Big brother is watching us

VVIP journey

The night fell and we rested on a motel, this time I did things right. I paid for it. My mom will kill me for using the college’s money but it worth every slap my mom could gave me.

 We drove for all morning until arrive to the concert area. VICTORY.

 We found a snack bar and went for a nice lunch.

 

Author pov

 

Alexa’s phone rang and she felt that something wasn’t right when saw her mom’s ID.

 - Where are you? – Her mom asked mad.

 - Living.

 - I can’t believe what you just did. Return right back home… I swear you’ll be on detention for the rest of your life. You never disappointed me this much.

 Her voice was full of angriness and disappointment. Alexa’s eyes teared up. She was tired of being a disappointment for her mom, and was tired that her mom never support her in her decisions.

- I’m fine mom and I’ll come home when I finish what I started.

- If you don’t return in this right moment, forget the way back to this house.  – She shouted.

 - Take care of my brother and don’t forget to kiss him goodnight.

 Alexa hung up the phone and took the battery out. Her heart was so small but she smiled, Rae couldn’t find out.

 

Too late, in the news there were their faces. For the community they were criminal on a run.

- Police are after us. – Rae said in panic.

- Aish, they chose the wrong pics. – Alexa commented looking at the tv. Inside she was worried abut Rae but just tried to brush it away.

 - are you stupid? This is serious. – Rae almost shouted and in that, right moment she felt like everybody of the snack bar was looking at her.

- Let’s go.

 Leaving the money on the table the friends tried to run away out of there but two police officers were near the car.

 Fast thinking like Alexa is, held Rae’s hands and walked away.

 :::

 

- I knew getting into this adventure with you was a mistake. – Rae shouted. Angry tears showed up in her eyes but she continued. – Run from police is something big that we’ll not be able to escape.

  - Maybe this time will look at me.

 - You did this because of your dad? – Rae shouted again.

 - No! I did this because of us.

 - Because of us? Because of you. You always do things because of you.

 - you’re being unfair. – Alexa said getting mad at Rae.

 - What about me then? Hum? Did you thought about my future?

 - I’m sorry. – Alexa said looked away.

- My parents must be so mad that didn’t called me, I bet I’m dead for them. – Rae was about to cry and Alexa bit her lower lip.

- A..Actually I blocked their calls…

- WHAT?

- No one could ruining this time and I was afraid that if your parents called, you‘d give up.

- WHAT? Are you insane? Destroying lives because a stupid concert? You’re so unconscious. I’ll lose everything and is your entire fault.

 Those words hurted a lot Alexa. How could Rae said it was just a stupid concert. Did she forgot what happened in the day they met?

 Alex never felt like a light in anybody’s life instead she always feels like a wrecking ball and seeing Rae being wrecked by her, killed her.

 Rae turned her back leaving Alexa alone.

 

 

Alexa’s pov

I was alone just like I was after meeting Rae. She was a light in my life and made me feel special by standing on my side after I mess up so much but I just ended up destroying her as well. She was right, it was all my fault and because of this, the college she wanted to attend will not accept her.

 I thought that I could be loved but I was just fooling myself. No one will ever love me, I’m a mess. If it wasn’t because of me, my mom would have a better life and my dad would never left her. He just married her because she was pregnant of me. I was an accident, and like an accident, I was born.

 

 I typed my mom’s number and she picked it up right away.

- Are you coming?

 Alexa started crying when heard her mom’s voice.

- I’m sorry mom.

 Silence. Her mom felt her heart crushing down hearing her daughter crying in pain.

- It’s ok, just come back home safe. We’ll resolve this together.

- I have no money.

 Once again silence while her mom was trying to control her anger.

- I’ll pick you up. I’ll find a way.

 Alexa was now sobbing. She really needed someone to rescue her and save her from herself, but was tired of doing wrong.

- No mom. I’ll find a way. I put myself into this and I’ll resolve this. I’m so sorry for being such a person and perturbing you. Forgive me mom.

 Her mom was now crying for hearing Alexa’s broken heart.

- Honey..

- After this I’ll attend college like you want me to do and make you proud of me… Bye mom, I love you.

 

 I felt like a soul ripper walking in this city. Head down, heavy soul and ripped heart. Without Rae’s hand, I couldn’t face the world.

 In my miserable thoughts I heard my stomach screaming for food. Looking inside my wallet, I found no money.