Chapter 12

april.#20

You look at it and you notice...

Myung Soo just got off the phone.

New York, huh?

He hadn’t really got around to thinking about it seriously until after his argument with Sung Yeol. In fact, he never particularly thought about it until he saw Soo Kyung’s acceptance letter on the table after falling asleep on his couch.

“You’re going?”

“Yeah, well, it was my goal to get in ever since I decided to get into music.”

“You never told me.”

“... You never asked.”

Despite knowing Soo Kyung for a while now, he noticed that he never asked him anything about his personal life. Sure, he could tell you that Soo Kyung’s favourite colour was along the lines of a Caribbean blue, and that he had an aversion to people getting close to his neck due to sensitivity, but he knew next to nothing about the younger man’s family, as well as his thoughts and feelings. He knew Soo Kyung was a private person, an introvert at heart, but he never made the effort to reach out either. However, if he were to ask Soo Kyung something about himself, Soo Kyung would probably be able to recite his words by heart.

He felt guilty for pushing his worries on Soo Kyung.

He prided himself in being perceptive, attentive to the people around him, but...

He pulled his knees closer to his chest, resting his forehead against them. Soo Kyung was a hard nut to crack, completely different from that of his best friend. Sung Yeol was an expressive person, his facial expressions talking for him loudly even if his mouth wasn’t moving. It was always an extremely attractive feature of his. Sung Yeol’s overt openness attracted his endlessly, so meeting Soo Kyung was like having a Rubik’s cube placed in front of you, completed with all its colours matched. When you decide to turn it, the colours start to mix and everything gets confusing.

But he’s always there when Sung Yeol isn’t.

And Myung Soo’s not quite sure what to make of that.

Something is definitely out of place.

Chapter 12: (uni)form.


A/N: I should’ve started this earlier, but countdown from eight?