The Party

She's Got Me Twisted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sehun stared at his crush of 8 months in disappointment.

Did she really just walk past him after only saying 'Happy 21st Birthday!' ??

Wasn't she going to say anything about his new hair colour? The different way he styled it ? The smell of his new cologne?

But then again, why should he expect her to say anything about it? Afterall, this girl was never the type to comment on such things. From time to time, she would say stuff like 'Oh, you changed your phone case' or 'Oh, you got a new wallet.' She always commented on the other things, and hardly ever what Sehun wanted to hear. Weird, considering guys are more likely to be this way. But Sehun was used to it. Sort of.

His crush wasn't one to constantly compliment someone in their looks and even with her girl friends, she was never caught typically describing guys as 'cute' or 'hot' like they always did.

Gong Minji was pretty much oblivious when it came to things like this, and even though Oh Sehun was the boy she had gotten the most close to so far, she didn't understand what was going on and didn't notice the boy had feelings for her. That's how it appeared to Sehun anyway.

 

Sehun discreetly glanced in Minzy's direction, watching as she greeted the other guests at his birthday with a fist bump or a high five. That was another thing about her. Minzy wasn't the type of girl who greeted people by hugging them, like most girls. You could say she had sort of a boyish style to her, but didn't lack much feminity either. No, the girl had an amazing fashion sense and style. Probably the best Sehun had ever seen.

'Bro, why are you so downer? Your future girlfriend just arrived.' Sehun felt a pat on the back by his good friend Tao.

'Shut up.' He rolled his eyes and tried not to smile at the mention of 'girlfriend'.

'Are you finally gonna make a proper move on her?' Tao placed his arm roughly around Sehun's shoulder.

'What do you mean by proper? I've been giving her hints for the past 3 months.' Sehun sighed lightly.

'Come ooooon. You know already Minzy is too clueless to see it. Once you get her to start drinking tonight, you can probably get in some skinship.' Tao smirked.

'Forget it. She doesn't drink, Tao.'

'Well I can make her. She's gotta loosen up a little bit, it's your 21st buddy.'

'Yeah, and I can already see it not being very memorable.' Sehun grumbled, removing Tao's arm. 'I'm gonna put on some more cologne.'

The birthday boy left his friend and headed up the stairs where there were no party guests, as the entire bottom floor was where the celebration was. Upstairs in Sehun's room was where he dumped all the presents his friends brought him, and he stood staring at his bed, flooded with gifts with hardly any room for him to even sit down. He anticipated opening them, but at that moment he only wanted to know one other thing.

Hmmm...what did Minzy get me ? He stood, pondering to himself.

'Hmmmm so this is your room! I finally get to see it.'

Sehun snapped his head around and smiled almost instantly. It's like the heavens listened to his wish and set up a potential moment for him.

'Minzy.' Sehun widened his eyes at his crush entering his bedroom. 'What are you doing up here?' He asked confused, but it's not like he minded at all. His big smile was a dead giveaway.

'Your birthday present, silly.' She chuckled. 'I was looking for you after I said hi to everyone, and Tao told me you were up here.'

'Y-You were looking for me?' Sehun pointed to himself, stuttering.

'Of course I was.' Minzy frowned that Sehun needed confirmation. 'It's your birthday after all. Here.' She passed him a silver box that had a letter attached to it.

', it looks expensive...' Sehun traced his fingers over the gift and gave her a worried look. 'What did you do Minzy?'

'It's something you were looking at one time when we went to hang randomly in the city.' Minzy dismissed her hand and shrugged it off like it was nothing.

But Sehun felt guilty. He was one of her many friends who knew she was always stingy when it came to money. She loved buying things that were cheap and was always looking for discounts whenever possible.

'Minzy....' He sighed.

'What? It's your 21st Sehun. Why would I give you a crap present ?' Minzy pouted upon seeing Sehun's guilty face. 'You deserve it, my little kouhai.' She tip toed and reached her hand out to give him a small pat on the head.

A gesture so simple like this was enough for Sehun's heart to beat so much faster. Skinship for these two didn't come often afterall. Sehun studied Minzy's smiling face for a moment before he nodded, looking away for a moment to hide his blush.

'Is it okay if I open it now?' He asked.

'And what about your other presents ? Won't they feel neglected?' She laughed. 'Go ahead if you want.'

'Your present is special.' Sehun said after a moment of silence.

'I know. Because it's from me.' Minzy tilted her head slightly and smiled. 'But seriously, why?'

Because I like you, idiot. He thought.

'Because any present from my stingy Senpai is important.' Sehun smirked, putting on his usual fake persona of playing it cool. 'By the way, are you gonna drink at all tonight?'

'I was a definite no. But since I know you're gonna try and convince me sooner or later, I figure I could try a little maybe.' Minzy nodded. 'Only a little.' She said again to emphasise her point. Sehun smiled back before placing Minzy's present down. He decided it was best to open it later. He was actually more excited to read the letter that was labelled 'To Sehun kun' with her cute handwriting on it.

'Let's go.' He said, casually putting a hand over her shoulder and leading her back downstairs. To Sehun's surprise, Minzy didn't seem to be startled at all and just let it be. Sehun mentally praised himself for being brave. Perhaps he should've started doing this earlier.

See, the thing with Sehun and Minzy is that, all of their friends knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter