Chapter 3

Tied Like Puppets

"You and Taehyung and Jungkook are really ed up, you know." Yoongi said to Seokjin one day. Seokjin had no idea what he was talking about. His last interaction with Taehyung and Jungkook, together, had been giving them dinner the night before. His last interaction with them individually was passing Taehyung the toothpaste and hugging Jungkook in the kitchen about twenty minuter prior.

"Why are me and Taehyung and Jungkook ed up? What did we do?" Seokjin asked. Yoongi gave him a look that said Seokjin was clueless. Seokjin didn't feel very clueless. What could he possibly be missing? Was it because he'd been the last one to find out about Jungkook and Taehyung dating or something? Had the others already known?

"It's like a ing love triangle or something. All the is making me really uncomfortable." Yoongi said. Seokjin nearly dropped the cup of coffee he was making for Hoseok. Love triangle? ? There was no triangle, it was just JungkookandTaehyung and Seokjin. And surely there was no - right? Right?

"If one of you doesn't make a move on one of you I'm going to step in and push your faces together like I pushed Hoseok's and Taehyung's faces together, I swear to God." Yoongi said. Seokjin actually did drop the cup this time, his hands gone rigid from shock. Hoseok began screeching from the next room over, and Yoongi just smirked, leaving Seokjin to pick up the pieces of the newly broken cup on his own.


Deja vu, Seokjin thought, because here he was again, standing in front of the closed door of his own room, ready to knock, ready to hope this conversation was going to go a lot better than he was expecting it to. It wasn't midnight this time, though, only nine o'clock. He figured Taehyung and Jungkook weren't quite sleeping yet, but he didn't know if they could be....

Seokjin knocked before he could tell himself to turn around and avoid the conversation. Because avoiding the conversation meant feeling awkward for the rest of forever and constantly wondering if Taehyung was looking at his or if he was looking at Taehyung's  or if Jungkook was looking at him like such a respected hyung or if he was looking at Jungkook like a tall glass of water-

Jungkook opened the door this time. His clothes were on him tight, and he looked really good, way too good for nine o'clock at night. Seokjin glanced behind him to see Taehyung pulling a nice shirt over his head. He bent and picked up some socks, threw them on his feet. Seokjin looked back at Jungkook, who was smiling, "Hey hyung! What's up?"

"Are you- going somewhere?" Seokjin asked. It was pretty obvious they were- Taehyung wouldn't be dressing up this late for no reason. Seokjin wondered, briefly, where they were going, but he decided not to directly ask. If Jungkook didn't tell him then it was really none of his business.

"Yeah, we're going to a party. Taeyeon-noona is having one for fun. Do you want to come with us?" Jungkook asked. Seokjin had to think, find in his muddled brain who Taeyeon was, because, yes, he was that confused. "You'd have time to shower and everything, the party doesn't start for another half-hour or so. We can be there late- there's not too much of a schedule."

"Uh-uh, yeah, sure, okay." Seokjin said, because why not? He was walking towards the bathroom, grabbing a towel from the closet before he remembered that he was supposed to be talking to Jungkook and Taehyung about the apparent between the three of them. He turned around, his mouth open, ready to speak, but Jungkook and Taehyung were standing right next to each other, whispering, giggling, and then kissing gently, briefly, and Seokjin wheeled himself around and into the bathroom, because this wasn't a moment he was meant to witness.