04 Overboard

Time Heals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon entering the practice room, Baekhyun exploded in anger, as in literally exploded. He was kicking the chairs, throwing things randomly, yelling while ruffling his hair in frustration.

Suho, Kai, Sehun and Chanyeol immediately entered the room after hearing odd noise coming from inside. The band room was sound proof but it was no match to Baekhyun’s rage.

Baekhyun grabbed the guitar on its stand and was about to slam it when a hand stopped him from behind. It was Chanyeol giving him a “don’t-dare” look. Baekhyun then realized it was his guitar, his most prized possession. “Sorry” he muttered while putting the guitar back to its stand.

Silence enveloped whole room. No one dared to speak. But Suho was brave enough to break the deafening silence.

“Baek” Calm down

“Who the hell was that girl?, did she know I can do anything to make her regret that she is enrolled in this school?”

None replied as they were also not sure who she was, although they have a hunch that she was the ‘transferee girl’ DO has mentioned to them. Judging from how she acted in front of Baekhyun, she surely was not one of the “head-over-heels” fans. Her actions clearly showed she didn’t know him at all.

Then door just flung open to reveal a panting D.O.

“Baek-Hyung” He said

Fortunately, after Exo-K left the scene, the crowd dispersed just in time for the arrival of the faculty secretary who then announced that Mr. Lee will not be in due to a family emergency. DO wanted to approach and talk to Shin Hye when all their classmates had left but he trashed the idea when she just deserted the room without even sparring him a glance. He can tell that her mood was off.

Well who wouldn’t after what happened.

“Finally! Someone can answer my question”

“Huh?” DO asked rather confused on Baekshyun’s response

“Who the hell was that girl?”

“Ah.. She was the girl I have told you guys the other day.”

“Just what I thought” Kai retorted

DO’s attention was caught by the phone with a broken LCD.

“So it was you-Hyung”

“Me what?”

DO pointed to the phone sitting on top the table

“You knew about that broken phone all this time?”

“Ani” DO refused defensively. He can see that Baekhyun was starting to fume again.

“I mean, sort of” “Well this morning I asked her why her phone was like that then she told me that a bastard broke it, I didn’t know you were the ‘bastard’ she was referring to” mumbling the last words incoherently while scratching his neck

“Did you just call me a bastard?, DO!”

“Of course not” DO blurted out. “You asked me so I was just telling you what she exactly told me”

The four other guys who were merely listening to the two’s conversation could not anymore hold back their laughter

“Yah””What’s funny?” Baekhyun even more perturbed at his band mates reaction

“You” Suho said

“You were acting weirdly, at the same time childishly” he continued

“You should have seen your face, it was epic” Kai chuckled

“Hyung, I really do not know why you were so mad at her” Sehun butted in

“Can you not see that she humiliated me in front of so many students?” Baekhuyn replied exasperatedly

“Well we’re not blind not too see what happened, but you were not the type who cares what other people think about you” Suho pointed out clearly.

“Were you mad because your were demeaned or because you were not used to the way she treated you?” it was Chanyeol this time

“Bwo?”

“I mean it was the very first time a girl stood up against you” “You were so used to girls screaming your name “Baekkie-Oppa”” Chanyeol said the last word in a high pitch voice as if fangirling over Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was fazed at Chanyeol’s comment. He himself cannot tell why he was acting the way he is now.

“She was so fierce, so dauntless” Kai commented

“Yeah, and pretty” Chanyeol added grinning while looking at DO who nodded back.

“Pretty your face” Baekhyun hissed before ditching the room

____________________________________________________________________________________

Shin Hye was eating ramen alone at her Aunt’s house. It was 8 in the evening and her Aunt will not be home until 10. She was starring at her now slightly swollen arm when she saw a doodle of numbers in red ink.

“Aish, do I even look like a human paper to him?” she said to herself in a displeased manner.

She took a pen and paper the copied the number illegibly written in her arm. She thought that it would better to keep that bastard’s number handy in case he does not keep his promise to her. After which, she started erasing the ink with an alcohol-damped cotton. As the pen used was some sort of fountain pen, it took her a while to completely erase the mark.

“Ouch” she remarked while giving her swollen arm a last rub.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter