A Sudden Goodbye?

Manazashi, Sayonara.

2 years later…

 

Nothing can stop me from thinking about her….

 

I was sitting at the house I shared with Nana and Miyuki, looking at paperwork. In and amongst the pile of papers, there was an envelope.

 

To Takayanagi Akane-chan.

 

Could it be? I opened the envelope with speed to read an emotional letter:

 

Dear Akane-chan,

 

I am honestly very sorry for what I’ve done. I have to move on, I can’t live here in Japan any longer. Just in case you never see me again, I’ve written this letter. Nothing can stop me from being with you…. Except my condition.

 

I can’t take it, people asking me questions all the time. But if you really want to know…

 

I was born with some sort of bipolar disorder, let alone having depression as I got older. But something in my mind clicked when I first met you, something I can’t describe. I can’t risk losing such a friend. Someone who knows how I feel. Someone I can talk to when I need the advice.

 

I have other friends back in England, that want to see me. I can’t leave behind everything, I know and love. I wouldn’t dare leave you but this is the only way I can clear my mind. I’m leaving today at 8pm.

 

I’m sorry once again.

 

So with this, I bid you goodbye. For now.

 

From,

 

Furukawa Airi.

 

I checked the time. 7:45pm.  I have to go see her. I rushed out of the door, not caring what Milky or Nana would say to me. Tears streamed down my face as I touched the place I had stabbed myself two years ago, thinking of her at the same time.

 

I can’t just let her go. I had to have courage for this to work.

 

Sometimes fate just strikes at any moment and mine is now….

 

Those words...

 

"I was born with some sort of bipolar disorder, let alone having depression as I got older."

 

"I wouldn’t dare leave you"

 

I have to tell her....

 

I have to tell her the truth, everything. Every single thought I have had.

 

“Airi!” I finally made it to the airport, where she was. I felt tears fighting to escape. I saw her, reading a manga, waiting for the flight. She seemed so engrossed within it, she didn’t seem to see me. She then looked up.

 

“Akane...”

 

I took a really deep breath. It was now.. Or never.

 

“Airi… I… I love you!”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Every single day, I’ve been waiting for you,” I spoke, with a proud tone, “No matter what, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. The downsides to your life. I feel empathy, Airi.”

 

“Akane...”

 

“If you’re really leaving… then that’s all I have left to say.”

 

“Akane… I...”

 

“If you have the same feelings, please stay. I can’t even think about what life without you would be like.”

 

“I really, really love you but... I felt relieved but there is a catch, “I just don’t want to hurt you...”

 

“Airi, I’ll be okay. I promise.”

 

“Honto?”

 

“Un...”

 

Airi shed a tear and then smiled, “Wakatta… I’ll stay.”

 

“Airi..! Daisuki!” I hugged her as tight as I could, kissing her lips.

 

“I-I vow to never let you go again, Akane...”

 

“Airi, no matter what, I will try to protect you from anything and everything.”

 

Oh no… I just realised that there’s going to be an earthquake tonight….

 

“Airin, we have to go now!”

 

“A-Airin? Where did you get that nickname?!”

 

“I haven’t a single clue, let’s just get out of here as quick as we can!”

 

If we get hit by the earthquake, who knows what’s going to happen to us….