Chapter 6

Confessions of a Dragon's Make-up artist

 

 

After the lake swimming, obviously I had to drag his stupid tired body to the car and drove all the way back to Seoul because you never know if he will probably find an excuse to stay here another night which is impossible because he needs to leave Korea the night before for his trip to Beijing. AND LET ME TELL U, this monkey better get his act straight and not mess up my job or make things harder when it's all going so well for me!! 

"Jiyong.." I muttered, with my eyes trying to stay wide open on the road even thou I was tired as hell although I didn't swam at all. 

All I did was watch him swim and float at the small lake by his villa. It was really quiet and private. I gave him his time as I knew he probably needed some time alone to chill and distress from all the negative things that were happening to him. After that we packed up and I helped him put on some make up to look decent before he exited and met some of his dedicated fans at the carpark area. 

And tadahhh~ here we are now on the road back to Seoul with deadbeat tired me and a.... I don't even know if he is alive beside me, Jiyong.

"Ya Jiyong.." I muttered again, this time trying to take my eyes off the road for a second to glance at him.

"Mm.." He stirred in his sleep

He must be so tired I can't believe he's totally knocked out and he trusts his body with me. I mean who knows maybe I might just dump him off the road and leave him and call some paparazzis and ruined his entire career.... HIAK HIAK HIAK I mean it's kind of fair after what he's done to me. Just kidding. I own a heart HA

Suddenly I remembered what happen as to what was the reason he needed to come here to take a breather and really I felt bad honestly... I mean I've never really had a real relationship ever since high school and I was brokenhearted but not to the extent how he seems to be taking his heart break.. All I can say is that I wish I could take away some of this pain. Being an idol seems hard but having a heartbreak while being an idol is even worse.

"Jiyong you need to forget her. " I muttered under my breathe as I made a turn finally back into Seoul. 

"Mmm" he stirred in his sleep again and turned his body facing me this time.

I stopped at the traffic light as it just turned red and stepped on the brake softly. Without realizing, I reached out to tug his fringe away from his eye and rested my cheek on the wheel with my eyes still on him. 

I let out a sigh and smiled, who would have ever thought that me, Dara, a simple girl with dreams of being a make up artist, is now driving one of the biggest idol in Korea back to his apartment. Just as I was done zoning out and having these thoughts, the light turned green. 

Finally after a whole goddamn day of being out of Seoul and driving so much, our car is under his Han river apartment. 

"Ajuhssi.. Wake up you've reached your destination." 

 

“Jiyong wake up.” I sighed as I know he is in no way gonna wake up with my mere regular tone.

 

“YAAAA KWOOOON” I shouted and jerked him. Sorry I’m up to my brim. Its bloody 10pm++ soon to be 11pm and I’ve been out the whole day!!! Whose working hours are these long?!! Oh ya.. ME.

 

Thank god, he actually woke.

 

“We’re here already? That’s fast..” he mumbled as he rubbed his eyes and tilted his head to stretch his neck.

 

I was too tired to even communicate so I just nodded and rested my forehead on the wheel. Just get out of the car so I can go, I thought to myself.

 

“Thanks pet. See you tomorrow, get some food before you come over to do my make up.” Jiyong said as he got off the car.

 

I didn’t even bother answering or arguing back with the pet comment… I’m exhausted~~~~ Huuuuuuuuul……….

 

I snuggled into my bed with my pink panther pj hoodie and a boxer shorts on. I had a mask on to relax my head from all the driving today and being under the hot sun by the lake today.

 

Saturday night turn up woohoo, me in bed by 12am WHoOP wHOOp!! I mean I had to recharge myself for the Beijing trip, which is tomorrow. Its gonna be my first business trip overseas! Fortunately the flight was in the late evening, so I just have to report to jiyong’s place at 1.30pm. With food for the dragon of course.

 

Chaerin wasn’t home yet, she is probably somewhere out partying with her dance friends or something. She’s a wild one. Oh well. I left her text saying that I’ll be going Beijing tomorrow for my business trip:

 

“Chaerin ah!! I’ll be going on a business trip tomorrow till Wednesday morning. Just a short 2 day 1 night trip to Beijing I’ll take gd care of myself! Please rmb to lock the door whenever you open it and pet the neighbour’s cat for me whenever u see it. Drink some lemon honey for your hangover, I’ve already made it ready in the fridge warm it up ya!! By the time u see this I’m probably on the plane to Beijing already ! See ya when I’m back MWAH MWAH DARA LOVES U <3”

 

SENT.

 

YAWN. Checks alarm for 11am alarm. Goodnight~

 


 

*BEEP BEEP* vibrates (text message received)

*BEEP BEEP* vibrates (text message received)

*BEEP BEEP* vibrates (text message received)

*BEEP BEEP* vibrates (text message received)

*BEEP BEEP* vibrates (text message received)

*BEEP BEEP* vibrates (text message received)

 

2 minutes later

 

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK (incoming call)

 

Dara rubbed her eyes as her hand roam around her bedside searching for her phone.

 

“Hello..?” Dara mumbled as she toss to her side with the phone by her ear squashing it with the pillow to hold it in place.

 

*LOUD CLUB MUSIC*

 

“HElloo?” Dara said into the phone again with a pissed tone.

 

“HELLO! HI YOURE PET RIGHT? CAN YOU COME TO CAKESHOP NOW? GD IS OUT. FETCH HIM! CALL AGAIN WHEN YOURE OUTSIDE!” the caller shouted into the phone due to the loud pumping music in the background.

 

*TUUUUUUUU* (End Call)

 

“What the fck?” Dara looked at her phone with squinting eyes as the brightness of the phone was too much.

 

“Are you fcking serious? At 3.54am. To hell with you.” Dara tossed her phone back onto her bedside and snuggled back into her blanket.

 

3 minutes later

 

“Oh my fking god, Jiyong you piece of I fking hate you so much.” Dara said as she struggled out of bed and tied her hair into a messy bun. She lumbered with the energy she had to the toilet to do a quick wash up, slipped on a pair of socks along with her white Nike airmax and out she went.

 

Fortunately Dara still had the company car with her as she was originally planning to return it tomorrow before heading to Jiyong’s place. She took the company car down straight to Cakeshop at Itaewon, knowing Jiyong, he probably drove his ferrari there and she knew she no idea how to operate/drive that machine hence to play it safe, company car it is.

 

After a quick 15 minutes drive, with no traffic on the road at 4am++, she sat in her car and called Jiyong’s phone to let the caller know she was opposite the club.

 

“Hi. I’m here.”Dara said into the phone with no emotion as she was hella piss with the situation.

 

“HEY CAN U COME TO THE BACK ALLEY CARPACK, WE’LL WAIT FOR U THERE. SEE YOU IN A MINUTE.” (End call)

 

“Woaahhh… Does he not know any please and thank you or at least a bye?!?” Dara exclaimed, looking astonished but still she took the turn to the back alley of the club

 

 As her headlights shone after her turn into the alley, there he was, a drunk and passed out dragon was there with his arms slanged around two of his friends.

 

“Hey, pet right? You work for him or something?” one of the guy holding Jiyong asked as they both helped him into the car.

 

“Yeah. Thanks for calling. Bye.” Dara said with a pissed tone and walked to the driver side and slammed the door shut. The two guys didn’t give much care and went back into the backdoor of the club.

 

Before she was going to slam onto the pedal to reverse out, she realise he didn’t have his seatbelts on.

 

Dara reached over to get his seatbelt secured, she took in a breathe of the mixture of his expensive perfume and a staggering smell of alcohol. Before she could return back to her seat, Jiyong held onto her wrist.

 

“Baby I missed you…” He slurred with his eyes faintly opening, looking straight into Dara’s.

 

Dara was taken by surprise with the sudden affection and words. She held her position as her eyes were opened with shock. She was about to say something when Jiyong slurred again.

 

“kiki baby…”

 

It was Kiko he was thinking of. Due to his intoxication, Kiko was all he thought about and he thought Dara was her instead.

 

Dara snapped out of her shockness when she heard him again. She pulled back and held her hands both onto the wheel. His hand fell and he was passed out once again. She felt a weird sense of pain in her chest. Odd. But she felt it. She slide her hands on the wheel before letting out a heavy sigh and reversing.

 

Back at his apartment carpark, Dara stumbled as she tried her best to get the drunk dragon out of the car and into the lift. His arm was slung over her petite shoulders and his feet were dragging slowly, Dara followed his pace and huff and puff with the enormous weight on her. Of course he had to throw up half way during his walk to the lift. Unfortunately she could not react fast enough and ended up having some puke on his white shirt.

 

“Ugh fk” She cursed as she checked that he had puke on his shirt. She struggled with the man on her to the lift and to the door of his house. Thank god his door was able to enter via fingerprint unlock.

 

"Can't ing believe you went out clubbing after today. Sure you aren't tired. You slept all the goddam way back!" Dara complained while dragging the unconsious body into the apartment.

 

Dara literally dropped him onto the floor and dragged him by his hands to the living room carpet. She was totally out of energy.

 

“Mmmm..” Jiyong sound as he took his shirt off, probably because he felt hot from the effect of the alcohol.

 

“Well that makes it easier.” Dara said as she got up to find a fresh new tee for him to put on.

 

 


 

 

“Yaaaaaa stretch your arm. Stop ittttttt, can you stop being so difficult!!” I raged. Ok I give up. I’ll just get your blanket to wrap you up. As I was standing back up to get his blanket, I was yanked back and fell right onto Jiyong’s chest.

 

“Hey!” I exclaimed with the sudden fall. Before I could push back and stand back up, all I knew was that it happened so fast. Jiyong’s other arm held onto my chin and the next thing I know his lips were on mine.

 

My eyes widen in shock and stared straight at his closed eyes. My mouth was still as stone. I felt his lips starting to move. My arms were on his chest, completely frozen. I opened my mouth slightly to say something between the sudden kiss but his tongue slipped in so fast. The dragon was completely, entirely devouring me. His other arm that originally yanked me is now around my waist, wrapping tighter by the second.

 

After what seems like forever, I pulled back with all my remaining strength to stop this madness.

 

“Jiyong!” I screamed from the sudden kiss as I fell onto my from the strength I pulled back with.

 

“Why? Don’t tell me you don’t like that?” Jiyong smirked as he pushed himself up to sit up, glancing straight at me. His eyes, they were unreadable. It was as if he wasn’t Jiyong at all.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” I exclaimed with my brows frowning with his sudden energy and inappropriate affecttion.

 

“Which fking girl here wouldn’t want me? Kiko? Who are you to not want me?” he cursed and laughed. His laugh was miserable, empty and it didn’t reach his eyes. They were dark and gloomy, just like that day at the studio after seeing Kiko.

 

“Jiyong. You’re drunk. I’m Dara, your make up artist.” I explained, still with my on the ground. I wasn’t able to get up. Honestly I was afraid of what he might do. It never occurred to me that I, a girl, brought an intoxicated man back home and now its only him and I within the four walls. And guess what, I’m still in my boxer shorts and hoodie. Inappropriate or what?!?!

 

His head swayed a bit as he was probably experiencing the major headache suddenly with the alcohol in his blood still in full swing.

 

“I’ll make a move first.” I stammered and quickly got onto my feet and brisk walk/made a goddamn run for the door.

 

“Where do you think you’re going” Jiyong said as he got up as fast as me and got a hold of my hood.

 

I let out a yelp as I felt myself being pulled back and within seconds I was in his arms. As I fell into his arm, my hood was lifting and now its covering my head. He was backhugging me. The dragon was hugging me from the back. I felt his arms tighten around me as I struggled to get out of his grip. 

 

“Jiyong.” I muttered under my breathe. I'm really just too tired for this sudden shock once again.

 

“Just for awhile… Please…” he whispered as he let out a soft sigh after he felt my body relax in his arms.

 

“I’m not Kiko.”

 

“I know.”