyes told it all.

“Ne?” Yonghwa smiled at her.

“What’s wrong? Do you need anything?”

Yonghwa just shook his head, “It’s nothing.”

“Miss Joohyun, here’s the card. I’ve already proceed the payment. We’ll decorate the flowers on Saturday morning.” The florist came to Joohyun and handed her Yonghwa’s credit card.

“Ah, ne. Kamsahamnida.” Joohyun bowed. Then Joohyun walked to Yonghwa.

The closer Joohyun walk, the more strange sensation crept on Yonghwa’s body. He had a weird urge to touch her… felt her on him. But no, of course he didn’t do that. He shouldn’t do that.

“It’s done?” Yonghwa asked.

“Yes. Here’s your card.” Joohyun handed him the card and their fingertips touched in the process.

Joohyun gasped and Yonghwa went stiff. It was a slight touch but it affected them so much.

“Erm… so.. Let’s have our lunch now.” Said Yonghwa and broke the intense atmosphere.

“Yes.” Joohyun simply answered.

 

***

 

Yonghwa picked the place for them to eat. Of course, the restaurant was really magnificent. That was a high class Italian restaurant. Well, what could you expect from the CEO? He must had a high taste.

Joohyun sat and looked around the restaurant. It surely awed her so much. She didn’t know what the name of this kind of decoration style, but she felt like she lived in Victorian era. Elegant woods furniture, beautiful paintings and crystal chandelier. She smiled at the sight then her eyes dropped to Yonghwa who looked at her in fascination.

“Mr. Jung?” She automatically asked him. Her heart beats so fast because there was something in the way Yonghwa looked at her, but she couldn’t define.

“Is this place that beautiful?” He smiled warmly at Joohyun.

“Ne, it is.” Joohyun nodded shyly.

“So I think I must take you here often.” He said.

“Ne?” She gasped. Take her here often? What was that mean?

“Order the food shall we?” Asked Yonghwa then he took the menu.

Yonghwa took a glance at the blushing Joohyun before he read the menu. He felt the weird attraction towards his secretary. Every gesture she made really caught him and made a tug in his heart. He like the way she took care of him, he like the way she worried of him, even he like the way she greeted him in the morning. Somehow he felt so warm inside. He felt so loved and cared. Somehow that made his heart happy. That were all the things that he longing for that he didn’t get from a wife.

“Have you choose the food?” Yonghwa looked at Joohyun who also looked at him intently.

“Ne?” Joohyun blushed and bit he lips.

Damn. Her lips looked so desirable and kissable.

Yonghwa cleared his throat and divert his gaze from her inviting lips. “Food, Joohyun ssi.” He said.

“Oh! Erm.. actually I don’t know what to order. I’ll order the same as you, Mr. Jung.”

“Is that so? Okay, then.”

Yonghwa called the waiter and made their order. The waiter told them that the food would be ready in fifteen minutes. As they waited, the waiter served light meal and poured a delicious wine.

“Cheers!” Yonghwa raised his glass.

Joohyun smiled, “For what, Mr. Jung?”

“Hmm… for us?” Yonghwa smirked so ily at Joohyun. He was never be a flirty type. He didn’t know why but somehow Joohyun woke his naughty side of him.

Yonghwa always been this good looking. He was handsome and charming without him even trying. Women attracted to him, of course. Being a heir of Jung Corp was a huge responsibility. He took it seriously. So unlike the other chaebol who loved to play around and sleep around, he studied hard for his upcoming position. Yonghwa never had a relationship with woman. Not that he wasn’t straight, but he put all his concentration for becoming CEO. There was no time to play around.

His marriage with Bora was an arrange marriage. He never knew her personally before. He met her just one week before their marriage. He never really falling in love with certain woman so when his parents asked him to marry with Bora, he just simply said yes.

They got married on paper, but the reality was far from the marriage life. Bora was sweet and cute. Yonghwa like her but no more. He really tried to accept the reality that he was already married. He asked Bora to work this marriage work. He as a real husband and she as a real wife with all the responsibility. But Bora refused, she didn’t want to be a real wife and take care of him as her husband. There was no use to convince her, so he just let it be.

But Joohyun presence change everything. Yonghwa didn’t know whether her caring manner was her nature or that was a mere obligation as his secretary. She really concerned about his health, she even force him to go to his private doctor. When he looked at her, her eyes, her smile, her cute blushing cheeks, he knew that Joohyun was sincere. He was indulged in this situation and he really like it.

“For us?” Joohyun repeated his words.

Yonghwa nodded. “For us.”

They clinked their glass and sipped the wine. Yes.. ‘For us’. For them and for whatever would happen with these two. They put the glass on the table and looked at each other. They didn’t know why but something drawn them to each other. There was no intention to broke the gaze.

“The food, Mr. and Mrs.” The waiter broke their gaze lock.

“Yes, thanks.” Yonghwa nodded at the waiter.

On the other hand, Joohyun gulped her remained wine to ease her nervousness.

“Let’s eat. I’m starving.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ne.” Joohyun waited for Yonghwa to eat first then she eat after that.

Joohyun took a forkful of her pasta. Then she unconsciously hummed in delight, “This is delicious!” She said.

Yonghwa smiled, “Seems you always be like that.”

“Ne?”

“You always do that gesture, hum cutely when eating something delicious.”

“Oh.. maybe. I didn’t notice.” Joohyun played with her hair shyly.

“That’s cute.”

Yonghwa said Joohyun cute again. It made Joohyun blushed so hard. “Thanks.” She said, because she didn’t know what else she must said.

“Why you always looks so tense when you’re with me?” Yonghwa asked. “Just relax.” He took Joohyun’s hand on his and squeezed it lightly.

Oh. My. God! Yonghwa held Joohyun’s hand!! Joohyun gasped, a surge of pleasure ran all along her body and it made her stomach tingling. For Yonghwa, he felt so excited. Like finally, he could felt her skin on his. It was smooth just like he had been imagined.

Yonghwa rubbed his thumb on her hand before he drew his hand from her. “Just talk comfortably.” He said.

Joohyun sighed and smiled at him. Well, Yonghwa already said that she could talk and behave comfortably around him. She would do that, because that means that she could get closer to Yonghwa… step by step.

 

***

 

“Oh, so your parents live in Cheonju. You’re not afraid live alone in Seoul?” Asked Yonghwa.

Now they were on the way back to office after their lunch. Yonghwa tried to loosen the atmosphere by asking question to Joohyun. She answered all of his question and naturally she became more and more comfortable. She talked a lot and she laughed a lot.

“At first yes. But I’m getting used to live alone.” Joohyun answered.

“Ah, I see. If you need help just tell me.”

“Yes. Thank you, Mr. Jung.”

“Ah, by the way. Can I call you informally?”

“Yes. It’s okay.”

“Hmm.. Okay. Joohyun-ah…”

Joohyun giggled. “Ne?” She answered playfully.

Yonghwa laughed. Oh, God. He loved this feeling.

 

They chatted happily until they reached the office. They exchanged trivial things like, how Joohyun liked a funny frog character Keroro Gunsou and how Yonghwa liked anime Slam Dunk and he collected all the comic books. They laughed at their similar childishness.

“I also have the keychain. Look!” Joohyun dangled her keychain to Yonghwa.

Yonghwa laughed, “I have Sakuragi Hanamichi’s keychain too.” He too dangled the keychain to her.

“Omo!” She squealed. “My friends always said that I must stop watch Keroro. They said anime is so childish.”

“My friends never know that I’m a fan of Slam Dunk.” Yonghwa shrugged.

“Oh, so I know your secret, then.”

“Yes. So you better keep it save.” Yonghwa winked at her.

She laughed, “Arraseo, Mr. Jung.”

They reached their floor. Yonghwa walked to his office and Joohyun sat on her desk.

“Ah by the way, Joohyun-ah, You’ll go to The Shilla to pick food buffet tonight, right?” Yonghwa asked.

“Yes, Mr. Jung.”

“I’ll accompany you.”

“Ne.” Joohyun smiled and nodded.

 

***

 

Joohyun arrived at The Shilla together with Yonghwa. The manager already prepare the food sample in the hotel kitchen. They tasted the food and gave each other opinion. Generally they had  same taste but sometimes they argued about the food that their pick.

“I think asparagus soup is more delicious.” Said Joohyun.

“No. I like corn soup more.” Said Yonghwa.

“I pick asparagus.”

“No. We must pick corn.”

“Mr. Jung.”

“Joohyun-ah!”

Joohyun sighed, “Fine, corn soup.”

“Alright~” Yonghwa grinned.

With a little argument like that, finally they successfully picked all the food that would be prepared for the buffet. After the manager confirmed all the food, Joohyun’s job for preparing the party was done. But Joohyun still had to attend the party to supervise the party together with the manager.

“It’s done, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun smiled. “Thanks for your help.”

Now that they were on the way home. Yonghwa said that he would drive her home. Joohyun simply nodded and said yes. Well, now Joohyun was weak on refusing Yonghwa.

“It’s nothing. You are the on who already work hard for this.” Yonghwa patted her shoulder.

Joohyun smiled, “Aniyo.” She said shyly. Any simple physical contact between her and Yonghwa always felt exciting. “Ah! By the way, I never inform the progress to Bora ssi!”

“Oh... that…” Yonghwa simply commented.

“Eotteohke? I’m sorry, Mr. Jung. Since you know the preparation, I thought that maybe.. well… maybe you talk about this at your house with Bora ssi.”

“You know that she went to Milan, right?”

“Eh? But it was a week ago.”

“Yes. She haven’t gone home yet.”

“What?”

“Yep.” Yonghwa shrugged.

“You don’t ask her to come home?”

“No.”

“Why?” Joohyun couldn’t hold her curiosity.

Yonghwa tilted his head, “I don’t know. She will come home if she want to.”

Joohyun pouted. She really didn’t get it. How come a husband just let his wife travel around freely like that? And how come a wife could just go wherever she wanted?

Yonghwa took a glance at Joohyun. “You look confused.”

“Ah.. it just…”

“I said to you before right? I’m married with Bora because I have to. Come to think of it… I have no romantic feeling for her.”

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa confusedly. Why now Yonghwa stated his feeling so bluntly? Was it a sign? Did Yonghwa say that intentionally? Joohyun couldn’t think straight. Her brain was full of speculation.

“But…” She started to speak, “But you said that you want Bora ssi take care of you well.”

“Well… she didn’t want to. So I just let her be.” Yonghwa answered. ‘Besides, I’ve already have you to take care of me.’ He added in his mind.

“Oh..” Joohyun lost in her thought. Why? She felt something changed. She felt it but she couldn’t tell what exactly was that.

“We’ve arrived.” Said Yonghwa, stopped the train of Joohyun’s thought.

“Oh!” Joohyun looked up and realized that they were already in front of her house. She unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the car door. “Thank you, Mr. Jung.”

“You are welcome.” Yonghwa smiled warmly.

As Joohyun went out from the car, Yonghwa also did so. Joohyun turned back and found her boss stood behind her.

“Ah, What happen, Mr. Jung? There’s something else I can do?” Joohyun asked.

“Aniya.. I just want to make sure that you are arrive inside your house safely.”

“Ehm..” Joohyun bit her lips and tucked her hair behind her ear, “You don’t have to.”

“But I want to.” Said Yonghwa persistently.

“Arraseoyo.” Joohyun smiled so sweetly, “Good night, Mr. Jung.”

“Good night, Joohyun-ah…”

Joohyun bowed for the last time to Yonghwa before she entered her house. She mouthed ‘Thank you’ to Yonghwa then she got inside her house.

Yonghwa smiled giddily after Joohyun went inside her house. Never in his life he felt so happy like this. What was wrong with him? Why Joohyun’s presence affected him so much? Maybe he knew the answer… but he didn’t really want to answer that question.

After Joohyun closed her door. She slumped to the floor and held her scream. Gosh! How come being with her boss could be this overwhelming? She clutched her chest where her heart beats so fast. God.. she like this feeling, so much…

 

***

 

The D-day of the party finally came. Joohyun already stood by in The Shilla since morning because she should checked the flowers decoration and any other preparation. She was looking at the whole ballroom and felt satisfied. She was sure that the party would be the party that people couldn’t forget. Just what Bora wanted.

“How’s the preparation?”

Joohyun was startled at the familiar voice. She turned her body and yes, there, Jung Yonghwa stood behind her.

“Mr. Jung.” She bowed, “Why you come here so early?”

“I know that you’ll be here at this hour, so I come.” He said.

What? So he came here for Joohyun? No. Joohyun felt that she just went overboard. There was no way that Yonghwa came for her. He just wanted to see the ballroom.

“Ah.. ne.” Joohyun simply answered.

“This is very beautiful.” Yonghwa commented.

“Yes it is.” Joohyun stated proudly. “By the way, does Bora ssi already arrived in Korea?”

“Yes, she has.”

“Oh.” Joohyun just nodded.

“Just take a break for a while, Joohyun ssi. You don’t have to supervise this all day long.” Yonghwa said, “Let’s have some coffee.”

Joohyun bit her lips. Morning coffee with her beloved boss sound so good, “Okay.” She answered.

 

They had some coffee with a usual random chit chat. Every time they spend time together, they knew each other better and found interesting fact about them. Now, they discover that Joohyun could play piano and Yonghwa could play guitar. Yonghwa asked her to play their instrument together if they had chance. Joohyun agreed about that excitedly since she loved music so much.

They really enjoy each other company and their conversation. But unfortunately, Yonghwa said that he had to go home to prepare tonight’s party.

“So, I’ll see you tonight.” Said Yonghwa.

“Yes, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bowed.

“Ne.” Yonghwa looked at Joohyun longingly. It seems that he didn’t want to leave her yet.

“There’s something I can help you, Mr. Jung?”

“Aniya.” Yonghwa shook his head, “See you, Joohyun-ah.” Yonghwa patted her shoulder but he prolong it by squeezed it gently then he let his hand slid through the length of her arm, he touched her hand and squeezed it softly.

Joohyun bit her lips at his touch. A jolt of electricity ran along her body as his hand traveled along her arm. Joohyun caught Yonghwa’s hand for a moment to brush his palm softly.

“See you, Mr. Jung.” She said sweetly.

Yonghwa smirked, then left with a wide satisfied smile.

 

***

 

Joohyun had ready for the party tonight. She already dressed up for this occasion. She wore light make up, her hair was waved smoothly and she wore a strapless knee length black dress which hug her y figure perfectly. To make it complete, she wore gold necklace.

She waited for Bora and Yonghwa to come. This was her party after all, so she must came earlier. Joohyun looked at the entrance and noticed a familiar black car, it was Yonghwa’s car. Well, finally the queen already came.

Joohyun walked closer to welcome them. Her step stopped as she saw Yonghwa went down from the car. Gosh! Yonghwa was absolutely dashing! He wore his black formal tux with bow tie. His hair was combed neatly. Joohyun sighed and calmed her raging feeling inside her. She waited for Bora to went down from the car but no one came out. Yonghwa came alone.

Joohyun tilted her head confusedly. She didn’t come late as she used to do right? For God sake this was her own party!! What a crazy rich girl!

Yonghwa noticed Joohyun at the entranced door then he stopped. He smiled and bit his lips. Joohyun’s appearance tonight really stunned him. Her milky bare shoulder was free for him to feast. Oh how he wanted to run his finger on her. He walked closer still with his y smirked on his lips. He enjoyed his view very much.

“Good evening, Joohyun-ah..” Yonghwa greeted her first.

“Good evening, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bowed.

“You look beautiful tonight.” Yonghwa said that just like that before he could held it from his tongue. Because, really! He had to say it out loud.

“Ah, thanks.” Joohyun played with her hair shyly, “You look handsome too.”

“Thanks. I’m very happy you said that.” He smiled.

“By the way, where’s Bora ssi?” Asked Joohyun.

“Well, you know her. She’ll be late.” Yonghwa shrugged.

“But this is her party.”

“I know, that’s why I come first so I can greet the guests.” Said Yonghwa. Well, half of the reason he came early was he couldn’t wait to see Joohyun on her formal dress. And yes, he didn’t disappointed of what he saw. Joohyun was absolutely alluring.

“Well, you want to eat or drink first while waiting for the guests?” Asked Joohyun.

“Good idea.” Yonghwa nodded in approval.

They walked together and heading to the food and drink area. Yonghwa took wine and was about to sip it when Joohyun stopped him.

“Wait, Mr. Jung. Have you already eat something before come here?”

“Yes. Actually I eat goguma cake before I come here.”

“Omo! You like goguma cake?”

“Yes, I like goguma to be exact.”

“I like goguma too!!” She beamed almost excitedly.

“Jinjja? Woah, let’s eat goguma together later.” Yonghwa smiled, “But anyway, why you ask I have eaten or not?”

“Oh!” Joohyun blushed, “Aniyo, I just worry if you drink wine with empty stomach.”

Yonghwa smiled. That was it! Her concern about him that melted him.

“It’s okay.” He said, “Cheers?”

“For what?” Joohyun smiled.

“For you who already work so hard to prepare this party.”

“It’s nothing actually.” Joohyun smiled, “But okay then, for me!” She raised her glass.

“For you, Seo Joohyun.” Yonghwa clinked his glass.

 

The guest one by one came but Bora were no where to be seen. It was Yonghwa who greeted the guest here and there and entertained them with random chat. Joohyun just walked around while check on the condition. If the food or drink empty, she would ask the manager to fill it or when certain place got dirty she would ask to be cleaned. Just some simple inspection like that. And while she walked around, she always watching Yonghwa from afar and admire him.

Yonghwa was talking to certain person animatedly. Joohyun watch how he talked excitedly, how he smiled, how he moved his hand unconsciously until Yonghwa notice her gaze and looked back at her. Joohyun nodded at him and smiled. Yonghwa smiled at her too.

Suddenly a beautiful woman came and approached him. Yes, finally the spoiled princess had came. Yoon Bora robbed all the attention as she greeted all her colleagues. Then she hooked her hand on Yonghwa’s arm, clung to him as if she boast around of being a CEO’s wife.

It struck Joohyun. It made her realized that Yonghwa already married and had a wife. She felt a pang on her heart. She touched her chest. It hurt there… so much. So she walked away and left. She didn’t want to see the sight of Yonghwa and Bora together.

 

Joohyun stood on the ballroom balcony while playing her wine glass. She didn’t know how long she stood there, but the certain thing was she didn’t want to go back to the party.

“You ditch the party.”

Joohyun turned and found Yonghwa already leaned on the railing. She didn’t answer and just looked at him.

“The party almost over. Most of the guests already go home.”

Oh, so she already stayed here long enough. She looked at her glass and the wine still full. She realized that she didn’t touch her wine at all and just stood blankly there.

“I’m sorry.” She said.

“Why?”

“I don’t supervise the party till the end.”

“The manager do the job.”

“What about Bora ssi? She’s still here?”

“The driver already drive her home, she was badly drunk.”

“Oh…”

Joohyun stopped and thought for a while. Bora already went home yet Yonghwa still here? Why? Was it he still here for her?

“Why are you here anyway? I notice you disappear the moment Bora come.” Yonghwa asked, broke their silence.

Joohyun frowned. So Yonghwa noticed her absence.

“Aniyo. It’s nothing.”

“Is that so?” Yonghwa raised his brows. “Are you okay?”

Joohyun looked up to Yonghwa then cut the gaze immediately. How? How could she felt okay after saw the reality of the man she like had already married? How could she felt okay when her feeling towards him would never be returned?

“Joohyun-ah…” Yonghwa touched her bare shoulder and massaged her gently there.

Joohyun sighed and closed her eyes. She wanted this. God, she wanted him! She felt his hand slid downward, brushed the side of body in the process. She hitched when the tip of Yonghwa’s finger touched the side of her . His hand fondled her hips before he grabbed her to make her closer to him.

“I’ll take you home now.” Yonghwa whispered right on her ear. His lips intentionally brushed her earlobe.

Joohyun gasped. Her body fell to the pleasure he created. His touch, his warmth, his voice… everything about him made her weak and all she wanted to do was surrender.

“Okay.” Joohyun whispered back.

 Yonghwa guide her as he still held her waist. The ballroom already empty by then, only the worker who was tidying up the venue. They just walked in silence as they heading to the parking lot. His hands kept on her hips, sent a chill through her spine.

Yonghwa let Joohyun went in the car first then he got in next. The ride was so silent. Both of them drown on their own thought. There was no one who initiate the conversation until they arrived in Joohyun’s house.

“Thank you, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun bowed.

“It’s nothing, Joohyun-ah.” Yonghwa smiled. “Now get in and have a good rest.”

Joohyun bowed then turned he body but suddenly she felt Yonghwa pulled her hand. Joohyun looked at him confusedly. Yonghwa also looked at her with indescribable gaze. He held her hand, lifted it to his lips then he kissed the back of her hand gently.

“Good night, Joohyun-ah…” Yonghwa released her hand, left the dumbfounded Joohyun staring at him.

“Go-good night, Mr. Jung.” Joohyun whispered. Her face now blushing so hard.

Joohyun walked slowly to her door. She couldn’t believe what happened earlier. What was that mean? Was Yonghwa had a same feeling towards her too? Did she had a chance to be Yonghwa’s woman?

Joohyun took a glance at Yonghwa before she entered her house. Yonghwa stood there, all smiling and waved at her. Joohyun waved back at him then got in.

Yonghwa watched Joohyun disappear behind her door. He sighed contentedly. Man, he already let his feeling towards Joohyun flew this far. He couldn’t let this woman being in someone else arm. Thought about that made him wanted to throw up. No, he wouldn’t let that happened. Only him that could be with her. He wanted her and he must have her.

 

To be continued~

 


 

hehe finally manage to update this story.

well, here's chapter 3.. maybe the chap might bore you but the thing that i want to point out is the process how yonghwa and joohyun get closer and the contemplation inside Yonghwa's heart and mind until finally he decide to keep Joohyun for himself.

hope i succesfully convey this point to you. 

so... this is where their affair begin... kkkk *evil laugh*

here it is. happy reading, enjoy and see you! ^^