Valentines Day

Forbidden Dance

In the dark my clock said 6:30 in bold red letters.

Seeing as I could get a couple minutes more of sleep, I laid back down and pulled up my blanket.

6:31

6:32

6:33

I still couldn't fall asleep.

Sighing, I walked to the kitchen and warmed up the soup Jay's mom had prepared. While waiting, I ran back to my room and quickly changed into my leotard. Hearing the satisfying beep I walked back to the kitchen and grabbed my bowl of soup, sitting at my countertop bar and eating my soup in silence. I looked up at the stove clock and saw that it was almost 7 o'clock. Tiredly I grabbed my things and walked out of my apartment, locking the door.

Waiting for the elevator I noticed how eerily quiet it was, I mean no blasting music, no t.v. sounds. Nothing.

I was wondering if the world had ended and nobody decided to tell me. Looking around, I went into the elevator and pressed the lobby button. I felt the familiar pull of the elevator as I descended to the lobby. The doors opened and I walked out only to see that no one was there either. I wouldn't be too surprised if a tumbleweed drifted across the street.

Adjusting my bag over my shoulder I pushed open the doors, the dry morning air hitting my face, although I did see a couple of cars pass by but not as much as I normally would. Admitting it, I was getting a bit worried if the world was ending.

Turning a sharp left, I walked to my dance studio, seeing packed cafes and restaurant along the way. However when I got to the studio another sign was still taped to the door.

'Studio is closed for renovations, studio will be reopened by August 5th.'

You kidding me right now? 6 months!

I blew my bangs frustraded, did I practice those stupid annoying la secondes for nothing?!

Atleast I get free time for 6 months, but what the heck am I gonna do for 6 long, boring months!

Now exhausted, I walked back to my apartment, seeing red. Not from anger, but in the shop windows. They were decked with it, shiny foil decorations hanging from the ceilings. Taking a closer look I saw that they were hearts, cupids and other mushy sayings.

Valentines Day. Great now I'm alone for 6 months and not to mention alone on Valentines Day, jeez.

Now exhausted and slight aggravated, I stomped back to my apartment building taking the elevator. Arriving at my floor I opened the door and threw my bag across the room, frustrated that I had done all this work for nothing - a 6 months of nothing in fact, and not only that but I'm alone on Valentines Day.

I had always been alone on Valentines Day, but this time it just . I mean I was surrounded by hundreds of couples, all probably doing something tonight. All probably NOT doing something along the lines of sitting alone at home, not to mention that this day reminded me that I would probably never get a guy due to my high expectations. (lol kpop idols)

I stalked over to the kitchen, remembering that the pot of Jay's mom's soup had been finished. Thinking I might as well do something productive on this god-forgiven day I grabbed the pot and rinsed it, drying it off quickly so I could go back to my sulking. Quickly giving it a once-over I tucked it under my arm, walking over to Jay's apartment.

He was probably doing something so what was the chance that he would be home. Even if he didn't have a girlfriend he was most likely out doing something.

I knocked on the door anyway and actually pushed it a tiny bit open. I peeked in, seeing some clothes and trash strewn all around the floor. Tip toeing into the room, I looked around to see yet another opened door. Setting the pot on the counter, I quietly pushed open the door to Jay's room, he was sleeping in just sweats and nothing else.

Wow, he doesn't have a date?

I didn't notice I was staring at him for a little bit. The light streaming through the window brightened, directly on his face. His face scrunched up as he pawed at the air infront of him, turning on his side his back now facing me.

Awww, so cute!

I thought I would tell him I dropped by to give him back the pot. So, I poked him. And he didn't even react.

Poke, poke, poke. Nothing. So I decided to give him a little shove, and that didn't really do it.

He his other side and reached out for me, probably thinking I was a pillow. But his pull was actually really strong. Since I didn't want to wake up him negatively by pushing him away I ended up flopping with him on the bed. I was lying down right beside him, his arms around me. (okay, so basically you lying side by side but you back is to his chest)

I didn't move for a couple minutes. Silently noticing his features. His muscles were toned, not to mention his chest, I felt it collide with my back, it rising up and down slowly. I looked around the room which wasn't too different from is living room. Jay had a strong smell, which somehow put me at ease, but as much as I looked I didn' see cologne in his room at all, and I doubt he used axe.

I felt him move and I instantly stiffened, thinking of my excuse in case he wakes up. I felt his hair graze my jaw and a weight being placed on the space between my neck and shoulder.

"You know you smell really good." I felt the vibrations from his voice vibrate against my back.

"Sorry." I blushed, glad that he wasn't seeing my face.

"For what, smelling good?" He laughed and a heavier vibration was sent across my back.

"No, for intruding in your house." I knew that I had a reason but I just apologized anyways.

"Haha, what were you doing, peeping?" I felt him smile across my neck.

"Yea right, keep dreaming, I was returning the pot." Laughing I rolled my eyes, I reached out and grasped his arms, pulling them away. I was already walking out of his room and to the door when he called after me.

"Hey, you wanna go out?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAI GUYS happy late valentines day or here in canada for loners TOONIE TUESDAY. i love toonie tuesday