7

Patience
Please log in to read the full chapter

-------------------------------

The hug that Siwon gave Zhou Mi when he finally returned home was different from the way in which he usually hugged Zhou Mi. He was so careful with Zhou Mi, as though Zhou Mi was made of fine porcelain and Zhou Mi almost wanted to cry at the tenderness of Siwon's touch. Siwon could feel that Zhou Mi's abdomen was a little swollen; with Zhou Mi's slender, lean frame, it was unsurprising that he had started showing so early in his pregnancy. Siwon wanted nothing more than to run his hands over Zhou Mi's stomach but he refrained because he knew that Zhou Mi wouldn't feel very comfortable with him fawning over a baby that Zhou Mi was really having diffiulty coming to terms with. Instead, Siwon kept his hands gently on Zhou Mi's hips and rubbed his lower back with loving comfort. Having thought about their relationship and about what Zhou Mi was going through during his flight, Siwon had resolved to prioritize reassuring Zhou Mi that he could trust him no matter what.

"I missed you so much, Mimi," Siwon whispered, meaning every word.

He gently traced along Zhou Mi's sides and smiled as he felt Zhou Mi relax in his arms. For the first time in a long time, Zhou Mi smiled in earnest as Siwon hugged him and for a moment, forgot about how low he had been feeling. He closed his eyes and leaned against Siwon's shoulder as Siwon held him and massaged his back. Siwon was only a little taller than Zhou Mi but with Zhou Mi bare foot and Siwon still in his shoes, the height difference between them was just right for Zhou Mi to comfortably lean against him.

Siwon wanted to talk to Zhou Mi straight away. He felt the need to apologize. He felt as though he'd irreversibly wounded the man that he loved more than anyone in the world and he couldn't bear the thought of Zhou Mi feeling so alone and distressed. But he wanted Zhou Mi to open up to him when he was ready. The thought that he might already have taken something away from Zhou Mi made him afraid to take something more.

But he needn't

Please log in to read the full chapter