Chapter 7

Sweet Mistake

Their relationship was smooth so far. They could work professionally but Yonghwa sometimes could be so naughty. They didn’t show they romantic side and affection on office hour. They usually got lovey dovey after office hour when the office already empty, nobody else but them. But not today, when Yonghwa boldly flirt Joohyun in a broad day light.

Joohyun was delivering some documents to his office. Yonghwa looked up and scrutinized her from head to toe. He didn’t understand, why Joohyun get even prettier as time went by? Maybe it was just him and his feeling towards her. She just wearing her usual office attire. Plain long sleeved white shirt and black skirt. But hell! It could make him turn on.

“This is the documents that you ask for.” Said Joohyun. She stood beside Yonghwa who was sitting on his chair and put the documents on the table.

Yonghwa didn’t say anything and just looked at her.

“Waeyo? Is there anything else I can do?” Asked Joohyun.

Yonghwa spread his hand and caught her hips then trailed down to her bottom. He he there softly then fondled it.

Joohyun shocked and her eyes widen in horror. She immediately slapped his hand away, “Oppa! Stop it! What if somebody see us?”

He grinned naughtily, “The point is you are worry someone might caught us, but not me groping you.”

Joohyun rolled her eyes. How could he said such things? They both know how addicted she was towards his touch. And it went same for him, he loved it when she started physical contact. They had lost count how many sinful deeds that they did inside this office after office hour, or in her apartment.

“This is time for work.” Said Joohyun sternly.

“You are so strict.”

“And so are you, but seems you are a bit loose nowadays.”

“If it comes to you.” He grinned and once again wondering his hand on her.

“Oppa, jinjja!” She whined.

“This is a tough day, Joohyun-ah… Can you just be kind to me?” He pleaded.

Joohyun sighed. She knew perfectly what case that he faced. Jung Corp would build a new factory in Busan. But they had a problem with the citizen in the area where the factory would be built. It took several negotiation, strategy and legal matter. He already did an endless meeting with Lawyer Lee Jungshin, arranging what kind of regulation that would make his business ran smooth.

“Himnaeyo, Oppa…” Joohyun closed their gap. She let him leaning on her stomach. She his hair gently to sooth him.

“Hmm… this feels so good.” He mumbled, eyes closed peacefully.

Joohyun smiled and continued to brush his hair, “This case already make a development, I’m sure it will settle soon.” She said.

“Yes.” Yonghwa nodded.

“Well, I’ll be back to my desk then.”

“Okay.” Yonghwa reluctantly straighten his body. “Well, see you then.”

Joohyun chuckled. That was a weird words to say. They surely would meet every time. But she could catch the message, he mean ‘See you after office hour’ where they could be alone and free to express their love.

“Ne.” Then Joohyun leaned on Yonghwa, gave a quick peck on Yonghwa’s lips.

Yonghwa smiled happily and nodded.

“And oh! You have appointment with Lawyer Lee Jungshin in one hour.”

“Arraseo, Baby.” He said, let it his endearment towards her out loud.

Joohyun smiled then went out from his office.

 

In one hour straight, Lee Jungshin came to Yonghwa’s office. Joohyun stood up and welcomed him.

“Anyeong haseyo, Mr. Lee. Mr. Jung already waiting for you.” Said Joohyun.

Jungshin nodded and smiled. Joohyun lead the way to Yonghwa’s office and let Jungshin entered the room.

“Thank you.” Said Jungshin.

Joohyun just bowed. They ever use his service once in the past. Yonghwa felt satisfied with his work and decided to work with Jungshin for his new project. Means, Joohyun already met him before and also know him. Joohyun then closed the door, back to her work again.

 

The meeting lasted for two hours, when Jungshin went out from Yonghwa’s office. Joohyun automatically stood up and bowed to him.

“Oh, I thought you already left for lunch break.” Said Jungshin as he checked on his watch.

“Ah, not yet.” Said Joohyun. Joohyun always had lunch together with Yonghwa, that was why she was still there. She was waiting for Yonghwa.

“Oh, why don’t we have lunch together?” Asked Jungshin.

Then the door slammed open. Yonghwa was standing in front of his door. He didn’t like the sight that welcomed him. Lee Jungshin was still there talking with Joohyun, his Joohyun. And he also heard that Jungshin ask her to have lunch together. He obviously didn’t like that.

“You are still here, Mr. Lee.” Said Yonghwa coldly.

“I’m going to leave… just have some chat with Miss. Joohyun.”

“You are flirting with my secretary.” Yonghwa’s eyes got darker with anger.

Joohyun could sense it. She didn’t want this became an ugly scene. But then again, she knew Yonghwa. He still could hold his anger in this situation.

Jungshin chuckled at Yonghwa’s statement, “Aniyo. How could asking for lunch together called flirting?”

Yonghwa just smiled coldly. “She still have something to do.”

“Oh.. is that so?” Asked Jungshin then he took a glance at Joohyun.

“Uhm.. yes.” Joohyun answered.

“What a shame. Maybe next time?”

“Ah.. maybe…” Joohyun answered nervously. She could feel deathly glare from Yonghwa even though she didn’t look directly at him.

“Okay, then.” Jungshin smiled happily. “Well, see you later, Mr. Jung.” He bowed to Yonghwa, “Miss. Joohyun.” He bowed and smiled so brightly.

Yonghwa frowned. Geez! This Lee Jungshin openly flirting with Joohyun! If only he wasn’t working with Jungshin, he swore he would strangled Jungshin.

“And what’s that?” Asked Yonghwa to Joohyun right after Jungshin left.

“That’s the way you see just now.” Joohyun answered.

“You said ‘maybe’ to his lunch offer.” He said coldly.

“It just for formality sake. You know that I won’t accept that.” Joohyun looked at Yonghwa so sharp. She couldn’t believe that Yonghwa would act this way and accuse her for something unimportant like this.

“Joohyun-ah…” Yonghwa stepped closer and trapped her between his body and her desk. “I tell you, stay away from him!”

Joohyun didn’t answer and just shake her head. Somehow she was angry at this man. Well, yes she knew that he was jealous but still! She felt that Yonghwa shouldn’t be this angry.

“Joohyun-ah!” He warned her.

“Arasseo!” She finally answered but still fuming.

“Jinjja?” The angry Yonghwa now became softer. There was a silent plead in his eyes.

“Ne.”

“Say you love me.”

Joohyun shook her head. Jinjja this namja! “I love you, Yonghwa oppa!”

Then Yonghwa grinned so wide as if he never angry before. “I love you too, Joohyun-ah… really I love you.” He leaned on her and kissed her right on the lips.

Joohyun who was a little bit pissed could be toned down only by his sweet words and sweet gesture. She kissed him back with the same intensity. Well, maybe this was considered as their first fight and also first make up.

They both oblivious about their surrounding. Since the that floor was exclusively for Yonghwa’s office there was no one there, more over this was already lunch time so people already went from the office to grab their lunch. But there still possibility people come, that was the thing that they didn’t realize. The elevator moving and stopped on their floor. The door slide and a man came in. That man stopped in his track when he saw Yonghwa and Joohyun kissing so madly.

“Yonghwa-yah? What the hell are you doing?”

Yonghwa and Joohyun tensed when they heard that man. They untangled themselves immediately. Yonghwa grabbed Joohyun hand and pulled her to stood behind him, protected her from whoever that successfully caught them. Then Yonghwa turned to that man and he didn’t know whether he must panic or glad.

“Jonghyun-ah…”

Yes, Lee Jonghyun, the old friend and also close friend of Yonghwa. He stood rot in his place. His eyes widen in shock. But he managed to walk closer to where Yonghwa and Joohyun stood.

“Yonghwa… You and her… Oh holy !” Jonghyun cursed in disbelieve.

“Jonghyun-ah…”

“Oh man! I can’t believe this! I just have a random idea to drop by at your office and ask you for lunch but…” Jonghyun took a glance and Joohyun who still stood behind Yonghwa. “Seems that I choose the wrong time. But well, now I’m here you must tell me everything, Jung Yonghwa!”

 

***

 

Somehow they ended up having lunch together in one luxurious restaurant in one of the five stars hotel in Seoul. They reserved VIP lounge. Three of them, Jonghyun, Yonghwa and also Joohyun. Joohyun refuse at first but Yonghwa insisted her to join. He would never left her moping alone in the office.

Yonghwa suggested they had lunch first before he told Jonghyun about him and Joohyun. It better faced this with full stomach. Jonghyun just ate as usual, Yonghwa could eat a little but Joohyun didn’t touch her food at all.

“Hey…” Yonghwa whispered to Joohyun. He squeezed her knee in comforting manner.

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa. She looked pale and frantic.

“Why you don’t eat?” Asked Yonghwa.

Joohyun just shook her head. Yonghwa knew that Joohyun must be had no appetite, but still she must had her lunch. He didn’t want she get sick.

“Just eat a little, please? Come on, Baby, don’t let your stomach empty.” Said Yonghwa affectionately.

That scene didn’t cease from Jonghyun’s sight. Never he found Yonghwa act that sweet and full of affection like that towards his own wife. Jonghyun could see that Yonghwa seriously cared for Joohyun. That was the first time Jonghyun witnessed that. He was a bit startled. He became friend with Yonghwa since high school. He knew Yonghwa well and he could tell that Yonghwa was really sincere.

“Joohyunnie..” Yonghwa still pleaded to Joohyun and made her ate.

“Aniyo, Oppa.” Joohyun answered faintly.

“Just a little. Jebal?”

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa. Yonghwa nodded, asked her to eat as well. They held gaze for several seconds. Then Joohyun nodded a little and started to eat. Yonghwa smiled lovingly at Joohyun and brushed her hair gently.

Jonghyun didn’t understand but looking at them like that sent shiver on him. As if these two people in front of him was talking with only gazing at each other. What the hell was this? Curiosity ate him completely. His friend owed him explanation.

 

After some times, they finally finished their lunch. Jonghyun was ready to hear Yonghwa’s explanation. Yonghwa looked at Joohyun who was clearly worried about this. Yonghwa squeezed Joohyun’s hand.

“Okay, as you can see, Joohyun and I are in relationship.” Said Yonghwa to Jonghyun.

“Neo micheosso?” Jonghyun gasped, “For God sake, you’ve already married!”

“I know and so does she.” Said Yonghwa calmly.

Jonghyun looked at the two people in front of him with disbelief, “How could you?”

“I love her, Jonghyun-ah… and she loves me too.” Yonghwa looked at Joohyun lovingly and Joohyun looked back at him with the same love in her eyes.

Jonghyun massaged his temple, “This is crazy.”

“Jonghyun-ah…” Yonghwa called, “I have a favor. Please… please keep this secret. Don’t tell anybody about us.”

“If you behave just like when I found you two in office, you’ll get caught even without me telling everything.” Jonghyun shook his head.

“Oh, that…” Yonghwa answered shyly, “Err, we fight back then so when we finally make it up, we’re kind of….”

“Carried away?” Jonghyun finished Yonghwa’s sentences.

“Well… yes…” Said Yonghwa.

“Hello? You’re both an adult! Not a teenagers anymore!” Said Jonghyun.

“Okay, that won’t happen anymore.” Said Yonghwa, “Now back to the topic. Please keep about our relationship as a secret. I beg you…”

Jonghyun sighed, “Well, I know that you are not happy with Bora. But I never imagine that you’ll have someone else, more over she is your secretary.”

“It’s simply because we love each other, that’s why I want to be with her. She makes me happy.” Said Yonghwa, “Please, Jonghyun-ah…”

Jonghyun looked at Yonghwa then looked at Joohyun who just silent from the start, “And you!” Said Jonghyun to Joohyun.

Joohyun gasped and looked at Jonghyun, “Yes?”

“You didn’t seduce him because of his money right?”

Joohyun gaped. That was rude! She knew Yonghwa was rich but she wasn’t looking after his money! She cared for him genuinely, “I’m sorry but Mr. Lee, I think your comment is inappropriate.”

Jonghyun smirked and leaned closer, “And why is that?”

“Your accusation is wrong! As you had heard from Yonghwa oppa, it because we love each other. As a simple as that!”

Geez! Jonghyun swore that this was the cheesiest couple that he had ever encounter. It was his fault after all. From their gesture, he knew that they loved each other. But he really wanted to assure it more. So here it was, this couple was rubbing cheese right on his face.

Jonghyun leaned on his chair again, “Very well. I’ll keep this as a secret. I won’t tell anyone about you two.”

“Thank you so much!!” Said Yonghwa and Joohyun in unison.

Jonghyun chuckled. “Well, you are welcome I think? But it doesn’t mean that I say your action is right. You both know that this affair is wrong. I completely won’t involve in every chaos you made.”

A flash of sad expression was drawn on Yonghwa and Joohyun’s face. That was a torture too for them, being in love in the wrong time and wrong situation.

“Arrasseo.” Said Yonghwa, “Once again, really thank you, Jonghyun-ah…”

 

***

 

Joohyun was walking back and forth on her living room. She already did that since she arrived at her house. Yonghwa watched her with his eyes. He was slouching on the couch while hugging a huge teddy bear doll.

“Stop and sit down will you?” Yonghwa said.

“I can’t, Oppa! I can’t!” Joohyun said full of frustration. “We are caught!”

“Jonghyun said that he will keep this secret.”

“Yes, he did! But what if he slipped? What if he tell it to other people by accident?”

“No way. I know him very well.”

“We’ve been caught once! And there will be possibility we get caught again.”

“Aniya… I’ll be careful next time.”

Joohyun stopped her step then sat beside Yonghwa, “Oppa, how come you can be relax like that? Don’t you know that I’m so worried about this? About us!”

“I trust Jonghyun.” Said Yonghwa calmly.

Joohyun sighed, “Fine.” But somehow there was still unpleasant feeling lingered in her heart. Something close to guilt.

“Good.” Yonghwa pulled her to his embrace and kissed her forehead, “You know what? I won’t let you go no matter what happen.”

Joohyun didn’t say anything. Sometimes she wondered, how Yonghwa could fulfill all of his promises despite his status and condition? There only two situation that might be happen. First, if they were not caught, they would be like this forever. Kept hiding forever. Joohyun would always be his mistress and Bora would always be his legal wife. Second, if they got caught, Joohyun had to go and away from Yonghwa’s life. To safe him and to safe her remained pride.

Joohyun shook her head. The first situation was way better than the second. She would have him but with a burden in her heart, with guilt that would be tagging along for the rest of her life. Or…. She had one more choice… she could leave… before everything too late. Left this town, left her love, left him. The imagination made her shiver. She didn’t want to go from Yonghwa. Not now, not in the million years.

“Yonghwa oppa…” She whispered and hugged him even tighter.

“Yes, Baby. I’m here.” Yonghwa answered.

God, she need to be with him. How? Would you allow it?

Joohyun released their hug then she climbed on Yonghwa’s lap. She leaned on him and crashed her lips with his, kissing him roughly. She deepen the kiss and nibbled his lower lip gently until he moaned in satisfaction. She used this opportunity to probe his mouth and danced her tongue inside his mouth. She ate his lips greedily which he accepted gladly.

Yonghwa’s hands also didn’t stand still. He roamed his hands all along Joohyun’s body. Brushing her back, squeezing her plump , kneading her round mound… just like that over and over again.

They both enjoyed the sensation and kept their y time. They had mutual feeling, mutual desire and mutual affection. They both drowning into the depth of each other heart, not willing to be saved… and drown even deeper and deeper.

Finally, they broke the kiss. Both panted so hard and tried to catch their breath. Yonghwa smiled so wide. Genuine happiness was drawn on his face. He thumbed her swollen lips gently.

“Joohyun-ah…” He called affectionately. Yonghwa kissed her forehead and hugged her again. “Argh… I hate to say this, but I have to go home. Even though I want to stay here forever.”

Joohyun hissed. She hated that too. All she wanted to do was locking him here so he couldn’t go to anywhere. Especially his house, where Bora stayed as well. But who was she to do that? Although it hurt so much, he must endured the pain.

“Arrasseo, Oppa.” She said then she got up from his lap.

Yonghwa stood up and fixed his suit. Joohyun came closer to help him fixed his hair. When he was neat enough, he grabbed his suitcase and walked to the door.

“Can’t wait for the weekend! I really want to spend it with you!” Said Yonghwa.

“Can you?” Joohyun smiled with full anticipation.

“Yes. I’ll tell Bora that I will work overtime for Busan Project.”

“Jinjja? Yeay! Really waiting for that, Oppa!” Joohyun jumped a little and pecked his lips.

Yonghwa kissed her back. “Okay, then. See you tomorrow, Baby.”

“Uhm. See you.” Said Joohyun.

Yonghwa turned his back and went out of the door. Joohyun followed him and watched him went down stairs. She waved happily when he sped by with his car. She kept looking at his car until it disappear in the end of the road. She sighed and back inside.

She stepped to her living room. She look around and wondered why her house seemed so empty? She sat on the couch and felt his scent still lingered there. Oh damn! Now she realized why she felt empty. There was no him. There was no Yonghwa. He already became the part of her life. But then again, she couldn’t have him completely.

Joohyun leaned on the couch while hugging her teddy bear doll. She closed her eyes then tears unconsciously fell on her cheek.

 

***

 

The awaited weekend was finally there. Joohyun was beyond happy that day and kept humming while working. She also kept stealing kisses on Yonghwa when they were alone and nobody there. It would be the perfect weekend. She blushed herself imagining what would they do once they were alone in her house…. In her bedroom to be exact. But it was a  long way to wait. She need to concentrate on her work first.

Joohyun back to her computer and continued her work, but she was interrupted by a man who was standing in front of her desk. Joohyun looked up and her eyes widen as she saw the visitor.

“Mr. Lee Jonghyun.” She said.

“Hi.” He said.

“Oh.. well…” Joohyun became awkward. Jonghyun was the only one who knew about her and Yonghwa after all. “Err… I’ll inform Mr. Jung that you come.”

“Mr. Jung?” Jonghyun raised his brows amusedly. He heard it right yesterday that Joohyun called Yonghwa as Yonghwa oppa not Mr. Jung.

“Well, okay… I’ll tell him now.” Said Joohyun and pick up the telephone to call Yonghwa.

“No. Before I meet him, I want to talk to you first.”

Joohyun hitched. She didn’t think this was a good sign. “Okay. Maybe we can sit down there.” Joohyun pointed at the lounge in front of Yonghwa’s office. “I’ll make some coffee…”

“No, not need coffee. It won’t be long.” Jonghyun went to the sofa then sat there comfortably.

Joohyun followed and sat across him. She just stayed silent, waiting for Jonghyun to talk.

“Well, Joohyun ssi, about your relationship with Yonghwa, are you sure?” Asked Jonghyun.

“Yes.” Joohyun said.

“Didn’t you know that you endanger his life and also his business? Now just let you think! If both of you get caught, the cooperation between Jung Corp and Yoon Corp is at stake! It wasn’t about love anymore, it’s about business and real world! And also him!”

Joohyun just bent her head low. She knew! Of course. She wasn’t stupid but well… just ignorant. “We won’t get caught.” She said.

“What a stubborn woman! Just like him! Aish, that guy always give me a headache!” Jonghyun shook his head, “Joohyun ssi, I tell you this because I care about Yonghwa. He is my friend.”

“So you forbid me to date him? You said that you won’t say anything and don’t want to involve in our problem.” Joohyun said.

Jonghyun laughed, “Yes. I will play innocent if both of you caught by someone else. But now, I just want to warn you about all the possibilities which can happen if you still continue to have relationship with him.”

Joohyun really wanted to cry. She loved him with all her life. She didn’t want to endanger him and his company, but what could she do? She didn’t want to leave him. She wouldn’t. She couldn’t.

“Well, seems that you won’t change your mind.” Said Jonghyun. He got up from the sofa and walked to Yonghwa’s office, “So, good luck then.” He said before got inside Yonghwa’s office.

Joohyun stayed at her spot, tears melted on her cheek. They wouldn’t get caught right? But how if they did? This thought came once in a while, but Joohyun always brushed it off. She always thought that her and Yonghwa would be fine. She was willing to endure the pain being a mistress as long as she got Yonghwa’s love. She would be fine. It was okay even if she was hurt, but if Yonghwa who was being hurt…. She thought she couldn’t bear it.

She leaned her head tiredly on the sofa and closed her eyes. Oh God, why now her heart started to waver? She felt unsure. What should she do?

 

***

 

At the end of the office hour, Joohyun packed her things quickly. She went inside Yonghwa’s office and found him was taking a phone call. He was standing by the window and signaling to her to wait for a while.

Joohyun nodded then locked the door. She observed his figure. Oh God, she loved this man very much! Then she walked closer and gave him a backhug. She closed her eyes and savored his warmth on her body. Would she ever could let this man go?

Yonghwa smiled when he felt Joohyun hugged him. She held her hands which was rested on his stomach while he was speaking on the phone. It took several minutes until Yonghwa ended the call and turned to her.

“Hey, Baby. Miss me so much?” He said with his usual warm smile.

Joohyun snuggled to Yonghwa’s embrace. “Uhum.” She answered shortly. There was nothing else she wanted beside being in his embrace to calm down her insecurity.

Yonghwa smiled widely and tighten his hug. He swayed their body left and right gently. Just comfortable silent and their warm body.

“Ready to go home? Or do you want to do me here?” Yonghwa asked playfully.

Joohyun snorted and hit his chest. “ert oppa.” She said.

Yonghwa chuckled, “Baby, you enjoy me being ert on you.” He leaned closer and captured her lips.

They kissed sweet and slow. Tasting and marking each other. Joohyun hugged his neck and pulled him closer which was gladly Yonghwa obliged. He bent down and ate her lips even more. His hands roamed on her back to her bottom and squeezed it there. Joohyun moaned and pressed her body more on him, grinding her core on his hard member.

This was the time when they lost themselves, ignorant about their surrounding, nobody but them. Yonghwa lifted Joohyun and carried her to sit on his desk. Joohyun spread her legs wide to make him closer to her. They kept kissing greedily. Both reluctant to let go until a knock on the door disturbed them.

“Oh holy !” Yonghwa groaned and leaned his head on her shoulder.

“Oppa! Who’s that?” Asked Joohyun frantically. She immediately went down from the desk and stood properly on the floor again.

“I don’t expect any guest tonight.” Said Yonghwa.

“Wha-what should we do?” Asked Joohyun in panic. She frantically fixed Yonghwa’s creased shirt.

“Just open the door.” Said Yonghwa.

“Are you crazy? Open the locked door where we’re just alone? People might be suspicious!” Joohyun gasped. “I’ll hide! Somewhere…”

“Just relax! Okay?” Said Yonghwa. She fixed her clothes too and brushed her hair. “Turn on my laptop, grab some documents and pretend to work on something. There, sit on the sofa.”

Joohyun nodded and did what Yonghwa asked. She grabbed random documents on his desk and  his laptop then turned it on. She sat calmly on the sofa and looked at the laptop screen even though there wasn’t anything she should do.

Yonghwa opened the door to figure it out who was the visitor at this hour. Once he opened it, he was shocked for a second then he tried to be cool as he could.

“Oh, Bora… what’s bring you here?” He asked.

“Why you lock the door anyway?” Asked Bora.

“Is it? Maybe it stuck? I should fix it then.” Said Yonghwa. “Well, I’ve told you right that I work overtime for Busan Project. I’m still working now.”

Bora looked at Yonghwa and then Joohyun who was busy with her laptop. Joohyun looked up then stood up stiffly. She managed to smile and bow to Bora.

“Oh well, yes. But can you just go home early? My parents invite us to have dinner together.” Said Bora, seems she didn’t put any suspicion.

“Tonight?” Yonghwa gaped. Oh ! Tonight he really wanted to spend it with his Joohyun! Why this sudden intrusion must be happened?

“Yup.” Bora answered.

“It’s too sudden.”

“I know, but we have to go. This is my parents who invite us, no bargaining!”

Yonghwa sighed. Damn! He couldn’t run away from this. “Okay.” Yonghwa turned to Joohyun. He flash an apologetic gaze at her, “Joohyun, just tidy up everything, we’ll continue at Monday. You may go home now.”

Joohyun nodded, “Yes, Mr. Jung.” She obediently tidy up the documents and turned off the laptop. She put it neatly on his desk. “It’s done, Mr. Jung.” She said.

“Thanks. You may go home.” Said Yonghwa. It was so hard! Pretending like that wasn’t a pleasant thing, but he need to do that. Asking her to go home alone was too much! He was used to send her home safely.

“Thank you.” Joohyun bowed. “Good night, Mr. and Mrs. Jung.” Then she left his office.

She closed the door behind her then immediately grabbed her bag. She ran away towards the elevator, pressed it open and went down immediately. Once the elevator closed, she broke into tears. She cried and cried there until she had no strength to stand up. She slumped on the floor, hitting her ache heart.

It was hurt. Really hurt badly. Looking at Yonghwa and Bora, just looking at them and couldn’t do anything. Just staring hopelessly. It hurt when Yonghwa looked at her with that gaze. He looked sad and felt sorry. She couldn’t do anything beside go away from that place.

Joohyun sobbed hard. Tears didn’t stop streaming on her cheek. She felt dizzy already and really, really exhausted. The elevator stopped and opened at the ground floor. She walked blindly to the exit door. Then her phone beeped, it was a message from Yonghwa.

 

I’m really, really sorry, Baby.

I already order taxi for you, maybe it will come in fifteen minutes.

Text me when you’ve arrived home. Take care.

Once again, sorry.

I love you.

 

Joohyun silently cried again after she read Yonghwa’s message. No. Joohyun felt that Yonghwa didn’t need to feel sorry. This was the consequence she must endure. She had no right to feel the pain. But still… it hurt and she felt utterly tired.

 

***

 

Joohyun opened her heavy eyes. She still wore her office attire, she even didn’t bother to take a bath and change her clothes. She cried and cried all night long and fell asleep due to exhaustion. Joohyun got up from the bed and looked at the empty space beside her on her bed. She traced her finger on it. It supposed to be Yonghwa who was sleeping there. With messy hair, seducing sleepy eyes, y morning voice and glorious body under the blanket. But now it was empty… as empty as her heart.

“Oppa….” She whispered.

Well, it was no use to call Yonghwa’s name. He wouldn’t come anyway. Joohyun gained her energy and went to the bathroom. She need to clean herself and a really cold shower to calm her mind.

 

Joohyun had a breakfast blankly. Everything she ate taste so bland. Usually she had playful breakfast with Yonghwa. Yonghwa… Joohyun snapped remembering something. She went to her bedroom and grabbed her phone. She found that her phone was dead. So she plugged it on the charger and turned it on. There was at least ten unread messaged from Yonghwa. He asked whether Joohyun already arrived in her house or not. He asked why she didn’t reply his messages. His apologies for not coming to her house and so on and so forth.

Joohyun looked at those messages. She knew that Yonghwa was worried about her. So he replied his messages.

 

Oppa, I’m sorry. My phone battery run out.

Just turn it on now.

I’ve arrived safely last night. Thank you.

Have a nice day. Love you.

 

Her phone rang as she sent her reply to Yonghwa. Seems that Yonghwa clutched his phone and waiting for Joohyun to call or send messages.

“Yeoboseyo?” Joohyun answered.

“Joohyun-ah, finally! You make me worried you know that?” Said Yonghwa.

“I’m sorry, Oppa. I was tired last night so I just sleep without checking my phone.”

“Joohyun-ah… really, sorry.”

“It’s okay, Oppa.”

“I couldn’t go to your house too right now.”

“It’s fine.”

“What will you do today?”

“I don’t know. Maybe just rest and sleep.”

“Joohyun-ah…”

“Yes?”

“Are you okay?”

Joohyun was silent for a while. How could she be okay? Tell how?

“I don’t know, Oppa.”

“Joohyun-ah… Baby…” There was a hint of desperation through his voice.

“It’s not good talking to me this long. Bora ssi might be suspicious. I’ll hang up. See you on Monday, Oppa.”

Joohyun immediately hang up the phone. She also turned off the phone. She didn’t want to hear his voice for now. These past days was too much! An open flirtation from Lee Jungshin, a warning from Lee Jonghyun and a presence of Yoon Bora. She need to be alone. She need time to think about all of this confusing and complicated thing.

 

***

 

“Good morning, Mr. Jung.” Said Joohyun formally. She read all Yonghwa schedule as usual, but her gesture was unusual. She was rather cold and stiff. Joohyun went away just like that after that.

This was noticed by Yonghwa as well. Since this weekend, Joohyun acted weird. After their phone call on Saturday morning, Yonghwa couldn’t reach her. She turned off the phone and didn’t contact him all day long.

He got up from his seat and grabbed her elbow, “Joohyun-ah, wait!”

Joohyun turned to him but didn’t talk anything.

“What’s wrong with you? Am I doing something wrong?” Asked Yonghwa.

How funny his question was. They both knew that they do something wrong by keeping their relationship despite the current situation.

“No.” Joohyun answered flatly.

“So tell me what’s wrong?!” Yonghwa held Joohyun’s shoulder with both hands, feeling frustrated already.

Joohyun just looked at Yonghwa. She was afraid. She was reluctant. What else could she do?

“I-i… I’ll back to my desk.” Joohyun released his firm grip on her. She wanted to escape. She couldn’t bear it anymore. She ran away before Yonghwa could catch her again.

 

***

 

For the rest of the day, Joohyun tried hard to concentrate to her work. Her mind was flying to something else. Once in while she would space out. She shook her head and back to her work again. She took a glance at the clock and it showed twelve o’clock straight. She wasn’t feeling like eating lunch for now.

Yonghwa’s office door opened. Lee Jungshin appeared from inside the office. Joohyun stood and bowed at Jungshin.

“Hey.” Jungshin greeted.

“Anyeong haseyo, Mr. Lee.”

“Why so formal? Anyway, would you like to have lunch together?”

“Well…” Actually Joohyun didn’t want to accept it, but once she saw Yonghwa went out from the office she immediately change her mind. “Okay, then.”

Yonghwa frowned and looked angry. Joohyun didn’t want to see Yonghwa at that time. She seriously didn’t want to face him. She was too coward.

“Shall we go now?” Asked Joohyun.

Jungshin nodded gleefully. All he knew was Joohyun accept his offer and he was beyond happy. There was no suspicion even the slightest to Yonghwa who stared at Joohyun so sharply and Joohyun who avoided Yonghwa frantically.

Joohyun and Jungshin left and went down by elevator. The next thing happened was Yonghwa turned his body, entered his office again and banged the door hard.

 

***

 

Jungshin talked animatedly while they were having lunch. Joohyun just looked at her lunch blankly. She didn’t eat anything, yet Jungshin kept blabbering about himself. He wasn’t care for Joohyun for real. There was only man that filled her mind. Jung Yonghwa. But then again she sighed.

“Mr. Lee…” Joohyun called.

Jungshin stopped his blabber, “Yes?”

“I know your intention on me. So let me make this straight. I can’t accept you.” Said Joohyun honestly.

Jungshin gaped, “Well… just can’t you give me a chance?”

Joohyun shook her head, “I love someone else and I won’t love anyone but him.”

Yes. She loved that man, the man that she couldn’t have forever.

Jungshin just looked at Joohyun in awe. He didn’t think that he will accept that blatant rejection. Joohyun got up from her seat, bowed to Jungshin and left.

 

***

 

At the end of the office hour, Joohyun became restless even more. She promised to herself that she would settled everything today. She couldn’t live like this anymore. She took a deep breath and exhale it slowly then got up to face Yonghwa in his office room.

Suddenly, his office door opened. Yonghwa looked at Joohyun. His gaze was indescribable. There were sadness, guilt, anger and longing.

“Joohyun-ah, come. We need to talk.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun nodded and walked inside his office room. Yonghwa closed the door and locked it. He faced Joohyun and immediately hugged her tight.

Joohyun closed her eyes. God! She was weak if he was being like this. She really wanted to hugged him back but she wouldn’t.

“I think of you this whole day that I think I’ll go crazy.” Said Yonghwa. He released his hug and looked at Joohyun straight on the eye.

Joohyun looked back at him. She took a deep breath. Before she lost her guts, she finally said this in one breath. “Oppa, let’s end this. Let’s broke up.”

“What?!” Yonghwa gaped, “Neo micheosseo?”

She shook her head, “I can’t do this anymore.”

“Why?” Yonghwa growled in anger, “Tell me why?!” he finally shouted in anger.

“I can’t, Oppa! I’m leaving in fear that I will be caught having an affair with you! I don’t want to ruin your life! We are a mistake from the start, Oppa! A big mistake!!”

“I never thought our love is a mistake!” Said Yonghwa.

“Enough, Oppa!”

“Or is it because Lee Jungshin? You find someone better than me? I saw you accept his offer this afternoon.”

“No. It’s not that!!”

“So why? I can’t understand you!! We’re okay back then but why now you are like this?”

“I’ve said it, Oppa! I can’t leave like this anymore! I’m tired!”

“Tired? You are tired of me?” Yonghwa asked her in disbelieve.

Joohyun just stay silent. She didn’t answer. A tears finally escaped from her beautiful eyes.

“I won’t let you go! Remember that!”

“It just make both of us suffer! You’ve married, Oppa!”

“I’M NOT ING CARE ABOUT THAT!!”

“I CARE!!”

Yonghwa stared at Joohyun in shock. He couldn’t believe that his relationship with Joohyun turned out this way. He thought they were okay. He thought they could make it despite their condition.

“Please, Oppa. Just let me go. Let this go and live our life like it used to be.” Joohyun already cried a river that moment. She couldn’t talk anything more. It really drain her energy. Before Yonghwa said anything, she turned and ran away.

 

She ran to the toilet and cried hard. She escaped a strangled sob. That done. She let him go. It must be like this from the start. She felt that she already do thing right. She loved him, so she did all of this.

Joohyun looked at her reflection on the mirror. She even couldn’t recognize herself. There, a lifeless woman, eyes red and cheeks wet by tears.

“Joohyun-ah, you can through this… you can through this…” She chanted.

She washed her face and made her appearance presentable. She grabbed her bag and decided to go home.

She walked slowly to the lobby and stopped her step when she saw Yonghwa walked furiously to the exit door. She hide from him as she watched him go. Her heart really hurt when she saw him like that. But she had to do this for their own good.

After she was sure that Yonghwa already gone, she went out from her hiding place. She walked out and found that was raining hard. She remember that there was umbrella in her drawer on her desk. So she decided to went up again to take her umbrella.

It was already dark and silent on her office floor. She immediately grabbed her umbrella. When she was about to went down, the phone was ringing. Joohyun frowned. It was weird. Who was the one calling Jung Corp in this late night? But Joohyun picked it up anyway.

“Jung Corporation, can I help you?” Asked Joohyun to whoever on the line.

“This is from Seoul National Hospital. CEO Jung Corp, Mr. Jung Yonghwa now in ER unit. He had a car accident.”

Joohyun felt she was dreaming. She couldn’t feel strength on her body anymore. She slumped on the floor and tears already streaming down her cheek.

“Yonghwa oppa…” She whispered.

 

To be continued~

 


 

hi! this is meluvyuya!

it's been a while... kkk

i'm sorry for late update. hope you still remember this story. kekeke.

it's new year already! hope we have a great year ahead!

well, this is all for me...

see you around :))