03 He met his match

Time Heals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Wednesday, Shin Hye has been seated inside their Algebra classroom for about 20 minutes now. She was the first one to arrive, we’ll that’s what she thought, since nobody was in the room yet. She wanted to be early this time since she was tardy during her first meeting with their professor, Mr. Lee.

“But not this early” she mumbled, then she remembered her phone. She took it out and looked at its broken LCD. “I have been very busy the past couple of days that I forgot to find that bastard who broke you” she sighed, she was talking to her phone again. “But I did promise to find that bastard, right? She treasured her phone so much, aside from it was a gift from her parents, it holds all the memories she had back in the US. She was in deep thought when she saw a hand in front of her.

“Yah” it was D.O. “Penny for your thoughts” DO said taking out a coin from his pocket.

“Ani” she said shaking her head.

“You were early”

“Yeah, like I have been here for the last 20 minutes”

“Ah, you must have arrived after I left” D.O said grinning widely

“You mean you were here earlier?, I mean earlier than I did?” Shin Hye asked to which DO only nodded.

“Do you always come to school that early?” Shin Hye asked again

“Yeah, although I only passed by to check if you were already here” DO replied while mumbling the last words incoherently for Shin Hye not hear.

“Uhmm”

“I come to school early but I stay in our practice room”

“Practice Room?” Shin Hye asked again bewildered

“Band Practice Room”

“You’re in a band? as in band, band? and you have your own practice room in this university?!”

By the way Shin Hye asked questions, which are continuous, DO sensed that she was too engrossed in this new information. He wanted to tell her more about EXO-K but he was forced to respond only by a simple nod.

“Wow!” Shin Hye exclaimed.

DO was left staring at her delighted expression. He was liking it that she was talking to him, being comfortable with him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Suho-Hyung, is this DO’s notebook” Kai called Suho raising the notebook up in his hand

“Oh shoot! That moony kid” Suho grabbed the notebook from Kai’s hand and was about to leave the room when Chanyeol, Sehun and Baekhyun came back from the cafeteria.

“Hyung, where are you going, you do not have a morning class today” Sehun declared while munching his sandwich.

Suho and Baekhyun were both in their final year. Suho is taking up Physical Therapy, a five-year course. Among the group, he is the only one required to wear their college all-white uniform. But since he only has class in the afternoon today, we wore casual clothing and just brought his uniform for him to change later. Baekhyun on the other hand, is pursuing a degree in Business Management. It was not really his choice since he wanted to take up Music, but due to the fact that he will soon take over their family’s business and his mom was pushing him really hard, he agreed.

Kai and Sehun, like Shin Hye, were college freshmen. Both chose courses in line with their families businesses. Kai took up Hotel and Restaurant Management since the Kim’s are well-known in the Hotel industry. While the Oh’s, Sehun’s family own a broadcasting company, he pursued Mass Communication.

DO was in his sophomore year in Accountancy. He was really smart since grade school and would always be given the highest honors distinction every school year.

“I will give this to DO” Suho replied clutching the notebook

“But he’s in his Algebra class now” Sehun answered back

“Yeah, that’s why he needed this”

“Algebra..Algebra, I will come with you Hyung!” Chanyeol said with excitement

“Hey, lazy , why are you so eager to accompany me now when you don’t even want to come to the café earlier?”  Suho asked

“Simple.. you said Algebra class right? So that means I can see the ‘transferee girl’ there” Chanyeol replied proudly with an ear-to-ear smile

“Me too, I want to see her” Kai said

“Nado, Nado, I do not want to see her only, I want to meet her” Sehun seconded

“Aish, palli palli, but you guys need to behave otherwise Mr. Lee will scold us” Suho said

“Neh” All three replied.

“Baek-Hyung, aren’t you coming along?” Sehun asked childishly as if asking a kid to be his playmate

To that, Baekhyun only gave his infamous “I-don’t-care-look”.

As soon as the four guys were out of the room..

“I don’t think it would hurt if I join them” Baekhyun spoke to himself them stormed out of the practice room.

The four were chit-chatting while walking when Baekhyun over took them.

“I guess someone’s more excited to see the ‘transferee girl’ e” Suho chuckled

“Ani” Baekhyun said coolly

“I forgot to tell DO something important” he added

“Ow, really? What a timing” Chanyeol teasing him

Baekhyun shot a death glare to Chanyeol signaling him to stop what he was doing.

 

Shin Hye looked at her watch. Mr. Lee is now 10 minutes late.

“Uhmm, DO, do you know if Mr. Lee is coming?

“No idea, but this is the first time he is late” DO replied

DO noticed Shin Hye was staring at her phone

“You phone is broken?” he asked

“Yeah, a bastard broke it” Shin Hye replied in a sad tone

DO was about to ask her who the ‘bastard’ was, but his phone rang

“Yeoboseyo”

“We’ll meet you outside your classroom” Suho s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter