Chapter 7

Love-o-Sparks { HIATUS }

Chapter 7

A helping hand and Second night "

I'm so pissed off right now. I typed everything and finished this chapter, but the when I clicked Save Changes the Connection was lost. Ugh! ><

But! I'm still here, and I'll type it once again. *breaths in, breaths out*

Here's a long chapter to make it up to you guys for not being able to update for so long.

Don't forget to Comment - Upvote - Subscribe since they're much appreciated. 

chanxlen

 

For lunch, the workers students had fried tofu and grilled mackarel, courtesy of Nana. As usual, its the most deicious since its a homecooked meal. They were given two hours for lunch and it includes the resting time. The oldest team had almost filled Nana's wood storage so a few more chopping and carrying and then they're done. The youngest team had also almost finished with harvested ripe crops.

 

"Hyung, I wonder if we can eat a whole watermelon by ourselves." Hyuk said on their way back to the green house.

 

"Hyuk-ah, why do you keep talking about watermelons?" Hongbin chuckled. Ever since lunchtime, the younger babbled things all about watermelons. How big could they get, if he could eat the seeds or fry them, how much would they cost if he sells them.. just generally all about watermelons.

 

"But hyung! Watermelons are heavenly!" the youger whined.

 

"Arasso, arasso. We'll ask Nana if we could have some after work, so calm down now okay?" Hongbin smiled.

 

"Aye sir!"

 

During lunchm Hakyeon occupied himself in helping Jaehwan and Hongbin.. plus Hyuk. Giving them tissues, water bottles and making sure they eat everything including scary green vegetables.

 

After spending hours with Taekwoon this morning, Hakyeon had learned that the shiny black haired male listens well even though he doesn't really react and so, on their way back to work, Hakyeon unleashed his talkative side, babbling all he wanted to Taekwoon.

 

"And there was this one time when Jaehwan swallowed a cherry seed and then Hongbin said a cherry tree might grow inside his stomach, Jaehwan was so nervous that he ran to the bathroom and tried to poop it out. It took him almoost three hours until he finally got rid of it!" Hakyeon laughed by himself, remembering the times. What a really funny memory.

 

"Its funny, right?" Hakyeon looked at the other questioningly but only getting an expressionless nod from Taekwoon. Hakyeon didn'y mind though and so, he started to babble again, "And also.. There was this-- whoa!"

 

Taekwoon looked at the cheerful male who just fell on his on the plain ground. His eyes widened for a moment and asked, "Are you okay?"

 

"Yea, my hurts a bit but I guess I'm fine." he answered. "Won't you help me?" he asked after.

 

The other only looked at him, confused. "Why?"

 

The other black haired boy's mouth fell open and formed an O shape, "Because I'm hurt!" he whined.

 

"But you said you're fine."

 

Hakyeon's mouth widened even more, "Just help me up already!" he whined once again and so Taekwoon helped him up.

 

"Next time, when people fell on their butts when you're with them, help them right away after asking them if they're alright." Hakyeon demanded while dusting his pants off.

 

"Why help them if they say they're alright?"

 

"Just do it!" The older whined and pouted. Hakyeon couldn't understand, varsity players should be smart to pass their academics to stay and keep playing on the school's basketball team.

 

But why did Taekwoon looked dumb just now?

 

After lunch, Wonsik and Jaehwan went back to the well. Honestly, they only filled two drum containers in almost 2 hours and most of the work was done by Wonsik himself since Jaehwan was just... a baby.A baby because he can't even carry a bucket filled with water without splashing most of it on the ground. It made Wonsik more tirred and also annoyed to the bone. On their way, the dark red haired male suddenly became clumsy and fell on a rocky area.

 

"AH!" he groaned in pain, twisting his ankles.

 

Jahewan quickly ran to him with worried looks. "W-Wonsik-ah, are you alright?"

 

"Am I alright? Do you think I'm ing alright?" the younger pushed Jaehwan away and groaned in pain again, cursing under his breath.

 

"I-I'm sorry.."

 

"How are we gonna finish all this now. Ugh." he groaned.

 

"I-I'll do it. Don't worry." Jaehwan said with determination.

 

"You can't even carry a bucket full of water, how are you gonna finish the work alone stupid." Wonsik only shook his head.

 

Jaehwan helped Wonsik sit beside the well and after that, the older immediately started to fetch water and after filling two of them, he tried to carry two filled buckets. Why is he trying so hard to work when they can obviously call for help from the others, from Yongguk or even from Himchan, why didn't he? Wonsik thought.

 

The dark red haired male watched as the older made a fool of himself spilling almost everything from the two buckets on the ground and on this pants too. Wonsik shook hishead again. That's just stupid as heck.

 

"These are the last baskets hyung. Let's get them inside already." Hyuk said and smiled at the older.

 

"Really?! At last! Ugh, I'm beat." Hongbin stood up and stretched his cramped limbs from all the sitting and picking crops almost all afternoon. He picked up the basket and carried them to Nana's with Hyuk.

 

"Be strong, Binnie!" Hyuk chuckled and stretched for a bit also.

 

Once all set inside Nana's cottage, the younger poked Hongbin's sides, "Hyung, hyung. Ask Nana already!" he whispered.

 

"Ah, right! The watermelons." Hongbin chuckled, "Arasso, arasso. Let's ask her together okay?"

 

They headed to the kitchen and  and saw Nana cutting watermelons. "Nana! You're cutting watermelons!" Sanghyuk exclaimed with eyes sparkling almost as if shiny bright things were coming out from his eyes.

 

"Yes, yes I am. Here, have some." Nana smiled and ushered them to take the cut fruits.

 

Hyuk and Hongbin could only grin.

 

Its been almost an hour ever since Jaehwan started to work alone, fetching water by himself, carrying them by himself and he only managed to fill half of the container. Beside the well, Wonsik was sitting with his headphones on but of course its only for props. Deep inside, he wass laughing by the other's foolishness and childishness but when he saw Jaehwan carrying those buckets and spilling water on himself, his heart was a teeny tiny bit tugged. But he can't do anything to help with a sprained ankle.

 

"What the hell are you doing Lee Jaehwan?!" Hakyeon suddenly showed up with Taekwoon slowly following right behind him, carrying their last batch of chopped woods and saw Jaehwan working alone.

 

"I'm finishing our work hyung." Jaehwan simply answered like it was the most normal thing in the world.

 

"Are you nuts? Why are you doing the work alone? Where is Wonsik? Is he bullying you and threaten you to do this? He should be helping you!" Hakyeon naged before dropping the woods and rushed to help Jahewan.

 

"He sprained his ankle hyung. There was no threatening and bullying. I made him sait down." Jaehwan pointed on the side of the well.

 

"Hi." Wonsik greeted awkwardly when Hakyeon laid his eyes on him.

 

"Don't 'Hi' me. You're supposed to call Yongguk leader of Himchan-nim when you're injured." he nagged again and checked on him, slightly applying a bit of pressure on the younger's foot who winced at the sudden pain.

 

"Does it hurt so bad? Sorry."

 

As the oldest attended to Wonsik, bandaging his sprained ankle, Taekwoon helped Jaehwan and carried the buckets Jaehwan already filled with water. Deep inside, Jaehwan was really thankful but he couldn't express it since he was a bit scared of the other's facial expression or rather expressionless face. If only he can magically be as string as incredible hulk then he could carry even all four buckets perfectly but no. He felt useless and blamed himself for the injury his partner got but even though he's feeling down, he continued to fetch water. Soon enough, Hakyeon helped also and in an hour they completed filling the containers.

 

"Ah, i'm so tired." Hakyeon said before collapsing on the ground.

 

And just on cue, Hongbin and Hyuk appeared with two plated of fresh watermelons. "Wow hyung. You look so dead!" Hongbin managed to say when he saw Hakyeon full of sweat.

 

"Thanks a lot Binnie." Hakyeon responded sarcastically.

 

"Hyung! What happened? You good?" Sanghyuk ran towards Wonsik when he saw  the other's bandaged foot.

 

"Here hyung, have some watermelons." Hongbin offered.

 

"Nana was so nice. She even cut it up fro us. Have some hyung." Hyuk also offered the others.

 

Jaehwan hurriedly took the two biggest pieces and sat down beside Wonsik, giving him one piece of the refreshing fruit which the younger accepted and thanked him.

 

"I'm sorry because of me you sprained your ankle." he apologized and looked at the younger with an apologetic look.

 

"Yeah, 'cause you're stupid." he responded and went back to eating.

 

"That's why I said I'm sorry." he pouted and whispered to himself. Wonsik saw and heared him though.