Chapter 3

Confessions of a Dragon's Make-up artist

 

 

 

Oh my god.... I whispered as I keep my cool. I packed up my make up case and tugged my clothes straight.

 

"Sandara-shi?" the interviewer asked.

 

"Neh!" I answered cheerfully.

 

"Please come to the next room for your review when you're ready."

 

"Okay~" I said as I hasten my packing and cleaning up.

 

I was almost done with my interview, the interview was almost like a practical test. When I entered the room, there was already a model there waiting for me. I showcased my work on the model's face as if an artist working on a canvas.I did my best, displaying a flawless foundation and concealing any flaws, perfect eyeshadow shades and the angle of how it should be to match the colour and eyeshape of the model etc. I really did my best despite my heart that seemed to have died from the crazy adrenaline I was out through.

 

3 invigilators were there in the room with me as I showcased my work. One of them was really friendly, he introduced himself as Sane which is areally cool name??? I couldnt really remeber the other two name. He was the most talkative one and would try to ease the tension by laughing or joking around, which was really nice of him.

 

I got ready and walked to the next room to hear how my review would turn out.

 

*Knock knock*

 

"Come in!"

 

I tripped over my own foot as I pushed the door open, causing me to look like I burst myself into the room.

 

"Sorry sorry." I said as I bowed to apologise for my adrupted entrance.

 

A guy with faded blonde hair who was sitting beside Sane chuckled at my clumsy action, Sane was good enough to tell me that it was alright and instructed me to sit on the chair opposite the row of invigilators.

 

- AFTER 5 MINUTES OF TALKING ABOUT MY BACKGROUND AND HOW I OBTAINED MY CERTIFICATE -  

 

"So, Sandara-shi, do you have any experience with dealing with idols or artists?" one of the female invigilator asked.

 

"Ya noona, why do you make us sound like animals? Whats the meaning of dealing with us!" The guy with blonde hair joked, interuptting my interview.

 

"Then how do you want me to ask?" the lady joked back, now facing him instead of me.

 

"I'll asked the questions, give me your paper." he said laughing, as if taking my interview as a game.

 

The nerve of this guy... Talking like I'm invisible...

 

"Hello Dara-shi. I can call you that right? Dara?" the guy asked, looking at me straight in the eye.

 

"Yee..yes." I didnt know what made me stutter. I was fine before. He made himself comfortable with me so fast, this guy is really weird. Unknowingly I couldn't meet him eye to eye for more than 10 seconds... Weird.

 

"So do you know G-dragon?" he asked with his head tilting to the right slightly. It was cute.

 

"Yes. Of course I know, he is a really popular singer from YG isnt it?" I threw a question back. Surprisingly, everyone started laughing, even the lady before.

 

The blonde hair guy looked embarraseed as his head fell, chuckling at my reply.

 

"Yup, he is really popular. So how would you feel if you're able to work with him? He recently needs a personal make-up artist to match his fussiness and busy schedule. We, as the company staff, of course needs to provide him the best service right?" he asked Sane and Sane nodded, still laughing slightly.

 

"Ya Jiyong stop kidding around." the lady cut me before I could answer him.

 

"What? This is the job scope isnt it?? To be ready at all times and be avaliabe for the artist, himself, at all times?? So Dara-shi, are you up for this job?"

 

"Yes, of course, I'll be forever 24hours on stand-by for him." I said cheerfully, slightly smiling.

 

"Good! Dara you're hired." the blonde guy smirked. It honestly gave me the chills but also butterflies in my stomach(?), as if something evil was coming for me.

 

I contained my excitement and happiness until I stepped out of the YG building.

 

"AHHH!!!! YES YES!!! I DID IT. YG MAKE-UP ARTIST! I DID IT!!!"

 

"Lady, you passed the interview?" the security before came forward and ask me.

 

"Yes sir!! Thank you again, for guiding me just now!! Hehehhe" 

 

"No problem and congragulations." The middle aged man smiled.

 

"Go home and share the good news with your family, they must be waiting for you." 

 

The "family" cut me from my outburst of happiness. Ha... Family? They are all the way in London or New York who knows what they're doing.

 

"Neh." I answered and gave a bow before I flagged a taxi and got into it.

 

My family was never supportive of my dream to be a make-up artist and to work in Korea. My parents are Korean, so is my younger brother. However, we migrated to America, New York when I was 3 years old. Memories there were pretty much a blur. I can't remeber much except that I was often lonely and quiet in school and at home. My parents were both successful business man and woman. They own a total of 40 korean supermarkets in different parts of America and are still expanding. Successful huh? I was made to study business and stocks management since the age of 10 years old. It wAS HELL I TELL YA. Sure we were wealthy and treated with great respect by people, it wasn't the life I wanted. I wanted to do what I want, what I enjoy and work towards what I aspire to be. 

 

After a heated argument with my father, I took off for Korea at the age of 15, and stayed with my aunt and attended a neighbourhood high school which was where I met my chaerin (^0^)!! 

 

Up till now, I have no regrets and I don't need any pity from anyone. I am Dara ya, petite but tough as rock!

 

I do miss my brother thou.. I hope he is doing well and happy~~ GaeDoongie, noona mixiu.  ;_;

 

After having my celebration dinner with my chaerin, I headed off to a MAC store to purchased the bursh I lost that time. (Remeber that crazy stranger who stole my brush after I left it on the table when I was drunk? Yes, that brush.)

 

 


 

 

FIRST DAY AT WORK

"Annyeonghasehyo, I'm Sandara Park the new make-up artist. Please take care of me!" I greeted with a cheerful tone.

 

"Oh, Dara you're here. Call me Kelly Unnie, I'll be your mentor for the next 4 days, learn fast neh." She was a slightly larger lady with a short curly bob and was wearing a plain white tee with jeans. She seem to be checking the stocks of the new make-up brushes that just came in.

 

"Yes mdm." I said and quickly took out a notebook and pen, in case I had to take note of anything.

 

"So, as you should know, you'll be working as G-dragon's personal make-up artist. I have been working with him for 3 years, hence I am very clear of his skin type and what work best on his face and feature. But of course, I would also like you to try new things on him and also explore and make him look even better with your skills." She said, giving me a smile as she paused and looked at me.

 

"He can be a real kid. So just bear with it alright? Sometimes, you might be required to go to his house to get his make-up done if he wakes up late. Actually thats really most of the time." She snickled and move on.

 

"What else should I cover...Ah, I'll email you his skin type and best foundations and powder that works on him. Most of the time you'll either be around headquarter, travelling with him or just having your own free time. However, please always be ready if there are any last minute outings he have to go. He is an idol after all, he can't go out showing off a no-make-up face isn't that right?"

 

"Yes." I said reall quickly at the same time nodding.

 

She continued checking the new make-up products that just came in.

 

"Dara, go to level 4, Studio 13. He should be there now. Ask him yourself what he requires and want you to take note of. Once you're done, we'll go through your new make-up casing."

 

"Neh, arasso~"

 

I took the lift and tapped my temporary staff card. YG building was really cool and it felt so exclusive to be here. Its really a WOAAAHHH, to be here.

 

Finally, I found the studio. I stood infront of the door. Before I entered, I was suddenly strike by the thought that I had no idea how G-dragon looked like. I mean, I've heard of him and lied yesterday that I know who he is, but in fact I had zero knowledge of how he looked or how great he is (because I honestly have -91337364 interest in him or his idol career or fans). I fished out my phone from my pocket and started googling how he looked like. 

 

Without me noticing, the door was already opened and the blonde hair guy from before was standing before me. I looked up and surprised by how close our faces was. It was just less than 10cm away from each other. This guy. His eyes are so deep.. OMO DARA WHAT R U DOING.

 

"Oh! Annyeonghasehyo, you were the guy yesterday right?"

 

"And you're Dara. Why are googling me?" he asked nonchantally, rubbing his eye, looking at my screen and back at me.

 

"Oh I just wanted to look at how G-dragon looks like."

 

WAIT A FREAKING MINUTE....

 

"omo OMOO OMO, ISNT THIS GUY YOU?!?!?!" I exclaimed, jumping back in shock. I held my screen beside his face and I couldnt believe how dumb I was.

 

He smirked and held my wrist and pulled me into the studio.

 

"Welcome to my crib. Choice37, this is my new pet, Sandara Park, but call her Dara."

 

"What? Pet? Excuse me G-dragon-shi, I'm your make-up artist." I controlled my emotions, if this Choice guy wasnt there, I might have already swang a flying kick at this little kid.

 

"P. E .T. Dara" the idol spelled and smirked with his hands resting on the table, his slim body leaning onto the table. 

 

I felt like I was really an animal being judged by 2 owners, Choice 37 and G-dragon. Dara, get a hold of yourself, dont let this kid ruin your career. I cleared my throat and proceeded with asking what I should take note of. 

 

"Ok, Dara, start writing now ...."

 

....

....

...

...

........

 

After spending 30 minutes in the studio with him and listening to what are his special requests..... I now know I'm not only a make-up artist, I'm ALSO HIS FREAKING PERSONAL ASSISTANCE OR YOU CAN JUST CALL ME HIS MAID.

 

LETS READ THROUGH WHAT I'VE WRITTEN.

1. Do not call G-dragon, call him Jiyong or master. Preferably Master Ji. 

2. Master Ji hates vegetables, do not buy or serve anything that contains greens.

3. Master Ji hates waking up before 11am. 

4. Master Ji wants Americian breakfast tomorrow morning.

5. Master Ji hates when people comes into the studio when he is working unless they are music producers.

6. NEVER enter his house without Master Ji being there.

7. Master Ji only drinks vitamin water - Lemonade Flavour

8. Master Ji wants me to send his car for wash every Tuesday. Because idols do not wash their cars themselves.

9. Master Ji wants me to get out once this list is done.

10. As of now, there are only 10 points. Points can be edited or added on without prior notice.

 

HOW CAN I NOT WANT TO KILL THIS GUY. HOW TELL ME HOW???!!???!

AHHH UGH.

STUPID DRAGON.

JUST U WATCH OUT. 

 


 

 

Hello readers, thank you for being patient. Next chapter up next week! Thank you for reading! Please subscribe and comment!! Your comments make me stronger!! ( ˘ ³˘)❤

BKndxDpCYAAdeEt.jpg