Chapter 4

Fahrenheit 1472

Hey guys I'm seriously sorry for this huge wait qq I'll try to make it up to all of my subscribers, ((70+ subs?! Omfg thank you so much )) 


Taehyung allowed Jimin to pull him to the others room, staring in amazement at the flowery decorations lined against the pure white walls. Although Jimin thought the decorations were normal-- even boring, Taehyung thought it was beautiful in contrast to his own dull and lifeless apartment walls.

When they entered Jimin's bedroom, Taehyung immediately took notice to the posters of famous singers and dancers plastered sloppily on the walls. 

The love and care that filled this house to the brim almost made him feel sick. It hurt to even think about his family, it tore him up inside that he didn't live up to his parent expectations. He thought, 'that that's why they didn't love me.'

Taehyung needed to work harder.
Harder, Harder, and Harder.

Taehyung sat himself near the small circular wooden table that was in the middle of the room. Jimin came over and plopped himself down beside Taehyung, sliding his Mac on to the wooden surface. Taehyung's face was laminated with the cold light of the computer. 

"So, do you want to research about our organism and I'll start preparing the poster?" Jimin asked. Taehyung subtly nodded, his stick skinny fingers sliding across the buttons. He's seen computers before but frankly, he's never used one since his job could only afford feeding himself and the rent for his shabby apartment. He was lost for a second, clicking on random files and biting his nails nervously, trying to work this block of metal. He finally got to the Internet tab and started researching about sea anemones. 

Jimin who was watching Taehyung from the corner of his eyes furrowed his eyebrows. Who in this time and era can't work a computer? 

Jimin shrugged it off. Jimin's mom opened the door and placed drinks in front of the two. Taehyung mumbled a small thank you and pulled the cup closer, relishing the refreshing taste of lemonade. 

They worked for a little over thirty minutes until jimin excused himself to the restroom, unclipping the gold watch that Taehyung never realized he had and placed it on the wooden table. Taehyung was curious, that was for sure. His hand hovered over the watch in fascination at the beautiful design. Cautiously checking for jimin, he picked up the watch, rubbing the smoothed metal.

"Yah! What are you doing?!"

Taehyung jolted, the watch slipping out of his grasp.

-- 

Jimin's mother was washing the dishes when there was a bang from Jimin's room. She wiped her wet hands on her apron, about to interrogate Jimin when a voice growled,

"GET OUT!" 

Her frown deepened when Taehyung slipped down the stairs, scurrying down the hall to the door, his bangs shading any emotion that might have been present. 

Taehyung didn't wait to put his shoes on properly before crashing out the door. Keeping his manners in check, Taehyung turned to bow to Mrs. Park, before rushing out of sight.

---

Taehyung was gasping by the time he reached his dinky apartment. He punched in the passcode to his apartment and tumbled in. He shut the door, sliding down the metal door. Jimin's angry face molded into the disappointed faces of his parents. 'Look, you spilled your juice on the floor again. Why are you so clumsy?' His parents scolded. His parents scolding him for his clumsiness morphed into talking about his grades. 'Why are your grades slipping? What place in your grade are you? You have to be number one at all times.' Taehyung trembled in fear, 

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again. It won't happen again, it won't happen again..." Taehyung curled into a ball, rocking back and forth on his heels, trying to calm his racing heart.

The whole act of his parents loving him already pulled him too far into a dystopia for him to back out. The illusion of his parents being able to love him again if he did well in school clouded his mind.

--

"Park Jimin, you will explain what just happened." His mother glared at him.

"Nothing happened." Jimin stated, avoiding his mother's piercing gaze. 

"When did I ever teach you to be so vulgar to guests?" 

"He's the one that broke the watch that's a token from grandfather!" Jimin spat.