Chapter 4

Confessions of a Dragon's Make-up artist

 

 

“So I’ve forwarded you Jiyong’s schedule for this month. If theres any changes, I’ll notify you. Work hard neh.”

 

“Yup, I will. Kamsahamida, I’ll be going now!” Dara said as she waved goodbye to Kelly Unnie and rushed off to get a cab.

 

She was late to deliver breakfast to the dragon and was rushing to check which restaurant had the best American breakfast around the area. After finally rushing from places to places, she had finally arrived at his apartment’s building outside the security checkpoint with his breakfast, panting heavily.

 

“Aishh!!!!! I don’t even have his house key. Oh my dara why are you so blur. What now…” she thought to herself in frustration.

 

“Miss? Are you pet Dara?” the security questioned with a confused face as he pronounced her name.

 

“………..yes…. I’m pet dara……” she said with gritted teeth, her eyes shouted fire arrows at the security.

 

“Oh, then please proceed to block 2, 17th floor.” He said, looking at her with confusion, scratching his head as he ushered her to the lift lobby.

 

“Ha… Pet dara again huh. Just wait till I spit into your scrabble eggs.” She whispered to herself in the lift.

 

His apartment was the only apartment on the 17th floor.

 

“Hooooooo. Rich Kid indeed.” She said nodding. Without hesitating, she swing kicked his door, ignoring the presence of a doorbell.

 

“YA YA YA, G-DRAGON-SHI, OPEN THE DOOR!”

 

Within a minute, the door swung open with a topless jiyong, in his sweatpants and fondling his semi wet hair with a towel.

 

“. You want the whole block to know I live in this apartment? Stupid dog.” He snapped and walked back in.

 

Dara followed quietly, mouthing bad words at his back and making ugly faces at him.

 

“Heres your breakfast. I’ll be back at 2pm to do your make-up.” Dara said with no emotions and dumped his food on the dinning table, checking her watch which showed 12:35pm.

 

His house was simple, clean white, everything white. The interior was definitely design to be chic and stylish. His windows were clear, from the floor to the ceiling, displaying the morning view of the Hannam Bridge and Han River. Although it was a guy’s house, his apartment was kept exceptionally clean and sparkly.

 

“Ya pet. Arent you suppose to greet your master properly.”

 

No comment from Dara who was packing and re-arranging her things.

 

“Ya dog dara. Get me the utensils.”

 

Once again, no comment from Dara.

 

“Can’t you understand Korean? Are you deaf!”

 

“…. Get it yourself, you have hands and legs for a reason.” Dara said softly with gritted teeth.

 

“Woah. Seems like doggy needs some training.. wh” before Jiyong could finish his sentence, angry dara had dumped her bag and stomped her way to the dining table.-

 

“G-dragon-shi, I had enough of your pet joke. I suppose your eyes are working, as you can see I’m not an animal. So stop messing around and call me Dara-shii or Dara noona or else god knows what I’ll do your ugly looking face. And don’t think I’m good to push around because let me tell you, I have ruined people’s face before and I won’t hesitate to do it to you, dumb smelly idol who thinks so highly of yourself. ”

 

He was dumfounded by her out-blast. All he did was remain seated with the fork in his mouth and eyes on her. Moments later, he stood up and strode towards the petite lady.

 

Before she knew it, she has already backed up with her back hitting the wall.

 

“Ww..what.. WHAT?” she adjusted her voice to sound tougher.

 

“Dara-shi.” Jiyong whispered by her ear. Caressing every letter of her name. His hands were on the wall trapping her between them.

 

“I like you, you’re feisty. I like that. Fight me.” Jiyong continued with his face inches away from hers.

 

“Jiyong-shi, back off.” Dara spoke with a slight lisp, with cautiousness in her tone. She was all ready to knee him right in his gun.

 

“Our dear Dara, do you know how old I am?” he purred as he stared intensely into her hazel brown eyes.

 

 Dara laughed and pushed Jiyong off, strolling to the living room.

 

“What. 22? 23? I’m 24, so you better give me the respect I deserve and call me noona.” She demanded, posing with her arms across her chest, head held high.

 

“I’m 26, going 27.” He said nonchalantly and sat back to his seat to continue his breakfast, as if nothing happened.

 

“WHAT. I BEG YOUR PARDON? 26??” Dara reckoned.

 

“Yes Pet, now shut the up and sit here and wait.” He instructed and pulled out the chair beside him.

 

Dara’s head dropped with defeat and shuffled her feet slowly to the seat.

 

 


 

 

After washing up his dishes, I laid on the sofa waiting for time to pass. I was only suppose to start work at 2pm, however because of this moron’s breakfast request, I’ve still got another hour to waste.

 

“Pet!”

 

“UGHHHH COMING.” I growled and got up, walking to the room he was in.

 

“This or this?” he asked, showing a sparkly red jacket and a striking yellow blazer.

 

“Ew. None. And they call you a fashionista, omo they have such good eyesight.” I scoffed with sarcasm all over, leaning against the doorframe, watching him.

 

“I wear whatever I like, having them calling me a “fashionista” has no relation to how I actually dress.” He sneered and started throwing clothes on his bed to see if they matched.

 

 

As we were discussing what he should wear, we hadn’t realize that his manager had already came in the apartment.

 

“Oh? You are..?”

 

“Hyung that’s my new make-up artist. Dara.”

 

“Annyeonghasehyo~ I’m Sandara park. Nice to meet you.” I greeted cheerfully, bowing. I had my eyes on jiyong as I flashed him an evil smirk. HIAK HIAK, he finally doesn’t introduce me as pet.

 

…..

 

 

….

 

 

 

“But you can call her pet.”

 

AHHH!!! KWON JIYONG!!!!! *Boiling boiling, mentally slap him a million times*

 

 


 

 

It’s my first time at an actual event. G-dragon was scheduled to appear for one of OnStyle’s program, which has numerous famous people, and idols come together to discuss about their style preference and comments on trends. After being here for 1.5hr, all I can say is that

 

IT IS HECTIC AS HELL…. They do so much just for a 45minutes program….

 

People were rushing here and there. Famous people sitting there, were using their phone while their make-up artists were drawing on their faces, hairstylists doing their hair. Fortunately, I had already done his make-up before arriving; all that was remaining for me was final touch ups.

 

Producers were asking if other idols and famous people have arrived yet, instructing the camera and lighting to be set up to the standard they wanted.

 

I felt so lost. I was standing in the middle of nowhere, watching people run here and there. I was getting dizzy.

 

“Pet. Sit here.” Jiyong instructed me as he pat on the chair beside him.

 

Without hesitation, I sat down.

 

“Just listen to some music or something, no need to observe so much. When its time, I’ll tell you to help me with the touch up.” He said nonchalantly and plugged his earpiece back on.

 

I was surprised by what he said. It felt like as though he knew that the fast-moving production crew and havoc around me was flustering. Without knowing, I felt calmed after hearing his words. I didn’t feel that lost anymore.

 

After awhile of listening to music, I looked up and noticed a tall pale lady strolling towards Jiyong with a smile plastered on her face.

 

I’ve seen her somewhere…

 

“Oppa!” She squeaked as she popped her face right in front of his. Their faces were almost touching… and he seemed unshackled by her actions.

 

With no emotions, he removed his earpiece and said his greeting as though he barely knows her. But if she’s calling him oppa, shouldn’t they be close already?

 

“I didn’t know you’d be filming today. Such coincidence. Heeheh.” She bubbled, she seem like a really cheerful person and someone who only knows the positive side of things. Her body was beautiful, just like her features. A tall beautiful positive creature like her, no wonder she’s able to associate with Jiyong so casually.

 

“Uh. It was a last minute schedule.” He said with a blank face.

 

“Ooo~ its great to see you after so long oppa. I missed you.” She said with a shy smile.

 

I felt like I was an invisible person sitting between them, watching their conversation. As expected, if you aren’t famous, you’re not worth to be greeted by famous people.

 

“Good to see you too. Sorry I got to go, mic check.” He replied and signaled me to leave with him.

 

“O, you’re new? I’ve never seen you before.” The tall lady finally noticed me, and turn her attention to me.

 

“Annyeonghasehyo~ I’m Sandara park. Nice to meet you.” I greeted sweetly and bowed.

 

“Annyeong. I’m Kiko Mizuhara. Nice to meet you too. Are you his new manager?”

 

Omo omo. I remember her now. OMO… she’s the Japanese model whom I’ve seen countless times on the magazines back in the intern studio store I worked at. Oh my….. goddess.

 

Before I could reply her question, Jiyong beat me to it.

 

“No, she’s my make-up artist. We got to go.” He snapped, and grabbed me wrist and dragged me along.

 

"Ya, Master Ji, don't you think you're being rude?!???" I scolded as I was being dragged away.

 

After being dragged to a quiet corridor, he finally let go.

 

“Aren’t we going for mic check?? What are we doing here???” I asked, panting from the long and fast walk.

 

“Give me 5 minutes would you, goddamn it.” He said with a harsh tone.

 

I nodded immediately, rubbing my now bruised wrist. He gripped too hard. It was hurting but I was more focused on him. My eyes darted at his face, his body gesture as he turned and walked up and down the quiet dim hallway. 

 

This was the first time I’ve seen him so fiery and short-tempered… I stood rooted to where I was, afraid that if I moved, he might snap at me again.

 

 


 

 

10 minutes passed and we were finally walking back to set. Jiyong was quiet and he didn’t seem like he wanted to talk about, so I remained silent throughout the walk.

 

Thousands of thoughts ran through my mind. Why was he acting like that? Is he not feeling well? Did Kiko insult him? Is he having a bad day? But he seemed fine before he came here.

 

“Pet, touch up.” He ordered.

 

“Oh ok.” I answered, breaking me from my thoughts.

 

As I touched up his under eye concealer, I had the chance to look him eye to eye. His eyes were warm, nut brown, it glossed when the lights hit them. But they were intense, lost in thoughts, without a care of what was going on around him.

 

“G-dragon!” a production crew called for him.

 

I quickly finished up his make-up and did a quick hair check for him because the hairstylist unnie had to rush off earlier.

 

As they were filming, unconsciously, I was monitoring his every move. How his eyes would turn to crest shape when he laughs, his slight grin, how he instinctively touch his nose tip when he laughs. He seems like a different G-dragon from an hour ago. It was like; the fuming Dragon was just my imagination.

 

“Dara did he tell you anything just now when you guys went out just now?” his manager, Kook, asked me as he stood beside me, both our eyes still watching him.

 

“Err, no. He was just quiet and needed some alone time. Why you ask?”

 

“You don’t know why he was acting that way?”

 

I shook my head, finally facing Kook.

 

 


 

 

On the way back to the office, I sat quietly at the back seat, twirling my bag’s strap, thinking of what Kook had told me moments ago.

 

I never gave much thought to the phrase, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. But after today, I guess that phrase is true. People may feel that Jiyong is a heartless idol who breaks hearts and have hundreds of girls around him every night. While, it was a norm to view Kiko as an innocent sweetheart. I guess it’s the opposite. Life is full of surprises, people wore their masks well, acting according to how they want to be seen. Kiko is definately good at acting.

 

Kiko hurt Jiyong. She dumped him 3 months ago, after dating for a year because she got bored and wanted something more thrilling. Today was the first time they’ve met after the break. That’s what Kook told me.

Now I know why he was cold and guarded. He was wary of her. He didn’t want her to see how he was feeling.

 

After the break, Jiyong was left devastated and broken. He wrote songs till the wee hours, throwing his raw feelings into lyrics. He drowned himself with alcohol and parties. He lashed out at anyone who tried to talk some senses into him. Maybe that’s how the song “Crooked” was came about.

 

He was raw and broken. But I guess he is better now.

 

I hope.

 

 


 

Sorry for the slow updates!! Hope you enjoy reading and please comment and subsribe!! Next chapter up this week!! Thank you so much for reading~

 

160x160x7-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped160x160x7-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped160x160x7-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped160x160x7-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped160x160x7-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped