Chapter 05

april.#20

Your notion is completely and utterly ridiculous.

She really wasn’t all that attractive, in his eyes anyway. She was too much of a tomboy; loud, rambunctious, and utterly messy. And yet, she had managed to bury herself deep under his skin. She pestered him endlessly about why he chose photography, what his future goals were, how his DSLR worked, and he wished she would just stop already. She was Sung Yeol’s friend, not his. He didn’t have to like her for her to get his tall friend’s approval, and she needed to stop hanging off of him like a sloth to a tree.

“C’mon! Tell me about your next project!”

“Get off me already!”

“Tell me!”

“Sung Yeol-ah, get your girlfriend off of me!”

“Yah, Yang Ji Min! You should probably get off him before he gets angry. And she’s not my girlfriend.”

“He wouldn’t hit a girl.”

“You’re a girl?”

“Yeol!”

He could see why Sung Yeol would get along with such a character. The both of them were really alike in many ways: laidback, seemingly hyper, and irritatingly child-like. They could practically be the same soul, just split into two different bodies. The manner in which they were strikingly similar didn’t even outweigh the ways that they were different. Heck, even the way they could be dead serious when needed was creepily the same. And the fact that there were two of them–

“Die Yeollie! This will teach you the wrath of a woman!”

Dear lord...

“With that behaviour? Ha! My younger brother doesn’t even act like you do!”

It was just annoying.

“Myung Soo, tell your friend I’m totally a woman!”

His eye twitched, Tell him yourself!

“Myung Soo will always side with me, so you should just give up!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“Get out, both of you!”

He pushed the two out of his apartment and right into the open elevator where someone else was also entering. He swiftly pressed the close button, ignoring their protests as the elevator door slid shut. He let out a large sigh of relief. Turning around to return to his apartment, he saw Soo Kyung from his partially open door.

“They’re a rambunctious couple, aren’t they?”

He nodded tiredly, “They’re not even a couple. Sorry, did they disturb you?”

“Sort of. Well, you know these walls aren’t that thick. Why do you think I always have my headphones in? Don’t need you guys hearing my noise-making when I’m working.”

He scoffed, “What noise? All I hear is sweet music you brat.”

Soo Kyung rolled his eyes, “Well, if those two aren’t together, I have a feeling they might try going out some time.”

“What makes you say that?” He raised a brow.

“Just something in my gut,” his neighbour stared a bit at the closed elevator door before shifting his eyes over to him. “You should be a bit more aware of your expression.”

His forehead scrunched together, “What?”

“I know you think that your straight face is pretty reliable, but you slip up quite a bit. You should know that while you’re ahead,” Soo Kyung pointed out.

“I don’t even know what you mean by that,” he muttered under his breath.

Only one end of Soo Kyung’s lips went up, “I think you do.” The younger male closed the door before he could even reply.

What was that about? He couldn’t be suggesting – oh hell to the no. That was not possible at all. For him to even be attracted to that – no. He did not even mention that. It did not happen. There was no way he could find something to like in that juvenile, immature being even if you shoved him in that person’s company for one year. Impossible.

He closed the door shut behind him in a huff.

That conversation did not happen.

So, why am I thinking about it anyway?

Chapter 05: (in)fallible.


A/N: Here’s a new chapter to this story. I’ve been pondering on how to approach the future chapters for this story. I’ve mentioned that this isn’t really going to be a long story since it’s more of a relief project, but the fact that it’s a break away from Maybe We’re Already Gone doesn’t make it any less significant in my eyes. Anyway, subscribe, upvote and, most importantly, comment.