01 Back Home

Time Heals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been 10 long years since Park Shin Hye last stepped in her native land, Korea. She and her family left for the States for good because of her parents’ work. We’ll that was before ‘that’ accident happened and turned her whole life upside down.

11:30 PM was the time on her watch as she checked. She has been waiting in the arrival area for an hour already.

“Gosh” she sighed while clutching her stomach. She searched her hand-carried bag for the third time to look for her mobile phone “There you are” as if talking to a person. She turned it on, but to her dismay, it won’t. “Am I really that unlucky?” “Seriously, why do you have to die now?” She said with a rather loud voice which earned glares from the other passengers. We’ll they really didn’t looked at her because of the volume of her voice but rather she was talking to herself in English. “Mianhe” she said in Korean while bowing her head down. She was literally feeling mixed emotions right now: tired and hungry because of the 20-hour delayed flight from California to Seoul, pissed-off because she cannot do anything with her dead phone on her hand and scared that her aunt forgot that she’ll arrive today and that nobody will pick her up. She knows her aunt’s home address but she was so daunted to take a cab alone at this hour. She was looking around while thinking hard.. When suddenly she remember why she ended being at Incheon International Airport.

FLASHBACK

It was Friday, Shin Hye went home early as she thought there is no point in staying in school after class.

“Mom, Dad?!” She exclaimed when she saw her parents in the living room.

“Oh, honey your home and why were you surprised to see us?” Mr. Park asked.

“Ani, it’s just so unusual and I thought I will be the first one to arrive” She reasoned while giving each a peck on the cheek.

Shin Hye felt weird, she knew her parents will not come home early unless there’s something important. Her parents were both engineers and works for one of the best Engineering Firms in the world headquartered in California. It was because of their job that they left Korea.

“How’s school, Julia-Honey?” Mrs. Park sweetly asked.

Julia is Shin Hye’s English name. The name that she’s been using since she was 9 years old.

“Well nothing much for the first week” Shin Hye answered.

Shin Hye is now a College Freshman at California Institute of Technology taking up Chemical Engineering, (thanks to her parents). It was late September and school has just started.

“Uhmm.. We have something to tell you Julia” Mr. Park replied.

“Eh” was all Shin Hye could say. Then silence filled the whole room. “This is really freakin’ my out” she thought.

“We know a lot of things happened in the past months” her Dad spoke. “And we feel it’s time that we help you as parents” he continued.

“Dad, can you please not beat around bush?” Shin Hye said cutting her Dad off.

“Honey, we hate to do this but we think this is the best thing for you now” Her mom continued.

“Oh, please can you just spill it out?” she said now pissed off at the same time anxious of what her parents would say.

“We are sending you back to Korea”

“Whoah!, wait up, you ‘ve decided without even asking me if t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter