The Talk

Patchwork

 

 They got off the train into the darkness. Cho Hee followed Ae Cha, Yoora and Unni to the station's car park. They found their car quickly as there where not many cars left, it was seven pm and most people had gone home already. Ae cha got fastened into a car seat in the back and Cho Hee got into the front with Unni. They drove in silence.

“Which way is it from here?” Unni asked making Cho Hee jump. She looked out of the window realizing she had been day dreaming. She recognized her surroundings, it was very close to her cousin's house, her new home.

“You turn left at them cross roads,” Cho Hee told her. “Here.” She said pointing at a building in front of them. Unni parked the car and helped Cho Hee take her cases out of the back.

“Kamsahamnida.” Cho Hee bowed, “would you like to come in for a cup of tea? Yoora can come too.” Cho Hee wanted to thank Unni for looking after her and knew just how she could do it, she was sure her cousin wouldn't mind. The three girls and the dog made their way up the stairs to the door, Cho Hee had a suitcase and her guitar, Unni had a suitcase and Ae Cha had a backpack, which was on Cho Hee's back, but she wanted to help and the cases where too heavy. They climbed up the flight of stairs arriving at a large landing only containing one door. Cho Hee stopped at the door and put her cases down on the floor. When she pushed the doorbell she couldn't help but laugh. It played the tune to replay in a doorbell type way.

“I'll get it.” I heard someone shout from the other side of the door. Within seconds the door flew open and Cho Hee felt arms wrap around her lifting her up it to the air.

“Nice to see you too.” Cho Hee laughed, suddenly remembering Ae Cha and Unni where standing next to her. She turned to them to find Unni with hanging open and Ae Cha with a confused look on her face.

“You're Onew?” Unni said like a question even though the answer was quite obvious. Onew looked at his cousin and raised his eyebrows.

“Unni and Ae Cha drove me here from the station. I invited them in for a cup of tea. Is that OK Oppa?”

Onew nodded then turned toward the two guests.

“Kamsahamnida for taking care of my cousin.” He bowed and winked at Unni, “Would you like to meet the rest of the crew?”

Ae Cha jumped up and down forgetting to keep grip of the backpack and dropped it on the floor.

“I do, I do,” she shouted still jumping.

Onew bent down to pick up the dropped backpack taking that and the suitcases inside the house.

“Guys Cho Hee is here and we have guests.”Onew shouted to the rest of the group. Taemin was the first to come through. Last time Cho Hee had come to visit, her and Taemin had been roughly the same height. Now, he towered over her.

“Ya, Taemin. You grew.” Cho Hee opened her arms for him and he threw himself into them.

“Thats because you haven't visited us in ages.” Taemin complained breaking away from the hug.

“Ne, Cho Hee it's been like a year, where have you been?” The rest of the group was now in the living room lining up to give Cho Hee a hug. The group loved Cho Hee and they where all quite close, but she hadn't seen them since summer last year.

“Joesonghabnida guys it's just I've been really busy with exams and planning this trip. I promise I'll make it up to you. Anyways, we have visitors are you not going to say hello. ” She gestured towards Unni, Ae Cha and Yoora, the guys went towards them to introduce themselves to the guests, while Onew took Cho Hee's hand and pulled her into the kitchen to help with the drinks.

“Ya, Oppa do I have to have this lecture every time I come visit?” Cho Hee sat on the work top, knowing she was about to have the same talk Onew had gives her every time she stays at the Shinee dorms. “I'm sure I know it of by heart now. I've been staying here every summer since you debuted , nothing has ever happened. Has it?” Onew filled the kettle up with water then turned around.

“It's different now. Firstly Your not just staying for a couple weeks this time, your living here. Secondly your 17 now, last time you visited you were just a child. So you will sit here and listen. OK?”

Cho Hee crossed her arms and pouted, but she knew no matter how many cute faces she pulled her Oppa would give her this lecture.

“Right. If you are going to live here you need to follow my rules. I am the oldest and I promised Auntie that I will look after you. You have to go to school and study hard, you can't go out on school nights or stay up all night with the guys like you done when you came in the summer. When you finish a carton do not put it back in the fridge, thats just annoying. No practical jokes OK? If you must do them tell me first so I can help. No buying masses of sweets then getting so hyped up we have to tie you to a chair... again.”

“Aish, come on Oppa that was once and I was like twelve.”Cho Hee rolled her eyes hopping of the worktop to get some cups.

“I don't care just don't do it. You don't have to tidy every thing, remember you live in a house with five guys this house will never be tidy. Last but not least no relationships with any Shinee members.”