Three

Amadeus

"Jenissi," Amadea panted, leaning against his chest. "I'm going.. to die. I need water." Sweat was forming on her face and neck, and she was fanning herself with her hands.

Jenissi sighed, running his hands through his hair while he thought. He had to put her down after carrying her because of her complaining. He grabbed her face and examined her, ignoring the wetness.

"You'll be fine until we get there. There's water at the hideout. See, we are so close." He pointed, but she didn't seemed interested. Has she never been outside before? He grumbled as he began walking again.

"Jenissi, wait!" She said, her voice sounding dry and hoarse. "I'm so tired."

Groaning and grabbing her, he tossed her over his shoulder again. This time, she didn't complain. He glanced at her now dirty bare legs, and rolled his eyes. She would have to get a new outfit.

He stopped at the doors and set her door, watching as the doors folded open.

"Can I ask you something?" She grabbed his arm, stopping him.

Jenissi blinked at her. "I suppose so."

She looked almost sad and she looked away for a moment. He was getting worried, especially when she leaned in. "What did he mean when he called you a traitor?"

He looked away, grabbing her hand and pulling her with him. He wasn't going to answer, he couldn't answer. Seogoong appeared, looking as worried as ever. "What happened?!"

"Just worry about yourself." He glared, pulling her down a hallway she hadn't been to. He shoved her into a room, unfazed by the wall filling in behind him.

She gasped so he stopped, and she ran into him. "What is this? Are we trapped here!?"

"Calm down." He sighed, sitting down on the bed. He was so exhausted, but he promised to explain everything to her.

"So," She turned to him, still pointing to the closed entrance. "is that like, a door?"

Jenissi nodded. "I suppose." He tossed her a bottle of water. The thing was a luxury to him.

She hurriedly to chug it, a moan escaping once she pulled it away. Handing it back, Amadea flopped down next to him.

"I guess I should start explaining." Rolling his eyes, he looked over at her. She seemed nervous. "Everything was normal, to us at least, before the split. We all got along, but then something happened, I'm still not sure what. Byungjoo and Hansol split everyone apart and they changed.

"They aren't the same anymore. P-Goon never acted like that, the way you saw him. They wouldn't hesitate to throw you away now. We all believe in Amadeus, a power so strong that could change back to how we used to be."

She was silent, like she was processing it all. "Amadeus? How would you find this?"

He gazed into her eyes, feeling his chest heavy. "I believe I found her. You are the Amadeus we've all been searching so long for."

Amadea laughed crudely and turned her head away. "Just because my name is similar, doesn't mean anything."

"Don't say that!" He yelled, grabbing her arm. "I have to believe. I have to get back everything I lost." She was startled, and he quickly released her.

She stood, stepping away from him. Taking deep breaths, she shook her head. "Stop. I don't know how I'd be able to help you."

"I don't know either." He stood as well, not knowing why. "All I can do right now is to keep you away from Hansol."

They were both silent, just staring at each other. He couldn't understand this feeling, of keeping her locked away in his heart, wanting her for himself.  He just wanted to, to hide her from the others.

"You never answered my question." Her voice was a whisper, and he frowned in confusion. "About why he called you a traitor."

Jenissi sighed and sat down again. Why was she so worried about that? She took a step towards him, and he looked up, seeing her hand reaching out.

"I used to follow Hansol. I was on his side at one time." He couldn't get his voice out, but he knew she heard him. Her hand dropped.

He sneered and stood. That had hurt him, pain stinging his chest. The wall opened up again and when he was through, it closed. He could hear her calling for him, but he ignored her.

Going back to the others, Hojoon looked up at him. "Oh? Where's the girl?"

Jenissi glared, walking pass him. "Byungjoo, I have something to say."

The man turned, a smile appearing. "Sure, you can talk to me." He took a seat, drinking quickly from a water bottle.

"I want to be the one watching over Amadea." He said bluntly, not wasting any time. "I won't allow it to be you, or any of them."

Byungjoo chuckled, looking amused. He slowly nodded, smiling. "If it is what you want. But remember why we need her, and don't let any of Hansol's boys touch her."

He nodded in understanding, walking away again. He needed to figure everything out, especially how to keep her safe. There was never a time he felt this protective, not even with his own brothers.

It can't be her. Huffing, he went back into the room, only to find her curled up on the bed. Her black hair was shielding her face, denying him to look at her. He sat at the end, leaning against the wall.

His fingers rubbed against her leg and he frowned, feeling the rough dirt covering her. He looked to her again, her sides moving as she slept. Tomorrow. He thought, closing his eyes.