Chapter 02

april.#20

When you take a closer look at a person,

He, in all honesty, wanted to groan in frustration from all this reading. While he was completely immersed in art, more specifically photography, and had no problem with the practical aspects of his field of study (he is really good with his hands), he had no doubt in his mind that his “Issues of Modern Art” class was out to kill him. Did he really care whether or not originality actually existed within modern art? No, not particularly, but he had to read and answer questions on stuff like this anyway.

His hand was itching to pick up his DSLR sitting in its case right beside him and to point it at the owner of long, below shoulder blade-length, dark ash-brown dyed, hair tied in a ponytail sitting right across from him. The boy was perfectly positioned for a shot. He had a pair of black, rectangular-framed Ray Bans perched on his straight nose that he would occasionally push up if they ever slipped down. His bangs, parted to the right, were combed behind his ear, displaying the silver piercings adorning both. Surprisingly enough, he wasn’t wearing that much jewelry today. He only had earrings on. Usually, he would have rings, bracelets, and/or necklaces on as well. He was casually biting his tea rose coloured lips, causing it to flush and match more of a rose red. Lithe fingers twirled a mechanical pencil when the pencil wasn’t marking up the staff paper, full of various harmonies, trying to finish his homework. His brows furrowed in concentration as he erased what he just marked down, instead placing the note above where it was originally. His dark gaze, though was focused on the sheets in front of him for the past hour, had all of a sudden shifted up to look at him. The endlessly black irises stared into his own eyes. With a gently arched eyebrow nonchalantly raised, he mouthed, “What?

He merely gave him a lopsided smile and turned back to his text, continuing with the lengthy passage he had stopped on earlier. His companion blinked in confusion, but never took his eyes off of the male sitting opposite of him. The older boy’s black-brown hair was tousled, almost as if he had just gotten out of bed, but he knew it was just because the male was ruffling it due to the irritating reading he had to do. Dark chocolate orbs glared intently across the pages, absorbing the words and jotting down answers in his neat handwriting. When he was reading, those slender fingers would tap the surface of the table without making any sound. His, much to the younger boy’s amusement, habit of his lips would come out when he was least conscious of it, just like now. His tongue would peek out and graze the pink pout. The black graphic t-shirt hung on a toned body, contrasting against a fair complexion. The charcoal gray cardigan he had on earlier was slung on the back rest of the chair he was seated on. Unlike himself, the former didn’t wear accessories much, saying that they would often get in the way when he was doing things. He turned his eyes back down to the harmony worksheet and focused on finishing the rest, ignoring the look that had shifted up from the book.

The one who just looked up puckered his lips, and quickly looked back down at his answers with a scowl. He really didn’t know how much more he could take before he would start complaining loudly, disturb the whole entire library, and get them kicked out. Especially with his current muse in front of him; the desire to take a picture of the subject was raking at his patience. He really wanted to take a picture right now.

His companion silently sighed as he finished off his work, shoving the sheets into his messenger bag. He took advantage of the distracted male and gathered up most of his belongings into his respective backpack as well, placing the unused books in without a sound.

He tapped the male’s fair hand with fingers that were clearly shades lighter, waiting for him to look up with his brown eyes before mouthing, “Let’s go.

He concealed a laugh at how quick the older boy was in collecting the rest of his work and shoving it into his bag. He had an irritated aura surrounding him and a sharp look in his eye that made some of the students back away from him slightly. The slightly taller male smiled apologetically and muttered a quick sorry to them as he followed behind the older one. He had to admit though, seeing Myung Soo out from his usual stoicism was always amusing.

you pick up those little quirks that make them who they are.

Chapter 02: (ob)serve.


A/N: Some “checking people out” action, though not really in the way you think? What do you guys think about this? Comment, subscribe, and upvote! I appreciate all forms of love.