Chapter 1

Tied Like Puppets

Seokjin made it back to the dorm half an hour later, after having just gone for a walk to get some frozen yogurt and a smoothie. It wasn't a nice combination on such a cold day, especially without any gloves or a jacket to warm his frozen hand. His fingers burned like ice by the time he'd gotten to the kitchen counter to set his smoothie down. Namjoon was sitting at the table, drinking some hot chocolate and playing what Seokjin could assume was Candy Crush by the sound of it.

"You're back." Namjoon said without looking up from his phone. He looked up about thirty seconds later, when a deafening defeated sound echoed off the walls. Namjoon tilted his head down the hall, towards Seokjin's room. "Taehyung and Jungkook told me to tell you that they wanted to talk to you when you got back. So, you should probably go see them. They said it was pretty important."

"Okay," Seokjin said quietly. He brushed his hands on his jeans and grabbed his smoothie again. He didn't actually feel the burn this time, whether it be because his hand had finally gone numb or because he was nervous, Seokjin didn't know. His legs wobbled a little as he walked down the hall, and it probably looked retarded as hell to Namjoon. (Though, Namjoon was probably back at playing some stupid addicting game on his phone by now.)

Seokjin was kind of scared to open his door again, and he hesitated for one minute, two, three, four, but he finally got around to wrapping his sweaty fingers around the knob and tugging the door open. What he saw this time wasn't much different from earlier, except Jungkook didn't have his hand in Taehyung's pants and neither of them had a . They were just making out again. Seokjin wasn't sure whether or not he should interrupt. The noises Taehyung and Jungkook were making as they kissed were obscene, and there was a very wet sound coming from their lips, and Seokjin didn't think they were going to stop any time soon.

"Hyung!" Jungkook was quick to jump away from Taehyung when he finally realized Seokjin was in the room. Jungkook looked so ed; his hair was messy and his clothes were stretched out and his eyes were red and his lips were swollen. Taehyung didn't look much better. He had a scratch on his collar bone, hickeys on his chest that Seokjin could only see because his shirt was, too, hanging lower off his body than normal.

"Sorry, hyung." Taehyung said. He scratched the back of his head and glanced at Jungkook. He looked so conflicted, so nervous, and Seokjin kind of wanted to step back, close the door, give them a minute, and start over. But then Taehyung was talking, explaining. "We're, uh... well, we're dating, I should say. Jungkook's actually my boyfriend, and we're not just... we're not just, uh, ing for no reason."

"Oh, God." Seokjin groaned- quietly, though, so Taehyung and Jungkook probably didn't even hear him.

"I'm sorry you... had to see that... twice." Taehyung chuckled a little bit. He looked at Jungkook again, stared at him for a few minutes, and looked back at Seokjin. "It won't happen again. Hopefully. But we're really sorry it happened at all. And for not letting any of you guys know that we were, you know, together so you at least had some idea of what we do-"

"Thank you, Taehyung." Seokjin cut him off. He wasn't sure how to react to that, because he'd really had no idea that Taehyung and Jungkook were dating, but that wasn't actually all that shocking. What was really shocking to Seokjin was the fact that he thought Taehyung and Jungkook looked really nice like this, nervous and kind of ed-out, and Seokjin was a little scared of his thoughts right now.

"Just don't... do anything stupid. And, uh, use protection, I guess." Seokjin said. He glanced down. He meant to just break eye contact, but he ended up looking at his smoothie. And then he felt it-his burning hand. It hadn't gone numb at all. He looked back up at Jungkook and Taehyung. "Does, uh, does one of you want this? I'm not really in the mood for it and my hand burns like a right now."

Jungkook, who hadn't said anything the whole time, held his hand out. Seokjin walked forward, each step a little shakier than the last, and pushed the cup into Jungkook's hand. He tried hard not to let their fingers touch, but of course they did, and it had Seokjin's heart beating a little harder than normal. Seokjin cursed himself silently, walked out even quieter.

❝ ♥ ❞

So this whole story is actually just gonna be made up of short chapters because this was originally a one shot but then I decided that it dragged on and on and on in just one big thing so I split it into parts. I'm not sure how many parts yet; I haven't gotten that far. But yeah.