Chapter 4

Playground

Hongbin's POV

 

After arriving at work, i was greeted by Hakyeon who happened to have just arrived as well. "Good morning." 

 

Hakyeon smiled as he waved over and yelled "Morning~ Boss has got stuff for you to do already." I walked over to my desk and saw the pile, I sighed as i sat down and leaned back on my chair. 

 

Mr. Jung had walked out of his office, coming over to me "Good morning Hongbin. I would like these done by the end of the day, thank you." He tapped the files and papers, meaning he meant them. 

 

"Yes sir." The raven head walked half way to his office and turned, facing me "Also, I would like to see you after work today, so just meet me in my office." I nodded, giving a worried smile. 

 

I could feel my chest tense up, I felt like i've might of done something wrong, but i dont recall doing anything that would bother him. Hakyeon walked over to my desk, leaning on it. 

 

"Hongbin, do you want to go out to during lunch together?" At least something nice would come out during this day, "Sure, i'd love to, It would get my mind off these files for a while." The other smiled as he walked back to his desk, which wasnt that far from mine.

 

Surprisingly this stack wasn't as many as it was yesterday, I tried to finish as much as i could befoe going to lunch. 

 

 

I waited over at the exit for Hakyeon, I could see him scurry over towards me and panted lightly "Alright, let's go." 

 

We exited the building and went over to the nearest cafe that there was, we both walked in as i went to find a seat and Hakyeon order coffees for us both, I started to rub my face with my hands, feeling worried about what Mr. Jung wanted to see me for. 

 

Hakyeon had walked over with the coffees and sat down "What's wrong Hongbin?" 

 

I took a quick sip of my coffee as i looked over at the other and sighed "I'm just .. afraid" I admitted.

 

"Afraid of what? You worried about this afternoon?" I nodded, looking down at my cup "I'm sure it's nothing, he probably has a good reason to see you after work, I'm sure you will be fine." I nodded, trying to think that it may not be so bad after all.

 

"Hopefully the talk won't go for long, I have a friend moving in with me today and I wanted to see him." Hakyeon put down his cup and looked towards me "First roommate?" I shook my head.

 

"Second actually, my friend Jaehwan moved in with me a couple of months ago actually. I just have another friend coming to move in since hes coming back from America." Hakyeon nodded as he took another sip. 

 

"I wish i had roommates, I live by myself in a big apartment. It gets lonely and i admit, i do get scared sometimes when he gets dark in the rooms." I laughed as he mentioned that, the other lightly hit me on the arm "It's not funny, i do get scared during the dark, you never know whats lurking." 

 

BACK AT THE OFFICE

 

After that delightful lunch with Hakyeon, I went back with the files, almost finishing them, I should probably get use to this if im going to be doing this for the rest of my life

 

Hakyeon walked over and said "I've finished my work, want me to help you with the files or anything?" 

 

"Thanks for the offer, but i'm almost finish anyway, thank you." the other nodded "that's good then, it's almost time to leave, good luck with the boss." 

 

Damn, I forgot.

 

I could feel my anxiety build up as i finished the last one, I really don't want to go see him. I saw other employees leave the room and it was just me left, I took in deep breaths as i carried up the files to his office, remembering to knock on the door. 

 

"Enter." I turned the door handle to see the raven head, leaning on his desk, "I've completed them for you." I walked over, passing the folders towards him, his hand brushed against mine, taking a tight grip of my hand, i started to feel a little panicky and quickly let go of the files.

 

"Uh.. so, what did you want to talk to me about?" I stood there awkwardly, he placed the files down on his desk and started to slowly circle me. 

 

"I have a little buiness meeting going on tomorrow and I need you there with me, I mean, you are my assistant after all." I nodded and felt a huge weight been lifted off my chest, that doesn't sound so bad.

 

"Sure, what time would you like me here? the usual?" he nodded as he started to walk closer to me, placing his hands on my sides, i could feel my face heat up and bit my lip. 

 

"U-Um.. what are you doing?" my voice felt shaky as he leaned closer to my neck, breathing heavy on it. 

 

I took a step back, panting lightly. "Sir, I c-can't.. I have to go." The raven head growled towards me and i started to feel scared of what he could do to me, i turned and walked out of the office, getting on my jacket and walking towards the door. 

 

I heard his office door open and could see him standing there, watching me. 

 

"I'm going to get what I want.." he growled. 

 

I left, leaving the building, he didn't come after me, he didn't do anything, i didn't know what to do in that situation. I walked towards my apartment, breathing heavily, thinking that he was behind me, chasing after me, but no one was there. 

________

wow. I think i've may have pushed things
I bit to quick, but oh well. will get more 
better as the story goes on (maybe.)

but hey, I have two other stories that i want 
you guys to check it, if you want.

includes: both EXO + both oneshots

  • His knife, his blood (ft. Tao, Jongin, OC) [x]
  • Our Revolution (ft. Kris, Luhan) [x]

THANK YOU FOR READING.