Chapter 15

Memoirs from the Past

A/N: Hello! I'm very sorry that I haven't updated this story, but I've been on hiatus for a while, but I'm slowly getting back! And I'm sorry that this chapter is so short!

Chapter 15

 

The room I was in looked exactly like my own. Maybe the walls were different a color and the vanity was placed differently, but according to the balcony and the bathroom door, I knew that this was my room. Only it was set in a different time. Stepping towards the bathroom door, I heard someone enter the room. On instinct, I hid behind the curtain to the balcony and peeked through. There was a girl, maybe a little bit older than me, looking exhausted as she sat on the edge of the bed; her hands were pressed against her face as she inhaled a shaky breath. Again, I was ignored and I was once again, just a shadow, looking over the past.

“Clara,” a deep voice came from the doorway, “you got to trust me.”

“No! It’s a trap!” Clara’s voice trembled as she came rushing towards the man.

From what I could make out of his presence, he was tall, several inches taller than me, er, Clara. His hair was a light brown and pulled back into a little pony tail, like it was a style from the 1700s, but checking out the décor in the room, it was the late 1800s, maybe almost early 1900s.

Clara was almost breaking down in tears, but she was restraining from saying anything more than what she just said.

“Why don’t you want me to go?” The man put his hands on her shoulders and brought her close to his chest. “I’ll be back.”

“I know you will…” Clara sighed. But there was a sense of insecurity behind her voice. It was as if she knew something else would happen.

“Then why are you so worried about me going on this? Marikan is helping us on this trip, so that way we can find this…new sign.” And now I knew who it was; Ovan. I kept hearing that Clara and Ovan had a thing…even Marikan said something about it from my last dream.

“Because…h-” Suddenly she pushed Ovan back and started to panic, her arms were hugging herself. In a sudden burst of tears, she started to shake her head, starting to say different things that I couldn’t understand due to her crying. Ovan looked at her in confusion as he stepped forward cautiously towards her.

“Clara, what’s wrong?!” He asked frantically.

“I can’t…” She cried, turning around.

The moment she turned around and looked out of the balcony, my mind stopped. Unlike my last dream where I couldn’t even get a clear glimpse of what Clara looked like, this dream showed me everything. Every detail of what she looked like. Our faces were identical. It felt like I was looking at my twin.

“No way…” I whispered.

This couldn’t be. Was she…am I… One more thing that popped out to me was her necklace. It was the same necklace that I was given on my birthday.

“Are…are you my…” I started to say, but then everything started to fade as I saw Ovan make his way and hug Clara from behind.

The next time I woke up, warmth enveloped me along with the protection of strong arms. A warm breath brushed against my cheek, opening my eyes to see Hojoon sleeping peacefully. I smiled as I brought my hand up and started to play with his soft hair.

Memories of what happened just mere hours ago replayed in my head. Blush spread on my cheeks remembering those moments. Ever since we started again, the memory of a dark Hojoon erased from my memory…that is until I thought it again just now. Hojoon took my mind off of that subject, which I was grateful for. As long as that hallucination doesn’t come true, everything will be fine.

But…but that wasn’t really a hallucination. I still don’t know how the door opened up by itself.

I saw Hojoon open up his eyes and once we connected, a smile spread across his face, leaning his head into my touch.

“Good morning,” he whispered.

I took a quick glance behind me at my balcony and I saw that it was still night time out. How long were we sleeping?

“If you call the middle of the night morning,” I laughed.

Hojoon raised his eyebrow. “What? I can’t wake up at one in the morning and start my day?”

We both shared a laugh as I started to cuddle up next to him more. Everything felt so at ease that, again, the memory of dark Hojoon, yeah, that’s what I go by, flew away.

I smiled and rested my head against his chest. “No, there’s nothing wrong with that.” Managing to look up at him, I tilted my head as a question was bothering me since the whole Hansol deal. “What happened with…”

“Hansol?” He finished my question. Hojoon sighed and bit his lip, as if he wasn’t comfortable with telling me. “Well…Hansol bumped into B-Joo on the way to the last class and he could tell that something bothered him. He…”

For some reason he shook his head and didn’t say anything more. It was as if he was scared of going on. “He just got angry at B-Joo, which is typical between the two as you know.”

“Yes, but what did he say?” I asked again.

“I would rather not repeat that. None of it would really make sense to you if I said what went down. Secret stuff shared at meetings.” Hojoon sighed and pulled me closer. Something was…off about him now. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but it was like he was starting to get further away from me. Ever since I saw him in class when I was being pulled away by P-Goon and it didn’t look like he cared, but he did tell me that he was…but I saw him.

“O-ok.” I sighed sadly, wanting to know what he said.

Maybe P-Goon and Jenissi were right; maybe I was too curious for my own good.

I didn’t say another word as we went back to sleep. The next time I opened my eyes, the sun still has yet to have risen and I felt a difference in my presence. Hojoon was nowhere to be seen, there was nothing but a note next to his flower. Getting out of my bed, wrapping the blankets around me, I started to read it.

            Trinity-

                        I’m sorry that I left you, but I got somewhere to be right now. The others would also be worried about where I would be and if they found out that I was with you, with that whole rule thing, P-Goon would be furious with me. I wish that I could also describe how my behavior has been lately a lot more, but…I don’t think that you would get it. I don’t quite get it myself. It’s like these random mood swings… Anyway, I hope that I could get more of a chance to see you today. I’ll try to talk to P-Goon about the new rules, but I don’t know how that’ll work out. I hope to see you soon and talk to you.

            -Hojoon

I bit my lip and understood where he was coming from. The only thing that worried me was where he had to be…it was still too early to be practicing with P-Goon only because I didn’t even practice with him yet this morning. I tried to push out the thoughts of him using new powers that he developed on his own…it only reminded me of Marikan. And that brought on a whole different story.

Since I was already awake, there was no going back to sleep. So instead, I got changed into my uniform after taking a shower. Looking at my necklace, I decided to not wear it today. Wouldn’t want it to burn me again. I went back to the bed and blush crept up on my face thinking of what just happened. But then the dream came back to me. I literally looked at myself in the dream. But…it was Clara, wasn’t it? And why did she have my necklace? Sue…maybe Sue would know the answer. Wasting no time, I headed down to the main lobby, totally ignoring the fact that the bowl that the rose was in was full to the brim with water.

Sue was nowhere in the lobby, but it was probably not even time for school to start. My mind wasn’t focusing on that part. Instead my eyes found the same folder that I spotted the other day on the counter. This time, the papers were sticking out of it as if someone was looking through it.

My feet were walking towards it on their own, like they were attracted to it. Looking around to see if anyone was around, I grabbed the folder and sat down in one of the few chairs that were in the lobby. A tingling sensation ran through my hands as soon as I touched it. I traced the symbol on the front with my finger and it was surprisingly raised. My heart was pounding in my chest as I slowly opened up the front flap, seeing a piece of paper with Sue’s picture in the upper left side of the page. Her image looked like it was taken just recently. On the right was her information.

“So this is just files about her information?” I whispered reading her information. The next page stuck out from behind Sue’s page and I could see the top of a male’s head. Pulling it out, there was a male with brown hair and blue eyes. It looked like he was in his late teens. His name was Jonathan Hays, and he went to this school. But, what was the relationship with these two? I looked over Sue’s information and it read that she and Jonathan had a relationship during their school years. Ok…but what was so important that they had to be in this odd looking folder?

I sighed, sitting back in my seat looking over Sue’s information first.

 

Full Name: Sue Kim

Birthday: December 5th, 1975

 

She wasn’t as old as I thought she would be.

 

Element class: Fire

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Reason why expelled: Miss Sue Kim was revealed pregnant by the time her 19th birthday came. The student by the name of Jonathan Hays told staff. By the time came into questioning Sue, she admitted that she was pregnant. When asked who she was with, she had no choice but to say that it was Jonathan Hays, her longtime boyfriend at the time. Being the two most recognized couples in the school, it was a shock to staff and students that they would go against the rules like that. Sue had no other choice but to give birth to the baby as she didn’t want to see her only offspring to die. But in order to do so, she had to give it up and then go back home, being expelled from the rest of her last school year. Once she gave birth, she gave her baby to an orphanage who secretly knows about Star Academy, along with her passed down necklaces in hope that she will see her baby again. Sue never graduated, but she can be back, if she wanted, to work for one of the girl’s dormitory buildings. She agreed.

 

My hands let go of the folder as I heard it hit the ground, papers scattering everywhere. The little hints, being all ‘mom like’ with me… It all made sense! Anger and sadness ran through me as I came to a realization. So…it was all a lie. I wasn’t never found in an alley way. I was given to the orphanage right on the spot. Sue is my…

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” I heard Sue’s voice come from the doors. Coming my way, she picked up the papers and the folder, tugging it underneath her arm. “That is private!”

I looked up at her confused, but I already knew the truth. “You…you’re my mo-…” I couldn’t get the word out without feeling some sort of negative emotion. Sue looked at me trying to act confused, but I just shook my head. “Don’t even pretend that you don’t know!”

Sue stood her ground and nodded her head, accepting defeat to her secret. I could see tears form at the corners of her eyes. “I’m sorry…I’m sorry that I’ve never got to be there for you.”

“Sorry that you’ve never got to be there for me?!”

“What else am I supposed to say?!” She raised her voice.

“Oh, I don’t know, maybe saying sorry for never telling me!” My voice higher than I thought it would go. “The point is that you knew all along even on the first day that I came here! I bet P-Goon knows, too! Is that why you were talking to him that one day?!”

“I was just making sure that it was ok with him to tell you, but I guess that you found out by yourself. He is in charge of it all, unless you forgot. So just so I don’t get in trouble again, I would always make sure that it’s ok first.” She looked at me, not knowing whether to hug me or not. I would love a hug, but right now was not the time.

“But you let me do things that might get me in trouble.” I sighed.

“That was your choice, not mine. I was just warning you of the possibilities. Just like every mother would do.”

Silence hung between us as she admitted it out loud. “Why? Why didn’t you tell me?” I lowered my voice as a few tears came from the corners of my eyes.

“Because you weren’t ready.”

“Yes I would’ve!” I argued back.

Sue lowered her eyes and put the files back on the desk. “I’ll have a talk to P-Goon soon. I have a special request for him today. You won’t be with him this morning, and you won’t be having any classes today. I’ll make sure of that.”

She pulled out something from her pocket, what looked like a ring. Focusing on the center, she put the ring to her lips and kissed it, only to put it back in her pocket.

“There are a lot of things that you need to know.”