Eight

Amadeus

Hansol was about her height, and cuter than she thought. He smiled softly at her as his eyes inspected her in amazement. Of course, he hadn't ever seen a woman before, either.

He held his arms out, tilting his head back. "So, what brings you here?"

Her heart quickened and she frowned. "I don't know. I-I was so mad that I ran from him." Everything hurt now, and she wished she hadn't left.

"Him?" Hansol's eyebrow raised and he stood up.

She debated whether to say anything, but she gave in. "Jenissi..." Amadea sighed and collapsed into a chair beside her, her legs unable to hold her up.

He didn't say anything and she had to look up, curious about why. His eyes were watching her, and a smile slowly formed. "Tell me what happened."

She was still so angry, with everyone that she had started to trust. Perhaps, they weren't the ones she should have believed in. "Byungjoo said I was just a tool to help them." She told him everything he needed to know.

Hansol had sat back down, staring at her. She admitted it made her uncomfortable, but she was hoping he meant her no harm.

"He didn't lie." He started, shocking and confusing her.

Her head snapped up and she searched for understanding in his features. "What?"

"Taeyang didn't lie." He started again, smiling kindly. "It was forever to be light out, but since you started to betray them, night has fallen again. I thank you for that, it's been so long."

Amadea shook her head slowly, looking down at the floor. "I changed it? How is that possible?"

Hansol stood again and walked towards her, reaching out his hand. She slowly took it, allowing him to lead her to a mirror. She gasped as her once white outfit was turning black, starting from her shorts.

"Because you are the Amadeus we've all been searching for." He smiled, his hand going around her waist and pulling her close. "I didn't believe it at first, but here you are."

She tried to push away, but he wouldn't let her go. "How do I know you won't trick me as well?"

The man chuckled and gazed into her eyes. They were beautiful and alluring. "You don't. But I'll show you and let you decide to trust me if you wish." He let go and examined her uniform. "I'll have someone make you something else to wear. Until then, you can wear that."

"I hope you can find some sanctuary here. I want nothing more than for you to feel at peace. None of my boys will hurt you, and you will never have to be fooled by those idiots ever again."

She immediately thought about Jenissi and her heart sank. As furious as she was with him, how could she never see him again?

"Are you thinking about Taeyang?"

She nodded, feeling like she was just accused of stealing. "Yes."

Hansol's chest rose and his jaw tightened. "What is he to you?" He seemed angered by this.

"I-" She paused, asking herself the question. What was he to her? "I think I was falling for him. How silly of me." She's be lying to herself if she said she wasn't beginning to like him.

A smirk pulled his lips. "You'll soon forget about him." He showed her to the door, opening it and leaning into it. "For now, you can go explore or sleep. Whatever you want."

She bowed her head and smiled. "Thank you, Hansol." Leaving, she bit her lip and began walking down the steps, looking for someone.

It was empty already, and she was growing anxious. Yano had left her, even though he said he'd be right outside the door. Her breathing picked up as she wandered down the darkened hallway. She feared it would go on forever.

"Sangwon?" She called quietly, touching the walls to guide her way. If only she could find him, she'd feel safer.

A figure stepped out in front and crossed their arms. "How stupid are you?"

Amadea stepped back, trying to make out his face, but it was impossible. "What?"

He grabbed her shoulders and slammed her into the wall. His fingers tightened and he chuckled. "I like you, we should work together."