Chapter 5

Memoirs from the Past

Chapter 5

 

Well what a waste of time! Nothing. These history books had nothing important to what I was looking for! Sure, I was looking for information about Libra, which I did find some information on, most of it being knowledge that I already did know, but in all honesty, I wanted to know more in depth about this Academy, the Original 12, and what was up with P-Goon’s group. Being in the history section was just a cover up, really. Closing the last book where I thought I could find at least some information, I noticed that it was getting dark outside and most of the students that were in the library were gone.

“Damn, and I thought this would help me.” I sighed as I got up and put away the book.

Looking over at the end of the library, there was a door and behind the glass windows, there was one lonely section of books. Above the door it read “Biographies”. I tilted my head and went over to look through the windows towards the restricted section. It was dark and there seemed to be a number pad on the door. This section must be really protected and private towards minors.

“What are you doing?” I heard the librarian’s voice behind me.

I jumped back from the windows and turned her way. “Oh, I was just seeing how many books were in there. I…I might need a biography book for one of my classes.”

“I’m sorry, but that’s impossible. You aren’t a senior yet.” The librarian shook her head. “That’s a good try, though. If you ever need anything look in the hi-”

“I did and found nothing.” I said a little bluntly.

She looked a little taken back by my tone and choice of words. Instead of helping me, she gave me a sad look. “Well, I’m sorry then. You might as well search it up on the internet.”

With that, she her heel and walked away, going back towards her desk. Well, that didn’t go the way I planned it. In the corner of my eye, I saw P-Goon at one of the computers from the entrance. On the screen was the project that we had to do. Well, well, well, he was actually doing something! P-Goon rolled up his sleeve and looked at his watch, shortly after he turned off the computer and headed out the door, nodding towards the librarian. Luckily he didn’t see me or I know he would’ve had a conniption of some sort. Turning back to the door, I made sure that the librarian was out of sight as I looked at the key pad. Squinting my eyes, I could start to see which numbers were used the most. I only had one shot to do this. If I use the wrong combination, it could go off and alarms would set for all I knew. Taking a deep breath, I started to type in the numbers. My hands were shaking and it didn’t help it when I could feel my hand to burn up again from the stinging of Element practice. It was scanning the code and with a ding and a green light, an unlocking noise echoed lightly in the room. I opened up the door and, with no light, I started to search the shelves as best as I could read them. Luckily for me, someone left their empty shoulder bag in here. Well, this will help me. What was up with most of these books? They had no titles on their spines…they looked old and worn out. I spotted the thickest one, grabbed it carefully making sure that nothing falls out and the binding won’t be ruined. The cover was brown and it smelled of a basement. Ignoring the smell, I stuffed it into the bag and left the room; wouldn’t want anyone to find a minor in there! I closed the door, an automatic lock echoed again in the room, and I hurried out the library door. And as I made my way, I thought I saw someone else in the library, but I left in such a rush that I didn’t get the chance to see if there was anyone there. I made my way towards my dorm building with no problem, considering that the students were back in their dorm rooms…at least they should’ve been. Sue greeted me with a big smile as I entered the building.

“Ah, Trinity, nice to see you after your first day.” She said. “How was it?”

“It was…” I stopped and thought of some of the drama that happened, but I decided not to tell that. Had to stay positive somehow, right? “Nice. I learned several new things today, especially in History class.”

“Oh…” Sue trailed off while she looked nervous, looking to the side. “I heard about what happened to Mrs. Port already. Don’t think it’s your fault, Trinity. We’re all curious now and again. It was her own fault for telling, not you.”

“Thank you for understanding,” I smiled.

“What happened to your hand?” She asked, but then a gasp came out. “You got an Element! By the looks of it, it was one of more painful ones, I can tell.”

“Yeah, it hurt, a lot.” I said examining my wrapped hand. “Who knew that Air wouldn’t be a breeze?” A laugh came out of Sue, but then she tilted her head as she finally saw the handbag over my shoulder.

“What’cha got there?” She asked raising her head to see it better.

“Oh, this?” Damn, I forgot that I didn’t have anything with me this morning! “I found it and thought I could just use it for today.”

Ok, so that was kind of a lie, and I hated to lie. “Ok, well, we do have a lost and found box here,” she lifted up a box that was filled with miscellaneous objects. I tightened my grip and shook my head.

“Just for tonight, I’ll bring it back I promise!” I nodded my head.

“Alright,” She put the box down. “I’ll remind you tomorrow. My time is almost up and I can finally go home. I’ll see you in the morning.”

I nodded as I made my way towards the elevator and went up to the third floor. My hands were itching to open up the book that I…well, “stole”. It had information that could possibly answer all of my questions and then some! As soon as I got to my floor, I fled towards my room, detaching the key from my necklace, I opened up the door and entered my room, to notice that not only was my bed made, but the flower that Hojoon gave me was now sitting next to the un-melted ice rose that Hansol gave me. The daisy, sitting upright in the vase filled with water, had a little piece of folded paper with my name written in fancy handwriting. Putting the bookbag on my bed, I went over and read what the paper said.

“Trinity,” I started to read, “this was hard as hell to get back to your room; Seogoong was almost everywhere I was when I was trying to bring it back, but here it is. I see how much it means to you, but what surprises me is that you still have the flower I gave you…why? God, Sue is such a hard person to get through! Anyway, I got it back to you, didn’t I? I’ll be expecting a Thank You later. Yours, Hansol.”

Mine? How is he mine? Well, considering how his personality is and his style of flirting…yeah, now I understood why he put that. But why did I still have his ice rose? Was it because I thought it was pretty? Or perhaps because it was a gift that was given to me the first day, er…night that I’ve been here? There was no denying that it was a display of affection, though. That’s what roses are used for, right? Putting the note away, I brought the daisy over to my little balcony and put it on the ground, to gather what was the remaining sunlight before it fully set. And now it was time to get down to business. I went back into my room and removed the big book from the bag and placed it on top of my vanity. It was starting to get dark outside, so I decided to turn on the little lamp that was sitting on top. With the light on, I could see the top of the book clearly. The word “Memoirs” was embedded into the top of the leather cover. The text was plain and simple, nothing fancy.

“Well, this is now or never.” I whispered to myself as I opened up to the first page.

We have had major success since we opened up Star Academy. Although, the other members don’t like the ideas of how this school is being run. I am the leader, and I make the final decisions. Of course, being the leader, I considered some of the other ideas that were given. Kaalud, being the Libra of the group, found it fair, at least that’s what it looks like; he had other plans for the Academy at the start, which I didn’t like at all. After long fights and arguments between all 12 of us, we succeeded in the end. I have managed to get over 100 students in a month when I first started. And now, three months later, we have over 500 students attending. It’s such a great thing; to find students who possess the type of powers that we have. This Academy will help them control their powers for the greater good. I have to have a talk with Vandenis when I plan on going back to the outside world to gather more students. So far, we had the students test their Element and Zodiac sign on the Odilem. It hasn’t failed us yet as far as finding out their Element and Zodiac. But, if we did have a student who didn’t or couldn’t possess their powers, we would have to erase their memory and send them back to the outside world.

It’s a difficult task, but we will do it if we ever have to. So far, all of the students have shown signs of having some powers. Ah, this might be boring to read, I guess I can go on and talk about the other members. Let’s start with my best friend and the one I’m closest to; Vandenis. Although a Water possessor and Aquarius sign, we balance each other out, although you would think that would be Kaalud’s job being a Libra and all. He’s my sidekick, companion, you name it; although he’s with the other group of Water and Air possessors. He follows my every order, he even adds on to my ideas. It’s like we have the same mind in some ways. Some of the other members, Leon and Nyilas especially, envy him because they don’t really get along with him or the other Water possessors. And then there’s the two mischief’s in the group; Rapu and Vissen. Whenever I’m not around, I make sure that either an Krug or Neitsi are always with them. They must feel burdened, but they have to be looked after.

I skipped a couple of pages, heading to the middle of the book. I would love to know more about the Original 12, but now my mind was wracking to see if there was any information about that boy that Mrs. Port talked about in History class. My eyes scanned the pages and as I was finding out any information, a bad feeling hit my stomach…as if someone is going to find out that I have this book. But I kept on reading.

Well, this was an interesting month. After coming back from the outside world to bring in our last group of students, we stumbled upon a very interesting case. A girl doesn’t know her birthday. But the Odilem did it again, and said that she is a Scorpio/Sagittarius cusp! This is the first time that we ever had a student come her born under two different signs! Her name is Clara and she is probably the most beautiful girl that I’ve ever seen. Since she is the first one being a cusp, we kept a close eye on her to see how she will handle two Elements at a time. The other members think that I’ve grown close to her, but that’s only because I have to.

Vandenis keeps telling me to just make her part of the group, but I can’t make her an official member. I was thinking of making her our assistant, considering how close she is to me, er, us. Clara is also the only student that is our age, making her the oldest student that we had to date. It’s amazing that I didn’t find her in my other searches for students. So far she can control Water better than Fire, but lately she’s been getting lessons from Leon, Nyilas, and I to help her with the Fire element. I feel bad for her because Fire is probably the worst element to use at first. We have to keep bandaging her hands to stop the burning sensation. Jarac is working on growing some aloe with his own powers for Clara to use. I have to remind myself to check to see how that is going.

 Another interesting thing is that it’s almost the end of December; that means the start of a new year next week. And another year passing means another year of this Academy being together. I’m so thankful towards everyone in our group, although we don’t get along; I still call them my family. We have our fights here and there, but that’s ok; families always fight. And to the later generations that are from our group reading this, you will be in charge of this school once you graduate. And if not all of you are the same age, just keep them close to the group and inform them of anything in this diary.

Clara…why did that name sound familiar to me? And what is this Odilem that he keeps talking about? Obviously it helps people know about their element and sign…maybe it would help me! But if it was still working…wouldn’t someone take me there to see what I am? Or even Hojoon? It seemed important to have, especially during the start of the Academy. Maybe they don’t have it anymore?

Interesting… This might be the last time that we use the Odilem. A new student that I have gathered for my last run doesn’t know his birthday. But…the Odilem can’t search anything for him. It’s confused and couldn’t give us an Element or Zodiac. His name is Marikan and he’s a few years younger than us. Clara, who is now our assistant, thinks that he could be like her. It’s weird how the Odilem doesn’t know this boy’s sign. It worked with every other student that we had so far. So it has been decided; the Odilem will not be testing students from this day on.

There’s potential in this boy; that I know of for sure. I’ll let him try an Element for a month tops, then we’ll see what will go on from there. He seems like he could do it. When I first met him, he seemed confused, not knowing what was going on or where he was going. Marikan looked like he needed the help, though. It looked as if there was something in him that needed to get out. And that’s why I took him here. But…joining the group? Yes, I have thought about him joining the group. Me, personally, don’t see anything wrong, Kaalud won’t like it, knowing that it will throw all of us off, but Vandenis agrees with me; Marikan might be able to help us move on for the Academy. He also has made a strong connection towards Jarac; they seem to be the best of friends right now.

And this got me thinking that he might be a Taurus or Leo. They have good compatibility towards each other, or he could be a Capricorn himself. I gave him the first Element that he is going to try; Earth, which is one of the nicer Elements to start out with. Classes for him start tomorrow. I, myself, will look after him, having another teacher fill in for the class that I teach.

Wait, this is all making a clear connection to what is happening in the present. Both Clara and I didn’t know our Zodiac signs, but obviously she found out from that Odilem; Hojoon and Marikan are basically the same, too. What if history is starting to repeat itself? Well, it could be a what if; P-Goon just finds me annoying instead of interesting…and he surely isn’t showing any signs of affection, just like Ovan was towards Clara. He must’ve been a different leader than that of P-Goon. But, if Ovan was a different Zodiac sign than P-Goon, then shouldn’t the leader of the group be that born under the same sign? More. I needed to know more. I skipped more pages and when I saw sloppy handwriting, that’s when I stopped and started to read.

He’s crazy… Just when I came back from the last mission about a myth that Marikan told me about, I came back to the Academy with an injured Clara and injured members. The members told me that he used his newly developed powers against them… What powers did he develop when I was away?! They told me that they attacked them and he almost critically injured Clara. I’m furious at him! They locked him up in one of the rooms that we have hidden in the basement. Jarac is now working on making a lot of healing plants and aloe to help with the injuries. I visited Marikan in the room and he was saying things that didn’t make sense to me. Marikan wants to take over everything…he said that he can make everything between us better and safer. I don’t trust him. He used his own powers against us! And whatever powers he developed are strong…and unnatural! He is now a threat to the Academy and to us…everybody.

There had to be more. This was what Mrs. Port told us in History class. Before I could look for more information, my ears started to take in everything that was happening.

“…inity!” I heard something in the distance. And when I meant distance, I meant right behind my door. I didn’t notice how far I was into the diary as I came back towards reality and I could hear a ruckus outside my door. Standing cautiously, I could see the knob on my door frantically twisting.

“You can’t come in here!” Sue?! Panicked, I quickly closed the book and shoved it into my drawer when my door burst open to…P-Goon?! Sue was right behind him as if she was out of breath.

“You’re not allowed in here!” She said.

“I am the leader, aren’t I?” He asked.

“P-Goon? What are you doing here?” I asked as my heart was racing, hoping that he didn’t see me putting the book away.

“Student check.” He said as he entered more into my room.

I took several steps back, trying to cover the bag that was lying out on top of my bed and when he tilted his head, Sue decided to interrupt.

“I’m sorry, but what happened that you need a student check?! Student check hasn’t happened in years!” Sue shouted, trying to knock some sense in him.

“What the hell is a student check?!” I asked in anger.

“It’s where student’s have to be checked.” P-Goon gave a blunt answer.

“Well, thank you captain obvious,” I rolled my eyes.

“But what happened?! I demand to know!” Sue shouted.

He smirked and turned his head towards her, and when he did, I quickly knocked the bag over and kicked it underneath my bed. “Because…” P-Goon turned his head back towards me, and I could swear that the dark circles underneath his eyes grew a little since the last time that I saw him, either that or his bangs were hanging lower. “One of the books from the restricted section is missing. Mrs. Janet didn’t see anyone go in or go out with a book. Either a teacher took one…or a student who is a minor stole it.”

“How could you not see someone taking a book from the restricted section?!” Sue argued. “They would have to get through the code first!”

“Don’t act like I don’t know that.” He sneered.

“Geez, this Academy doesn’t even have any security cameras around here?” I whispered hoping that he didn’t hear me.

“Don’t start giving me ideas,” he warned. “Although that doesn’t sound like a bad idea… Wow for once you think of something good.”

God, P-Goon, would you stop with the attitude and just go to bed or something?!” Sue sighed. “It’s past my working hours and I need to go home!”

“Would you like to keep your job?!” He warned. Sue kept quiet and lowered her head. “I thought so… So, the book, where is it?”

I kept my cool as he was walking around my room. I couldn’t risk my stay here, although I already did earlier by asking him all kinds of questions.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I lied to him.

“She doesn’t have a book! She’s just a minor, there is no way she would know the password to enter the room!” Sue yelled at him. She really didn’t want him in here, and I don’t blame her.

“Would you just shut up?! You don’t know that!” He yelled back at her. It was meant to scare her, but she stood her ground.

“Hey! That’s not the right way to treat someone!” I said in disbelief that he actually told her to shut up! But they just kept fighting, P-Goon was ignoring me as if I wasn’t even in the same room.

“She’s a minor!” She argued.

“She’s curious!” He yelled back. “Curiosity never leads anyone anywhere good!”

“But look where that got Clara!” Sue shouted.

“Don’t bring the past into the present!” P-Goon put his hands to his hair and entangled his hair in-between his fingers. I could see the look of stress and rage on P-Goon’s face. I could only imagine what he’s been going through since I came here…

“I am the owner of this dorm building, and, just like you said, only students of the opposite gender can visit before classes.” She took a deep breath, as if her job was on the line, and to be honest, it was; she was going against the leader. “It’s not before classes, it’s after.”

“And what would the difference be if it was in the morning and at night?” He asked raising an eyebrow. “It’s our rules; we can bend them if we wanted to. I’m the leader; I get to do what I wish.”

Ok, well, maybe Ovan and P-Goon weren’t that far off from each other.

“It wouldn’t surprise me if she does have it!” P-Goon pointed to me.

“Would you stop pointing fingers?!” I asked as I pushed his hand away, making it fall to his side. “I don’t have it!”

P-Goon hesitated from walking forward and stood still for a minute. “Whatever, I’ll find it either way.”

“Are you sure that it just didn’t fall on the floor?” Sue suggested.

“It’s a big book the size of a dictionary!” P-Goon said. “If it was on the floor, I would have tripped over it or even see it if it was on the floor!”

“Wouldn’t mind seeing that…” I whispered.

I’m surprised that he didn’t say anything when I said that, but P-Goon glared at me as he turned around and pushed passed Sue, leaving my room. I’m surprised my heart wasn’t blasting out of my chest, it was beating so loud. Doors could be heard opening and closing throughout the hallway as we heard the elevator being used. Sue came into my room and checked me to see if I was ok.

“Look, everything’s going to be ok.” She smiled.

I nodded and smiled. “Thanks.”

“But…you don’t really have it, do you?” Sue asked.

I bit my lip as I turned around to my vanity. I put my hand on the drawer and gripped the knob. Sue seemed like someone I can trust and it felt like she wouldn’t ever tell on me.

“Can you close the door, please?” I asked her. She looked at me nervously as she closed the door and came to stand near me.

“Trinity…” She started.

“Please don’t tell…” I said as I opened up the drawer. Her eyes went wide, but she didn’t run back to the door to chase after P-Goon. I grabbed the book and put it on top of the vanity. Sitting in the chair, I put my hand to my forehead for doing such a stupid move.

“I would never tell…” Sue picked up the heavy book and was hesitant to open it and look through its pages. She didn’t even open up the front cover. “But…how did you…”

“I could see the code on the keyboard.” I began. “I could see which numbers were used the most and I guessed. Sue, I had to know more than what I was being taught!”

“Alright, well from that information, you have chosen Air as your Element. Trinity, it’s your first day here! Of course you won’t learn a whole lot on your first day!” She said as she set the book back in my lap. “And I’m guessing you used that bag to bring it in here?”

I nodded sadly as she put her hands in her hair, running her fingers through it like she was trying to figure out what to do.

“This is bad, this is very bad!” She stumbled over her words a bit.

“Why are you acting so nervous when I’m the one who’s supposed to be nervous?!” I asked.

“Because I don’t want you to get in trouble!” She said. “You could get thrown out of this Academy if P-Goon ever found out!”

“And it wouldn’t be the first,” We both said at the same time. A little laugh came out of both of us, making the atmosphere a bit lighter.

“He already threatened me.” I whispered. “Anyway, I’m planning on returning it.”

“If you don’t get caught.” She crossed her arms. “I wouldn’t be surprised if the rules around here would start to become stricter.”

I swallowed nervously as I carried the book over to my bed and got the bag out from underneath my bed and I put it back in. How in the world was I going to put it back when the librarian would be in there all the time? And how would I know when students aren’t going to be in there?

“Trinity, let me tell you something about the last girl who was in this room.” Sue all of a sudden said as she sat down in my chair. I sat on the bed, facing her, ready for her story. “The last girl who got this room, and the only girl that actually owned this room, got involved with the Original 12. It would seem like history is kind of repeating itself, only it seems to be harder on you than it was for her.”

“Clara?” I asked taking a good guess from the files that I read.

“Yes,” She nodded her head. “Why do you think this dorm room is more like a room in a palace? It’s because she was an assistant, and she was taken care of greatly. She got the best of the best, Ovan made sure of that. No one else got this room from then, until now, that is. I’m guessing that you wasted no time reading what was in that diary.”

“There’s more that I would love to know, but I’ll save that for another day.” I answered.

“And you will find out,” Sue smiled. “But you will find out with time. I would do the right thing first and return both of these items.”

I nodded understanding what she was saying. It was like a mother telling their child what was right from wrong. “You know…” She started again, “this might seem like the most random thing ever said to you, but…the first time that I saw you in your uniform…you had a striking resemblance to her, Clara, I mean. I know that it might’ve been a very long time ago that I saw Clara, but…” Sue studied me. How old was Sue anyway? She didn’t look that old, maybe in her early 40’s. But…the files took place a long time ago, maybe in the late 1890s or early 1900s. Who knows, maybe she saw her after Sue graduated from here? Or maybe she was a kid when she first saw her? I decided to not question it out loud and keep this mystery hidden. So Sue knows…or at least knew Clara in some way. For how long, though? I couldn’t say, it was too early to tell. “Same blue eyes, brown hair color…even the structure of your face looks the same.”

“Do you have a picture of her?” I asked.

Sue looked down and sighed sadly. “I did, but something happened to it. I’m not quite sure what, but… It happened so long ago… Maybe there’s a picture taped in that book, though. When I had the permission to go in that section, I decided not to look at that book specifically.”

“Why?” I asked.

“It just…something about that just screamed ‘stay out’ to me.” She answered as she kind of turned away from the book. “It seemed that I was going to invade something private and secretive if I took a look inside. The only books that I got from that section were the other Original 12’s diaries, but this particular one I stayed away from the longest time. I’m surprised that you got this one.”

I looked at the book that was resting inside the bag and thought of why I grabbed this one in particular. “Look, I’m sorry that I did something bad on my first day, but…”

“I know; it’s because you wanted to know.” Sue nodded her head understanding. “I won’t tell anyone. Besides, we’ve gotten close, even after one day. You are just like her, you know that?”

“I am?” I asked.

“Definitely. Clara was one curious little cookie.” She laughed. “She was funny, too. She would use sarcasm and corny jokes to make people laugh. Oh, the puns that Clara used to come up with, too! Corny, sarcastic, but sweet as honey, though.”

“And she didn’t get in trouble?” I questioned.

“Hmmm…” Sue turned her head. “Well, she became their assistant, didn’t she?”

I sighed as I fell back on my bed. “So what you’re saying is it could happen to me?”

“Well, it would seem to me that you’re more curious into secretive things than she was. She was more interested in her Zodiac and Element sign. And you can say that she had an eye for Ovan and the other way around.”

“Let me guess, you know all of this because of her diary that you read?” I laughed.

“Yep,” Sue laughed along with me. “And more…”

“Clara herself?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Sort to say, yes.” Sue nodded. Well, she wasn’t really giving me anything useful. It was like she was hinting at something. Did she really know Clara? If she saw her, did she just have a conversation, or even an interview with her, or did they become best friends? This was just making me more confused than what I already was.

“Well, she had weird taste in men.” I laughed. “P-Goon and Ovan don’t seem too far off from each other.”

Sue nodded her head and stood up. “Oh, you’d be surprised. They are two different signs, but they both seem to take advantage of being the leader. They both have cockiness and attitude. But I know that maybe down deep inside, they are caring.”

“Ok, when I see P-Goon be all happy and dance around with rainbows and unicorns and giving out candy to the other students, I’ll let you know,” I laughed, which made her laugh as well. Success!

“You are more like Clara than I originally thought.” Sue said in-between laughs.

I sat up on my bed and crossed my arms on my legs. “They think that they can do whatever they want just because they’re the leader. And it’s true, you know? Going up against them…like I did with P-Goon…I was trying to reason with him. Sure, I don’t like the whole ‘visiting the opposite gender before classes’ thing, but…”

“Why don’t you like it?” I asked, curious. Sue bit her lip and swallowed nervously. She leaned back against my door and crossed her arms as she was thinking up an answer.

“It…it was an accident.” She started, but it looked like she was going to cry. “I’d rather not talk about it.”

“Oh, it’s ok if you don’t want to…” I nodded. “I just wanted to know why. I mean…some are completely ok with it while others…”

“Hate it…despise it, even.” She whispered. “It happened to lead to something that I could never forgive myself for. And I don’t want it to happen to anyone else here.”

I wonder what she meant by that? Maybe…thinking on the worst side of things, someone might’ve died? But if that happened, there wouldn’t be any visiting…

“Would it be possible that I’m related to her?” I asked. “I mean…it could describe everything, you know?”

“It’s possible.” Sue nodded. “Not quite sure if it would 100 percent, but to me you look like her, I mean exactly like her. I better get going. It’s past my shift and they are kind of strict of working overtime when you don’t have to, so, I’ll see you in the morning.” She smiled as she made her way towards my door.

“Wait!” I said before she left my room.

Sue turned around with a ‘hurry up’ expression on her face. I didn’t want to keep her any longer, but she apparently knew more about Clara than I would.

“Would…would you care to tell me more about Clara?” I asked. “And could you tell me what P-Goon’s group’s purpose is towards this Academy?”

Sue showed some sympathy in her expression as she shook her head. “Maybe another day, Trinity. As for the purpose of the group…you will know…or should know soon. But as for now, I need to go. P-Goon is already pissed, and I wouldn’t want him to get madder.”

“Understandable,” I nodded my head understanding her situation. “Good night, Sue,”

“Good night, Trinity,” She nodded as she closed my door and left.

I sat on my bed looking over at the bag that held the book. What if P-Goon did find out that I did have it? Well that was a no brainer; I would get thrown out for sure. The more I looked at it, the more it seemed to be screaming at me to read it. To read the pages that held all of the secrets that this Academy is holding. Information upon information was written in there, just waiting to be shared with. I wanted to know more…needed to know more, even! I kind of regret stealing the book, but at the same time, it was everything that I needed to learn. Although…what I just read was what Mrs. Port, my used-to-be History teacher, told us in class.

“Not that much information gathered…” I whispered as I grabbed the bag and pushed it underneath my bed again. Looking at the time on my phone, which was sitting on top of my dresser drawer, I noticed that it was getting late. Changing into my pajamas, I unhooked my necklace that carried my clock and key and set it next to the little nightstand that was next to my bed. Before I went to bed, I locked my door nice and tight…wouldn’t want P-Goon to burst in here again! As I passed the ice rose that Hansol gave me, I noticed that it was still intact; not a single droplet of water was sitting underneath it. And the flower that Hojoon gave me? It was still standing perfectly tall and proud in the vase. I decided to leave the flower sit out on the balcony until the morning, so that way it could get some sunlight in the morning.

I crawled into bed and the thought of the book kept filling my brain. To read or not to read…that was the question. I couldn’t read it all in one night; I would have to save it for later. But then another thing came to mind…how could I return it? Well, damn, I didn’t think this one through! The night time would seem to be the best bet, but…

“They meet in the library at night!” I sighed in sheer frustration.  And it wasn’t like it was every night, too, so that even made it worse! And about the bag? Well, it was just a bag, so it wasn’t as bad as the book. But returning this bad boy of a book when I was done with it might be the hardest thing I would have to do. It would seem that I would have to do some sneaking…not like I already did that when I was bringing the book back to my room.

“Maybe I was wrong…” I whispered. “Maybe Hansol was right…being old fashioned might seem the bad way to go… Welcome to the real world indeed…” I whispered Hansol’s words before I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.