Misconceptions

Forbidden Dance

After getting back into Jay's car we drove past the starbucks and to the quaint cafe. We were immediately seated and handed menu's.

"What are you going to - Hey!" I looked up from my menu, seeing that Jay was looking through my phone.

"So you think I'm cute?" I blushed, I had texted Dawn saying that I met a cute boy.

"Well, when I first met you yes, but now I think your ugly." I teased, I reached for my phone but Jay pulled it away.

"Well by the look of these texts it certainly does not look that way." Jay looked closely at my phone, the light illuminating his face in the already lit restaurant. Making him look more like a child reading a new book in the dark.

It's no use - I thought as I could see that I wouldn't be getting my phone back for a long time.

The waitress had come back to take our orders; she seemed to be quite interested in Jay. I had to admit, she was pretty but that was only because she was wearing loads of makeup. I shuddered at the thought of what she might look like without it.

"Is something funny?" She stopped twirling her hair and looked at me.

"No,no, everything is perfectly fine, I'll have the Penne with the white pasta sauce." I closed my menu and placed it on the table.

"Well, what would you like?" She turned back to Jay and resumed her hair twirling voice.

"Not you, but I will have the spaghetti." He handed her both menus with a large smile. Huffily, she walked off.

"That wasn't a very nice thing to say." I giggled.

"What, did you see the way she was hitting on me?" He shook his head as he gave me back my phone.

"Well, thats a first." I said aloud, he looked at me quizzically.

"I've never met a boy that was actually immune to a girl that was hitting on him; nonetheless flirting back." Inspecting my phone I saw that he added his number in it, calling himself  'Rapper B-Boy who Sings'.

I flashed him my phone, "Cute, I never knew you were a rapper who sang."

"Yes, it's been an 'behind the scene' passion of mine." He stuck his tongue out. The waitress had come back, awfully trying hard to get a second chance with Jay.

"I'm sorry but I'm not interested." Jay said, I looked at my plate, trying to blend into the scenery.

"Why, is it because you have a girlfriend, she's not even that pretty you know." She looked at me disgusted, I kept poking my food.

"Atleast I'm not afraid to go outside without any makeup up, nor am I afraid to eat." I cocked my head at her as she scrunched her face up and walked out of the restaurant, throwing her apron on the ground.

"Wow." Jay looked at me.

"I know right, I mean who quits just because of one little word argument." I sighed, rolling my pasta and shoving into my mouth.

"By 'wow' I meant that you I never knew you would be like that, you have some sauce here." He pointed at the corner of his mouth.

"Here?" I pointed at my own face.

"No, here lemme get it." He leaned over with a napkin and wiped my face, I could feel my face getting pink.

"You guys are certainly the cute couple." A new waitress had come, she wasn't wearing any makeup and she seemed much nicer than the last one we had.

"Oh were not - " Jay and I said at the same time, but the waitress held her hands up.

"It's okay, its not any of my business anyways." She smiled.

"Sorry about the last waitress, that was certainly rude, meals on the house." She picked up the bill and scribbled a note on it., after smiling at us again she left.

"Well, that was convenient." Jay  looked at the bill.

After finishing our meal, it was already past noon so we decided to head straight home considering I had class tomorrow.

I opened the door, I was about to close it but Jay stuck his foot inbetween and made himself a guest.

"I never got to explore your house before so I guess I should take the chance." He looked around.

"Guess you should take the chance?" I laughed, "You barged into my house!"

He paid no heed to me and instead looked around my mini practice room.

"Can you twirl?" He rotated his hand in a spiralled motion.

"You mean on pointe?" I laughed at his incorrect term, he nodded.

"I can, but I'm not wearing the right shoes." I looked at my flats.

"Damn, I wanted to see you dance." He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Well, maybe next time, speaking of time you should leave cause I really got to get ready for tomorrow." Putting my hands on Jay's shoulders I turned him around and pushed him out the door.

"That is no way to treat a guest." He faked being appalled; pulling his hands to his shocked face.

"Bye~" I laughed, waving him down the hallway.

Closing the door I made my way to the bathroom, turning on the tap, foggin up the mirror in the process. Stripping, I laid myself carefully into the hot waters, melting away all the cares in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yay~ updates! are you guys liking the story so far? i mean i know i ask this question all the time but i just wanna see how you guys are holding up :)

anywho, this is your new years gift and i swear ill try to update again after :)

Happy New years guys, hope this one will be better than 2011!