Chapter 7

A Ghostly Twist
Chapter 7
 
{Flashback}
 
9 year old Taeyeon was smarter than those her age and her mother feared for her safety. Both of them were living in poor conditions-a tiny cottage in a forest. They did not have much to eat, nothing but gruel. 
 
As such, Taeyeon did not have an enjoyable childhood that most would have had. She couldn't even afford to go to school. However when she followed her mother to the market or her workplace, people were awed by her.
 
To strangers, she was a child. Cute, with pigtails and a cheeky smile. Yet, behind her appearanc was a girl with an intelligence that surpassed the normal human population. 
 
Her mother wished that she was different. It was her brains that made her do acts that no one her age, no one, should have done.
 
The reason why her father was not around was... because Taeyeon killed him. He had been abusive to both Taeyeon and her mother, and Taeyeon had reached the end of her tether. 
 
Taeyeon devised a plan to get rid of her dad. She needed inspiration. She often saw wolves killing their prey from the safety of the cottage. "How beautiful those creatures are. So violent, yet so sophisticated in hunting." Taeyon once remarked.  
 
In front of her father, she acted sweetly. When he called for her, she appeared readily and accepted all his harsh words with a solemn face. Little did her father know, that with each curse he spewed at her, the river of hatred in her just grew deeper. Her innocence had ceased to exist.  
 
One day, when he called for his usual serving of wine, she flashed a toothy smile and gave it to him. When he was drunk, she dashed into her room and put on the costume. She placed sharp real wolf teeth in . 
 
With every step that she took towards her father, her conscience died. Gone was the cute Taengoo she used to be. No. The transformastion was complete. She had turned into a wolf. 
 
She killed her father that night, tearing away at his flesh and bone with her teeth.  Her dad died pathetically. His eyes were still wide open even when his wife came home. They never closed.
 
Taeyeon was playing with a doll when her mother discovered her crime. Her mother cried and cried, mourning her husband's death. Abusive he was, Taeyeon's mother still regarded him as her husband.
 
In the end, they both dumped his body into a grave that was dug hastily, far away in the heart of the forest. 
 
"Here lies an that Taengoo will never miss." Taeyeon wrote on a piece of paper and put in her father's hand. She clapped her hands and turned to her mother. "I did well, didn't I?"
 
Her mother smiled weakly to appease her daughter but her soul was being ripped into half. Why was the world be so cruel? Why did they take away the lives of two people in the span of one night? Along with the man, a smart and innocent girl had been buried in the grave. 
 
Unfortunately, someone had witnessed all that happened. He was a hunter and had seen the murder taking place. He went into the house and demanded for Taeyeon to turn herself in.
 
He was an idiot.
 
How could he possibly have captured an insane girl? His chances were not just zilch, it was a negative number.
 
His last words had been "Your name should be Little Red Riding Hood."
 
The girl looked at him calmly and grinned. Shivers wrecked his body. 
 
"Since it's your death wish, I shall grant it. Let everyone know that there is a little girl called the Little Red Riding Hood."
 
Taeyeon released him to spread the word and publish a book. The book was all dark and gory but authors loved it. Nonetheless, they turned it into a sweet little story that children could read without nightmares.
 
The man died a month later.
 
No one believed in that dark story but everybody gobbled the book up enthusiastically.
 
It was difficullt to imagine what would have caused such a drastic and evil change to a child. It wasn't just one issue that turned Taeyeon into the Little Red Riding Hood. There were numerous reasons.
 
She had been born in winter and her mother was stressed and malnutritioned throughout the fetal development. 
 
Furthermore, she was forced to take drugs and alcohol as a child. Her father dabbled in shady dealings and whenever the polive came, he would make Taeyeon swallow the evidence. 
 
Had she been born into a richer family, her mother would have sent her to a doctor and that doctor would have realised that Taeyeon had schizophrenia. But she wasn't. Her condition only deteriorated with each passing day. 
 
Her mother was precious and was the only one to escape her violence. Taeyeon showed her gentle and sweet side only to her mother. After her mother died of old age, she went crazy and killed the innocent. 
 
She died of course. She was chased by the police and shot down. But even as she died, her thoughts were viciously cruel: Everyone must die. I'm the feared Little Red Riding Hood. Everyone must die by my hands!
 
She had a red cape on ain the final moments of her life.
 
That was how her ghost still roams on this Earth.
 
The reason why Yoona could see Taeyeon was unknown. Not even Taeyeon understood why, so when she discovered Yoona, she was delighted at her new "plaything".
 
{flashback over}
 
Yoona didn't know how to react. She didn't feel anger towards Taeyeon anymore, only pity was felt. Taeyeon had been pure and innocent but the reality of life took a toll on her.
 
She felt that she could help Taeyeon. The fact that she could see Taeyeon meant that she was destined to help Taeyeon, wasn't it? Even though she was at the edge of death, Yoona still wanted to help Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon smiled and it made Yoona sad that the Little Red Riding Hood had died thinking that the world had so much injustice.
 
"Now I'm truly sorry but I have to kill you Yoona unnie." The girl's tone really sounded apologetic.
 
The wheels in Yoona's mind whirled. There had to be something that she could do not only to save herself but also to save Taengoo.
 
What could she do?
 
A/N
How do you guys find the story? Good? Personally, Chp 7 is my favourite chappie. It's so dark, and the writing (originally written by @yeahh and embellished by me @hormonalbibimbap) is just so good. Didn't wanna add in any ual thoughts, cuz I was so engrossed editing this. I didn't wanna spoil the mood too. Do you guys like the lewd comments? Pls do reply!