Chapter 9

Tied Like Puppets

Seokjin fell back into sleeping with Taehyung and Jungkook only a week after he'd made them both cry. He wasn't sure why the let him in the room with such open arms, but he guessed it was because, maybe, they really did love him. It was clear he wasn't forgiven- they avoided him, wouldn't look at him, wouldn't talk to him, would hardly even talk to each other when he was in the room, but they didn't kick him out, even if they had every right to. There were other rooms, other members, a couch, and yet, Taehyung and Jungkook still pulled him in.

Seokjin slept without his favorite pillow for three days that week. It came back mysteriously one day, the outside of it wrinkled and clearly used- Seokjin had a feeling it was Taehyung. It smelled like him.

"Hey, wake up." Yoongi nudged Seokjin's elbow with his own. Seokjin jumped, nearly tipped over his coffee. Yoongi pressed his palm to the small of Seokjin's back. "I know it's morning, I know you're tired, but you're almost done with your coffee- don't fall asleep in it."

"Thanks, Yoongi." Seokjin said, running a hand over his face. Yoongi just hummed as he continued preparing his coffee. Seokjin was so focused on wondering, wondering what he could do, what he should do with Jungkook and Taehyung that he didn't bother to notice that Yoongi was still making his coffee the way Jimin liked it. He was mostly sure, now, that Yoongi and Jimin were together- he didn't have too much to wonder about anymore.

"When you believe them," Yoongi said, and Seokjin jumped again; he wasn't expecting a sudden voice of advice. "If you believe them, join them. I know you're really doubtful right now, and honestly, I don't blame you, but just... try to have some faith in them one day, okay? Because they are hurting and they probably wouldn't be hurting if they didn't love you."

Seokjin thought that might be true.


Make a decision, Seokjin told himself that night. It was 7:00, and Taehyung and Jungkook had announced, about half an hour ago, that they would be back by 8:00. They'd gone out to do some shopping, and when Namjoon asked them why, they said they just wanted to go on a shopping trip- wanted to be alone and get some things of their minds. Seokjin could imagine the kinds of things they wanted to forget; they were the same kind of things Seokjin wanted to forget (but, , it was impossible.)

You love them. They love you. Sure, they're young, but are they really bored? Are they irresponsible enough to pull you, their proclaimed favorite hyung, into a relationship just because they want to try it out? Seokjin tried to imagine himself at their age. They weren't the same person he was- far different, in fact, but teenagers thing the same, right?

Taehyung isn't even a teen anymore. He's only three years younger than you! Seokjin buried his face in his knees. He had to think, he had to think really hard right now. What did he want to do? What did he want? What did they want? Oh, how he wished he could believe Jungkook and Taehyung. How he wished he could tell himself they weren't just trying to play with him.

"Hyung? Hyung, are you sleeping?"

Seokjin looked up quickly. The door was not open, but there was a soft knock and another, "Hyung, are you asleep?" It wasn't Taehyung or Jungkook- didn't sound like either of them. Seokjin glanced at the clock. It had only been five minutes of Seokjin thinking to himself. 7:05, the clock read, and Seokjin wondered who was at his door.

Seokjin stood. He unlocked (couldn't believe he locked it in the first place) and opened his door. Jimin was standing there, Yoongi a step behind him. It reminded Seokjin of Jungkook and Taehyung, how Taehyung would always be right there and how Jungkook would be a step or two or maybe barely any distance at all behind him. Seokjin smiled instead of crying out like he wanted to.

"Hi, hyung." Jimin said, waving for no reason. (Seokjin thought it was cute, how Jimin did that.) "Yoongi-hyung and I are going out to get dessert. Do you want to come with us?"

Seokjin nodded without having to think too much; he really needed some fresh air.


"We wanted to talk to you," Yoongi said when he, Seokjin, and Jimin were sat down in the corner of a frozen yogurt shop with medium-sized yogurts; Seokjin with blueberry, Jimin with cotton candy, and Yoongi with a simple vanilla. Seokjin should have been expecting that, really. Yoongi had been so worried about the relationship between Seokjin and Taehyung and Jungkook ever since the three started showing feelings for each other.

"I know I keep switching my point of view," Yoongi said, "and all of it keeps contradicting itself. And It's also not really my place to get involved in your relationship, but... I'm just... I'm really worried, I guess, because Taehyung and Jungkook are my dongsaengs and you're my only hyung and I hate to see you guys hurting the way you are."

Seokjin was a little taken back like that. Yoongi wasn't one to show much worry or much serious emotion in general, unless it had to do with the music he wrote or the things he rapped about. Seokjin stayed silent, because Yoongi was speaking again, and it was clear he had a lot more to say. "I've been talking to you about Taehyung and Jungkook, but I've been talking to Taehyung and Jungkook about you, too."

Seokjin's eyes widened at that. He only ever saw Yoongi outside of his room when they were practicing and in the morning, when Yoongi made Jimin's coffee and Seokjin made his own. When could he have possibly talked to them?

"They said a lot of the things you said. And they didn't say a lot of the things you didn't say." Yoongi said. He tapped his fingers on the edge of his foam frozen yogurt bowl. "But, in general, I do think they love you. I have my own doubts, honestly, but they're very serious when they talk about you. They're not usually serious, you know."

"I know." Seokjin said. He looked down at his bowl and stabbed his spoon into it, almost as if he were angry. But he wasn't angry. He was just very conflicted, because he didn't know which ing road to take at this point.

"It's up to you what you do. And I'm not going to tell you what I think you should do, because I don't want you to feel obligated to do something just because I, or Jimin, or anyone else thinks you should." Yoongi said. "Just do what makes you feel alright, okay?"

"Okay." Seokjin said, smiling. He teased, "Thanks, hyung," and Yoongi rolled his eyes (but there was a smile on the corners of his lips, too).

❝ ♥ ❞

A/N: Jimin was awful quiet in this chapter, hmm? I swear I meant to make him say more than he did, I was just really focused on Yoongi and Seokjin here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's been a while since I updated! It's been like, what, five days? I meant to keep it at like two or three days apart, but I had actually pre-planned and pre-typed most of my chapters before I even posted the story- I'm sorry! I'll start working on Chapter 10 now, and hopefully I can actually get it up within the next two or three days. <3
P.S. Chapter 10 might be the last chapter, so long as I don't spontaneously decide to write something else into the story.