Chapter 8

A Ghostly Twist

Chapter 8

 

Everyone was frantic and upset over Yoona’s disappearance. Her parents were deciding if they should call the police or not. Yoona had promised to be back albeit late, but Yoona’s mother was sure that it was late enough. It was already 2am.

 

Yoona’s father, usually a calm and sturdy man, began to panic but he tried not to show it. He had to keep himself together, or his wife would crumble.

 

“As much as I respect her privacy and all, I think we should check her phone and see if it gives any clues,” Yoona’s father said.

 

They ran up to her room and found her phone carelessly thrown on the dressing table. They switched it on and sighed in relief when there was no password protection.

 

Y: When exactly and where shall we meet?

 

D: Meet me at the café that’s close to the place where you DESTROYED my car at 11am. Cancel all your other schedules as this will take quite a while. 

 

Y: Okay. See you.

 

That was her last message sent.

 

Yoona’s father raised his eyebrows suspiciously. They checked the contact and were shocked.

 

Yoona had a jagiya? Someone other than Siwon?! Suspicious, Yoona’s father dialed the number.

 

Donghae picked up and answered, “Annyeong yeobu ah! You missed me right?”

 

Yoona’s father responded, “What have you done to my daughter? She was out with you and now she’s missing!”

 

Donghae furrowed his eyebrows. “Mwo? Ahjusshi? I sent her back home personally. I saw ahjumma through the window too!”

 

Yoona’s mother confirmed that she had seen Yoona return.

 

There was a pregnant silence.

 

Donghae grew impatient, “Yoona is gone? Did she leave by herself or did someone…kidnap her?”

 

“Mwolla, we don’t know anything!” Yoona’s mum broke down. If something happened to her daughter, she would not know what to do. Her precious had just awoken, and was she about to lose her again?

 

Donghae breathed in deeply. He needed to clear his mind. “Do you have any way that we could track her?” 

 

Yoona’s father replied, “Yes, yes! There are cameras installed!” Donghae was relieved. Donghae told the father, “I’m coming over to help you. For now can you take the tape and check what happened to Yoona?”

 

 

Meanwhile, Yoona was getting desperate. She had been thinking for ways to help herself and Taeyeon.

 

“Taengoo, what caused you to become like this?” Yoona was aiming to find the root cause of Taeyeon’s problem.

 

Taeyeon scoffed. “You can’t help me. No one can! Only the Hunter protects me.”

 

The Hunter? Who was this person? Or was he another ghost?

 

“Taengoo, tell me about the Hunter please?”

 

Taeyeon smiled dreamily. “He’s my second victim. I never felt emotions before but the Hunter was different. He was the only brave person to challenge me. But he still died. Sometimes I imagine he could have become my lover you know? That’s why I think I feel him touching my legs or my arms and stuff. He loves tickling me.”

 

Yoona was starting to recognize the symptoms that Taeyeon seemed to be suffering from. She had once taken a course on psychology.

 

Taeyeon was suffering from schizophrenia. She needed help.

 

“That’s enough talking. I think your death wish has been fulfilled. Goodbye Yoona,” Taeyeon cackled, the wolf teeth shimmering in the moonlight. She pounced on Yoona in one swift blow, with a deadly glint in her eyes.

 

“WAIT!” Yoona screamed, “No, don’t kill me yet. Didn’t you say I was the only one who could see you? Aren’t you lonely?”

 

“SILENCE! You know nothing. NOTHING. Don’t you dare,” Taeyeon growled. “Still, you make a great point though. Indeed. I shall train you to become my assistant. I shall train you to be a murderer!”

 

At that, Taeyeon left the room in a huff, condemning Yoona to the silence and darknesss.

 

A/N

 

Sorry that this is a real short chapter, but both of us are real busy, and we have writer’s block. Sorry if I left you hanging, but I thought that this was the best possible way to end this chappie. And yes, I wrote a little of this chapter. I’ll be writing more in Chapter 9!

~@hormonalbibimbap