Chapter 2

Confessions of a Dragon's Make-up artist

 

Last day of intern. THANK GOD FOR THIS DAY. I’ve been waiting for this day to come since the start of intern. This is the day I’ve been waiting for since forever?!?!?!? I hope everything goes smoothly and ta-ta I shall pat my bum and run off for my YG test interview tomorrow! Just thinking about it makes my toes wiggle in excitement!!!

 

“Ya Intern! Stop daydreaming and clean the toilet for god sake!”

 

“Neh! Sorry!” I shouted back and rushed off to get the toilet-cleaning equipments.

 

While cleaning,  I plugged in earpiece and played my favourite tunes.

 

I started singing to beyonce’s XO and wiggled my body to the tune.

 

“Stupid sunbaes… Boss me how much you want! I’ll be wiping my bum kissing goodbye to this poop hole!” I said to myself as I was cleaning one of the urinal.

 

“Excuse me, can I use the toilet?” a voice appeared behind me.

 

Being too absorbed in my own thoughts, it slipped my mind that I was in the gents.

 

“Neh. Go ahead. Careful on your aiming, its really hard to get rid of stains ayye.” I snapped without turning around and continued cleaning the urinal.

 

“Erm... okay.” A voice said and the guy walked to the urinal beside me. Processed to his pants. That’s when I realize somethings wrong.

 

“YA!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?” I shouted as I cupped my eyes.

 

“Peeing?”

 

“YA YA YA!! ZIP BACK YOUR PANTS!” I screamed and held the toilet scrub brush pointing at him.

 

“Ya? Lady, this is the gents, I warned you.” The man said as he turned to face me.

 

“OH GOD I CAN SEE YOUR BOXERS. EWWW! CRAZY MAN.” I screamed and scrambbled onto my feet and zoomed out the door.

 

 


 

 

Sigh. So exhausted. I picked up the latest make-up magazines piled at the counter and started updating myself with the upcoming trends. Suddenly, a call came in.

 

“Hello Style&Live studio, Dara speaking, how can I help you?” I spoke in a montone bored voice.

 

“Intern, its Mi young unnie here. I’ll be late for my appointment. Can you help with the dyeing of the customer’s hair first? His name is Jang Hyun-seung, the beast guy. His details and request is all in the system, go check it. I’ll take over when I reach. Thanks bye.” And the call ended.

 

“What the hell… Last day of intern and you ask me to deal with hair when I can only do make-up. I’m doomed.” I said to the phone.

 

How hard can dyeing someone’s hair be. It’s like the self-dye I do at home isnt it? I scoffed to myself. I checked the system and saw that his requirements was simple, honey brown colour with his fringe trimmed and side-burns shaved clean. His status was already “checked-in” at station 35.

 

I gathered the equipments for his hair treatment and dye, dumped in onto the trolley and pushed towards Station 35.

 

“Annyeonghasehyo, I’m Dara Park and I’ll be doing your hair coloring today.” I greeted and bowed. Only to see that it was the guy lifted his head from behind the magazine.

 

“Omo, its you! The toilet lady. Hello!” The guy greeted with a smile and waved into the mirror at me.

 

I was surprised myself but I couldn’t let my reaction and discomfort get the better of me. I had to remain my calm and professionalism.

 

“Yes… Hi again, Jang Hyun-seung-shi.” I said with a forced smile and started preparing the dye.

 

“Ya, toilet lady, have you washed your hands?? My hair is precious!”

 

I gritted my teeth and barely flashed a beam on my face and nodded silently.

 

“Toilet lady, do my colour really nicer neh? I’m having a magazine interview later on.”

 

“Neh, don’t worry, I’ll do it well.” I said with a fake smile.

 

"How old are you toilet lady?" hyun seung asked, trying to strike a conversation to kill boredom.

 

"Hahaha.. mianhe, its a secret." I said as I faked a laugh. Tsk who wants to tell this stupid idol about their age. I'm not interested in talking to you, I just wanna get pass this challange AHHH!!!

 

"Then I'm guessing you're really old. 30? 35?" Hyun seung guessed with his index finger tapping his lips.

 

"23 sir. I'm not that old." I snapped with a stern face as I concentrated on spreading the dye and layering his hair with clips.

 

"Call me Oppa, I'm 25 yrs old." he said gleefully, flashing me a beam through the mirror.

 

"Sorry, professional relationship here sir." I said sternly and flashed back a sarcastic smile.

 

"Ya! Ajummah! Do my hair properly!" he shouted out of the blue. Everyone around us was looking me with judging looks and my seniors were glaring at me. One senior even signalled that I'll get my head chopped if I dont do well.

 

"Ya, bastard. Shut your mouth before I set your hair on fire. Trust me, I would." I hissed beside his ear and shot him a glare through the mirror.

Finally, he hand-signalled a "ok", with a frightened look.

 

Beyond recall, I've completed dyeing his stubborn hair. It was surprisingly really difficult????? I think I should probably join some hair salon classes in the future. 

 

"Bastard, done, your haircut will be done by my senior. Thanks for being patient with me." I non-chalantly said with  no emotions inserted, and was about to leave when he opened his mouth.

 

 "Its nice, I'll see you around again I guess?"

 

"Annyeong, do not hope to see you again." I said, waving without looking back. 

 


 

"Ahjussi,Mapo-gu, Hapjeong-dong jusehyo." Dara said as she entered and slammed the cab door shut.

 

With the music playing in the car, her fingers tapped on her make-up case unknowingly. 

 

"Lady, you work with YG artists? You should know the singer of this song? G-dragon? "

 

"Neh? Oh annieyo. I'm just going for an interview." Dara said with a beem. 

 

"Ahhhh. I see I see, good luck!"

 

Her heart was pounding as she alighted the cab and hugged her make-up case.

 

"Dara-ya, make it or break it. make it or break it." She whispered under her breathe as she stride towards the security post.

 

After reconfirming her name and personal details, she was guided to the lift lobby and the security guard was kind enough to bring her all the way to the 5th level where the Make-Up Studio was at.

 

"Kamsahamida!" Dara said cheerfully and bowed goodbye to the guard.

 

She stood before the frosted glass door as she took in heavy breathes. Her hands were shivering so badly. She could hear her heart pounding, it felt like it was going to burst her chest open. 

 

"I can do this." she said as she tried to relax herself. She bit her lips and pushed the door open.

 


 

 

VERY SORRY I LOVE U PEOPLE MWAH MWAH PLEASE SUBCRIBE AND COMMENT!! CHAPTER 3 COMING UP NEXT WEEK! PROMISE!