Surprise

Forbidden Dance

"~~~~~~, legs straighter." My instructor pointed out with his baton.

"Better, but your legs are too stiff." He put his arms behind his back and walked around the classroom, surveying the students who were all girls.

Park's Academy of Dancing, better known as PAD, was a company who had mostly girls in it, considering the founder was male.

The smack of my instructors baton against the bar was what interupted me from my thoughts.

"It is a La Seconde, a basic ballet move and you can't even do that!" He yelled.

"Tomorrow you will be tested. I suggest you practice." He looked at me with narrowed eyes.

Like Friday, he strutted his way out of the room, bag slung across his shoulder.

"What the hell dude! We are doing perfectly fine on our La Secondes, why do we need to practice like crazy!" Dawn slammed her foot.

"I am so going to quit!" She started walking out towards the door when Tara spoke.

"No you won't." She said solemly as she was practicing her plies.

"And why won't I?" Dawn fumed.

"Because they will be having a theatrical play in a year or less." Dawn was speechless.

A performance, our chance at striking big. I've been in performances before but only as backround dancers, if we actually do a play this year I could be picked as a main role.

"Exactly, if we get picked as a main role for this, that means we can get out of this hell-hole." Tara walked over to her bags and started packing her things.

"I guess that gives me a reason to stay." Dawn sighed.

"Yep, well see you tomorrow." Tara waved.

"Bye!" Both me and Dawn called.

"See you." Dawn said as she was walking out the door.

"Bye!" I waved, as if she could see me.

I walked to an open space and practiced my la Secondes, after that I did a toe rise back bend, some walkovers and stretches.

Not too long was it before the lights flicker out and everything was pitch black except for the poorly lit hallways.

"Guess its time for me to leave." I packed my things, pulled my sweater over my head and walked out of the dance room.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

The cold air relaxed and tenderized my hardened muscles. I sighed, creating a large puff of smoke infront of me.

Pushing myself through the door of my apartment I settled into my emerald green couch.

My house had a down to earth, steampunk style furniture.

However, for me relaxation never lasts too long.

"Hello, ~~~~?" Someone knocked.

Looking through the peep hole I smiled.

I swung open the door, "Hey Jay."

"Hey, can I come in?" He looked past me.

"Oh, sure." I stepped aside.

"My mom dropped by and gave me some soup but I had extra so here." He handed me a pot of soup as he sat down at my bar.

"Your mom must;ve made a lot of soup." I said as I looked into the pot. "It is still warm." Turning around I saw that Jay had felt asleep.

"Jay, Jay wake up." I slightly nudged him, a failed attempt at trying to wake him up.

"Wake up!" I shook him violently, all he did was shake around.

I guess you won't be getting up, I just hoped you locked your door.

I slung him across my shoulder and almost fell when I carried his weight. Being in ballet makes me have muscle yes, but it doesn't make me hardcore strong.

Laying him down on bed, I quietly closed the door and went to my living room.

My living room wasn't even a living room, it was just an open space with a large three fold mirror in the front. Basically a mini dance room.

Slipping into my pointe shoes I practiced my La Secondes. There was no point in practicing however, it is not like it will make any difference.

I found that my legs were too stiff, and when I relaxed them too limp.

Sighing in defeat, I went straight to bed, I can shower in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay, update! oh by the way, i do not take ballet or know anything of ballet whatsoever SO i do when it comes to writing about the ballet movements and stuff

anywhore, how do you guys like the story so far? Comment and let me know =)