Chapter 2

Fahrenheit 1472

Taehyung gnawed on his bottom lip, hunger settling in the pit of Taehyung's growling stomach as he walked quietly through the hallways. Although Taehyung's parents sent him to school, his parents definitely did not want to spend anymore money on him than needed. And what they needed was for him to go to school. And nothing more.

 

He returned to the classroom with a bottle of water in hand, slowly sipping from it. Everyday Taehyung would buy a bottle of water for lunch. He would save up the rest of his earning from his part time job to buy a packaged dinner at the end of each week. To Taehyung, those lunch boxes that kids complain about being embarrassedly packed, would be a luxury to have.

 

It was still lunch period, and he hated being stared at when he didn't have a home made lunch box or a sandwich from the canteen. It not only made him ashamed, it also made his mind go crazy in envy. Why don't my parents love me like normal kids parents do? Why am I the only one?

 

Taehyung rested his head on his wooden desk, his stomach growling. This made him go crazy, he needed to burn, to take his mind off reality. But unfortunately, he had forgotten his lighter today, mentally cursing at how forgetful he could be.

 

"Hey, are you going to eat?" A voice asked. Taehyung assumed it wasn't for him so he continued to lay his head on the desk.

 

"Hey! Are you ignoring me?" Taehyung could feel the pout forming in the words-- wait is there a hand probing him?

 

Taehyung finally decided to raise his head with much difficulty. Taehyung looked at the boy poking him questioningly, his brow furrowed. Taehyung realized it was the boy with the flower sunshine voice.

 

"You never ate anything this whole period, are you not hungry?" Jimin asked, his eyes curving into new moons as he smiled. His friends whisper to Jimin, telling him not to bother such a kid as Taehyung.

 

"I'm--" hungry "not hungry." Taehyung whispered, his voice soft and hoarse due to the lack of usage these past years. The flower boy just shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat his lunch.

 

The rest of the day seemed to pass sluggishly without his lighter to use for every three or so periods. The day slowly dragged into 9th period, biology. The teacher excitedly stated that this would be the first partner project this year and they were to make a resume for the assigned organism. Taehyung's head shot up at the word partner. Partner? That is such a foreign word to Taehyung. Taehyung gnawed at his lips, a bad habit of his when he was nervous. Will anyone be willing to partner with me? How will the partners be arranged?

 

The class was to draw from a box and whoever had the same colored tag as you, was your partner.

 

Taehyung desperately searched the classroom for the person that had the same colored tag as him, blue. Seconds later he sees Jimin drawing his tag carefully, obviously trying to get the same one as his friend. To Taehyung's horror, Park Jimin draws a blue tag. Taehyung watches Jimin moan in despair as he sees that he isn't with his friend. Jimin is quick to recover, smiling brightly as he finds Taehyung standing awkwardly to the side with a blue tag.

 

"Hey 'Mr. I'm not hungry!' I guess we're partners for this oh so wonderful project!" Jimin twirled around like a girl.

 

"Y-yeah.." Taehyung managed to croak out. How could this happen? They were polar opposites! There is no way they could work together!

 


A/n : I LOVE YOU ALL BUT THE FONT OF THE FrEaKING CHAPTER IS DIFFERENT FROM THE FIRST ONE AND ITS MAKING ME SAD. Ok well heart heart I love you all and I hopes you all enjoyed it. ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ