Chapter 1

A Ghostly Twist

Chapter 1

 

Beep beep beep… Oh god. What was that awfully annoying sound? 

 

“Oh Yoong ah, you are awake! Omo!” A shrill and happy voice greeted her. The image she that greeted her eyes was still blurry and she had to fight to keep herself from closing her eyes; the tremendous effort it took tired her.

 

Finally, the fair-skinned girl opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry and she blinked a couple of times before her sight was restored. She noticed how  parch was. She pressed on the help button next to her bed. The next few minutes passed in a whir. Doctors moved around her, checking on her condition, while nurses fussed over her. Everyone was anxious about Yoong who had just awakened.

                                                                                                                      

The girl closed her eyes as she was getting dizzy. When she reopened her eyes, she saw a tall woman.

 

“Who are you?” She asked innocently, her doe eyes staring inquisitively at the female in front of her. That female looked stunned and her hand trembled.

 

“Do you not remember me, Yoong?”   * "I'm your partner! *

 

The girl shook her head carefully. The female broke into a loud sob and ran away from the room.

 

Another person was present in the room.

 

“You are not going to cry and run away if I said I didn’t know you right?” She commented wryly.

 

The man shook his head, amused by the girl’s words. “No. I am just your doctor. That was your mother who cried. You have been in a coma since a few years ago.”

 

She widened her eyes. She had been comatose for that long? She gestured for the doctor to tell her more.

 

The doctor added, “All I know is that you are Im Yoona from the Im family who own a chain of popular shopping malls. You are 24 years old and your birthday is on the 30th of May. Err, details of your medical condition might probably bore you, so that’s all that I know about you. On the other hand, I need to ask-”

 

“Do you remember anything?”

 

Yoona cast her head down dejectedly. “No.” She hoarsely whispered.

 

The doctor widened his eyes. “I think, that you have been traumatized and it caused amnesia. There’s no telling when you would get your memories back; it might be today, or tomorrow, or never. I recommend that you seek further help. That might speed up the process in regaining your memories."

 

Yoona’s eyes watered she felt like she was an empty shell, being devoid of all her memories. It pained her. She felt as though a huge chunk of her was missing.

 

Her frustration turned to panic and she found it difficult to breathe. Her breaths came in pants and she clutched her chest. The doctor immediately put an oxygen mask on her and it lulled her to sleep where she would have oblivious dreams.

 

When she woke up, she noticed a glass of water was on her side table. She grabbed it and drank the contents eagerly. It was then she felt a presence watching her. It made the hairs on the nape of the neck stand up. Whatever it was, she didn’t feel like it brought good intentions.

 

She turned around slowly, sighing when she realized that it was a man dressed in fashionable clothes. *which he was ready to take off if Yoong wanted him*

“Annyeong Yoong baby, I’m here!” The man chirped.

 

Obviously someone was a little clueless that she had amnesia. 

 

Yoona snapped, “Who are you calling baby? I don’t even know who you are? I can’t remember anyone or anything. The doctor says that I have amnesia. Now please just leave me alone, ok?”

 

Yoona didn’t want to be seen as rude but she was angry and frustrated.

 

The man gasped. “Really?”

 

Yoona nodded, not wishing to elaborate. The man went forward and hugged her. Instead of feeling comforted and warm, she felt a sense of dread hugging this man.

 

She heard a giggle and looked up. A little girl with cute pigtails was giggling at Yoona’s disgusted cringe when she hugged the man.

 

“Who are you?” Yoona whispered carefully.

 

The man broke away from the embrace. “I’m Siwon, your fiancé!”

 

Yoona rolled her eyes, finding it absurd that Siwon would think that she was talking to him. 

 

“Mianhae Siwon shii, but I was talking to that little girl.”

 

Siwon swivelled around and glanced at the room.

 

“What girl, Yoong?” He asked, confused.

 

Yoona replied, “That little girl who is giggling right now. She’s over there.” Yoona pointed in her 2 o’clock.

 

Siwon’s eyes followed to where she was pointing to. “But…there’s nothing there Yoong.”

 

Yoona scoffed. “Are you saying I’m imagining things? Can’t you hear her laughing, Siwon shii?”

 

Siwon peered at that place again. A sense of panic was growing in him as he wondered what Yoona was talking about.

 

She’s probably just too exhausted. I should wear her out. Siwon thought. 

 

After exchanging a few more pleasantries, he quickly said his goodbyes and left.

 

Yoona smiled happily at the girl who had been watching silently. “What’s your name, little girl?”

 

The girl finally revealed her childish face that was hidden by a red robe. “I’m Taengoo, Yoona unnie. Have you heard of me before? I’m the Little Red Riding Hood.”

 

Yoona laughed. “Oh you are so adorable, Taengoo… Tell Yoona unnie, why are you here for?”

 

Taeyeon grasped Yoona’s hand tightly.

 

“Because, Yoona unnie, I don’t know how to go back home.”

 

A/N

@hormonalbibimbap has edited this story. Hope you guys like the byun thoughts. Just let your mind wander off. *and your hands too*