Surprises

Unrealised Love

Ryeowook's POV

Rrriiinng! The alarm clock blared. It woke me up with a jerk. I looked around the room sleepily, still not fully awake. After a few moments, then I realised that I am currently sitting on the bed with my hair, ehem, NEW hair, tousled. I groaned as I finally came back fully to my senses that today is Monday. Damn that alarm clock! Why had it woken me up? It ruined everything, I repeat, everything.

Firstly, it interrupted my beautiful dream right at the moment where yesung just confessed his love to me. Secondly, it just had to wake me up today. Why? Why can't it be magically faulty so that I wake up late and do not have to go to school? I know I said that I was excited yesterday for today. But, late at night, I started having second thoughts.

What if the whole school thought that it looked ugly and decided to make me their laughing stock? What if they thought it was okay, but my FRIENDS happen to not like it? That was much worse. I swear I'll die if that happened. These thoughts consumed my mind in a matter of seconds. Seriously, if this keeps going on, I have to make a horrible decision. Which is to die.

Urm.., you know I don't really mean it. I mean, who wants to die? Only idiots would want such a thing. And I'm clearly not one of them. So I just have to face it bravely if it ever happened. Think of it as a challenge. Yeah...so in order to win that challenge, I must not whine or complain or be easily bullied. I must go through it and be strong.

Yup. That is the right thing to do. Besides, what can they do if they thought it was ugly? it's my decision after all. Not theirs. So yeah... Just face it bravely and you will cope with it. So, I dare myself to take this challenge whole-heartedly. Which I accepted. That's it kim ryeowook. Fighting!

With a brave and renewed self, I hopped inside the bathroom. As I showered, I couldn't help but be excited all over again. What if they liked my new style? What if yesung liked my new style? I blushed at the thought of that. What if the new and real(I guess) me was his taste in girls? Hehe. But all hopes were deflated when I thought of eunji. Stop with all those hopes ryeowook. You clearly know you will never win against her. Oh god. When had I started to become all evil trying to steal yesung away from her?

Besides, look at her! She has black, NATURAL hair, with bangs to complete the look. She's smart, nice and pretty too. Never once had she been treating me badly. All this talk about her increase the guiltiness that's taking place inside of me. I shook my head to clear this matter away.

After done getting ready, uniform crisp and hair curled up, I brought my bag with me downstairs for breakfast. As soon as I entered the kitchen, I was greeted with waffles scent. Hmm.... A good breakfast will definitely cheer me up. So I ate my breakfast while enduring the torture. If you ask what I mean, for the entire fifteen minutes it took for me to finish up the food, mom keeps on telling me how I had all grown up. She even shed a few tears! I seriously can't believe it! Why is she getting teary this fine morning? "Mom, I love you and I still do, but aren't you getting a bit mushy right now?" I asked her.

She just laughed heartily as a reply to my serious statement. Acting nonchalantly, she stood up and told me to get ready. To avoid anymore anger, I did what she asked me to. Thankfully, she didn't talk to me for the whole ride. Only calm music fills the atmosphere in the car.

When we arrived, I got out slowly, veeeery slowly, from the car after bid my mom goodbye. As mom's SUV rolled away, I can't help but almost regret that I didn't even think of faking sick just so I could skip school today. You can do it ryeowook. Just face it bravely. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before stepping inside.

In the hallway, I expected some kind of rude comment or the whispers or ANYTHING to happen. Instead, they acted normally, like they usually do whenever mondays come. I even got a compliment from a few someones passing by. I finally made it to my locker safely. Phew. Nothing happened, and I worried like hell for nothing! Ha! Maybe changing hair colours are normal for the students here. Maybe.

I hummed a soft tune as I opened my locker and grabbed the necessary books, before closing them again. I trotted happily towards my first class, Science. Until I forgotten all about the email that we're supposed to check yesterday..... Not realising it 'till later when I entered the class and noticed my friends' stares at me.

And by friends, I mean all of them. Not just donghae who shares the same class with me. But ALL of them. I was feeling sort of mixed up by now. Because I'm planning to show it to them all by lunch except for donghae but...this turns out, so I'm feeling nervous. And also confused with why was the class contains so much students?

"Why are there-"

"Why do you-"

Donghae and I spoke up at the same time. We smiled at each other, gesturing for the other to go first. Well, whatever they want to ask, they are sure in for surprises.....