Chapter 6

A Ghostly Twist

Chapter 6

 

Yoona woke up with a jolt. Her dream had been weird…almost like a warning. In her dreams she had been running away from something. She couldn’t see who it was but she could sense that it was evil.

 

Yoona shivered even though it was a hot night. Goosebumps trailed down her spine and arms.

 

Something’s just not right today.

 

Yoona went back to sleep but just before she drifted off to dreamland, she felt the sharpness of a knife barely scraping her cheek and a lilting voice travelled to her ear.

 

“Ahh my Yoona, why must you be so pretty? It will sadden me…”

 

When Yoona awoke, it seemed as if she was in a different universe. Everything looked the same, but she just felt different. Somehow. She went to her vanity table and rummaged for her jewelry, only to be shocked, upon seeing her reflection. *damn. I hope she's .*

 

That wasn’t Yoona. She was wearing a red cape and her brown hair was dyed to a raven black. Her eyes turned from hazel brown to a red colour.

 

“Mwo? What is this?” Yoona’s chest heaved. She was trying hard not to panic.

 

“Yoona, don’t you like the changes I have made to you? Out of all the people I have ever killed, you are the only one I have ever dressed up properly. You should be honoured. Oh how lovely you look when you're sleeping. ” *damn. I WANNA SEE YOONG NUDEEEE*

 

Yoona trembled. “No…it can’t be you. Why?” It came out as a fragile whisper.

 

The murderer cackled, the sound causing Yoona’s mind to go blank. Completely blank. Fear was running deeply in her veins, her body, in her whole being.

 

She was utterly afraid.

 

And what could she do?

 

Absolutely nothing. And even if she did survive, she wasn’t sure if she wanted to live anyways. The world was being so cruel on her. It was absurd how she had been given a second chance at life after her coma, but yet wanted to give it up. 

 

It’s such an irony, a twist that was almost ghostly.

 

“Stop, you can’t do this…you’ll get caught for sure.” Yoona pleaded.

 

The murderer harrumphed. “I’ve planned this for so long and targeted you. Do you think that I would be scared of the police? I can’t get caught.”

 

Yoona knew that she couldn’t do nothing to stop this insane person. The police were in no capacity to help. And even if she managed to call them, the police would think she was crazy.

 

Yoona whimpered. “It doesn’t have to be this way. Why are you doing this?”

 

The murder’s eyes darkened with anger. “Must I have a reason for doing anything?”

 

Yoona placated him. “Aniyo, I was just curious. At least spare me this one detail before you kill me. Tell me why you have become like that.”

 

The murderer’s eyes rolled in exasperation. “Brat. I don’t know why I should but since this is your death wish, I’ll give you this privilege. However before that…”

 

The murderer moved quickly and agilely without sound and it scared Yoona that this person was so skillful. The murderer held a knife in one hand. Teeth was revealed in a sickening smile. The murderer slashed her arm, causing a cut that was deep enough to hurt but not deep enough to kill.

 

Yoona cried out. The pain blinded her. Her foggy mind could not function anymore. “Why are you targetting me?” Tears dripped from her doe eyes and she stared up at her killer. She grabbed a cloth and wrapped tightly around the wound, hissing wildly when the cloth came into contact with the fresh cut. 

 

The killer showed some mock pity and concern through patting Yoona’s head. “Aigoo, what to do? That was the price you had to pay for wanting to know my past story. I had to taint your precious skin.”

 

Yoona didn’t want to see the killer’s face, didn’t want to be scared, didn’t want to live. She was scared and tired beyond what is normal. She had seen too much.

 

She closed her eyes, ignoring the world and the stinging cut on her arm. She had just realized how insane yet powerful this person was. The way the killer slashed her arm showed experience.

 

Yoona cried. Her desolation and anger bounced off the walls and back to her. After all the times arguing with her parents that she was a big girl and didn’t need help, she was still a weakling.

 

“ you! you and your stupidness! I hate you. I put my trust in you and was nice and that’s how you treat me after all this while?” Yoona lashed out at the killer. *Yoona, I'd gladly let you me*

 

The murderer just gave Yoona a bored look. “Now shut up and let me grant your death wish. Then I shall kill you! And do you know how I will kill you?”

 

“How?”

 

“I shall let a big bad wolf come in, along with an old woman. The wolf listens to my commands and will eat the grandma before eating you!” The killer let out a joyful laugh.

 

Yoona’s eyes couldn’t widen much bigger at this rate. “Isn’t this the Little Red Riding Hood story?”

 

The killer smiled. “Bingo! Let me kill you the same way as I have killed many others. For I am the REAL Little Red Riding Hood, this shall be the curse that my victims shall die from!”

 

Yoona hunched over. “Tell me your story then, Taeyeon.”

 

A/N

I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Leave some comments! :)