02 EPIC Fail First Meeting

Time Heals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kringgggggg..

“Aish” Shin Hye put the alarm on snooze mode. “Please, 10 more minutes” she mumbled.

Shin Hye and her aunt were able to reach home past 2AM, and now the alarm starts ringing signaling that it is already 5AM. Shin Hye’s class start at 7AM so she needs to be preparing now.. as in right now.

Kringgggg. And there goes the alarm again.

Shin Hye hit the stop button and sat up on her bed. Her hair was messy and her eyes were puffy.

“Shin Hye, you gotta get up now, today is your first day at school and it’s not good to be tardy on your first day” she talked to herself. She really wanted to go back to sleep and ditch class but at the same time she wanted to be true to the promise she made before she came back, that is,  to start anew.

So she got up, took a quick bath and got dressed.

“We’re here” Her Aunt said after coming into a full stop.

Shin Hye looked around, “So, this Seoul National University..” murmured to herself. She was quite surprised as it was bigger than what she thought.

“Shin-ah” Her Aunt called her while waving in front of her.

“Neh” she responded after she got back to reality.
 

“Here’s your class schedule, I am really sorry I cannot accompany you inside” “I need to hurry as I have a very early client meeting”.

“It’s fine Auntie, I can manage”

“Are you sure?, I am just worried you might get lost”

“Don’t worry Auntie, I may have stayed in the US for a decade but I still know Hangul, so I can read directions, I bet they have signage here” Shin Hye answered with a wink.

“If you need anything just call me arasso?”

“Neh, Auntie” Shin Hye answered while waving good bye

As soon as Her Aunt drove off, Shin Hye entered the campus. She sat down on one of the gazebos and opened her class schedule and read: “MWF           7-9AM      College Algebra             Room: ACCT305”, she stopped and looked at her watch “ Oh shoot! I only have 15 minutes left”. She stood up and started to find her class room. She was half running, half walking as she barely have 10 minutes left.

“Where in the world is this ACCT305?” “I have searched the whole engineering building thrice” talking to herself while breathing heavily. She took out her phone and tried to look for her best friend’s number who is also studying there. She actually wanted to surprise her that is why she tried her best not contact her after she returned back. During their last conversation a week ago, Krystal kept on convincing her to come back, pursue her studies in Korea and move on. Of course, like what she would always do, she turned Krystal’s idea flat down telling her that she will stay put.  But now, she is in Seoul National University, dialing Krystal’s number. “Is this karma?” Shin Hye thought.

“Come on, pick it up, please” Shin Hye dialed Krystal’s number for the umpteenth time when suddenly something or shall we say someone hit her hard causing her to drop her phone.

Shin Hye was shocked seeing her phone crashed on the tiled floor after a loud thud. She knelt down to pick it up only to be bumped again by a bunch of squealing girls.

“Yah” Shin Hye shouted then the guy who was chased by those squealing girls turned to her without stopping.

Although the guy did not stop from running, Shin Hye still got a good glimpse of his face.

“Tch, you bastard! You do not have any manners at all!” “I will hunt you down” “I will make you pay, just wait and see”.

8:05 was the time on her watch. “Oh gosh” She groaned.

She was dead tired when she reached the accounting building. She climbed the stairs running as she needed to reach the 3rd floor of that building. Good thing a student helped her find her classroom, who would have thought that she needs to take her Algebra class in the accounting building when she enrolled in Chemical Engineering? Confused e?

“Good Morning, class” she heard while reached the hallway. “3-0-0-0-5” She read carefully.

“Mr. Lee” a male student called the professor’s attention.

“Yes, Mr. Do?”

“I think someone outside is looking for you” the guy “Mr. Do” pointed outside the classroom.

Mr. Lee went outside to meet Shin Hye. After a few minutes, he came back.

“Class we have a new student, a cross-enrollee at that”, “Please come in Miss Park and introduce yourself”.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Park Shin Hye-imnida” Shin Hye introduced herself while bowing in front of the class.

Then, Mr. Lee continued “Cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter